criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Really another Nerf on Anakin?

Y is Anakin getting another nerf he doesn’t need it he is the only reason the light side can hold its own and even then he isn’t hard to beat. Yet your going to buff Darth Vader like wtf? Do you guys play your games? Do not nerf him unless you want the dark side to have even more advantage! If you must focus on game modes on how the the hero’s perform because it’s situational!

Replies

• Cant disagree about Anakin anymore. If at all he needs a further nerf. This really is a noob character. Pressing one Button to clear out entire rooms and thereby getting an entire health refill. Its just ridicoulous.

I have seen Anakin ruin more games then Palpatine ever did - and he was taken out of the game entirely. And no - he is not manageable - only on some maps. E.g. By using retribution and heroic might Juggernauts on Kashyyyk have become even more harder and Naboo entrance and throne room are almost always ruined by anakin. He is manageable only on open maps.

His Retribution should be taken away entirely, pull should be halfed in range and heoric might not fill up his health pool. Then he is balanced. He still does tremendous damage with his light saber.

And I play this game since DAY 1 with all iterations of the game up until now.
  • EA doesn’t know what to do with Anakin. He is just a poorly designed character. I still cannot recall a game, that a single character release caused as many problems.

In game modes with troopers, he is still garbage. In the right hands, certainly not mine, choke points are damn near impenetrable. The player got Anakin in the first five minutes and racked up 130 kills, before completely locking down one of the juggernaut tanks. His omnidirectional abilities are just game breaking in these modes.

In HvV, he has gotten much more manageable. Especially with the new game format, you can basically just ignore him. His retribution is still a death sentence for every villain in the game. It holds them in place to be tag teamed by every other hero, on top of the damage it already does. The easiest tell he is garbage, I haven’t played a single HvV game since Anakin’s release that someone didn’t select him. I cannot say that about any other character.
  • Andrien
    199 posts Member
    edited June 4
    @GarthRevan

They can't balance him because of the game design, so he doesn't need anymore nerfs. By design, I mean the two different modes of gameplay, HvV and GA. If he gets nerfed too hard, he'll be poor at HvV. Give him too many buffs, and he'll destroy GA. I don't think there's a middle of the road for him. He's the chosen one.

Besides that, I don't think he's anymore OP'd than Vader or Grievous. I can kill Anakin pretty easy on Vader or Grievous and both of those toons do very well in GA. You don't see anyone asking to nerf the hell outta them.

The only other solution for GA would be to buff troopers, but that's not going to happen. Every recent patch has been about hero changes.
  • GarthRevan
    123 posts Member
    edited June 4
    There is a very big difference: No other hero or villain can just jump into a room and kill all regulars with a single key press and take half of all villains health at the same time.

Oh wait ... it works 360 degress - means almost no skill required....
    Oh wait ... he has a 90% damage reduction doing so ....
    Oh wait ... the process is so , that it is refilling all his health, as all the kills refill him like crazy.
    Oh wait ... he can do it two times in a row .. .
    Oh wait ... he can also pull anyone who escaped doing damage again ... and freezing that opponent again.... and do tremendous damage with the ls.

(and not to forget his huge health pool etc)

Anakin is broken beyond fixing.

• Dude you just must not be good at the game at all or you would know any villain has a pretty solid chance to win
  • SYchael
    100 posts Member
    Andrien wrote: »
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. EA needs to stop pandering the wimps and the whiners. Anakin was already manageable on release with coordination and teamwork. Did he need some tweaking? Yes, but not to the point where you overdo it.

EA is historically bad at balancing games. They never balanced Dark Age of Camelot right, then Broadsword took over and it's even worse. They can't balance SWBF II right and they can't balance Battlefield V.

Moreover, Iden's Droid Battery doesn't need a nerf either. Her shock was already nerfed. She's fine the way she is. Players have stated they rely on that droid battery to survive. It's also attached to her health regen star card, so nerfing it is going to nerf her into the abyss of no return. If you're going to nerf droid batteries, give Iden a 100 health on kill star card like the other Heroes.

Battlefront 2 should be more focused on content than and accuracy to the franchise than game balancing. As long as it doesn't have errors, battles aren't always balanced.
  • Andrien
    199 posts Member
    edited June 4
    I think a lot of the negative feedback complaints regarding Anakin are in regard to GA. How long does it take Anakin to kill you on a trooper? Less than 1 second. How long does it take General Grievous or Darth Maul to kill you on a trooper? Less than one second. Nerfing Anakin into oblivion isn't going to fix that.
  • How long does it take Anakin to kill 10 troopers and 2 villains ... less than a second...
    How long does it take General Grievous or Darth Maul to kill 10 Troppers and 2 Villains.... ... .... ....
  • vonVile
    402 posts Member
    edited June 4
    Anakin is easy to balance. DICE just doesn't want to do it.
    • Nerf his damage output. Anakin being able to OHK Enforcers with Retribution is ***** and the max should be 225. That's enough for Anakin to finish the job with 1 extra lightsaber strike.
    • Lightsabers and Vibroblades should cancel Anakin out of Heroic Might. This will force Anakin players to use Heroic Might in bursts instead of one huge OP explosion.
    • Nerf Anakin's Heroic Might damage reducer from 90% to 60-65%. There's no reason to attack Anakin right now, because players know they have no chance in hell of killing him.
    • Nerf Anakin's Force ability range to 15 meters. This will stop Anakin from dominating choke points.

@F8RGE
  • Andrien
    199 posts Member
    @GarthRevan
    How long does it take Anakin to kill 10 troopers and 2 villains ... less than a second...
    How long does it take General Grievous or Darth Maul to kill 10 Troppers and 2 Villains.... ... .... ....

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
  • Andrien
    199 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Easiest solution would be to have an infantry only 'boots on the ground' game mode as other players have suggested. People who don't care about Anakin the way he is can play GA with Heroes and people that QQ can play infantry only.

It's very hard to balance a game with both Heroes and Troopers. Heroes are made for long killstreaks by design yet people whine that Anakin is so OP'd when he could be dealt with from the start.

Killzone 2 was probably the most balanced fps game to date. There were no heroes and you could mix and match abilities, and pickup weapons so no one class was overpowered.
  • Andrien
    199 posts Member
    @vonVile

I would suggest putting this in the Focused Feedback thread so devs can take a look at it.
  • hello everyone i have been a star wars fan since 5 years old and i have been playing star wars bf2 since the beta and i honestly think that anakin is right now pretty good the way he is and doesnt need another nerf we just need more weapons on all classes even the reinforcements.So to close my opinion i think anakin should be op unlike the rest heroes and villains first cause he is op and second those who are screaming that he is too much to handle they should put explosive shot to their guns and try again or try detonate charges and mines all of these things do the job damn good for now and i say that from my point of view.thank you everyone for spending your time reading this .see you on the frontlines :)
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member
    wolfien027 wrote: »
    hello everyone i have been a star wars fan since 5 years old and i have been playing star wars bf2 since the beta and i honestly think that anakin is right now pretty good the way he is and doesnt need another nerf we just need more weapons on all classes even the reinforcements.So to close my opinion i think anakin should be op unlike the rest heroes and villains first cause he is op and second those who are screaming that he is too much to handle they should put explosive shot to their guns and try again or try detonate charges and mines all of these things do the job damn good for now and i say that from my point of view.thank you everyone for spending your time reading this .see you on the frontlines :)

So ani should be op without any regard to game balance?

kho7ozhoq2cx.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Well a picture says more than a 1000 words (this video is not be me).... and that "nerf a little" didnt change this. Since Anakins arrival this is a typical situation and I have seen Anakins that killed many more. The game has become senseless with Anakin beeing around. Look how Palp and Grievous are melted. Really Anakin needs to be taken out entirely. Look at the player in the vid. He doesnt even care being hit - because he doesnt have to.

My ideas for now:
    - no health regen for heroic might, best only regen when using his rage strike ability
    - remove retribution all together
    - pull should not cause a freeze and should be heavily reduced in range
    - pull / heroic might shouldn't be able to be used in a row - its just too much
    - heroic might should not have a 360 degress angle you should be required to at least aim a bit even if it is just a vague direction, give him 180 degrees but a 360 degrees protection - still very strong

• GarthRevan
    123 posts Member
    edited June 5
    The nerf of the "Giants Above Kachirho Update" didnt change anything in quality... only a very little quantity. This is the BF2 world since the arrive of Anakin.. "PRESS F (OR R) TO WIN"

Video couldnt be embedded so this is the bitly link: https://bit.ly/2Wsb8vC

• JediMasterBaiter
    21 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Your dumb but I would like to play a game with you to see if your just really bad or insightful because everything your saying seems very short sighted poorly thought about and the cherry on top you fail to realize what that would mean for hero’s as a whole in HvV.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    hello everyone i have been a star wars fan since 5 years old and i have been playing star wars bf2 since the beta and i honestly think that anakin is right now pretty good the way he is and doesnt need another nerf we just need more weapons on all classes even the reinforcements.So to close my opinion i think anakin should be op unlike the rest heroes and villains first cause he is op and second those who are screaming that he is too much to handle they should put explosive shot to their guns and try again or try detonate charges and mines all of these things do the job damn good for now and i say that from my point of view.thank you everyone for spending your time reading this .see you on the frontlines :)

kho7ozhoq2cx.png
    bfloo wrote: »

kho7ozhoq2cx.png

i am just saying that the nerf so far is good enough because he can actually go on full offence and kill or be killed.After all he was supposed to carry the game for the good guys as a tank /dps wich the good guys didnt have any
  • GarthRevan wrote: »
    Well a picture says more than a 1000 words (this video is not be me).... and that "nerf a little" didnt change this. Since Anakins arrival this is a typical situation and I have seen Anakins that killed many more. The game has become senseless with Anakin beeing around. Look how Palp and Grievous are melted. Really Anakin needs to be taken out entirely. Look at the player in the vid. He doesnt even care being hit - because he doesnt have to.

My ideas for now:
    - no health regen for heroic might, best only regen when using his rage strike ability
    - heroic might should not have a 360 degress angle you should be required to at least aim a bit even if it is just a vague direction, give him 180 degrees but a 360 degrees protection - still very strong

i believe this video is when he came out.true back then he was broken.you know who else was broken ? palpatin he didnt even have to go in a room to kill you
  • Batman20
    2117 posts Member
    He is still to strong though in GA and and CS he might be OK now in HvV but he still absolutely dominates CS. If they could just fix his heroic might somehow then he'd be fine. And don't reply to me about not shooting at him this game is full of ***** who will continue to shoot at him and get everyone else killed
  • Y is Anakin getting another nerf he doesn’t need it he is the only reason the light side can hold its own and even then he isn’t hard to beat. Yet your going to buff Darth Vader like wtf? Do you guys play your games? Do not nerf him unless you want the dark side to have even more advantage! If you must focus on game modes on how the the hero’s perform because it’s situational!

YAAAAYYY!!! Enough of the one man gang nonsense!!! Anakin should be a tough as Vader and as fast as Luke with only 3 force powers. That will bring balance back to his game....
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • GarthRevan wrote: »
    Well a picture says more than a 1000 words (this video is not be me).... and that "nerf a little" didnt change this. Since Anakins arrival this is a typical situation and I have seen Anakins that killed many more. The game has become senseless with Anakin beeing around. Look how Palp and Grievous are melted. Really Anakin needs to be taken out entirely. Look at the player in the vid. He doesnt even care being hit - because he doesnt have to.

My ideas for now:
    Anny "the one man gang" can chain attack you with force powers and with one swing of his sabre take you out. A dare anyone to convince me that is balanced...

5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • So let me get this straight addressing guy with video first that’s the video from March when he was first released since then he has been nerfed 3 times. 2 I wreck anakin with Phasma Iden kylo boba bosk and Vader and grievous does that mean they are stronger or does that just mean I’m a better player? Don’t cry because someone wrecks you when your not good the hard truth is right here right now on June 6th for the first time the teams are even both sides have an even chance of winning. If anyone else wants to cry play HvV with me show me how you play and if your just terrible I’ll let you know but I won’t be a ***** about it. If your better than me then I’ll whole heartily hear your reasoning my Gm is L0VE LESSS on xb
  • GarthRevan
    123 posts Member
    edited June 7
    The truth is: When I have a play day I score place No 1 several times, often in a row And yes I can kill NOOB-Anakins (aka Ani Noobwalkers aka Noobikans). My most kills in GA are 97 - without vehicles, so don't insult me.

The problem is that good Anakin players are almost invincible and they ruin entire games as no one will kill them and if they take some damage they heal up to quickly. And if I played him regular I'd bet you had a hard time against me. But I refuse to play this op "thing"... other than in CS, when Yoda is picked AND my team is loosing so I need a hero in that moment.

Also I wrote that I know that Anakin has been nerfed but it really didnt change anything in quality, only in quantity. Anakin still ruins entire games and I am fed up by it.

"Press play on tape"* ...ermm i meant .... Press "F" to win ....

* someone remembers that, lol
  • vonVile
    402 posts Member
    GarthRevan wrote: »

My ideas for now:

i believe this video is when he came out.true back then he was broken.you know who else was broken ? palpatin he didnt even have to go in a room to kill you

I think Anakin is able to use Heroic Might through the wall at the palace on Theed. He can get into a corner in the hallway at the entrance and kill opponents at the left and right entrances.
  • That video was dated May in the beginning it was when he first came out.
  • Your dumb but I would like to play a game with you to see if your just really bad or insightful because everything your saying seems very short sighted poorly thought about and the cherry on top you fail to realize what that would mean for hero’s as a whole in HvV.

Nerfing Anakin shouldn't mean it affects the whole light side in HvV.