criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

HvV is not enjoyable anymore and here are some things why

In just a few patches this mode went from a very enjoyable mode to complete garbage.
These are some reasons why it got bad in my opinion:

- Since the new target system HvV is just mindless bashing and its very frustrating for the loosing team. With the old target system even a team with less skilled player had a change when they worked together. Now you ether loose or win 30-0. Please change it back.

- The Spawn system is still bad. It was the main reason why the old HvV was annoying sometimes, but now its even worse. Once the team is splitted the game is over.
If we had a change to gather it would help a alot.

-Blocking is often completely useless. Sadly I dont know what changed but now you just fly around, pushed and pulled around, full live in one second dead in the other. This was always a thing but now its extreme.Its not a connection problem on my side so far I can tell and I heard this from other people too. Back than I could keep up with two or even three enemys at once (depending on their skill ofc) but now I have struggle with one sometimes just because the block doesnt work when I need it.

There are probably more things, but please let me know your opinion on this. Am I right with this or just whiny?

Replies

• Enzyoo
    227 posts Member
    Block and dodge has been broken for quite a while now.

Just learn to play with it, most of us did.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Myowzercocerous
    2 posts Member
    edited May 29
    On the contrary, I find it much more enjoyable without the target system. One of my biggest pet peeves was consistently being chosen as the target when already down to half health and having 2 enemies right in front of me. That really used to chap my [Removed] lol.

I do agree that sometimes the spawn system works against you. If everyone who played HvV made an effort to link up as a team, I think a lot of your frustration would be remedied.

Removed profanity ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    On the contrary, I find it much more enjoyable without the target system. One of my biggest pet peeves was consistently being chosen as the target when already down to half health and having 2 enemies right in front of me. That really used to chap my **** lol.

I do agree that sometimes the spawn system works against you. If everyone who played HvV made an effort to link up as a team, I think a lot of your frustration would be remedied.

You got full health back once you became the target.

I've tried to regroup with my team in both versions of HvV, spawns are so bad it is almost impossible to not get picked off, which only got worse with the current radar.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• On the contrary, I find it much more enjoyable without the target system. One of my biggest pet peeves was consistently being chosen as the target

Yeah being chosen as target like 5 times in one game was realy annoying, but they could fix this buy just set a maximum amount times for this.
    What I mostly dont like with the new target system is that one bad teammate can change the game, your kd can be 15-0 but it wont help bc your mate has 10 deaths...
  • Daijooky
    60 posts Member
    They really need to change the radar to that of GA, so you only show as long as you're attacking. So, for example, saber heroes would 'disappear' whenever they turn the saber off(outside of combat of course). Doing this would help with getring back to your teammates after respawn.
    Also, they really need to institute some kind of lever/quitter penalty. So far out of ten matches, I've seen at least one to two afkers, every match, and a quitter pretty much 8 out of ten times. The moment a team is losing, and not even badly, somebody will quit. This usually signals the loss for whichever team has it happen to them. Quitters should face the same penalty I've seen in other games. One of the best ftp games places a 30 minute penalty for quitting matches. But for the sake of this game, and the community, I'd say make it a 10 minute penalty. So no online access for 10 minutes, campaign and arcade mode only.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Zinjo2017
    567 posts Member
    Team work still rules in this mode.
    The target system was never really properly explained so most didn't know how it worked anyway. This system is a straight up fight to the death.
    Team up or die.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017
    567 posts Member
    Or should I say Team up or Lose!
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    I enjoy it though it is not without its problems. The spawning being the biggest issue for me. The target system was not good for obvious reasons. They aren’t going back to it so i won’t dwell on that. One thing that would be cool is if you got bonus points or something for teamplay. Not that it would effect the overall score but if you are a team player you should have a better chance on the leader boards than some random dude running around getting kills.
  • Criticalofcrap
    40 posts Member
    edited June 10
    Spawn system ruined it with the target system. And the spawm system is doing the same thing now. It awful, especially on a level like geonosis, not to mention how terrible that level is for almost all modes. You can be running trying to get back to the action for a solid 2 minutes sometimes. And it literally destroys any sort of flow to the game and for many new players one by one they just run onto the onslaught. There is no good solution to HvV. Get momentum, stick together and pray if someone dies they don't get sent to the opposite corner of the map.
    Post edited by Criticalofcrap on
  • LexRage
    113 posts Member
    edited June 11
    HvV is not enjoyable
    I agree and I can summarize my point on view on that easily: stun-locks and crowd controls.
    When I launch videogame I intend to be able to play. Crowd Control are always a nightmare in every PvP game, especially when there's no counter measures ( passive resistance building up the more controls you suffer from, anti-control abilities...and so on).
    The addition of Anakin made the whole thing obnoxious as hell.

I don't want to play a ragdoll that gets caught from the other side of the planet just to be thrown away into a hole without any possibility of defending myself.
    The DS team Maul - Vader - Phasma - Ren is a nightmare for example.

I don't mind defeat and I'm ready to admit I lost, but I want to *play*.
    And for all people that would say "Don't 1v1", first I don't and second you don't always do what you want.
  • The radar has been changed with the latest patch, which is good.

Allowing the game to start with only 6 players (i.e. 3 a side) though, after having experienced it, might not be such a good move. Games I played post patch, I joined mid-match on the light side, and both games saw the dark side with a 5-10 elimination lead when I joined. This is because when I joined, I was player no. 8, so until I joined the dark side had period of a 1 player advantage, meaning they were a 25% stronger team just on numbers.

In a small mode like H v V, a 1 player advantage is a HUGE advantage, for any length of time. Experience has shown since the target system was removed, the team which often gets the lead in eliminations early will often win. Now with this number imbalance, this just solidifies this issue. Further when people join and see their team is behind, or after playing for a bit and seeing their team fall behind, they quit mid-match.

To me this is a change which may have sounded good in theory, but in practice isn't.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • If they do any updates to HvV they need to start doing something about Rey and Obi Wan mind tricks all other mind trick are blockable but their force powers aren't why
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    Starlet57 wrote: »
    If they do any updates to HvV they need to start doing something about Rey and Obi Wan mind tricks all other mind trick are blockable but their force powers aren't why

Obiwans just lasts too long imo but i like that they bypass block.