criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Boba is now villain #1 in HvV

124Next

Replies

• The_Rookie wrote: »
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    Anyone saying Leia beats Boba in a 1v1 is either trolling or has a brain disorder

@NomiSunstrider
    I’m pretty sure he knows what Boba does to Leia. But I know he would beat most good Bobas.

a good leia stands no chance against a good boba
  • BobaisBroken
    67 posts Member
    edited October 8
    I have to comment on this of course... but yes change the jetpack function! It’ll be fair then.

You know what never mind... I want Boba to be BUFFED! Muahaha! More health regen! Auto homing rockets! Instant kill flamethrower! For the hunt invulnerability! Auto aim headshots! Shoot through the walls! Fly PAST the top of the map barrier, even higher than than he can now! And then take it all away in the next patch like Yoda. Then nobody will complain again. AHAHAHAHAHHA
  • PC and Console have different control mechanics.

A keyboard and mouse are not the same as controller. There are different strengths and weaknesses. It is pointless and useless for PC and Consoles users to argue about character ranking and balance. They simply are not comparing apples to apples.
  • He needs a 2 second wait time before he gets to recover. Recover almost instantly

Won't he be on the ground in 2 seconds?

No. If I pull him with anakin & there's a fair bit of distance between us he recovers instantly & you're not able to kill him with even anakin. 2 seconds would allow luke & yoda & han to actually punish him instead of him recovering instantly. They're already going to adjust it so no biggie

Yeah, because of saber mashers crying 24/7. Blaster heroes shouldn't get dragged all the way across the map for easy spam kills with a lightsaber. Saber mashers have done nothing but ruin this game, going all the way back to the combat roll nerfs.

But they're super duper ComPeTiTIVe urururururuur. lol
    I'll just troll you if you act hard.
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    Anyone saying Leia beats Boba in a 1v1 is either trolling or has a brain disorder

@NomiSunstrider

What is it

still down for the 1v1?
  • PC and Console have different control mechanics.

A keyboard and mouse are not the same as controller. There are different strengths and weaknesses. It is pointless and useless for PC and Consoles users to argue about character ranking and balance. They simply are not comparing apples to apples.

i agree on that but in the case of boba he is still superior above leia no matter which platform
  • SWymsa
    953 posts Member
    This entire thing is pure salt, there are counters to him and of course players will use his abilities, you think they'll just stand there and let you win?

Get a grip.
    PC and Console have different control mechanics.

i agree on that but in the case of boba he is still superior above leia no matter which platform

How come, what will make him superior?
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

everything? maybe besides the blaster
  • NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 8

Rocket barrage? You do know Leia has Squad shield that blocks Rocket barrage.
    Jetpack? Leia can stay inside her Squad Shield for as long as she wants.
    And if try to outdamage her at range, well you will lose because first she has the better blaster, and second she has twice the health regen Boba has.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Rocket barrage? You do know Leia has Squad shield that blocks Rocket barrage.
    Jetpack? Leia can stay inside her Squad Shield for as long as she wants.
    And if try to outdamage her at range, well you will lose because first she has the better blaster, and second she has twice the health regen Boba has.

theoretically that makes sense but in reality it simply doesnt. you do know boba has a jetpack and can fly into the shield bubble and rocket barrage the ***** out of her then fly away and repeat or even finish her off with a few punches.. i mean i offered you a 1v1 twice but you know leia aint got a chance against boba
  • It’ll be interesting to see how his rocket barrage card changes will affect him in HvV.
  • Vulkan60
    30 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Am i missing something? Every time i've played or seen anyone play as Boba in HvV lately, he just gets stun locked by absolutely everyone. People playing him rarely get anywhere. Rockets dont seem to do much damage, concussion doesn't stun anyone and his weapon just gets blocked by most characters. Not to mention the fact that lightsabers can seemingly hit through space and time.
    Post edited by Vulkan60 on
  • TertiusRegent
    247 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Well, like, you see...you COULD change to a, you know, ranged hero and, like, deal with the issue. But you love your glowstick too much and, like, Boba should be nerfed.

Change to Finn or Han, or Leia, or his hard counter, the rug, and shoot him down instead of requesting nerfs.

I love when people say this! Then you ask how they do this when Boba’s as teammates begin shredding them, and you can actually hear the sound their drool dripping into all the empty Doritos bags stuck in their neckbeards.

By the way, that “glowstick”? Name one Star Wars movie poster, advertisement, etc. that doesn’t have one. You can’t. You know why? Because the lightsaber has been CENTRAL to Star Wars from “A New Hope” in 1977 up to today. That’s why the latest ads show Rey with the Skywalker lightsaber, and not clicky-clicky with a blaster.
  • Boba is not broken fellas. A good lando or han is such a pain for a good boba, especially if they use the terrain to their advantage and hide alot
  • Vulkan60 wrote: »
    Am i missing something? Every time i've played or seen anyone play as Boba in HvV lately, he just gets stun locked by absolutely everyone. People playing him rarely get anywhere. Rockets dont seem to do much damage, concussion doesn't stun anyone and his weapon just gets blocked by most characters. Not to mention the fact that lightsabers can seemingly hit through space and time.

Same. I've tried levelling Boba and I must be doing something wrong as he doesn't seem to achieve much. I spend half the match flying away from force users who can pluck me from the air from half the map away, and the rest firing rockets that seem to do bugger all damage. I guess when you get the high level cards something changes..?
  • Vulkan60 wrote: »

Same. I've tried levelling Boba and I must be doing something wrong as he doesn't seem to achieve much. I spend half the match flying away from force users who can pluck me from the air from half the map away, and the rest firing rockets that seem to do bugger all damage. I guess when you get the high level cards something changes..?

If you have not got intense barrage yet it is a game changer.
  • Boba is not broken fellas. A good lando or han is such a pain for a good boba, especially if they use the terrain to their advantage and hide alot

sure you can prove it to me by a 1v1. the best boba player in the world would be better than the best leia or any other hero in the world
  • Vulkan60
    30 posts Member
    edited October 11
    Vulkan60 wrote: »

If you have not got intense barrage yet it is a game changer.

Well, I've got it to the second level (only level 11 overall as Boba so far). He still doesn't seem to do much. You need to fly relatively near to the target in order to hit the rockets with any regularity, and if you do, you get hit by every single force ability known to man before getting finished off with a lightsaber. Does concussion rocket actually work on heroes? Because it doesn't seem to.

I know getting star cards for heroes is important and all, but am i really going to need to get every single rocket barrage one before i can actually play HvV with him properly?

For all the complaints saying he is great against blaster heroes... im not really sure the blaster heroes he's good against are that decent anyway. Chewbacca and Finn can blast him out of the sky incredibly easily.
    Post edited by Vulkan60 on
  • Sorry guys I'm late to this topic but boba has baffled me for a while.
    All hero's, no matter how OP they are perceived or how skilled the player is, are beatable. Just find the weakness and exploit it.

With boba though I really struggle to get anywhere near a decent boba player.

Any tips or advice would be welcome.
  • Sorry guys I'm late to this topic but boba has baffled me for a while.
    All hero's, no matter how OP they are perceived or how skilled the player is, are beatable. Just find the weakness and exploit it.

With boba though I really struggle to get anywhere near a decent boba player.

Any tips or advice would be welcome.

I've been playing Boba for a few days now, trying to get a handle on him.

I think it works like this for most Boba players of average skill:

If Boba is really helping his team, he can't just hang around out of reach and occasionally fire rockets. He has to at least follow the fight as it moves, and dive in closer to try and save his teammates if they're getting overwhelmed. Which means there will be opportunities to use pretty much any ability to down him as he's pretty fragile. I've even killed him in the air with Han's bomb.

If Boba is playing at saving his own skin, he won't ever come close enough to deal with, but he also probably won't do anything to change the course of the match. Just ignore him. If the map has the option, fight under cover where he's mostly useless. E.g. on the Death Star, go to the indoor section, not the main hangar.

For more skilled players one thing I noticed that does seem to work is baiting Boba with one teammate and then pulling him out of the sky with another. That's got me a few times - I'm busy trying to get a good aim on Obi Wan when he's in melee with my ally, and Anakin runs and jumps just close enough to fling me down with one of his abilities, and a second later I'm toast.
    4 matches in a row boba is placed first and one of them was me (i dont main him) he is literally unstoppable and it gets really annoying. there are still people that use him just to fly high in the air and blast rockets on you every now and then and if u try to kill them they just flee. you cant really get them out of the air (good boba players) and i think the mid air recovery shouldnt be so fast otherwise he is fine.

Someone complains about boba? wait hold up.. who can that be.. *enters the thread* oh of course, its a dude with anakin pfp, how could i be so foolish hahaha!
    Now to clarify things, my boba is level 1, i dont play ranged heroes at all and boba is completely not my style, i would probably end up being the worst teammate if i ever played boba so with that being said lets move on

Bobas can be so easily countered with any of your ranged hero and especially the 3 ragdoll 1 blockdoesntmatter guy aka anakin the chosen fool, that is if you have any brain cells.. so if you will ever use your brain you will most certainly counter boba. When i play on light side, he may be annoying indeed, you simply have to pressure him and spam your op ragdolls on him, or click his head. Its so funny how you complain about boba meanwhile we palpatine mains completely obliterate the light side, i die as palpy only when the entire team chases me. I dont think boba will be much of a problem if you encounter a palpatine main once once in your whole life.. you will the experience the full power of frustration and complete irritation

• Nerf on the way
  • Nexor wrote: »
    4 matches in a row boba is placed first and one of them was me (i dont main him) he is literally unstoppable and it gets really annoying. there are still people that use him just to fly high in the air and blast rockets on you every now and then and if u try to kill them they just flee. you cant really get them out of the air (good boba players) and i think the mid air recovery shouldnt be so fast otherwise he is fine.

Someone complains about boba? wait hold up.. who can that be.. *enters the thread* oh of course, its a dude with anakin pfp, how could i be so foolish hahaha!
    Now to clarify things, my boba is level 1, i dont play ranged heroes at all and boba is completely not my style, i would probably end up being the worst teammate if i ever played boba so with that being said lets move on

Bobas can be so easily countered with any of your ranged hero and especially the 3 ragdoll 1 blockdoesntmatter guy aka anakin the chosen fool, that is if you have any brain cells.. so if you will ever use your brain you will most certainly counter boba. When i play on light side, he may be annoying indeed, you simply have to pressure him and spam your op ragdolls on him, or click his head. Its so funny how you complain about boba meanwhile we palpatine mains completely obliterate the light side, i die as palpy only when the entire team chases me. I dont think boba will be much of a problem if you encounter a palpatine main once once in your whole life.. you will the experience the full power of frustration and complete irritation

haha funny man! anakin profil pictue haha