criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Bossk Shouldn't Have Full Health Regen

2Next

Replies

• Your lore argument is not valid. His health regen is not against lore.
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    Your lore argument is not valid. His health regen is not against lore.

Lore doesn't matter anyway, he shouldn't have full health regen
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

Why is full health regeneration bad extract?
    Hech4Lyf!
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Because no other hero has it and him having that andextremly high damage output is hardly balanced
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Bossk doesn't need any changes
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Because no other hero has it and him having that andextremly high damage output is hardly balanced
    Doesn't he have a very slow health regeneration to compensate for that though?
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
    What book is that from?

Looks like pretty old non canon book 😂 I noticed he didn’t include the book either, The print has an early 2000s/90’s feel so my guess is it’s highly outdated. If that’s not the case my bad but....

Also Wookieepedia how’s until almost 60 they can regen.

Someone pointed out is has changed but they still lose regen
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I guess if we want to get technical then all heroes should be killed with one lightsaber strike. Throughout the movies one strike to the core body killed the recipient. All non jedi blaster heroes should also be subject to a one hit kill.

Sounds rather silly huh? It's called a game. Each player has unique features and health. Once we start with the "but in the movie" or "in this book" then we will no longer have a game. People should get over it and stop complaining. Boosk, is no where near being OP. If you have to complain about his health regen you have bigger issues.

The point of this thread was to point out that it is imbalanced as a game mechanic nor does it make sense for lore reasons

Still never cited. Your argument is smoke. The second some one starts to take a look at it it dissipates into nothing. Convince me honestly that bossk actually poses a threat Against equally skilled blaster or Saber heroes. He doesn’t that’s the honest truth. His region is necessary for him to be able to remain unique in the game as a blaster and a viable combatant. With him can he is well within his age limit but he could have a full region especially on Prequel maps. Like I said youre arguments like smoke
  • Different does not equal unfair nor unbalanced. That’s also just a good life lesson.
  • Wallofman
    1155 posts Member

What book is that from?

Looks like pretty old non canon book 😂 I noticed he didn’t include the book either, The print has an early 2000s/90’s feel so my guess is it’s highly outdated. If that’s not the case my bad but....

I guess if we want to get technical then all heroes should be killed with one lightsaber strike. Throughout the movies one strike to the core body killed the recipient. All non jedi blaster heroes should also be subject to a one hit kill.

Sounds rather silly huh? It's called a game. Each player has unique features and health. Once we start with the "but in the movie" or "in this book" then we will no longer have a game. People should get over it and stop complaining. Boosk, is no where near being OP. If you have to complain about his health regen you have bigger issues.

The point of this thread was to point out that it is imbalanced as a game mechanic nor does it make sense for lore reasons

But... Bossk having full regen isn't unbalanced...

Its factually imbalanced

Sorry but you are wrong. Boosk being able to regenerate 100% health does not make him unbalanced. It makes him different, yes, but not unbalanced. His Relby is horrible. The rate of fire makes him vulnerable and is not good one on one. It's not like he has a crutch like a stun droid to keep people from moving while you light them up or anything.

Plus if you want to make changes for lore reasons, then no one should have health regen.
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    What book is that from?

Still never cited. Your argument is smoke. The second some one starts to take a look at it it dissipates into nothing. Convince me honestly that bossk actually poses a threat Against equally skilled blaster or Saber heroes. He doesn’t that’s the honest truth. His region is necessary for him to be able to remain unique in the game as a blaster and a viable combatant. With him can he is well within his age limit but he could have a full region especially on Prequel maps. Like I said youre arguments like smoke

Can you site a source that says he doesn't lose the ability to regen?

You must play some pretty bad people if Bossk "doesn't pose a threat". In what way does him not having full regen stop him from being unique.
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

Sorry but you are wrong. Boosk being able to regenerate 100% health does not make him unbalanced. It makes him different, yes, but not unbalanced. His Relby is horrible. The rate of fire makes him vulnerable and is not good one on one. It's not like he has a crutch like a stun droid to keep people from moving while you light them up or anything.

Plus if you want to make changes for lore reasons, then no one should have health regen.

His abilities more than make up for his gun, again in what way does him not having full regen stop him from being unique.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • His ability to regenerate limbs decreases with age, but not his overall recovery. It makes total sense lore wise for him to recover from general damage better than a mere human and separates him from the rest of the pack. It doesn't inherently make him overpowered or unbalanced in the slightest. This is one of the few handful threads in probably years to claim otherwise.

He's one of the few heroes the devs actually got right straight outta the gate.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I’d say his super jump is a bigger advantage than health regen
    Hech4Lyf!
  • I’d say his super jump is a bigger advantage than health regen
    Not anymore after the roll nerf sabers can easily auto track and knock you outta the jump animation when they get close. It's honestly his regen and 3 powerful abilities that keep bossk competitive. When they're on CD he can easily be taken, and a single officer with defuser completely negates his kit.
    xnvLDB.gif
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...
    I think this is one of the rare things that no one has complained about on these forums.
    Until now. Why change it? Who cares about lore reasons? Lore being brought into this game has only caused problems. Balancing comes first and Bossk is balanced, whether you think so, or not. His health regen is no good if someone uses him poorly and never hangs back to let it regenerate. It's a feature that makes Bossk unique. If he didn't have it, he'd just be like every other blaster hero/villain.

I wouldn't say he's balanced. Being able to deploy mines back to back isn't balanced

Except he can't . That ability has a recharge time last time I checked. If you're dumb enough to walk into a bunch of Bossk mines, then I think you deserve the damage.

He can though. If I place mines down the ability goes on recharge & I can place another set of mines down without the 1st set blowing up
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...
    I think this is one of the rare things that no one has complained about on these forums.
    Until now. Why change it? Who cares about lore reasons? Lore being brought into this game has only caused problems. Balancing comes first and Bossk is balanced, whether you think so, or not. His health regen is no good if someone uses him poorly and never hangs back to let it regenerate. It's a feature that makes Bossk unique. If he didn't have it, he'd just be like every other blaster hero/villain.

I wouldn't say he's balanced. Being able to deploy mines back to back isn't balanced

Except he can't . That ability has a recharge time last time I checked. If you're dumb enough to walk into a bunch of Bossk mines, then I think you deserve the damage.

He can though. If I place mines down the ability goes on recharge & I can place another set of mines down without the 1st set blowing up

I am not sure if the first set is still really there or not. it could just be they just look like it. But either way it is not game breaking.
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

Yeah but you can't have more than one set deployed at a time
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

I am not sure if the first set is still really there or not. it could just be they just look like it. But either way it is not game breaking.

The first set disappears, people complaining about them are over exaggerating their effectiveness.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Srublord
    206 posts Member
    What are we even arguing about? Bossk can't win a straight gunfight against any hero or good reinforcement. Even infantry can beat him up badly.
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

The first set disappears, people complaining about them are over exaggerating their effectiveness.

No they don't & they're highly effective
  • Wallofman
    1155 posts Member
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

yes they do. I play Boosk all the time. I even tested it once. I laid a set down, waited, laid a second set down, the first set disappeared.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

yes they do. I play Boosk all the time. I even tested it once. I laid a set down, waited, laid a second set down, the first set disappeared.

I probably wasn't clear on this. If I'm bossk & place mines down the ability goes on recharge even though the mines are in play. So me as bossk, can just wait for obi-wan to blow the mines up & I immediately place another set of fresh mines down & take over 700 health instantly.
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

Yeah, they do and theres nothing overpowered about laying them down again if only one set can be out at a time, getting two off in combat is how he locks down and defends his position. Not putting them on CD would be an unnecessary nerf that he simply doesn't need. Plenty of force users have the tools to counter and push him away from his mines. Obi-Wans a bad example too because he can literally sit there and tank the first batch with less than a 100 dmg. Cut the nerf herding out, I think mob hype finally got to you. Heroes should be strong with powerful abilities.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Srublord wrote: »
    What are we even arguing about? Bossk can't win a straight gunfight against any hero or good reinforcement. Even infantry can beat him up badly.

I am not sure. I got melted by a rocket trooper the other day before I could get away as Bossk. It happens.

I like taking out Bossk as a specialist with melee hits. I have done that many times. He is one of the easiest heroes to take when you get close.
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

Exactly, if you underestimate Bossk you DESERVE to die!
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It's really not...

Because the game has been flooding with new players, and for them nothing will EVER be balanced in this game.

What book is that from?

You must play some pretty bad people if Bossk "doesn't pose a threat". In what way does him not having full regen stop him from being unique.
    What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

His abilities more than make up for his gun, again in what way does him not having full regen stop him from being unique.

It’s called wookiepedia... like cite like two posts ago. But you must not have seen it through the smoke.
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    What book is that from?

What book is that from?

Its factually imbalanced

It’s called wookiepedia... like cite like two posts ago. But you must not have seen it through the smoke.

I looked

Nothing about in canon, however, EU states the same thing as the book
    qvk8azmweg5m.png

Considering just about everything else about Bossk got carried over from EU lore and canon does not specify them not losing their regen why would this no longer be valid?
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    I looked

Nothing about in canon, however, EU states the same thing as the book
    qvk8azmweg5m.png

Considering just about everything else about Bossk got carried over from EU lore and canon does not specify them not losing their regen why would this no longer be valid?
    lel
    99r11oi0tsuo.png

[+3748 posts]
  • Bossk does not regenerate limbs or skin in game. No lore problems.

Are you just mad Iden got nerfed?
  • Draxin
    227 posts Member
    Please stop asking for hero/villain changes, the game has had enough of them.
    Hi.
  • Also Battlefront 2 is canon. Not like the results of battles and usage of cross era heroes. But if bossk has full health regen that means trandoshans canonically regen health. The character abilities and attributes are all canon so...
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member
    Also Battlefront 2 is canon. Not like the results of battles and usage of cross era heroes. But if bossk has full health regen that means trandoshans canonically regen health. The character abilities and attributes are all canon so...

Its based off of lore that they got wrong, they changed Leia's hair because they got it "wrong" as well as changing the clone skins to be more accurate.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Bossk does not regenerate limbs or skin in game. No lore problems.

Him having full health regen is based off of Trandoshans being known to actually regenerate body parts. Why doesn't every hero have full regen if that isn't the case?

What nerf?

You keep read that small little paragraph, which is a bit vague. You read it the way you want to. Everyone else reads it as:

They have high health regenerative abilities. Including even limbs up to adult hood. Not that there regenerative ability totally stops, but they just can't do whole limbs any more.

For some reason you just can't see that.
    Also Battlefront 2 is canon. Not like the results of battles and usage of cross era heroes. But if bossk has full health regen that means trandoshans canonically regen health. The character abilities and attributes are all canon so...

Its based off of lore that they got wrong, they changed Leia's hair because they got it "wrong" as well as changing the clone skins to be more accurate.

Well apparently no one else including ea and dice thinks they got it wrong.
  • awakespace
    1083 posts Member
    edited June 15

There is no lore about health regeneration for any character. Can Han regenerate 200 health in lore? Can any charter survive 6 direct slashes of a lightsaber in lore? Do people heal when they kill other people? This is a silly argument - Bossk's regen is a game mechanic for character design and they just secondarily tried to make it relevant to his character by giving him a better healing factor than the human characters.

Bossk is one of the best designed characters in this game. He is very balanced while also being very unique - and his health regeneration is part of the what allows him to be this way. I don't even play him very often, but I would be quite sad if he was changed.
  • Empire_TW
    6500 posts Member

Him having full health regen is based off of Trandoshans being known to actually regenerate body parts. Why doesn't every hero have full regen if that isn't the case?

What nerf?

You keep read that small little paragraph, which is a bit vague. You read it the way you want to. Everyone else reads it as:

They have high health regenerative abilities. Including even limbs up to adult hood. Not that there regenerative ability totally stops, but they just can't do whole limbs any more.

In BF2015 his trait was called "Trandoshan Regen" what else could that possibly be referring to?

hojevrxvarht.png

What nerf?

In BF2015 his trait was called "Trandoshan Regen" what else could that possibly be referring to?

You still don't seem to get what I am saying. The book say he loses his ability to regen arms as an adult. It does not say he loses regen completely as an adult. It is just saying it is even better as a youngling. Adults still have great regen, just can't do limbs any more.

• Iceninja
    433 posts Member
    The only way I will accept this is if he gets his it blaster back when not zooming, and he gets his current blaster when zooming. I would also like him to be able to switch between impact and auto detonate grenades for him not to have full health generation.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • I’ve never been a fan of Bossk’s full regen. I’d have preferred him having the fastest regen in the game instead. This is really what reptilian regeneration is about anyway. Faster healing. Anyway, with the power creep of the newer saber heroes, Bossk’s kit is less of an issue than it was once.
  • Just leave Bossk-Boss alone. He is the perfect killing machine as he should be.

I would like his hip fire blaster reticle changed.
  • Perhaps he is a mutant though?