criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Bossk Shouldn't Have Full Health Regen

Prev1
Empire_TW
6500 posts Member
Because he can't, Trandoshans lose the ability to regenerate when they reach adulthood.
8dri49fi0lf2.jpg

Weren't expecting that were you? Bet you had "he's trandoshan" all typed up and ready to post.
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
First Max Prestige Iden Versio
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• bfloo
    15720 posts Member
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    Maybe Bossk is just a really big baby Trandoshan

It says Bossk made adulthood
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthLando
    1269 posts Member
    Where is this citation from ?
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • KresusFIN
    2725 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Lore is only valid when you can apply it to lightsaber heroes with abilities derived from a couple of amazingly written TCW episodes.

Didn't you know this?

Ruined

Why would you do this :(
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Piggl3_blast3r
    427 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Then he should have 50 more hp.

And only 12 successful jobs? For being an active hunter from before the clone wars to the empire?
    Hech4Lyf!
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2552 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because he can't, Trandoshans lose the ability to regenerate when they reach adulthood.

How dare you attack Beyond Balanced Bossk??!! (mock outrage) ;)
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • We all know this game isn't based on any kind of Lore or anything other than what is in universe
  • DarthLando
    1269 posts Member
    edited June 11
    The “loses this ability at adulthood” was later retconned to “loses this ability with middle age”

🤷🏿‍♂️

In regards to a, ya know, video game, full hp regen is dumb
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    8dri49fi0lf2.jpg

Weren't expecting that were you? Bet you had "he's trandoshan" all typed up and ready to post.

Haha. Fair play. I actually like that he can. I think chewwy or Han on light side should too
    8dri49fi0lf2.jpg

Then he need a new weapon.
    8dri49fi0lf2.jpg

Not a new one, just increase the rate of fire on his Relby.
    8dri49fi0lf2.jpg

Not a new one, just increase the rate of fire on his Relby.

Yes
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Honestly, I like that Bossk can regen his full health but I think the other blaster heroes should be able to do the same. I haven't looked at the actual time statistics, but whenever I play Bossk it feels like his ability recharge times are shorter than other heroes and he can be more lethal because of that, as well as the combination of his abilities, and on certain maps he's an absolute monster in the final phases (Naboo, Endor, Starkiller Base off the top of my head). Bossk can legitimately clear objectives without having to be anywhere near them (which I love) but his low overall health is compensation for that so it's a trade-off. But as far as this game is concerned, so much of the focus has been put on saber heroes which, to be fair, are the staples of the Star Wars franchise so I can't complain, and the blaster heroes have been neglected for the most part. Most could use health buffs, and I wouldn't complain a bit if all the blaster heroes (minus Phasma with the large overall health and health-buff ability) could regen to full health like Bossk without star cards. Which brings up another point, with Bossk's passive ability to be able to regen to full health, his star card to regenerate health in his dioxis gas is the single most completely and utterly pointless star card in the game.
  • Leave Boskk alone, he is my favorite Villain in the game.
  • awakespace
    1083 posts Member
    well, he's definitely not yet an adult during the clone wars show when he hunts the Jedi padawans and Chewbacca
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    Just leave Bossk-Boss alone. He is the perfect killing machine as he should be.

He would most likely be find with HoK
    We all know this game isn't based on any kind of Lore or anything other than what is in universe

Bossk having full health regen isn't balanced, whenever someone asked why he had full health regen "he's trandoshan" was always the response.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Yeah, now when Every kill matter, he is a bit op.
  • Psy3d
    780 posts Member
    Op this is just a game....the dev's prolly watched some cartoons and came up with it. Like Maul is called Darth Maul in this game...which violates the rule of two. Maul has 9 horns...but according to source he has 10. If these guys were true Star Wars fans...the game would've been much better :D
  • If you take off his full health regen then I won't be able to carry the dead weight of my team anymore
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    Psy3d wrote: »
    Op this is just a game....the dev's prolly watched some cartoons and came up with it. Like Maul is called Darth Maul in this game...which violates the rule of two. Maul has 9 horns...but according to source he has 10. If these guys were true Star Wars fans...the game would've been much better :D

Lore shouldn't dictate balance, Bossk having full health regen isn't balanced and everytime someone pointed this out they got hit with the "he's trandoshan" response. That excuse is no longer valid is what I'm pointing out.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Psy3d
    780 posts Member
    Lore shouldn't dictate balance.

Yeah but this is a DICE game...a bastardzied mix for lore and whatever they feel like. Well keep making threads and get some npc hive minds behind you...and just like Anakin hopefully you can get what you want with Bossk too ;)
  • The book still says regenerate limbs until adulthood. In game he is just regenerating health. No limbs are being taken off. The game does not go against that book.

But like I said already if you want to go by the book, the human characters should need to go to the hospital for the amount of damage they receive and regenerate.
  • Don't you dare touch Bossky- Bossk the Balanced!
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member

Yeah but this is a DICE game...a bastardzied mix for lore and whatever they feel like. Well keep making threads and get some npc hive minds behind you...and just like Anakin hopefully you can get what you want with Bossk too ;)

Him not having full health regen wouldn't really hurt him.
    hojevrxvarht.png

Probably biased, as I main bossk, but he doesn’t have a health on kill and only 600 hp.
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Bossk really should have higher health, like 800. He is tough. Just keep his regen at 600.

But that is he could have ended up the way he did. Started with 2-3 times the normal health regen. But would have been way to powerful if he had 800 health. So keep the increased regen, but lower his health to the lowest of all the heroes.
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member

Probably biased, as I main bossk, but he doesn’t have a health on kill and only 600 hp.

They could give him default health on kill when they do for everyone else
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • ToadHallMayhem
    517 posts Member
    edited June 13
    Not many of the health regenerating mechanics make sense, even Star Wars sense.

Health on kill? No

Health on shocking with droid? No

A couple do make sense:

Health from Palpatine's chain lightning? Yes, some sort of dark side power.

Bossk's full health regen? Yes. He is a space lizard and a tough one at that.

That all being said, it is a video game. Variety is important.
    Post edited by ToadHallMayhem on
  • What book is that from?

Looks like pretty old non canon book 😂 I noticed he didn’t include the book either, The print has an early 2000s/90’s feel so my guess is it’s highly outdated. If that’s not the case my bad but....

Also Wookieepedia how’s until almost 60 they can regen.
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    What book is that from?

Looks like pretty old non canon book 😂 I noticed he didn’t include the book either, The print has an early 2000s/90’s feel so my guess is it’s highly outdated. If that’s not the case my bad but....

Someone pointed out is has changed but they still lose regen
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I guess if we want to get technical then all heroes should be killed with one lightsaber strike. Throughout the movies one strike to the core body killed the recipient. All non jedi blaster heroes should also be subject to a one hit kill.

Sounds rather silly huh? It's called a game. Each player has unique features and health. Once we start with the "but in the movie" or "in this book" then we will no longer have a game. People should get over it and stop complaining. Boosk, is no where near being OP. If you have to complain about his health regen you have bigger issues.

The point of this thread was to point out that it is imbalanced as a game mechanic nor does it make sense for lore reasons
    hojevrxvarht.png
    What book is that from?

I guess if we want to get technical then all heroes should be killed with one lightsaber strike. Throughout the movies one strike to the core body killed the recipient. All non jedi blaster heroes should also be subject to a one hit kill.

Sounds rather silly huh? It's called a game. Each player has unique features and health. Once we start with the "but in the movie" or "in this book" then we will no longer have a game. People should get over it and stop complaining. Boosk, is no where near being OP. If you have to complain about his health regen you have bigger issues.

The point of this thread was to point out that it is imbalanced as a game mechanic nor does it make sense for lore reasons

But... Bossk having full regen isn't unbalanced...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

I'm not the biggest fan of Bossk's design, but there's nothing inbalanced about him
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...
    I think this is one of the rare things that no one has complained about on these forums.
    Until now. Why change it? Who cares about lore reasons? Lore being brought into this game has only caused problems. Balancing comes first and Bossk is balanced, whether you think so, or not. His health regen is no good if someone uses him poorly and never hangs back to let it regenerate. It's a feature that makes Bossk unique. If he didn't have it, he'd just be like every other blaster hero/villain.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    Back in 2015 Bossk already had health on kill and was a beast. I think hes fine how he is because I don't think you want Bossk to become offensive and using the card to fuel his predator instincts and just destroy everyone
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif