criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Lighter HUD

Totommm
18 posts Member
edited August 13
The graphics of this game are awesome.
Sometimes when I play arcade, I remove the HUD. It's a completely different game, the immersion is great.
It's a bit difficult to play because there's no reticle ... and a "dot mode" would be nice.

But anyway, here is my real point:
I keep HUD in multiplayer to not be disadvantaged, but my feeling is that there's too much information, and it's generally too big.
I already removed kill report, kill points... but it's not enough.

- In Capital Supremacy, command post letters are too big (an objectives in general). Maybe it could be on screen borders? I'd prefer to have them on the minimap .. less convenient but more immersive.
- Do we really need to see name and remaining life when we aim at someone?
- It would be more challenging to not have the highlight when aiming at someone ... or maybe a discrete red border.
- Is it necessary to have a blue icon on top of team mates? (if mainly helps to differenciate officers)
- Does anyone consults the squad names beside the map?
- The objective progression (header) can be smaller.
- I often get killed when I win a level. The notification in the middle of the screen is glorious but sometimes disturbing.
- Why is there a sentence in the middle of the screen when I frag someone? A specific reticle blinking would be enough, and if I want to know who I've humiliated :smile: , I can read the kill report on the side.

Just examples to illustrate my point. I don't want more HUD parameters if it becomes a disadvantage. I would like a lighter HUD in general and would prefer a more advanced minimap (EDIT: I changed my mind: I'm a better player now, I'm ok to be disadvantaged with a lighter HUD or a filtered one : more realistic + more challenging). Am I the only one? :smile:
Post edited by Totommm on

Replies

• bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    I don't really care about the hud, but everything flashing across the screen blocking your view mid shootout is annoying.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Totommm
    18 posts Member
    Indeed everything on the middle is the most annoying.

Just a precision, my display is 1080. I watched 2K streamings, it seems less disturbing.
  • I totally agree. I posted about it a while ago. I want reticle to be unchanged when reducing the HUD scale. That’s my only problem. I would make the hud scale to 0% and reticle to be max(if we could change it )
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I don't really care about the hud, but everything flashing across the screen blocking your view mid shootout is annoying.

Yea this flash grenade is the worst addition to game. It’s so annoying all the time .
  • Totommm
    18 posts Member
    Darthside wrote: »
    I want reticle to be unchanged when reducing the HUD scale

It's possible to change the HUD scale?
    On PC, I don't find the setting.

Anyway, not a lot of enthousiasm about my/our proposal. I suppose it's not a priority ... or most of players never tried the "No-HUD" mode. If you read this post, you should try - the game is like the trailers, and you realize that you're watching overlaid things too much when playing normally.
    For instance, something moves, you aim at it, it's red, then fire. With no HUD, you try to recognize the target ... much more interesting to me.

• Totommm
    18 posts Member
    edited June 10
    Me again :) I've just understood why I couldn't reduce the HUD scale.

My screen is 1080p. With a 1440p, new parameters appear in Display settings ... and one allows to modify the HUD scale.
    Why this is not available in 1080p? bug? Dice may think that only 2k/4k players need to adjust the HUD size :smile:

To check that, I had to create a fake custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel.
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Darthside wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Yea this flash grenade is the worst addition to game. It’s so annoying all the time .

I mean kill notifications, assist confirmations, leveling up is especially bad.

The Flash Nade is a different debate.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• vonVile
    306 posts Member
    I would like the objective icons to be semi-trasparent. With them being so huge they block showing anything behind them.
  • I agree to a point. Things like the level up notifications are mental. You’re trying to take down a couple of guys you just ran around a corner into, get the first one - and you are blinded by this notification that you just went up a level. Bang. You’re dead because you can’t see the other dude.
  • I've just watched a youtuber video with no HUD:

(I don't know the guy, don't personally care about the subject, please don't blame me for the choice, it's just an example to illustrate)

It made me think to this old post, and I also played an arcade game with no HUD.
    I repeat myself but player/objective labels and icons break the immersion, the game is so realistic with no HUD ... but also too difficult ... I don't have a gamer display that allows to add an overlaid crosshair.

There is a HUD mode to have a crosshair only when you zoom with a long-range blaster, but I don't want to play as a sniper all the time :smile:

I would love to customize HUD properties. At least, I'd like switches in settings to enable/disable HUD feedbacks more precisely - I don't think this would be a big update?

With more work, having full/discrete versions of feedback items would be great. For instance, discrete cross hair + abilities + red enemy outline when shots reach the target.

I'm ok to be less performant than "full-HUD" players if I can enjoy a more realistic game in a kind of hardcore mode.