criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Complaint on hvv matchmaking

Started the match 3 vs 4, all decent players
My team got behind quickly
My team got the final player mid way
The final player has zero kill

Matchmaking has always been very unfair from my own experience, can developers tell us how it is implemented (in the case if someone plays the game a lot but isn’t extremely skilled at it)?

If the system deems I’m so good to match me with unskilled players then my win-loss records should be close to 50% right (Or 60/40%, who cares)? But most of the time my team got beat up badly.

Can developers tell us what’s the guideline for a “fair matchmaking”? Are there instances where the math is correct but resulted in a loss time after time?

For example, 4 players with strength of 100 each adding up to 400 (I don’t know how your algorithm defines strength). If my team’s players are 200+100+80+20, my experience is that this is basically a 4 vs 3 situation.

Most of the time, I think it’s more like opposing team 120+120+100+100 vs my team 120+100+50+20.

If I’m good I should match up with lesser players, if I’m bad I should match up with good players, either way the results hopefully should be a bell curve of 50%. Why do I lost so much more than I won?

If given a certain set of random players I’ll always get a bad matchup, if I keep playing with the same set of players, will I always get a bad matchup? If that’s the case then my chances of winning is only dependent of who are the random players I play with.

What if the matchmaking algorithm produce unfair matching for a certain player profile much more often than it should?