criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Should we get new skins for The Galactic Empire & First Order?

Prev1
masontcarr
644 posts Member
edited May 20
I was thinking about new skins we could see for infantry in Battlefront II. And i was thinking about the Empire and First Order. What would be the perfect skins for the Galactic Empire and First Order?

Replies

• All the skins on this list pretty much (devs please start with luke. He needs skins.)

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/108158/definitive-hero-villain-skin-suggestion-list#latest
  • Unwarycoin
    6416 posts Member
    Yes.
    I want skins based on all the Stormtroopers from the Force Unleashed Series.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Yes.

Sadly some of those aren’t canon now, so Disney won’t allow it.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    No.

I'm joking, of course we should get new skins for the other factions! I love the Clone Wars as much as the next Chancellor, but it's irritating that aside from the Leia skin we've gotten zelch for any other faction. Personally, I'd prefer more maps added to modes like Extraction or CS before skins, unless those skins can be made much quicker.

Pretty sure creating a new batch of texture’s to cover the already existing character model is a bit easier than building a whole new map or game mode coding wise.

But I could be wrong lol
  • We don't even have this one yet...

luke-skywalker-clipart-episode-5-10.jpg
  • WodiQuix
    4573 posts Member
    Of course! I've wanted additional skins for the rest of the Trooper factions for quite some time. In terms of stormtroopers, as well as all class types (excluding droids and clones), male and female selection would be great, and I have no clue why it's not already present. Pauldron color options should also return from the previous game. TIE pilots, for both the Empire and First Order, could work as a variant of the Officer. Speaking of the Officer, I would also suggest different ranks (and rank plaques) and uniform colors. Not every officer had an olive drab or black uniform and was the highest military rank!
  • We don't even have this one yet...

Luke definitely needs more skins. Including Farmboy, Bespin, & Old Luke.
  • We need Armor officers for the Empire and First Order. What do you think guys? Might start a list on what skins the Empire and First Order need in the thread.
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    We don't even have this one yet...

Luke definitely needs more skins. Including Farmboy, Bespin, & Old Luke.

And the yellow jacket one from that one scene where he gets the medal, which is his default attire in the comics too.
  • Here is every possible Luke appearance:
    FARM BOY
    40rgz053lg79.jpeg
    FARM BOY (PONCHO)
    *****4c44vl5i3c.jpeg
    YELLOW JACKET (MEDAL)
    tn0y3w8lzriv.jpeg
    YELLOW JACKET
    1f3fuskf7cp8.jpeg
    PILOT (HELMETLESS)
    584fs3soefgi.png
    PILOT (HELMET)
    79u5u0lurxwo.png
    DAGOBAH
    tgc6w4szw42c.jpeg
    BESPIN
    pzwm9enxuntv.jpeg
    SAIL BARGE
    w11jd4wkitk1.jpeg
    JABBA’S PALACE (UNHOODED)
    gclgp7yuw5u4.jpeg
    JABBA’S PALACE (HOODED)
    5dp70es6fi15.jpeg
    ENDOR
    a9n8c9nuwbt0.jpeg
    ENDOR (HELMET)
    ce51hujf26nt.jpeg
    SANDSTORM
    7dta8bavbpjw.jpeg
    DEATH STAR II (UNFOLDED)
    1hwiaap1falp.jpeg
    DEATH STAR II
    x3aeiyp2j182.jpeg
    STORMTROOPER
    avae3gxv092j.jpeg
    STORMTROOPER (HELMET)
    485p491bzsv1.jpeg
    CRAIT
    shns4s4m1scw.jpeg
    HERMIT
    6gmwfbmbkfet.jpeg
    HERMIT (HOODED)
    234tdyfk381z.jpeg
    LEATHER JACKET HERMIT
    6wc52bml0pwa.jpeg
    LEATHER JACKET HERMIT (HOODED AND UNBUTTONED)
    mcdbjqfw7rgp.jpeg
    LEATHER JACKET HERMIT (HOODED)
    lxbofdfu4ow1.png
    JEDI MASTER
    j55zm3i4eiz0.jpeg
    HOSPITAL
    27e1wki4zy06.jpeg
    FARM BOY (BLANKET)
    mrof0j24nhl8.jpeg
    DARK EMPIRE (LEGENDS)
    ow4xb48ri2m8.jpeg
    Yes.

They actually made the incernator trooper canon, or it will be when the mandalorian releases. It's also arguably the ugliest trooper in canon thus far
    Yes.

They actually made the incernator trooper canon, or it will be when the mandalorian releases. It's also arguably the ugliest trooper in canon thus far

Yea gross. I couldn’t remember it’s appearance. That thing be hideous
    I was thinking about new skins we could see for infantry in Battlefront II. And i was thinking about the Empire and First Order. What would be the perfect skins for the Galactic Empire and First Order?

New reinforcements, vehicles,reinforcements types and skins and weapons
  • Unwarycoin
    6416 posts Member
    Here is every possible Luke appearance:
    FARM BOY
    40rgz053lg79.jpeg
    FARM BOY (PONCHO)
    *****4c44vl5i3c.jpeg
    YELLOW JACKET (MEDAL)
    tn0y3w8lzriv.jpeg
    YELLOW JACKET
    1f3fuskf7cp8.jpeg
    PILOT (HELMETLESS)
    584fs3soefgi.png
    PILOT (HELMET)
    79u5u0lurxwo.png
    DAGOBAH
    tgc6w4szw42c.jpeg
    BESPIN
    pzwm9enxuntv.jpeg
    SAIL BARGE
    w11jd4wkitk1.jpeg
    JABBA’S PALACE (UNHOODED)
    gclgp7yuw5u4.jpeg
    JABBA’S PALACE (HOODED)
    5dp70es6fi15.jpeg
    ENDOR
    a9n8c9nuwbt0.jpeg
    ENDOR (HELMET)
    ce51hujf26nt.jpeg
    SANDSTORM
    7dta8bavbpjw.jpeg
    DEATH STAR II (UNFOLDED)
    1hwiaap1falp.jpeg
    DEATH STAR II
    x3aeiyp2j182.jpeg
    STORMTROOPER
    avae3gxv092j.jpeg
    STORMTROOPER (HELMET)
    485p491bzsv1.jpeg
    CRAIT
    shns4s4m1scw.jpeg
    HERMIT
    6gmwfbmbkfet.jpeg
    HERMIT (HOODED)
    234tdyfk381z.jpeg
    LEATHER JACKET HERMIT
    6wc52bml0pwa.jpeg
    LEATHER JACKET HERMIT (HOODED AND UNBUTTONED)
    mcdbjqfw7rgp.jpeg
    LEATHER JACKET HERMIT (HOODED)
    lxbofdfu4ow1.png
    JEDI MASTER
    j55zm3i4eiz0.jpeg
    HOSPITAL
    27e1wki4zy06.jpeg
    FARM BOY (BLANKET)
    mrof0j24nhl8.jpeg
    DARK EMPIRE (LEGENDS)
    ow4xb48ri2m8.jpeg
    I now want the Dagobah Luke with Yoda on his back, while teamed up with Yoda.
    “On your back, I am not”
    “Then what am I lugging around?”
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Yes.

What does it look like?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • No wait the above image is Legends.
  • No wait the above image is Legends.

I assume it looks worse in canon then.
  • Jenga_Fett1
    537 posts Member
    edited May 21
    Yeah, these guys are uglier in Canon.
    chybcg8vokal.png
  • Yeah, these guys are uglier in Canon.
    chybcg8vokal.png

I would prefer that look, it lines up with how the flametrooper clones looked. The force unleashed design is just awful
  • 0xe8j7xl9x5c.jpg
    Now canon
  • NavySeal
    116 posts Member
    If they do add skins, which they should, they would need to add more then one type or everyone should rush to buy that single skin and everyone would look the same
  • NavySeal wrote: »
    If they do add skins, which they should, they would need to add more then one type or everyone should rush to buy that single skin and everyone would look the same

Agree.
  • Unwarycoin
    6416 posts Member
    I like the Incinerators.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • 0xe8j7xl9x5c.jpg
    Now canon

Imperial Flametroopers. Those would be in the enforcer class with the death troopers.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    I wonder if we will receive EMPIRE TROOPERS new skins

i hope so. maybe someday.
    I like the Incinerators.

Yeah. hopefully they will add them soon.
  • If the OG red robed Emperor guards don't show up? Someone will pay
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    If the OG red robed Emperor guards don't show up? Someone will pay

Maybe they could be a reinforcement.
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    If the OG red robed Emperor guards don't show up? Someone will pay

Maybe they could be a reinforcement.

Having the bodyguards returning but replacing the hero's icon similar to in BF'15 when the hero was in play would be cool. Each faction has a hero that had bodyguards/leads specific fighters, like GRievous and his Magnaguards or Kylo and his Knights of Ren. Even better of an idea since the RoS content drop. Just an excuse to add in a new thing that's more creative and individual than just another enforcer class. Not saying I hate the destroyers or commandos, but they're another enforcer.
  • Yes

Tan uniform Imperial Officer
    Blue-Grey uniform Imperial Officer
    Green-Grey uniform Imperial Officer
    Black uniform Imperial Officer

Armor off or Armor on

Stormtrooper heavies can get a red, white, black, and orange patch variant

First Order

Black uniform First Order Officer
    whatever other colors exist

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Absolutely!
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Pauldrons, pauldrons, pauldrons, did I forget to say pauldrons?
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    edited October 8
    They gave Republic Clone Trooper Officers the armored officer appearances, why not do the same for the Empire and First Order? Give their officers stormtrooper armored appearances too with the different pauldrons.
  • xzw8c4096hvl.jpg
  • Darth Maul skin of the OT
    Rogue one skin was very nice give darth Maul this skin!!!
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    They gave Republic Clone Trooper Officers the armored officer appearances, why not do the same for the Empire and First Order? Give their officers stormtrooper armored appearances too with the different pauldrons.

Yeah. Would be cool to see happen.
  • Pauldrons, pauldrons, pauldrons, did I forget to say pauldrons?

You still didn’t mention pauldrons.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Gizmoe
    124 posts Member
    The FO sith troopers would be a nice addition.
  • Gizmoe wrote: »
    The FO sith troopers would be a nice addition.

Yeah. would make a cool skin, or new reinforcement.
  • Those sand troopers or tan ones if they aren’t sand would be dope
  • Don't forget about the FO sith jetpack troopers, though they don't have the same blaster as the regular FO jetpack trooper, so maybe the FO sith jetpack troopers could be an elite type of aerial unit, instead of just being a skin, just with different abilities, like how the droideka and clone commando have different abilities compared to the other enforcers, so they are kinda like elite enforcers, so why not an elite aerial units?
  • Be careful what you ask for. Most of you don't know the difference between a skin and a new character model. You ask for skins, they give you skins but really you want a new player model. Now you get ***** because they didn't give you new player models they gave you skins, because you asked for skins. Then...you cry.

Adding bespin luke skin to this game would be painting over hoth luke or rotj luke to look like bespin luke. That's not bespin luke, bespin luke is a new body. A body you have to sculpt, make clothing for in marvelous designer, uv map, texture, make lod's, rig and test in game. A skin is what it sounds like, a skin. A flat texture map you paint over.

And now you know how to ask for what you want.
  • No we should get republic commando remastered in 4k but plot twist - it's made by competent devs- not 🎲
  • realta333 wrote: »
    No we should get republic commando remastered in 4k but plot twist - it's made by competent devs- not 🎲

DICE is competent, what are you on? You think coding a game like this is really that easy? Not to mention the time limit that's put on them by the community and EA, ON TOP of the sheer amount of stuff they have to look at because the community is calling it out or demanding it. They're basically not allowed to focus on anything the proper amount of time.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Don't forget about the FO sith jetpack troopers, though they don't have the same blaster as the regular FO jetpack trooper, so maybe the FO sith jetpack troopers could be an elite type of aerial unit, instead of just being a skin, just with different abilities, like how the droideka and clone commando have different abilities compared to the other enforcers, so they are kinda like elite enforcers, so why not an elite aerial units?

Yeah. That could work.
    No we should get republic commando remastered in 4k but plot twist - it's made by competent devs- not 🎲

DICE is competent, what are you on? You think coding a game like this is really that easy? Not to mention the time limit that's put on them by the community and EA, ON TOP of the sheer amount of stuff they have to look at because the community is calling it out or demanding it. They're basically not allowed to focus on anything the proper amount of time.

Hey...when you claim to be "AAA" and get paid those kind of wages...you're suppose to be above par. To say Dice hasn't suffered a great deal of "incompetence claim" since 2015 shows you might be new to the scene.

Hey...when you claim to be "AAA" and get paid those kind of wages...you're suppose to be above par. To say Dice hasn't suffered a great deal of "incompetence claim" since 2015 shows you might be new to the scene.

Definitely more EA pulling their strings to prevent it over them being flat out incompetent.