criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

A Strike rework concept that will make it the best mode in the game

this_old_mouse
1895 posts Member
edited May 27
I think we can all admit that Strike is possibly one of the least liked and played modes of this game. Its two game types get boring after just a couple rounds, and there are not a large amount of maps to keep it from getting stale after a long gaming session. I have come up with an idea that could solve everyone’s problems and bring some light to Star Wars’ real Heroes, the troopers. My big idea is to merge all of the small map trooper only modes from this game and the last game and add them to the Strike playlist. Here’s how it works: A set amount of separate gamemodes will all be playable on a set amount of maps. Each gamemode can appear on any map that could possibly support that gamemode. For example, Drop Zone would not be playable on Death Star, because it is in an enclosed area. Here is a list of the gamemodes and all the maps it could be played on:
Extraction
-Mos Eisley, Yavin 4, Kamino(maybe?), Takodana, Endor, Jakku, DS II, Bespin, Jabba’s Palace, and Kessel.
Drop Zone
-Mos Eisley, Yavin 4, Takodana, Endor, Kashyyyk, Jakku, Geonosis.
Droid Run
-Mos Eisley, Yavin 4, Kamino, Naboo - Throne room, Starkiller Base, Takodana, Endor, Kashyyyk, Jakku, DS II, Hoth, Crait, Bespin, Jabba’s Palace, Kessel.
Package Delivery(strike mode)
-Yavin 4, Kamino, Starkiller Base, Takodana, Endor, Jakku, DS II, Hoth, Bespin, Jabba’s Palace, Kessel, Naboo - Palace Hangar.
Plant the Bomb(strike mode)
-Mos Eisley, Kamino, Starkiller Base, Endor, Kashyyyk, Jakku, DS II, Hoth, Bespin.
Planet Supremacy(mini capital supremacy-two or three command posts)
-Kamino, Starkiller Base, Endor, Kashyyyk, Jakku, DS II, Hoth, Bespin, Geonosis.

This mode would have hundreds of map and mode combinations. If DICE is able to make each one of the gamemodes as fun and balanced to play as each other, I don’t think anyone would want to stop playing Strike. Please consider this idea as I have put a lot of thought into it. I truly think it will be successful. Thanks :)
PSN: this_old_mouse
Post edited by this_old_mouse on

Replies

• Unwarycoin
    6512 posts Member
    I don’t want extraction merged in, but the rest could work.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Versatti
    2199 posts Member
    Yup, could add a ‘shuffle playlist’ tile for the smaller modes and that’d do the trick.
  • JediJam
    415 posts Member
    Yep Ive mentioned something similar to this a few times. I feel that if there was a "play now" option that allowed you to cycle through small game mode lobbies it would help boost the population of those modes.

I'd personally enjoy the small modes more if there was an easy/fast way to play all the different modes going from strike to extraction to ewok hunt etc.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I don’t want extraction merged in, but the rest could work.
    I understand that many people want to just play a singular mode, but I think a playlist would be better because too many modes would spread out the already small player base. Maybe they could make it so you could search for a game of extraction within the playlist and back out every time a new mode appears?

• Now that this topic is a bit more relevant now, bump.
  • They’ve ruined Extraction. Great idea to merge them......not.
  • They’ve ruined Extraction. Great idea to merge them......not.
    If they would add all the maps and modes like I suggested it would be a great rotation. But allow us to search for specific modes inside of that rotation.