criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Felucia for GA

Prev1
Hesha
510 posts Member
edited August 20
Is there any chance we will get a map for these two game modes? I know HvV will most likely get it sooner or later but I was really hoping we would get a GA version of Felucia as well, we still only have one map where the clones are the attackers.
Post edited by Hesha on

Replies

• Hesha
    510 posts Member
    @F8RGE any news on this?
  • DXlolman
    887 posts Member
    edited June 12
    And strike and blast?
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    DXlolman wrote: »
    And strike and blast?

The more the merrier
  • awakespace
    1159 posts Member
    Honestly I would want private matches even more than a GA/HvV map for Felucia - but I see no reason why we can't have both
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    @F8RGE

It would be a big deception if the new Felucia map only is launched for Capital Supremacy mode.

Don't abandon Galactic Assault mode. Don't repeat the same error that with Ectraction mode.

I really hope that is not the case, all because Capital supremacy is doing good does not mean they should abandon there other large scale game mode.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    I would hope that they end up changing their mind and decide to add a GA version of Felucia, it just seems silly to me to not add a version of the map for each game mode.
    I completely agree, the clones only have one map where they are the attackers and I think felucia would be amazing as a galactic assault map.
  • Moojammin_10
    2388 posts Member
    edited July 12
    What does it bring that isn't already there?  im not in a battle to admire the scenery. 
    Felucia will be what what the droidekas were. Massive anti climax. 
  • DarthJ
    6712 posts Member

Yeah I would want to see it on all modes too.

PSN: ibrajoker59
  • OcDoc
    1959 posts Member
    The map has to be most of the work so ABSOLUTELY I agree that they should make the most of their efforts and find a way to make it available in as many modes as possible. Doing so really helps keep the game fresh for all parties and not just fans of one particular mode. 

If I were the lead on the developer team I would make this a mandatory policy that everything be designed in a way that it can be used in as many ways as possible without sacrificing functionality. It would take a little more thought and a little more preparation in planning but it can be done. Even BF 2015 executed well in this regard. 
  • Bring it to GA and Strike, and then use the Strike map for Blast and HvV. Please don't just make one for HvV. 
  • The community transmission said the words specifically, “Felucia... is being developed for Capital Supremacy.”

Just my humble opinion, but I believe Galactic Assault has pretty much been abandoned, exactly the way Starfighter Assault, Strike and Extraction have been. I’d put money on no new content for the mode in BFII’s development cycle.

Capital Supremacy is apparently the only mode worth bothering with now, since it swooped in and “saved the game.” All us OT/PT fans can do now is hope they grace us with a few maps for our preferred eras in CS, cause you can stick a fork in GA.
  • GA seems unlikely, but I feel like Blast and HvV versions will happen.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    The community transmission said the words specifically, “Felucia... is being developed for Capital Supremacy.”

Just my humble opinion, but I believe Galactic Assault has pretty much been abandoned, exactly the way Starfighter Assault, Strike and Extraction have been. I’d put money on no new content for the mode in BFII’s development cycle.

Capital Supremacy is apparently the only mode worth bothering with now, since it swooped in and “saved the game.” All us OT/PT fans can do now is hope they grace us with a few maps for our preferred eras in CS, cause you can stick a fork in GA.
    It would be foolish if they abandon yet another game mode, especially one that kept this game alive for so long.
  • I sure hope they don't abandon GA. While I have fun playing CS I still prefer and have the most fun playing GA because of the variety of maps and objectives. Would love to see a Felucia GA map. Hopefully they utilize the new planet for several game modes.
  • HvV desperately needs new content like maps, special events, etc. Whatever happened to the Crait map? Its so dull now even with the targrt system gone.
  • Bring it to GA and Strike, and then use the Strike map for Blast and HvV. Please don't just make one for HvV. 
    Don’t forget about Extraction.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    I sure hope they don't abandon GA. While I have fun playing CS I still prefer and have the most fun playing GA because of the variety of maps and objectives. Would love to see a Felucia GA map. Hopefully they utilize the new planet for several game modes.
    I’m right there with ya man. I love CS but the map variety along with Era variety makes GA better in my opinion, I feel like it would be a big mistake if they abandon GA from here on out.
  • If it is added to GA then I’ll be playing it. CS, no. 
    @killerzf7 Well done with the Extraction request but unfortunately it is doubtful that it’ll happen. 
    #StarWars-y
  • If it is added to GA then I’ll be playing it. CS, no. 
    @killerzf7 Well done with the Extraction request but unfortunately it is doubtful that it’ll happen. 
    You never know. They gave “smaller modes” it’s own spot in the most recent Community Survey and they even put Extraction in parenthesis to give it more focus.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    If it is added to GA then I’ll be playing it. CS, no. 
    I hope your wrong my friend as I often hear extraction is extremely fun but I have yet to try it and even though that may be the case I would love to see more maps added to it as the concept sounds really fun.
  • killerzf7 said:
    Bring it to GA and Strike, and then use the Strike map for Blast and HvV. Please don't just make one for HvV. 
    Don’t forget about Extraction.
    Since they said they have no plans to bring it to non-OT eras, I assumed it was off the table. 
  • Hesha said:
    I hope your wrong my friend as I often hear extraction is extremely fun but I have yet to try it and even though that may be the case I would love to see more maps added to it as the concept sounds really fun.
    Best CQC objective based mode in the game should have more than 2 maps. 
    #StarWars-y
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Hesha said:

Jett_Fett_91166 said:

Best CQC objective based mode in the game should have more than 2 maps. 

I agree, I honestly think all modes should have at least four maps to prevent them from getting stale, I’m not really sure why dice thinks it’s ok to leave modes like hunt and extraction high and dry.
  • If they release a new planet and map and only include CS, it will be proof that the people calling the shots are clueless. Why waste all that time to make a new world to only use it on one mode? Have these people never heard of killing two birds with one stone?

I honestly don't know what makes me more furious.

The consistently AWFUL decisions made by the Development team?

OR

The community members that are outrageous enough to defend it?

It's a coinflip. Both are infuriating.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Bumping this, though I would change my mind about adding it to HvV simply because that is the one game mode that does not need more maps, but Felucia should defiantly be added to GA and extraction, cause we all know extraction is in desperate need of some new maps.....
  • CC_1010
    2209 posts Member
    Hesha wrote: »
    Bumping this, though I would change my mind about adding it to HvV simply because that is the one game mode that does not need more maps, but Felucia should defiantly be added to GA and extraction, cause we all know extraction is in desperate need of some new maps.....

I would love a new map
  • Even though GA has its flaws, its a much superior mode compared to CS (personal opinion)

Felucia needs to be in GA and HvV
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Gonna be a massive joke if Felucia isn't inserted into GA.

Exactly what I was thinking, I mean why wouldn’t you want to make that map available to as many modes as possible? Especially after all the time they spent on creating it.
    Post edited by Hesha on
  • killerzf7
    481 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Gonna be a massive joke if Felucia isn't inserted into GA.

When I saw the BF2 trailer, I got really hyped after seeing the Death Star Staging Ground image thinking that we were gonna get the Battle of Endor.

xqucitzcsdvj.png

But instead, we got the Death Star II Debris.

cle0kajg3j79.png

A serious let down and missed opportunity.
    Post edited by killerzf7 on
  • killerzf7
    481 posts Member
    edited August 14
    I don’t know why it won’t show the other image, but it’s supposed to be the Death Star 2 Debris.

Edit: never mind, I fixed it. :smiley:
    Post edited by killerzf7 on
  • DEWWW IT
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    DEWWW IT

Devs: “I shouldn’t....”
  • Hesha wrote: »
    DEWWW IT

Felucia is too dangerous to be left out.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    DEWWW IT

It is the Jedi way! I need it!
  • Hesha wrote: »
    DEWWW IT

Our allegiance is to the EA, dolla dolla bills yall
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    DEWWW IT

Our allegiance is to the EA, dolla dolla bills yall

NOOOOO!!!! *Cuts off support to EA*
  • CC_1010
    2209 posts Member
    edited August 16
    I really want it i HvV. It could be like a cool labyrinth(but not like jabbas)
    Post edited by CC_1010 on
  • I think it will definitely come to Blast, Strike, and HvV. These are modes that are very easy to pick small cut-outs of a larger map.

GA is not likely. The support team is small. So any work done on Felucia for GA would likely come at the expense of new content for 2020.GA would require them to build it into the map in the first place. I really don't think you'd want to see them attempt to retrofit GA into a map built for Conquest on CS. It's the same reason they had to make a brand new Geonosis map for CS. The GA map didn't offer good areas for a Conquest type phase.

Besides all this, look what happened when they added Geonosis. It got lost in the GA rotation. There's so many GA maps right now, you could log in and never get to Felucia. They'd have to run a special Clone Wars playlist for you to even have a chance.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    With the new CT I want to bump this up again, knowing we are getting another map to GA for the ST this makes me want Felucia even more for GA because if it were to be added the map variety would absolutely amazing for GA.
  • Felucia must be in GA.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Felucia must be in GA.

I completely agree, and they could come up with some really cool scenarios for that map.