criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Boba is now villain #1 in HvV

Replies

• jordi1337
    1409 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Not really anything has changed. All you need is one blaster like a han who’s decent with aiming and Boba isn’t a issue.

no. have you just played against noobs or what? if i play boba i fly in a way that its hard to hit me then i fly over his head so its even harder to hit me and then i rocket barrage him down to 200 health or whatever and boom i finish him off with a few hs. simple as that. he is dead within seconds
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    Saber mashers have made both HvV and infantry play worse. Freaking sick of that mob.

imagine dying to a saber smasher :D they are the easiest to kill ;)

I'm referring to making the game worse via all the nerfs. If you're going for the bad player angle, go for it -- amuse me.

stop talking dude you have problems killing saber spammers :D im dying rn :DD

Weak bait
    My name is Bob

• Aren't you the guy who was ardently defending Anakin on here after initial release? I asked you this a few days ago, but I don't believe you answered. If you did, nobody should take your advice seriously.
    My name is Bob

Not really anything has changed. All you need is one blaster like a han who’s decent with aiming and Boba isn’t a issue.

no. have you just played against noobs or what? if i play boba i fly in a way that its hard to hit me then i fly over his head so its even harder to hit me and then i rocket barrage him down to 200 health or whatever and boom i finish him off with a few hs. simple as that. he is dead within seconds

Lmao.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

Lmao.

1. nothing to say against it? 2. write lmao!
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member
    Aren't you the guy who was ardently defending Anakin on here after initial release? I asked you this a few days ago, but I don't believe you answered. If you did, nobody should take your advice seriously.

do you mean me? if so when did i say that? do you have any proof besides your random accuses?

Lmao.

1. nothing to say against it? 2. write lmao!

Only had time for that, sry.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• The problem I have with boba is that he can recover midair from force abilities. Every other hero (every other character in general) must suffer the ragdoll from force abilities except him now. When they were talking about adding recovery for boba I thought that was for explosive shot knocking him down. I think they should severely reduce his recovery for force abilities.

And the “he has a jet pack so he should be able to recover from force abilities” is invalid because other force heroes get ragdolled so if other force powers can’t recover from the force then a jet pack shouldn’t either
  • Aayn_Tak
    190 posts Member
    My only issue with Boba is the speed of his Jetpack. Decent players who wisely use his "For The Hunt" ability at the right time for infinite fuel become literal speed hacks.

• bfloo
    15817 posts Member
    Boba?

In my experience he is the most ignored, why chase him anymore?

Every map has areas that leave him useless unless he lands, where he is one of the easiest kills.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Ppong_Man12
    2722 posts Member
    edited May 28
    bfloo wrote: »
    Boba?

Every map has areas that leave him useless unless he lands, where he is one of the easiest kills.
    Boba?

Glad someone can use a little basic logic, I never worry about him much unless he’s specifically targeting me. But yeah, it’s not hard to take away his best asset and limit his kit by going inside. Can’t help or control what most of the brain dead does. Premades and zombies tend to make up most matches in HvV.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Boba?

He is pretty much ignored these days
  • bfloo
    15817 posts Member
    Boba?

He is pretty much ignored these days

If the 2 of us actually agree on something it must be true

0ss7qkmhnto1.png

h846398gb27k.png

• willywonka7
    1681 posts Member
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    The problem I have with boba is that he can recover midair from force abilities. Every other hero (every other character in general) must suffer the ragdoll from force abilities except him now. When they were talking about adding recovery for boba I thought that was for explosive shot knocking him down. I think they should severely reduce his recovery for force abilities.

And the “he has a jet pack so he should be able to recover from force abilities” is invalid because other force heroes get ragdolled so if other force powers can’t recover from the force then a jet pack shouldn’t either

Agree.........the community asked for immunity or no knock down from trooper abilities because he was constantly getting shot out of the sky by explosive shot, ion turret, and other trooper abilities. What we got instead was a mid-air recovery for everything. What we still need is no recovery for certain hero special abilities and full recovery for trooper abilities.

If Dice would listen to the community more and stop trying to come up with weird updates that they think will fix the problem, which most of the time just makes the game worst, then the problems will be solved.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    Boba still has a skill gap so please just because noobs are hard to kill as Boba doesn't mean they are going to kill you
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Unwarycoin
    6205 posts Member
    I’d like to see a rocket barrage rework making it just one rocket like last game.
    At the moment it’s way too much of a crutch. Try getting heavy damage without using it.

I prefer Rocket Barrage stay a Barrage.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Boba still has a skill gap so please just because noobs are hard to kill as Boba doesn't mean they are going to kill you

it isnt based off how i perform against bobas it is based how i perform with boba.

it isnt based off how i perform against bobas it is based how i perform with boba.

I'll be Leia, you be Boba, come perform against me :)
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

lets bookmark this thread and come back when they add private matches or a 1v1 mode with friends

lets bookmark this thread and come back when they add private matches or a 1v1 mode with friends

You can actually 1v1 in this game & it's quite easy to do. Most forums members wussy out when challenged
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

You can actually 1v1 in this game & it's quite easy to do. Most forums members wussy out when challenged

you mean by seachring hero showdown?

Yes
  • jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

Yes

i'd be down for it if he is.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited May 29

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

You can do that maneuver when you fly in a way that its hard to hit you then you fly over my head so its even harder to hit you and then rocket barrage me down to 200 health or whatever and boom you finish me off with a few hs.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

You can do that maneuver when you fly in a way that its hard to hit you then you fly over my head so its even harder to hit you and then rocket barrage me down to 200 health or whatever and boom you finish me off with a few hs.

i have a pc, mate ;)

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

Great add me on Origin, its the same name as the forum name, we will play together a bit, see what you're made of, and then we will see setting up a 1v1 if you still want.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

Great add me on Origin, its the same name as the forum name, we will play together a bit, see what you're made of, and then we will see setting up a 1v1 if you still want.

if you buy me the pc version or borrow me one, sure.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Well, like, you see...you COULD change to a, you know, ranged hero and, like, deal with the issue. But you love your glowstick too much and, like, Boba should be nerfed.

Change to Finn or Han, or Leia, or his hard counter, the rug, and shoot him down instead of requesting nerfs.
    The thing is though ... except for a Finn with Deadeye, it takes way more skill to kill a Boba with any of these compared to an easy Rocket Barrage Faceroll kill on Boba's behalf. Yeah, sure, Blasters counter Boba, but the player trying to counter needs to have more skill and aim than the Boba.

And even with Finn it highly depends on the map and whether the Boba is dumb enough to just fly around in the open all the time and things like that ... and even if all those things play in Finn's favor it's still 50/50 between Deadeye and Rocket Barrage ...

If Boba has a straight line of sight to you, you have a straight line of sight to him. Simple. If he can hit you, you can hit him.

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

It only costs a few bucks
    My name is Bob

• jordi1337
    1409 posts Member

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

It only costs a few bucks

im not gonna waste them for one 1v1 ^^ if its that cheap why dont you buy it for me then? ;)
  • enigmatic1606
    326 posts Member
    edited May 29
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Well, like, you see...you COULD change to a, you know, ranged hero and, like, deal with the issue. But you love your glowstick too much and, like, Boba should be nerfed.

Change to Finn or Han, or Leia, or his hard counter, the rug, and shoot him down instead of requesting nerfs.
    The thing is though ... except for a Finn with Deadeye, it takes way more skill to kill a Boba with any of these compared to an easy Rocket Barrage Faceroll kill on Boba's behalf. Yeah, sure, Blasters counter Boba, but the player trying to counter needs to have more skill and aim than the Boba.

And even with Finn it highly depends on the map and whether the Boba is dumb enough to just fly around in the open all the time and things like that ... and even if all those things play in Finn's favor it's still 50/50 between Deadeye and Rocket Barrage ...

If Boba has a straight line of sight to you, you have a straight line of sight to him. Simple. If he can hit you, you can hit him.

Except he is way more mobile than any other hero and his For the Hunt makes him disappear from the radar, enabling him to easily suprise attack you, subsequently meaning he'll get the drop on you with his concussion missile + rocket barrage cheese and you're done for, without even really getting a chance to retaliate.

After another evening of HvV, i am now convinced they broke Boba. It's ridiculous. You can't shoot him out of the sky anymore, because he'll simply recover and fly on. He's one of the few heroes capable of disappearing from the map, something so valuable in HvV nowadays it's not even funny anymore, and on top he needs nothing more than his allmost-can't-miss rocket barrage to easily lay waste to entire teams. And in return you as a LS blaster hero need pinpoint accuracy (something he'll make even harder for you via concussive missile) and is sometimes practically impossible to pull off when he manages to stay right above you. It's unbelievable how stuff like thst continuously makes it through play-testing at DICE. As of now, i just leave whenever a Boba is in a game of HvV. Never before left a single game, not in my entire life of playing video games, but Boba annoyes me so much, i'll just won't put up with it anymore. Not even Anakin made me do that even before all those nerfs.
  • DarthLando
    1419 posts Member

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

...you want to see how he plays a completely different game & then maybe you’ll 1v1 him ?

Sounds like a dodge
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

...you want to see how he plays a completely different game & then maybe you’ll 1v1 him ?

Sounds like a dodge

Origin is like psn or Xbox live I believe
  • Isn't origin basically a launcher/store for EA games ?
  • bfloo
    15817 posts Member
    Isn't origin basically a launcher/store for EA games ?

It is basically the microsoft or ps store plus a gaming community

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11637 posts Member
    edited May 29
    DarthLando wrote: »

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

Sounds like a dodge

He meant add him on Origin which is the Platform for EA Games on PC. Like Steam etc. So he could que up after having him on his friends list. I play with Nomi. He's a GOOD player too. HVV especially.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• DarthLando
    1419 posts Member
    I stand corrected, I didn’t know
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited May 30

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

I didn't even buy my own version xD
    Post edited by NomiSunstrider on
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

so now that battlefront 2 will be free next month on pc are you still down to prove that leia is better than boba?? @NomiSunstrider
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

Can I join? That would be awsome.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

so now that battlefront 2 will be free next month on pc are you still down to prove that leia is better than boba?? @NomiSunstrider

I’d be down to it. Maybe @The_Rookie would come too?
  • He would really benefit from a rework if the devs got the chance. He should feel like master bounty hunter with a high skill curve, not an annoying gnat.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

I’d be down to it. Maybe @The_Rookie would come too?
    Probably.

21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

Boba poops on Leia unless hes played by a potato

Yes

Sure, get a PC and come.

i have a pc, mate ;)

Boba poops on Leia unless hes played by a potato

exactly. i offered him a 1v1 to prove that i roast every leia when im playing boba
  • Anyone saying Leia beats Boba in a 1v1 is either trolling or has a brain disorder
  • I never have problems with boba and rarely see him on top spot. Although I do main Han and iden so he's pretty easy to deal with
  • Anyone saying Leia beats Boba in a 1v1 is either trolling or has a brain disorder

@NomiSunstrider
    Anyone saying Leia beats Boba in a 1v1 is either trolling or has a brain disorder

@NomiSunstrider
    I’m pretty sure he knows what Boba does to Leia. But I know he would beat most good Bobas.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
    Anyone saying Leia beats Boba in a 1v1 is either trolling or has a brain disorder

@NomiSunstrider

What is it
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif