criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

One thing I literally HATE about this game.

Haylash
posts Member
edited May 28
Why would I, and many other players that are not veterans and are still "fresh" to this game play against actuall veteran players that mastered every possible character and class. They know every piece of any map and know how to deal with you. They own every game and makes me really frustrated when they kill u like in a second. Kinda bullying. Ik it's not, but it just looks like this.
Can't we just fix match making to match new players into some balanced teams for them? And let the veterans play with more experienced players?
I don't like when every game is just a fight between few players.

Replies

• Haylash wrote: »
    Why would I, and many other players that are not veterans and are still "fresh" to this game play against actuall veteran players that mastered every possible character and class. They know every piece of any map and know how to deal with you. They own every game and makes me really frustrated when they kill u like in a second. Kinda bullying. Ik it's not, but it just looks like this.
    Can't we just fix match making to match new players into some balanced teams for them? And let the veterans play with more experienced players?

So like, from beginner matches to experienced ones? If so I think that'd be awesome.
  • Revan72
    386 posts Member
    Haylash wrote: »

As much as I agree that it would help new players, I don't think that Battlefront 2 has enough players for ranked matchmaking. I'm a veteran, I've been playing since the game first came out, so I hit the ground running. But I do know what's it's like to have other players just completely own me. Like you said, it can feel like bullying, but like you said afterwards, it's not. Unless they are toxic and emote you afterwards.

My advice would be, just keep playing. The only way to get better at the game is to play. And maybe try to learn from veteran players, see how they play and try to copy them.

kouoqiemdmbi.gif
  • Enzyoo
    227 posts Member
    That's what usually happens when a game is out for a while.

BF2 isn't noob friendly, it never was.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Haylash wrote: »

Problem isn't facing Veteran players. Playing against players better then you is one of the many ways you learn and get to get better yourself. Even simply by watching them or watching there moves or how they play can be a means of learning. The problem is the development team itself. 2 years the game has been out now. The beginning it had issues. Then it got better for a while seamed balanced in fact. Then comes the july / august update of 2018. That update brought major game breaking changes. Changing the game in favor of non hero characters / Blaster based heros. Non heros became better then hero characters. Stamina became limited. Blocking was changed in the POV of what the Dev team sees as balanced. But yet the changes broke the game making it far from what the movies portrayed. When in fact the movies portrayed the exact opposite of what the dev teams have done.
  • Heroes vs villains is the worst for this. It is no fun to totally get stomped. I had a hard time getting started.

Starfighter Assault is very punishing and frustrating for fresh players like me... I'm the kind of person that assumes this as a part of "getting good" and only after coming out of this process sucefully I feel pride and accomplishment (like yesterday seeing my name on final score screen - 5th place 😋).
  • hosco33
    263 posts Member
    Enzyoo wrote: »
    That's what usually happens when a game is out for a while.

BF2 isn't noob friendly, it never was.

Totally agree. You will learn the huge amount of time it takes to have more powerful weapons, then weapons' devices that reduce fire dispersion and improve cooling, and to get star cards that make your characters more powerful than... than people just starting to play the game :D . Totally nonsensical from competitive perspective, but such design helped initial attempts to sell those things to new players.
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    I think the offline modes and custom matches would be better than ranked matchmaking just because i don’t think the player base is large enough with all the different game modes. Just my opinion.
  • Been hear since day one. Even some of us veteran players say the same thing. There are some battlefront god's playing. Like everyone thinks it's easy getting 89 to 140 kills per match. I don't think so. I prefer they do a average kill per game and put them god's in their own play list.
  • There isn't too much players for this. On PC at least, i always play with the same players already
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    Haylash wrote: »

That is the cost of starting a game late.

If I had to pick one thing I really hate about this game, it is cross era heroes in GA and SA.
    My fun is in the immersion, which cross era just kills for me every time.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• hosco33
    263 posts Member
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Been hear since day one. Even some of us veteran players say the same thing. There are some battlefront god's playing. Like everyone thinks it's easy getting 89 to 140 kills per match. I don't think so. I prefer they do a average kill per game and put them god's in their own play list.

Don't you think they could be cheaters?, I have seen how suspiciously confident they are glitches are going to favour them?, as if they knew neither a vanguard head-shot will kill them
  • hosco33 wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Been hear since day one. Even some of us veteran players say the same thing. There are some battlefront god's playing. Like everyone thinks it's easy getting 89 to 140 kills per match. I don't think so. I prefer they do a average kill per game and put them god's in their own play list.

Don't you think they could be cheaters?, I have seen how suspiciously confident they are glitches are going to favour them?, as if they knew neither a vanguard head-shot will kill them

In the history of EA battlefront games I have only ran into about 5 cheaters.

1.eabf1 I recorded this on my Xbox. The guy was unkillable. Everyone reported him.
    2.sane guy again. And then never saw him again.
    3.eabf2 people shooting through walls.
    4. People glitching or telaporting from in front of me to behind me.
    5. Xbox hack aim bot. Very obvious. This happen a few days ago. But of course people say its impossible to hack Xbox and PlayStation. But what does my son and his friends know since that's what they like to do for fun. If it's made by man it can be broke by a smarter one. That's their motto. Hacking the unhackable.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    For 3, depending on what they were using, it might be working as intended™
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png