criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Boba is now villain #1 in HvV

Replies

• unit900000
    3478 posts Member
    have not really had an issue with him just chase him off if he trys to attack you might not be able to kill him but at least he will be sent packing.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    So many counters to Boba. Squishy Boba is a non issue.

let me see a gameplay of yours how you perform against boba in hvv in the latest update. i'd be pretty interested and until you post gameplay i will ignore your comment because its nonsense ;)

Please don’t ignore me, Lil Jordi. I killed a highly skilled Boba 36 times this morning in a game of HVV. Just trust me.

:D keep making jokes, no one should take you serious anyway ;)
  • Clone201
    3888 posts Member
    Finn is not a good counter at all. Blaster disabler idk if you guys know this but it disables blaster

But do a lot of Boba players run blaster disruption? No. The meta is usually the HOK card, the intense barrage, and the anti-hero rockets or fuel efficiency loadout in HvV). Blaster disruption also doesn't always work and concussion rocket is already bad in itself, so there's that too.
    even if that boba doesn't run it how can Finn get try to counter him when he's stuck in the menu cause vader put him in the combo & kylo comes to frenzy?

Wait until he gets deep into the fight with the rest of your team involved (and while everyone's not focused you as Finn) then gun him down. If you run the No More Running card, you can melt and defeat an inattentive Boba in approximately 3 seconds, from the full 600 health he has (yes, I actually calculated the damage TTK against Boba). Yes Finn is at a disadvantage against the other villains on his team, but the fact still remains that he can counter him whenever he isn't to be focused, sometimes easily, sometimes with a little challenge in there.

Yes, the air recovery is a bit over the top for him, but it is only more detrimental to lightsaber wielders than blaster wielders. Public lobbies not running blasters to counter or at least hinder Boba can expect to lose whenever he is in the match this time around.

Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • MC_XIX
    2035 posts Member
    I'd settle with a nerf to his air recovery time if his health regen is increased to 200.
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I'd settle with a nerf to his air recovery time if his health regen is increased to 200.

wasnt it?
  • Clone201
    3888 posts Member

wasnt it?

They didn't do it.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • MC_XIX
    2035 posts Member

wasnt it?

It was supposed to be, but it didn't happen. He's currently the only hero with 150 regen, which is another one of his weaknesses. Lowest regen + lowest health, which is why I'm against nerfing him.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    His in air dodge is not that good, but air recovery is good, but it doesn't help against anakin as he uses retribution or heroic might before you can recover
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Enzyoo
    252 posts Member
    4 matches in a row boba is placed first and one of them was me (i dont main him) he is literally unstoppable and it gets really annoying. there are still people that use him just to fly high in the air and blast rockets on you every now and then and if u try to kill them they just flee. you cant really get them out of the air (good boba players) and i think the mid air recovery shouldnt be so fast otherwise he is fine.

Good. Exactly how it should be.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Well, like, you see...you COULD change to a, you know, ranged hero and, like, deal with the issue. But you love your glowstick too much and, like, Boba should be nerfed.

Change to Finn or Han, or Leia, or his hard counter, the rug, and shoot him down instead of requesting nerfs.
    My name is Bob

• jordi1337 wrote: »
    So many counters to Boba. Squishy Boba is a non issue.

let me see a gameplay of yours how you perform against boba in hvv in the latest update. i'd be pretty interested and until you post gameplay i will ignore your comment because its nonsense ;)

Please don’t ignore me, Lil Jordi. I killed a highly skilled Boba 36 times this morning in a game of HVV. Just trust me.

:D keep making jokes, no one should take you serious anyway ;)

WOW! That was spicy. Thanks for not ignoring me.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

wasnt it?

It was supposed to be, but it didn't happen. He's currently the only hero with 150 regen, which is another one of his weaknesses. Lowest regen + lowest health, which is why I'm against nerfing him.

oops. then they should up the health regen to what the other blaster heroes have and then make him take longer to recover mid air
  • Remove recovery from hvv
  • MC_XIX
    2035 posts Member

wasnt it?

oops. then they should up the health regen to what the other blaster heroes have and then make him take longer to recover mid air

Sounds good to me. Could use a small buff to his concussion missile too, an increase of 50% in the concussion blur effect would be nice.
  • He needs a 2 second wait time before he gets to recover. Recover almost instantly
  • He needs a 2 second wait time before he gets to recover. Recover almost instantly

Won't he be on the ground in 2 seconds?

No. If I pull him with anakin & there's a fair bit of distance between us he recovers instantly & you're not able to kill him with even anakin. 2 seconds would allow luke & yoda & han to actually punish him instead of him recovering instantly. They're already going to adjust it so no biggie
  • I’d like to see a rocket barrage rework making it just one rocket like last game.
    At the moment it’s way too much of a crutch. Try getting heavy damage without using it.
  • awakespace
    1153 posts Member
    I really think Boba is fine

Just because sabers can't as easily kill him anymore doesn't change that. Boba can't do anything to a saber hero 1v1 - he can't even touch them if they play defensively. But if a saber user can't get to Boba as easily, it's a gigantic problem.
  • awakespace
    1153 posts Member
    He needs a 2 second wait time before he gets to recover. Recover almost instantly

No. If I pull him with anakin & there's a fair bit of distance between us he recovers instantly & you're not able to kill him with even anakin. 2 seconds would allow luke & yoda & han to actually punish him instead of him recovering instantly. They're already going to adjust it so no biggie

Poop... Where do you see that they are going to change him? I guess the nerf herders win already...
  • awakespace wrote: »
    He needs a 2 second wait time before he gets to recover. Recover almost instantly

Poop... Where do you see that they are going to change him? I guess the nerf herders win already...

Pretty obvious theyre gonna tweak it with the negativity that surrounded his recovery on here & reddit. In two weeks imma say I told you so.

Yeah, because of saber mashers crying 24/7. Blaster heroes shouldn't get dragged all the way across the map for easy spam kills with a lightsaber. Saber mashers have done nothing but ruin this game, going all the way back to the combat roll nerfs.
    My name is Bob

• Saber mashers have made both HvV and infantry play worse. Freaking sick of that mob.
    My name is Bob

Yeah, because of saber mashers crying 24/7. Blaster heroes shouldn't get dragged all the way across the map for easy spam kills with a lightsaber. Saber mashers have done nothing but ruin this game, going all the way back to the combat roll nerfs.

No. I love boba but it's crazy he has instant air recovery. He was already untouchable by everyone with a saber besides anakin. In air dodges by itself would've solved the ragdolling
  • You will probably just say the boba in the clip was bad but i dont want to post lots of video, in most cases i find the best way to deal with bobas is to not chase him let him come to you, and defend your blaster heroes as much as possible, ensure you always know where he is and if he tries to help his team or attack your team chase him away once far enough stop chasing and deal with the rest of his team. he has to get close to be a real threat. that said bobas are annoying and frustrating at times.

In the clip i am using yoda we all get killed at the beginning but than turn the tides relativly quickly, and while i dont kill boba alot he certainly gets killed by either me or my blaster friends easy enough, again i can probably find more vids on my PS4 but i really can't be bothered to fill this thread with vids of bobas dieing killed

The new changes to boba certainly make him harder to kill however i dont know if i can agree that he is number 1 villain in HvV
  • His missile barrage is waaaaay to OP. That is my only complaint 'bout him.

No. I love boba but it's crazy he has instant air recovery. He was already untouchable by everyone with a saber besides anakin. In air dodges by itself would've solved the ragdolling

On console, lightsaber heroes already have it easy due to the combat roll dragging players back into enemy fire or lightsaber strikes. Heaven forbid we give console blaster players one hero who can temporarily counter the magnetic lightsaber, stuns, etc. As someone I know put it: "Suddenly Anakin can't yank him out of the air, passionate strike him, and then finish him off before he can recover. Oh boohoo!"
    My name is Bob

• Boba has decent abilities in BF17, but BF15 boba would still melt him in the hands of someone with EE-3 skills.
    My name is Bob

• Ppong_Man12
    2722 posts Member
    Saber mashers have made both HvV and infantry play worse. Freaking sick of that mob.
    Saber mashers have made both HvV and infantry play worse. Freaking sick of that mob.

I got a few bucks that says most of the complaining is coming from the saber camp. They claim they want balance but imo that’s the last thing they want, going by the history of the game.
    Boba has decent abilities in BF17, but BF15 boba would still melt him in the hands of someone with EE-3 skills.

Yes he would, no chance, that was actually a Boba that rewarded skill over spam. Funny that most primary weapons in this game aren’t the primary. The fact abilities, many of which could be done blindfolded, has become the meta. I can’t imagine if Bossk had his old Rebly and speed back and Boba had his old ee3 back.

crssquared wrote: »
    His missile barrage is waaaaay to OP. That is my only complaint 'bout him.

Give me back his old bf15 ee3 and they could remove his rockets all together. Personally I hate using his rockets because as a shooter main it’s not a 1st natural reaction.
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member
    edited May 28
    awakespace wrote: »

Just because sabers can't as easily kill him anymore doesn't change that. Boba can't do anything to a saber hero 1v1 - he can't even touch them if they play defensively. But if a saber user can't get to Boba as easily, it's a gigantic problem.

boba melts saber heroes! like what do you mean bro :D sarcasm or noob detected?
    Post edited by jordi1337 on
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

imagine dying to a saber smasher :D they are the easiest to kill ;)
  • jordi1337 wrote: »

I'm referring to making the game worse via all the nerfs. If you're going for the bad player angle, go for it -- amuse me.
    My name is Bob

• Didn't read most of this thread but as an avid Chewbacca player he is still just as easy to drop. A good boba player can be a plight but after shaking off my rust I find it's easy to counter him.

If you have a chewie, just make sure he isn't being targeted by saber users so he can focus boba
  • awakespace
    1153 posts Member
    edited May 27
    awakespace wrote: »

boba melts saber heroes? like what do you mean bro :D sarcasm or noob detected?

not noob at all - I'm great with all the characters - but if you put me 1 v 1 as a saber against any Boba - even the best - there is basically nothing they can do to hurt me - maybe a tickle here and there - it might be a long drawn out annoying affair, but I'm not at a disadvantage

And yes with Boba I can "melt" most saber users because they are playing poorly - yes Boba melts saber heroes who are distracted by other players, or unaware/disoreinted, or just chase after him swinging - but this is just inexperience against experience

And I'm not saying that a great Boba isn't a nightmare for opposing teams of all saber users because he can clearly take advantage of the inevitable attacks coming from multiple sources. But I'm just saying that simply because saber users can't take him out as easily, it doesn't mean he's OP. What can Finn or Leia or even Lando do against a great saber user (grievous excluded)?

In all I think Boba is the player in this game with the highest skill ceiling - and when people run into a great Boba, they get really frustrated because of how far he can be pushed.

Anyway, if he's getting nerfed, fine - he's was still fun even when he could be thrown all over the place if he got caught in any of the numerous abilities that would knock him out of the sky.

I just think this is a needed change for GA, and it really isn't causing me any new problems when I face Boba in HvV
  • Solo takes Boba down easily I find. Cause your pretty screwed if the Boba player has an eye with the barrage tho
  • Wasnt he always?
  • DarthJ
    6688 posts Member
    Solo takes Boba down easily I find. Cause your pretty screwed if the Boba player has an eye with the barrage tho

This. Han, Chewie and Leia still take him down easily. A saber hero can beat him too if the player is average, even with his recovery. He is horrid to go up against if the player is good with him though. As it should be.

Personally dont think rocket barrage is OP - most players aim is off so I rarely get a full pelt of rockets hitting me, unless its a good player.

On the other hand, I am usually poor with him but finishing top 3 most of the time with him now. A lot more Bobas are in top spot in HvV too.

Think it will just take time for people to adapt to him. Would still say Iden gives me more trouble than he does, and Bossk on the rare occasions he is picked
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Isn't Chewie supposed to knock him out of the sky with his bowcaster ? I could have sworn that happened to me a couple of times back when i leveled up Boba. Yet today a Boba ate two shots of mine and still flew on.
  • Relmets
    2372 posts Member
    Isn't Chewie supposed to knock him out of the sky with his bowcaster ? I could have sworn that happened to me a couple of times back when i leveled up Boba. Yet today a Boba ate two shots of mine and still flew on.

it's a choppy mechanic like everything else in this game
    [+3748 posts]
  • Isn't Chewie supposed to knock him out of the sky with his bowcaster ? I could have sworn that happened to me a couple of times back when i leveled up Boba. Yet today a Boba ate two shots of mine and still flew on.

If you don't hold down the button you won't get ragdolled by explosives.

Who now ? Boba ? So the ragdoll only happens while the jetpack is actually burning fuel ?

Who now ? Boba ? So the ragdoll only happens while the jetpack is actually burning fuel ?

Yes

Yes

He did that, though. Guess it was just yet another inconsistency of this game then. Business as usual.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Solo takes Boba down easily I find. Cause your pretty screwed if the Boba player has an eye with the barrage tho

This. Han, Chewie and Leia still take him down easily. A saber hero can beat him too if the player is average, even with his recovery. He is horrid to go up against if the player is good with him though. As it should be.

Exactly. It shouldn't come as a surprise that good players are able to use something well. There's nothing wrong with that
    My name is Bob

• GenxDarchi
    7726 posts Member
    Not really anything has changed. All you need is one blaster like a han who’s decent with aiming and Boba isn’t a issue.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Well, if Boba is this strong, then the only thing left to do is buff the Chosen One. He's the only one that can bring balance to the force.

OHK on Anakin's pull should do...

😋
  • LucKazama
    165 posts Member
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Well, like, you see...you COULD change to a, you know, ranged hero and, like, deal with the issue. But you love your glowstick too much and, like, Boba should be nerfed.

Change to Finn or Han, or Leia, or his hard counter, the rug, and shoot him down instead of requesting nerfs.
    The thing is though ... except for a Finn with Deadeye, it takes way more skill to kill a Boba with any of these compared to an easy Rocket Barrage Faceroll kill on Boba's behalf. Yeah, sure, Blasters counter Boba, but the player trying to counter needs to have more skill and aim than the Boba.

And even with Finn it highly depends on the map and whether the Boba is dumb enough to just fly around in the open all the time and things like that ... and even if all those things play in Finn's favor it's still 50/50 between Deadeye and Rocket Barrage ...

Very well said.People also forget that boba's stay far away so even iff you do knock him down he's mostly likely gonna land behind something and even if he doesn't at that range you better make sure you got the skill to land every shot before he takes off.I heard somewhere the word "unstoppable"..thats wrong but he is or at least was difficult to deal with.Also its not just him you're fighting hes got his team and there is nothing more fustrating than almost clappin the boba only for a ren or vader to come up and freeze or choke you for the save lol
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

I'm referring to making the game worse via all the nerfs. If you're going for the bad player angle, go for it -- amuse me.

stop talking dude you have problems killing saber spammers :D im dying rn :DD