criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Return to Battlefront 2015

If like me you are done with the force feeding of Clone Wars content, maybe you enjoy the 2015 battlefront. It has cool maps like Sullust and Scarif. OT content only. Heroes and Villains that are not in BF2017.

It plays a little different but that feels refreshing to me

Replies

• Darkblade wrote: »
    If like me you are done with the force feeding of Clone Wars content, maybe you enjoy the 2015 battlefront. It has cool maps like Sullust and Scarif. OT content only. Heroes and Villains that are not in BF2017.

And have to deal with Personal Shield spamming EE-4 BactaGuards? No thanks, I’ll pass in that one.

• Darkblade wrote: »

And have to deal with Personal Shield spamming EE-4 BactaGuards? No thanks, I’ll pass in that one.

Yeah that sucks, i hate the jetpack to be honest. But sometimes i enjoy it better than BF2017
  • Bf 2015 should get a few last updates. It wouldve been interesting if they had kept both games going and made the 2017 bf just clone wars and kept 2015 original trilogy.
  • Unwarycoin
    5881 posts Member
    I would like an update that fixes the challenge bug.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Give it an offline update for the dlc content maps. And allow skin selection for skirmish. Will forever campaign for that dlc to be offline.
  • Battlefront 2015 is ded
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • People say its ded but I dont think it really Is. but it can be hard to get some dlc matches which is why I want some of those maps offline.
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    Battlefront 2015 is ded

No it isn't.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Battlefront 2015 is ded
    Still a better game than Battlefront II

esbimk72z7z8.gif
  • 2015 is an enemy for 2017 for Dice. Why would they update 2015?
  • I've been grinding BF15 lately :triumph:
    My name is Bob

• Spiito
    1859 posts Member
    I've been grinding BF15 lately :triumph:

Oh? I didn't see you on the other - - oh, you must be playing something that ISN'T cargo.
    Cool beans.
    Han Solo: "We're gonna win."
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • Spiito wrote: »

Oh? I didn't see you on the other - - oh, you must be playing something that ISN'T cargo.
    Cool beans.

I've been on a major Cargo grind. Which console are you?
    My name is Bob

• Spiito
    1859 posts Member
    Spiito wrote: »

Cool beans.

Same as you, if your signature is anything to go by.
    Qi'ra: "It’s not that kind of game, Han. The object is not to win but to stay in it as long as you can."
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »

Cool beans.

Same as you, if your signature is anything to go by.

What's your GT?
    My name is Bob

• I was on Cargo a ton today. Maybe you're on a different server
    My name is Bob

• Ppong_Man12
    2424 posts Member
    edited July 12
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Battlefront 2015 is ded
    dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Loads better than BF2.

Yes it is, unless you love compresed skillgaps and constant hero spam. That’s about what this game consist of.
    2015 is an enemy for 2017 for Dice. Why would they update 2015?

To bad it’s not the game being updated, we’re left with this 2tier title Many of the Bf2 guys seem to get triggered at the very mention of the 15 game, wonder why that is.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • I dont get why they made an entirely new game out of bf17, why not keep adding to 2015. Keep similar game modes, make some walker assault variations for the different eras. Just have a huge dlc attachment for each era that you would have to purchase to add to the ot game. They just seemed to throw a bunch of hard work out and make a scatter brained attempt at a “better” game.

2017 is ok, and I bought both games very recently but just have a lot more fun with 2015 online and offline. 2017 offline is eh but will see how it improves, and 2017s online doesnt feel like it has too much goin on either. 2017 should have been released this year as a complete game rather than these little add ins here and there.

But im just going to keep playing 2015 more.
  • Spiito
    1859 posts Member
    edited June 11
    I was on Cargo a ton today. Maybe you're on a different server
    So was I, yesterday. Could be that our time zones differ.
    Tell you what, if you happen to see A Random Rodian, poorly aiming, try hard, sweaty scrub, wasting time on unimportant things or accidentally blowing themselves up, making crazy stupid choices, with something like a 20/20 KD, that would probably be me.

See you around~!
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Battlefront 2015 is ded
    dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Loads better than BF2.

Yes it is, unless your an ultra casual needing the crutches of constant spam, op heroes vs infantry, and an ultra compressed skill gap to be relevant. That’s about what this game consist of.
    2015 is an enemy for 2017 for Dice. Why would they update 2015?

To bad it’s not the game being updated, we’re left with this 2tier title Many of the Bf2 guys seem to get triggered at the very mention of the 15 game, wonder why that is.

Well spam etc aside, loads better for sure. Like original cargo without the meta.

I feel like most BF2 guys actually didn't even play the first game.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • I like both truthfully though I prefer 2015. I played 2017 first then played 2015, I truthfully really don't like it that much only thing I like is the graphics (they look straight out of a movie in my opinion) & the heroes (after all the updates all my favorite characters are there.) Though eh I can not get into the gameplay of it for some odd reason. The only game mode I like is HvV & well playing only one game mode gets pretty stale. I never got into the trooper gameplay of 2017 didn't find it appealing and still don't (maybe in the future maybe?).

2015 however I am somewhat hooked on the gameplay & like it better. I mean it's pretty unique in my opinion having ability pickups around the maps reminds me of classic multiplayer games. The customization alone is amazing, the maps are 100% unique and custom made, I find the trooper combat a lot more enjoyable since everyone has unique hands, weapons, & abilities, The heroes in the game feel just right truthfully (the only complaint is I don't like how Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker Swing it's a bit odd since all they do is pretty much lunge and if you play HvV the lightsaber combat is pretty much just lunging and blocking, though can see why they didn't put much effort into the lightsaber combat since there are only 2 lightsaber heroes.) Also, the graphics are just right as well it's not too over the top and not to bad either. One last thing I find the game modes 10x more fun and they feel like an actual battlefield (I never got that feeling in 2017).

So eh until something changes in 2017 that will draw me back in besides all heroes & villains. I am pretty much playing 2015.

So all in all 2017 for heroes and 2015 for trooper/ground combat.
  • tommytom64
    1087 posts Member
    I'm not saying you all are wrong or even disagreeing with you but why specifically do you think BF2015 is better than BF2?
  • Wallofman
    1154 posts Member
    Over the past two weeks I have gone back and started playing 2015. I have put many hours into BFII and play most evenings once the kiddo is in bed. There are pros and cons about each game.

2015 has more of a Star Wars feel. I guess because I am older and it is all OT. BFII has WAY TOO much clone wars material for my liking. The game plays better, and the gun mechanics are better in BF 2015. I also love the idea I can play one match with a Relby, or a T21, or a DH-17. I do like the class system in BFII but the weapon variety is horrible.

Another aspect I prefer is the token system. I like getting an orbital strike or smart rocket here and there. The second game really limits the range of ways you can inflect damage.

However, I do like the system of earning a hero via battle points. Too many token campers and I rarely get to be a hero in the first game.

BFII has it's issues with glitches and bugs that makes it harder to deal with. The old game you have to deal with the bacta/bubble/jumpack spam. I forgot how much that is spammed. I actually got a rage message from one of the bacta/bubble bois. I killed him with a scatter gun point blank as he popped his shield and just before he threw bacta (because you know those players cannot win gun fights), he had the stones to actually tell me "nice crutch", like running a scatter gun was a crutch. That is the one thing I do not miss.
  • Bf2015 game modes is where its at. I like the customization better in that game too and the concentration on only one era, i love clone wars stuff and thought about returning bf2015 without even trying it because of the lack of clone wars but it made me really appreciate the OT and I loved the game. Like the lack of lightsabers too is great, focus on guns not just hacking at people.
  • Iceninja
    418 posts Member
    I have been doing the outer rim on the Oregon server, you can almost always find a match.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Battlefront 2015 has:

- More weapons
    - More OT skins and better customazing system.
    - Much more modes with more maps
    - More star cards

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I have a BF2015 copy on PC and PS4, PS4 is easier for me to find a match (europe).

However, i can’t really enjoy the game because all players use a jumppack and bacta bombs. This really destroys the Star Wars immersion for me. If they would remove the jumppack at least, i would definately play BF2015 full time!
  • I honestly care more about gameplay than how "Star Warsy" it feels
    My name is Bob

• Love being back in the first game, when i can get on the death star i coulf literally play all day, pitu not many play it now, if they do its the 40 player modes which im not the best at, 
  • I was never able to really warm to 2017. Always been hanging around 2015 even when I played 2017 regularly.

For the last 6 months or I haven't touched 2017, fully back to 2015.

With the power of hindsight, 2015 is a much better shooter. Different handling but actually much better. 2017 feels almost clumsy compared. Partner spawn. Pickups. Cargo.
    There is always a good cargo game going, no shortage of good players, many regulars.

Cargo rules.
  • PS4 been playing cargo games constantly, usually can find a 40 player game in the evenings EST
  • 15 is a superior game imo, it feels like a aaa shooter in the Starwars universe where BF2 feels generic or old. Bf2 is clumsy and feels like a game that was made 10 years ago imo. I feel like it’s made more for the weekend casuals, the first time onliners, the small kids and older Starwars film fans that just want a quick pickup Starwars game.
  • 15 is a superior game imo, it feels like a aaa shooter in the Starwars universe where BF2 feels generic or old. Bf2 is clumsy and feels like a game that was made 10 years ago imo. I feel like it’s made more for the weekend casuals, the first time onliners, the small kids and older Starwars film fans that just want a quick pickup Starwars game.

I kind of agree with this & makes sense. Though the vibe I get is they where trying to copy the original games with the class system & all that. I mean I don't know about you but eh I would like to play something new & 2015 delivered in that uniqueness in all honesty.

I mean if you ask me they should of took everything about 2015 & just updated it for 2 instead of trying to copy the original games.

I kind of agree with this & makes sense. Though the vibe I get is they where trying to copy the original games with the class system & all that. I mean I don't know about you but eh I would like to play something new & 2015 delivered in that uniqueness in all honesty.

I mean if you ask me they should of took everything about 2015 & just updated it for 2 instead of trying to copy the original games.

That’s right, they should still be working that game imo but instead they made an entirely different playing game. Most of the people that complained about 15 primary complained about the lack of content and no campaign, there was also a little about starfighters. It had a niche in shooters that wasn’t the same ole same ole, it was unique as a shooter. Now with bf2 we have the same ole same ole but worse imo.
  • Courtney9089
    95 posts Member
    edited August 14
    No idea why there was multiple
    Post edited by Courtney9089 on
  • Courtney9089
    95 posts Member
    edited August 14
    No idea why there was multiple
    Post edited by Courtney9089 on

That’s right, they should still be working that game imo but instead they made an entirely different playing game. Most of the people that complained about 15 primary complained about the lack of content and no campaign, there was also a little about starfighters. It had a niche in shooters that wasn’t the same ole same ole, it was unique as a shooter. Now with bf2 we have the same ole same ole but worse imo.

Blah my post somehow got deleted while editing it (I had valid points & it was kind of long lol) Anyway all I am going to say is I 100% agree with you on the fact that all it 2015 needed was a bit more content like a campaign for example & that it stood out from the other multiplayer games quite a bit. All they had to do was keep the 2015 formula/gameplay then add in a campaign, along with all the factions we got in the 2017 version. If you wanted reinforcements they could of made them like the hero pickups in all honesty.