criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

How long is EA going to ignore fact that this game is facing lag/stuttering, crash to Win problems?

Makir1000
57 posts Member
edited May 30
I and many others paid for this game. The game worked fine in the beginning but after some updates game started to lag, stutter in gameplay to the point it is not playable! For me personally, it all started with Geonosis update which got fixed at some point but started again with Capital Supremecy.

This means when you move your mouse every movement lags, you can't play you can't aim, you get killed. The whole thing got worse as game randomly freezes and crashes to Windows. And lag and stuttering problems are no common just to PC but to gaming consoles as well! So it is the game not PC hardware or drivers, but the game itself. I even recently bought a new GPU and added more RAM the problem is still there despite better-looking graphics.

What it takes for EA to recognize their game is BROKEN! We demand an update that will fix this Asap! This should be the number one priority before any new content!

Please EA fix this game lag/stuttering problems! And test new updates for any bugs. : (

I will seriously not buy any more of your games, and I am sure there are more that feel the same way. And I bought a few, every time I faced the same poor quality bugs in all shooter games.

FIX the game!

For those facing this problems please like this post, leave a comment to keep it on top so EA can see this is a thing. Since this is the only way for them to see and react.

Replies

• Chico
    415 posts Member
    So it isn't just xbox then? Out of interest, what is your server and ping?
  • I haven’t been having any issues on Xbox. It could have to do with your location or your connection itself. I’m in the eastern US in a more heavily populated area so I don’t usually have connection issues and if I do experience lag, it’ll be at the very beginning of a match (like when you first spawn in) and after 30 seconds or so, it’ll be fine. If you’re on PC, hard-wiring could help with connection issues but it could well be the equipment you’re using too, whether it be your processor, if your drivers are updated for compatibility with 1903 since that update has already been buggy (or if you’re still on 1809 or 1803 that could be an issue too) your internet service provider, lots of variables to account for with PC.
  • Chico
    415 posts Member
    Yeah, it seems like the US East server is the one that has the least problems from other forum comments I have seen. The European server for xbox, on the other hand, is full of latency and lag related issues. To the extent that the game can be unplayable.
  • Makir1000
    57 posts Member
    edited May 31
    I have no problem with the connection on my end. I am in Croatia, can't really choose server and some time game connects me to US servers if there aren't any matches on EU servers.

Game is lagging in performance stuttering. My Quad CPU is at 100%. When the game was released this wasn't a problem it was maybe on 80-90. The first game runs smooth sam as other new games. I know my CPU is old but this game worked with no problems in the beginning. Now it is unplayable.

Lately, the game just freezes and crashes to Windows in the middle of the match, and that never happened before. This is all frustrating as I can't play the game.

• See battlefront 2015.
  • My game play is definitely dependent on lag. No noticeable lag and I feel like a super hero. Lag creeps up and nothing goes right.
  • Debot
    216 posts Member
    My game play is definitely dependent on lag. No noticeable lag and I feel like a super hero. Lag creeps up and nothing goes right.

Well said. I'm on Xbox and that disparity might be the kicker for me. To play one match and fair relatively well and have another where my movement and aim are off, stuttering. It's damn frustrating
  • Ok, I might have found a fix for stuttering on PC, after months!

I deleted the folder SWB2 folder in documents. I lost all-star cards that I selected and had to set them again, but the game works fine now NO stuttering! Maybe too many trash has accumulated in those folders, IDK?

I also reset all display settings and switched it from full screen to borderless. So that might be it as well.

So my only problem now is game crashes to Windows! :( Not sure why?
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    Makir1000 wrote: »
    I and many others paid for this game. The game worked fine in the beginning but after some updates game started to lag, stutter in gameplay to the point it is not playable! For me personally, it all started with Geonosis update which got fixed at some point but started again with Capital Supremecy.

This means when you move your mouse every movement lags, you can't play you can't aim, you get killed. The whole thing got worse as game randomly freezes and crashes to Windows. And lag and stuttering problems are no common just to PC but to gaming consoles as well! So it is the game not PC hardware or drivers, but the game itself. I even recently bought a new GPU and added more RAM the problem is still there despite better-looking graphics.

What it takes for EA to recognize their game is BROKEN! We demand an update that will fix this Asap! This should be the number one priority before any new content!

Please EA fix this game lag/stuttering problems! And test new updates for any bugs. : (

I will seriously not buy any more of your games, and I am sure there are more that feel the same way. And I bought a few, every time I faced the same poor quality bugs in all shooter games.

FIX the game!

For those facing this problems please like this post, leave a comment to keep it on top so EA can see this is a thing. Since this is the only way for them to see and react.

Its known that the game runs differently depending on the server you are connected; Ive experienced this on the Battlefield series, some servers make your game run better -no lag, no stuttering, smooth gameplay in general- and others dont, but in Battlefield there are plenty of private servers that can, efectively, affect the gameplay experience due to the hardware and network configuration that some have (sometimes some are slightly better than other in these matters). I suppose that the same happens to Battlefron unless this game has not provate servers, but maybe there is some little differences among them, apart from the latency you have depending on the distance from your location to the server you are playing.

Having all this in mind, I must ask you:

what cpu is your pc running?
    What gpu? (brand, model, driver installed)
    Where is your city and which server you have selected in options as your default game node?
    What Windows version do you have installed on your PC? If its Win 10, what build of win 10 is it?
    Where in your PC do you have the game installed? (HD, SSD, system partition, extended partition/aditional drive)
    Do you have some tweaks made to your GPU settings or your CPU settings? (like some overcloking)
    Do you have default driver settings for the game or tweaked settings? Are these made on the driver itself by its own Control Panel or do you have some app to bypass the CP?
    Are the video/graphic setting on your game set to default? What are they?

PS: Ive experienced about 4 crashes to desktop since the last update, when normally the game had been running perfect and smooth so far. Devs said in the patchnotes that they have 'made some tweaks to memory usage' to improve the game performance and shorten the loading time on start. Maybe this is the cause, who knows.

• Been screaming this for awhile. The game launched a little off, but then after the 2nd patch it was pretty dead on. You had your occasional netcode "Corner/Cover Deaths"... which... I've played enough shooters to let that pass.

However, after the progression update... ugh the netcode & hit reg became so awful. I keep hearing from SWBF2 fervent defenders:
    "It's not THAT bad"

I know I'm not the only one across all platforms, but the Thermal Detonator & Imploder 5 step death is the biggest red flag. When you run from theExplosive, get decent distance, hear the explosion, get more steps, and then 2+ seconds later you die. It's so infuriating and feels the game just keeps getting worse.

I've been on the side of Fix The Game First after the SOLO: Season Updates. However, the overwhelming majority of the community just wants them to keep adding content instead of fixing the game.
  • EA and Dice don't give a ***** about this game. Almost 2 years in and this game is absolute garbage still.
  • Chem0
    159 posts Member
    I had some stuttering long time ago and didn't quite figure out what was causing it. Since my CPU is bit older but still kicks enough punch for this game and should be fine, my friend suggested to monitor CPU temps and see if that was the issue. He also suggested to disable thermal throttling from the CPU ( lowers clock if certain temperature is reached) and to clean CPU and heatsink more often for them running cooler.

That solved my stuttering problem.
    For the crashes on Windows, can't say since I had only one crash to desktop in months.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Makir1000 wrote: »

Having all this in mind, I must ask you:

what cpu is your pc running?
    What gpu? (brand, model, driver installed)
    Where is your city and which server you have selected in options as your default game node?
    What Windows version do you have installed on your PC? If its Win 10, what build of win 10 is it?
    Where in your PC do you have the game installed? (HD, SSD, system partition, extended partition/aditional drive)
    Do you have some tweaks made to your GPU settings or your CPU settings? (like some overcloking)
    Do you have default driver settings for the game or tweaked settings? Are these made on the driver itself by its own Control Panel or do you have some app to bypass the CP?
    Are the video/graphic setting on your game set to default? What are they?

PS: Ive experienced about 4 crashes to desktop since the last update, when normally the game had been running perfect and smooth so far. Devs said in the patchnotes that they have 'made some tweaks to memory usage' to improve the game performance and shorten the loading time on start. Maybe this is the cause, who knows.

Before you say CPU is the problem, have in mind this game worked normally when it launched.

CPU: AMD Phenom x4 965 -has mounted big cooler
    GPU: ATI (MSI) RX 570 8GB RAM, -driver is latest 19.5.1
    RAM: 12 GB - starting left from cpu; x2 4GB, x2 2GB
    I didn't know I can select a server? The game picks a match randomly.
    I am in Zagreb/Croatia we have good internet connection: D 65, U 9 Mbps
    HDD
    NO
    Automatic (Ultra)
  • DarthLando
    1263 posts Member
    Perks of playing on the master race PC
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • jonci
    1089 posts Member
    How long they gonna ignore was the question, well its been like it since release, and no effort to fix so take a guess.
  • The server-sided latency and the character hitbox alongside the damage packaging is quite horrible, if on top the player has unstable internet or a bad connection it makes the game nigh unplayable.

I've seen other people complain that an opponent is able to attack through their block or their own engagement is going poorly that enemies are able to even block certain attacks from behind on occasion. The hacking / saber stun tactic does work every so often, I recently used Luke and did a repulse, then a force push when my opponent simply kept hacking and it ignored it.

Really disheartens and ticks me off also.
  • I haven’t been having any issues on Xbox. It could have to do with your location or your connection itself. I’m in the eastern US in a more heavily populated area so I don’t usually have connection issues and if I do experience lag, it’ll be at the very beginning of a match (like when you first spawn in) and after 30 seconds or so, it’ll be fine. If you’re on PC, hard-wiring could help with connection issues but it could well be the equipment you’re using too, whether it be your processor, if your drivers are updated for compatibility with 1903 since that update has already been buggy (or if you’re still on 1809 or 1803 that could be an issue too) your internet service provider, lots of variables to account for with PC.

Surely that isn't true about no aim drift on Xbox. I've never heard of anyone on Xbox not admit to severe aim drift in endor at the last phase and crait at the last phase. They are both notorious maps for aim drift and EVERY single person on Xbox has said so.

It's not connection issue on the end of the user by the way. Never has been. I have 15ms to the closest server and a wired connection and still always get the issue.
  • It's horrible.
    I'd rather them shut the game down for a month and fix it, rather than give us more content that's useless if the game is broken
  • The game initially worked? Then you weren't playing this game I suppose. The only thing different back then is that we didn't know the game yet, and so we were still oblivious to most of this game's issues. Here is a good video showing how bad this game already was back in 2017:

BTW, I loved the Crash to Win in the title. It seems fairer then Pay to Win :D

giphy.gif
    BUGs? No, never heard of
  • 99% chance that there is nothing wrong with the game but your hardware
  • 99% chance that there is nothing wrong with the game but your hardware

99% chance you're wrong. Search the forums for Xbox aim drift, or Xbox lag. Once you've done that, do you actually think it's still his hardware? Don't bother replying unless you search it.
  • i won't bother because OP has a PC
  • i won't bother because OP has a PC

He mentioned consoles as well and stated all the exact same ways the Xbox regressed into this laggy state. But sure, just comment about how it's 99% his hardware if you like. Just know that the 1% chance it's EA servers fault is actually 100% reality.
  • DICE deleted our countries server, so yes now I always have lag playing on the EU server due to high latency. This why I will never buy a game from EA\DICE ever again. They have shown me they just don't care about the players.