criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Community Transmission - Where are those Droidekas?

12346

Replies

  • E_ABZU
    487 posts Member
    I want to play as a Porg. Give me love.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    Well, Mustafar is more iconic than Felucia. But this is a good addition:
    - 1 new map.
    - Helmets fixed.
    - General Skywalker skin.
    - Droidekas.
    - New tank for clones.

    Also summer, hot, warm... Mustafar would be perfect. We need maps and weapons.

    Well Felucia was feature in the clone wars tv series, the force unleashed and in the movies so it seems kinda popular. Felucia,Kashyyyk, Coruscant and mustafar seem to be the popular planets from the PT that appear various time in other media so it kinda make sense
  • E_ABZU wrote: »
    I want to play as a Porg. Give me love.

    They are as cute as they are dumb
  • E_ABZU
    487 posts Member
    E_ABZU wrote: »
    I want to play as a Porg. Give me love.

    They are as cute as they are dumb

    A Porg with a light sabre to be more precise. They should also have Jedi abilities considering they were living with Luke.
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited June 9
    True
    IFAF wrote: »
    People just love to complain. Don't like the Clone Wars content? Guess what, the majority of the people who bought this game was for Clone Wars. You OT fans had a game based exclusively on said era and didn't make use of it. When this game released its first DLCs it flat out died. It came back to life when Clone Wars content was announced.

    If you're given OT maps that were in the 2015BF you complain that they are recycled, same thing with hero skins. MAKE YOUR [removed] MINDS PEOPLE
  • JMaster
    2271 posts Member
    edited June 9
    RadecGV wrote: »
    JMaster wrote: »
    Mixed feelings here. The content itself is wonderful, but what it means for the game makes me disappointed. Here's what I mean.
    Droidekas have been one of the reinforcements I've been dying to see realized in Frostbite, and so far they look promising. Of course, with these additions they either tend to be horribly ineffective or ludicrously overpowered, I hope they strike the sweet spot the Infiltrators did. I'm also worried on how they'll handle rough terrain and inclines, as I imagine they could be very wonky and frustrating to handle (much like the speeders). I'm curious about their weaknesses, as I wonder the effect Ion weaponry will have on them. But Droidekas bring up another set of questions... why another Separatist reinforcement? We still don't have OT or ST Infiltrators- or even a unique Clone Enforcer that isn't an effing Wookiee- but the Droids get yet another unit to bolster their lineup? And what about a counter unit? Will we be seeing Clone Commandos or Galactic Marines paired against them? And you mention they share an ability with its "fellow Enforcers", is it actually a new Enforcer? One that replaces the Supers on certain maps? Or is it another type of unit, like the datamined Sentinels and Pilots? It's great to have them- really, it is- but it's unfortunate that none of the other factions are getting love.
    The Saber tank is a pleasant surprise. I'm frustrated with vehicles more often than not, but I am happy that the Republic finally get a proper tank opposing the AAT, especially since I have fond memories of them from the last game. I'd love for them to open up the possibility of 2 player vehicles, but that's a topic for another time. Yet again, however, I'm left asking "What about the other eras?" The ST doesn't really have anything, but I'd love some better tank options for the Rebellion as well.
    Another pleasant surprise is the next map being Felucia. I was sure the next map would be something a bit more... prominent, like Mustafar, Utapau, or Coruscant. Granted, I have a feeling at least one of those is in the pipeline, but would take way more time to get right... so we're getting Felucia for now. That's just a Theory a Game Theory please kill me. But I gotta say, I'm happy! New maps are always welcome, whatever (well, almost, could do without Canto Bite), and Felucia is one of my favorite locations to see. It's easily the most alien and exotic world we've seen from Star Wars in my eyes, and I can't wait to get my boots muddy there. I do hope the intermission will see a few OT locations join Capital Supremacy (namely Mos Eisley) in the meantime, but that's me setting myself up for disappointment (and giving too much credit to the developers). Add that it's likely coming at the end of or well after August in all likelihood is frustrating.

    2 Player vehicles are impossible since the servers are 20 v 20 already. If 64 v 64 was a thing then full-scale wars and landing at point rain stuff could be true. Even AT-TE require a gunner on top of the mass-drive cannon so that you could shoot while on the move.

    Mustafar is not for the GA or CS yet HvV.
    Utapau less likely because it was not a front but more of a paratroop landing distraction. It was just short...
    Battle over Coruscant maybe but it was more of a space battle unless an extraction map where grievous leads a batch of droids to kidnap palpatine where clones and shaak ti defends the chancellor.

    Felucia, Saleucami, Mygeeto, Mimban, Muunilinst, Jabiim were long lasting theaters.
    I'm aware of the 2-player vehicle dilemma, I didn't delve to much into it since I know that there's already a ton of slots that can be taken up by reinforcements and vehicles, and there are only 20 players on each team.
    As for the maps... would those really be reasons to not put them in? Starkiller Base only had the X-Wing attack, with Han, Chewie, and Finn on a rescue mission. We've never seen an attack on Mos Eisley in the films, nor one on the surface of Yavin IV, or the inside of the Second Death Star. There's also things like Clones fighting Droids on Theed, and Rebels and Stormtroopers on Kessel, which we didn't see in the films. They're just famous locations, and I'd argue that Coruscant and Utapau are far more prominent planets in Star Wars than something like Felucia. Not saying that them being long lasting theaters is false, but it's somewhat irrelevant. What's to stop Mustafar from being a good GA map? When have the exact specifics of these battles stopped DICE from making them maps?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • E_ABZU wrote: »
    Skyguy501 wrote: »
    IFAF wrote: »

    STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT, NOT STAR WARS CLOWNFRONT.

    Therefore all eras should be represented not just 1 era for over a year.

    Funny how BF2015 includes ALL ERAS, huh?

    We are talking about this game, not the other.

    And we’re taking about both. You guys already had a game and now it’s time for the PT to get the same amount of content the OT got.
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited June 9
    WojtaZz97 wrote: »
    Does old 41 ranger will be romoved or stay? Please let them stay i know its not so canon but they looks cool


    The 41st Scout is a new clone legion avavilble to buy. The 41st Rangers are also a clone skin release a few months ago. They aren’t removing the rangers, just adding the scouts as a separate legion.
  • E_ABZU
    487 posts Member
    E_ABZU wrote: »
    Skyguy501 wrote: »
    IFAF wrote: »

    STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT, NOT STAR WARS CLOWNFRONT.

    Therefore all eras should be represented not just 1 era for over a year.

    Funny how BF2015 includes ALL ERAS, huh?

    We are talking about this game, not the other.

    And we’re taking about both. You guys already had a game and now it’s time for the PT to get the same amount of content the OT got.

    I guess you missed the point that this game was promoted as ALL ERAS, not Clownwars with additional eras.
  • E_ABZU wrote: »
    Skyguy501 wrote: »
    IFAF wrote: »

    STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT, NOT STAR WARS CLOWNFRONT.

    Therefore all eras should be represented not just 1 era for over a year.

    Funny how BF2015 includes ALL ERAS, huh?

    We are talking about this game, not the other.

    And we’re taking about both. You guys already had a game and now it’s time for the PT to get the same amount of content the OT got.

    Everytime I see this arguement it never ceases to amaze me. The game s are different games. Not comparable, totally different marketing campaigns and consumer promises at launch.
    Stop it.
  • TX_88 wrote: »
    Everyone is all excited about DICE adding the Droideka, when they should be adding the Dwarf Spider Droid it was way more common to see than a Droideka considering the Dwarf Spider was used across the entire war, literally this Droid would be seen in every engagement in some form or fashion! - The Dwarf Spider Droid could go under water, make its way through tunnels, climb vertical surfaces like all of the other CIS Walkers. It could switch firing modes between anti-infantry and a more charged bolt for anti-vehicle similar to the Clone Scout Walker but more powerful because of its big on board power cell or generator. In the Animated Series Star Wars the Clone Wars it is depicted being able to fully rotate the head 360*
    93nu0j240n3d.png

    OG-9 and Dwarf spider droid must be playable in Geonosis.
    Dwarf spider droid must be in Kashyyyk too.

    Droideka is a elite unit of CIS. Very expensive.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Why do these transmissions have a post date, in this case two weeks prior, to the date it was actually posted?

    I think the future concept of Felucia sounds great, & it would be a truly unique map other than recycled.

    While there are some cool things in there, I can't help but continue to get more exasperated by the direction this game continues to go including raising the cap level & no retroactive XP. I'm done with the Clone Wars stuff, I want to see Rogue One additions, & just mix it up in general. I'm just keeping an eye on the changes in this forum, but with no retroactive XP, stamina system change, & myopic focus on CW stuff I'm done with this game & will not endorse it as is.

  • TX_88
    26 posts Member
    TX_88 wrote: »
    Everyone is all excited about DICE adding the Droideka, when they should be adding the Dwarf Spider Droid it was way more common to see than a Droideka considering the Dwarf Spider was used across the entire war, literally this Droid would be seen in every engagement in some form or fashion! - The Dwarf Spider Droid could go under water, make its way through tunnels, climb vertical surfaces like all of the other CIS Walkers. It could switch firing modes between anti-infantry and a more charged bolt for anti-vehicle similar to the Clone Scout Walker but more powerful because of its big on board power cell or generator. In the Animated Series Star Wars the Clone Wars it is depicted being able to fully rotate the head 360*
    93nu0j240n3d.png

    OG-9 and Dwarf spider droid must be playable in Geonosis.
    Dwarf spider droid must be in Kashyyyk too.

    Droideka is a elite unit of CIS. Very expensive.

    You should be able to play the Dwarf Spider Droid on every Clone Wars map because it was seen across the Galaxy in every engagement it should be available just like a B2 or B2-RP you earn enough points to play them.
  • Sounds great and exciting :D. Thank you for the updates. Small suggestion for Capital Supremacy: What are the odds some capital supremacy maps will be Rebel vs. Empire, and Resistance vs. First Order
  • Thank you. I can wait for guns but I really wanted a new map and Droidekas. Appreciate it.
  • Great transmission!
  • Ok it sounds like a great update to me to be honest, but I am worried.
    1. How do I kill a Droideka properly? Sounds a little bit OP? If someone comes to close I can simply overload my weapons and melt him down, or roll away, stand back up and fire instantly
    2. You had the choice between Felucia and really any other planet and took Felucia? Really really really disappointed with this one
    3. nice more customization options
    4. sounds nice for clone wars fans, but I am guessing the other eras are not be supported within the next months? :/
    5. Will there be an alternative to Capital Supremacy?
    6. biggest CT? Most likely because of the history sections when you explained where the skins come from and not talk about the content which you, again, just briefly hinted at for the future past this update
    7. excited for the Roadmap to see when what will be released

    Edit: Other than that, really looking forward to play this update and happy with the new additions :)
    Edit 2: new mention of offline content? Disappointed on this one as well....

    felucia was the planet that I most wanted to see in this game
  • NoseRelc wrote: »
    Ok it sounds like a great update to me to be honest, but I am worried.
    1. How do I kill a Droideka properly? Sounds a little bit OP? If someone comes to close I can simply overload my weapons and melt him down, or roll away, stand back up and fire instantly
    2. You had the choice between Felucia and really any other planet and took Felucia? Really really really disappointed with this one
    3. nice more customization options
    4. sounds nice for clone wars fans, but I am guessing the other eras are not be supported within the next months? :/
    5. Will there be an alternative to Capital Supremacy?
    6. biggest CT? Most likely because of the history sections when you explained where the skins come from and not talk about the content which you, again, just briefly hinted at for the future past this update
    7. excited for the Roadmap to see when what will be released

    Edit: Other than that, really looking forward to play this update and happy with the new additions :)
    Edit 2: new mention of offline content? Disappointed on this one as well....

    felucia was the planet that I most wanted to see in this game

    Really? I mean ok, it depends on the personal opinion which planet should come next, but I really expected something ... more (?), something where the movies tie in more, more variations of the planet are possible, space battles could be added later own the line and and and ... you know?
  • What about Mapselection ans switching teams? It is still not possible.
  • I felt compelled to comment on this transmission. Seems like mighty fine dish of fan service that I am absolutely in love with. droidekas-check, republic tank-check FELUCIA!?-CHECK! this is dream come true
  • Why all will made for Clonewars? Star Wars is not only EP 1-3!! Make more for real Star Wars EP 4-6!
  • Is this really "the biggest community transmission yet?"

    One of the biggest yes, the biggest no. I’ll say third biggest.
  • Its_Me_007 wrote: »
    Why all will made for Clonewars? Star Wars is not only EP 1-3!! Make more for real Star Wars EP 4-6!

    Yes more real stat wars content starting with coruscant
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    ABOUT £%$&ING TIME!
  • Iceninja
    450 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    ABOUT £%$&ING TIME!

    For droidekias?

    I kind of hope they will have the weapons like a explosive sentry, but be extremely mobile.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Not too shabby Dice. Ive been very critical of the decisions made often in Bf2. Needless to say I do love BF2. Hoever we need to not soely focus on capital supremacy. The game mode limits hero choice which is not cool. We need Feucca for Ga too!!! Also please give us some Luke Skins and DR to repulse!!!!
  • All i can say is..

    FINALLY??
    The amount of content now is what should have been with the realease of this game.

    Bugs are still atrocious

    i pre ordered this and ditched it after a week. decided id have a look again yesterday and there have been some nice touches made but not nearly enough since the shocking release

    Toddlers would run EA better ffs
  • KMar
    1 posts Member
    Loving it:)
    Are we going to get Ashoka Tano,Captain Rex and Asaj Ventress,Cad Bane!
  • Happy with the new additions, great job devs, droidekas cant have been easy! :)

    Questions though:

    1) Biggest CT yet? Really? The bit about the lore and context really shouldn’t count.

    2) One skin, we were kind of expecting more but maybe they’ll come later?

    3) Everyone really thought weapons would be coming this time, any word on them?

    4) Where the flip is the roadmap???

    1.) Lore does count and it’s not the biggest but one of the biggest
    2.)Actually 9 skins, 8 clones and 1 hero
    3.) No one said weapons would be coming this month
    4.) The roadmap is out
  • AnthraXD3 wrote: »
    All i can say is..

    FINALLY??
    The amount of content now is what should have been with the realease of this game.

    Bugs are still atrocious

    i pre ordered this and ditched it after a week. decided id have a look again yesterday and there have been some nice touches made but not nearly enough since the shocking release

    Toddlers would run EA better ffs

    They kinda low staff so content drops will be kinda small and drop feed. It’s fine just glad we’re still getting content for this game
  • Question: The droideka was described as quite tanky in the latest posts and tweets as well. Will the republic tank be able to roll over the droideka and destroy it that way, or will the droideka block the republic tank somehow? OR will the tank just move the droideka in front of him? Thanks in advance!
  • really appreciate you guys works! and emmmm.. I want master wendu and anakins'hair could a little bit mare lighter.I want chrishendens' voice,thaks a lot!and palpatine could use lightsaber and every heros could kill any soilders at one strick.add more cards and vaders' angry could deals more damage
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    As we move through the summer we play to add new ways to play epic battles, for players who want something besides traditional PvP.

    Operation Knightfall (the raid on the Jedi Temple following Order 66) would make a great online PvE experience.

    Playable generic Jedi would break the current game model, but I imagine AI Jedi characters (with six or so different bodies randomly paired with the various human and alien heads for variety) would work fine.

    I see this working similar to Blast; but with objectives to gain reinforcements, such as defending the archives, securing a holocron and capturing strategic areas like the central security station.

    To make the battle more of a challenge, AI should have regular health, whereas players should have one-hit health. This would encourage teamwork and tactical gameplay.

    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • Ca we add Mace Windu please

  • I think I’m about to pass out in happiness
  • GoodBytes wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    As we move through the summer we play to add new ways to play epic battles, for players who want something besides traditional PvP.

    Operation Knightfall (the raid on the Jedi Temple following Order 66) would make a great online PvE experience.

    Playable generic Jedi would break the current game model, but I imagine AI Jedi characters (with six or so different bodies randomly paired with the various human and alien heads for variety) would work fine.

    I see this working similar to Blast; but with objectives to gain reinforcements, such as defending the archives, securing a holocron and capturing strategic areas like the central security station.

    To make the battle more of a challenge, AI should have regular health, whereas players should have one-hit health. This would encourage teamwork and tactical gameplay.

    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

    There’s no coruscant map through
  • tts42572
    1161 posts Member
    How many times do we need to keep asking for new Extraction maps? Make that a part of the new planet too!
  • The campaign need a bug fix! We doesn´t equip cards of Iden Versio! Please fix that bug! And good job too!
  • GoodBytes wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    As we move through the summer we play to add new ways to play epic battles, for players who want something besides traditional PvP.

    Operation Knightfall (the raid on the Jedi Temple following Order 66) would make a great online PvE experience.

    Playable generic Jedi would break the current game model, but I imagine AI Jedi characters (with six or so different bodies randomly paired with the various human and alien heads for variety) would work fine.

    I see this working similar to Blast; but with objectives to gain reinforcements, such as defending the archives, securing a holocron and capturing strategic areas like the central security station.

    To make the battle more of a challenge, AI should have regular health, whereas players should have one-hit health. This would encourage teamwork and tactical gameplay.

    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

    There’s no coruscant map through

    Order 66 was Galaxy wide. You could make it where a bunch of surviving Jedi are hold up in an area and The Clones are sent to kill them. And make Vader be the Hero you can get in the mode.
  • BROFORCE_TEAM
    6 posts Member
    edited June 24
    What he really needs is to balance the anakin's abilities primarily with the ability to retribution . I sincerely believe that it should not affect the villains .After all in a war in which ar twenty against twenty the anakin eliminate all the soldiers and the villains stand in the air while they are being smothered in the air while taking shots of others soldiers I think very exaggerated. Not speak in the regeneration of health points in which he received
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Hurry up and add that Offline PVE stuff, because im tired of seeing my team lose. no matter how many times ive been 1st place on my team, my team just cant win. im tired of this repeat of losing. its like north korea is on my team and im fighting USA+CHINA+RUSSIA+SOUTH KOREA

    seriously! add that PVE STUFF ASAP! im getting so tired of losing 9/10 games even if im top 5 on the MVP score board. my team just cant win.

    more than half my teammates just doesnt play the objective or just cant hit anything. you could even park a bus in traffic and my team cant even hit it.
  • FabiDepp
    115 posts Member
    Please keep in mind Anakin's hair in the Clone Wars Era. That'd make it hella more realistic
    vibs7jsitrw8.jpg
  • Starmasui73146
    1495 posts Member
    edited June 15
    Ok it sounds like a great update to me to be honest, but I am worried. How do I kill a Droideka properly? Sounds a little bit OP? If someone comes to close I can simply overload my weapons and melt him down, or roll away, stand back up and fire instantly.

    Well use any ion weapon of any kind and the shield will instantly drop.

    How to take down a Destroyer Droid.


    You had the choice between Felucia and really any other planet and took Felucia? Really really really disappointed with this one.

    Give it a chance, Felucia is gorgeous and unique. I've wanted this map since 2015 and now we are getting it.

    Nice more customization options.

    Yes...cool beans.

    It sounds nice for clone wars fans, but I am guessing the other eras are not going to be supported within the next few months? :/

    Actually Dennis hinted that there will be other eras maps for "Capital Supremacy" coming.

    Excited for the Roadmap to see when and what will be released.
    Really looking forward to playing this update and happy with the new additions. :)

    Agreed.
    No mention of offline content? Disappointed on this one as well....

    Actually the PvE Mode is talked about by Dennis in a recent interview with StarWarsHQ on YouTube; we will see it soon, August is the road map. Hang in there.

    Get excited!


    PvE mode Dennis interview:
    “There is always hope.”
  • Tryptamine
    1 posts Member
    edited June 18
    Droidekas? All of us know that shouldve been day one! Remember 2005 Battlefront!? you could fly from a space battle to a planets surface and engage in ground warfare!? Remember how the game came with all of our favorite vehicles characters and heros already installed!? Remember how you could just hop in and control almost any spawned vehicle on the map without having to purchase the ability to use them with points!?...... And you want me to be excited for this!??????...... Cyberpunk 2077

    [Let's cool it with the caps ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • CornellAKABCM
    396 posts Member
    edited June 16
    Awesome that we're getting Droidekas, but I'm curious about their Star Cards. Since they're another Enforcer unit, I'm guessing they'll have the same health-based cards as well as the Overload card, but what will their 5th card be since they don't have an explosive ability?
    Post edited by CornellAKABCM on
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    I’m gonna be hyped for droidekas on Kamino, those hallways are gonna be the death of so many meatbags
  • VERY excited about the upcoming content! One question about the TX-130 though, If it's a reinforcement, will that that cause some problems if someone were to choose it a a map like Kamino or any of the really tight arcade maps? Or is it not going to be available on maps like that? Glad to see it in the game but i'm just curious.
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    VERY excited about the upcoming content! One question about the TX-130 though, If it's a reinforcement, will that that cause some problems if someone were to choose it a a map like Kamino or any of the really tight arcade maps? Or is it not going to be available on maps like that? Glad to see it in the game but i'm just curious.

    I don't think it will be available on the smaller maps, because it's a vehicle, no vehicle is available on the smaller maps so i think that's why.
This discussion has been closed.