criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Your Top Issues

Replies

• Another big issue, stupid weekend events, regular GA would be nice. Separate playlist please.
  • Glitches and bugs. Grevious is glitchy. Luke is glitchy. Kylo is glitchy. Hero abilities need to work. Grevious dances. Gets interrupted. Luke and kylos abilities work less than 50% of the time. Trooper rolls are glitchy. I throw grenade. Voice line activates. Roll. Didn't throw grenade still have ability. Saber locking. Anakins and reys sabers are 10 ft long.
  • 1. Needed more trooper blasters like BF1. I miss my iconic T21 amongst others.
    2. Need more Starfighter content. This seems to be ignored. I don't post much, but I read dev Twitter, Reddit, and these forums daily.
    3. Need more iconic skins, Jango Fett and his Slave 1; Darth Maul with hood and robes; Luke in Besbin and pilot outfits and TLJ old Luke; old Han and Leia outfits from episode 7 & 8; old obiwan from a new hope; Palpatine episode 3, etc.
    4. Need more iconic Hereos that are popular and requested a lot from all of the films e.g., Mace Windu, Poe Cameron, IG88, Jyn Erso, Krenic, K-2SO, Qi-ra, etc.
    5. Need to limit heros to their era's and reduce Starfighter hero cost.
  • Khemikalburn
    81 posts Member
    edited June 21
    Should add that putting Mace Windu in would bring more "cultural" diversity to the game...
  • Should add that putting Mace Windu in would bring more "cultural" diversity to the game...

Considering to add characters just because of their race is not a reasonable factor to why they are necessary in this game. I agree that Mace should be in this game, but for reasons that have nothing to do with his skin color.

I dont care about cultural diversity as It means absolutely nothing, I care about the in-game diversity that each character brings.
  • Before I get tinfoiling I just dont get why we have to play against "Japan's best" because firstly they were trash, the lag was unbearable and their players were glitching all over the place

And a few hours after making Japan quit we have this happen to us

Just improve match making, let us choose who we can play against or with in a reasonable manner and dont have cross server play for no reason. Everyone in the party got booted. Never has happened before.

First night hyped for heroes unleashed and it was a disappointment
  • Server lag

Arc Trooper is almost useless - pistols are weak, overload shot could have a bit splash damage, shock grenade stun effect should last a bit longer!
  • Immediate action should be

1: Make CS shorter - Impossible to know how long you are going to be on for...
    2: Can you make the ship level from CS for Strike. Surely ready made to port over ?
    3: Lightsaber Hit detection / Blocks etc. This is getting annoying / getting caught when jumping high in the air.
    4: Why not just have both HvV / Cant really be that hard to organise. Both are clearly set up. Target system and Hero Blast.
    5: More maps for extraction / Straighforward.
  • 1. Best game mode, CS, is only for Clone Wars era
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    1 - EOR Matchmaking is the biggest issue.
    2 - Matchmaking inconsistency, (one game weapons and sabers are fine and the next they dont function or do proper damage)
    3 - Map rotations (lack of map selection)
    4 - Lack of customization for Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy (different skins etc, 2015 BF had a better customization offer)
    5 - Not enabling to choose if i want phase 1 or phase 2 clones or single legions to b e played (add a option in the menu to enable or disable multi legion/phase 1/2 for clone troopers)
  • My issues are :

1. Take away the top ship part of CS and keep the ground area
    2. Bring back SA server
    3. Fix matchmaking, keeps on throwing me in empty lobbies.
  • I'd like Bossk to have a shorter animation when activating his Predator Instincts.

HvV will start now with 6 players but stops again if someone joins mid countdown. Just let it start with 7.

Revert the hero emotes back to before the change. Annoying when you move and it cuts off.

that's it I think

giphy.gif

• Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    Revilod wrote: »
    1) something needs to be done to prevent Anakin chaining all his abilities and doing mass damage. I get knocked down so much an can’t do anything about it. Not to mention when other enemies are also knocking you about. Anakin’s issues aren’t that he does too much damage it’s that he can constantly get hits on you and you can’t do anything about it.

4) it’s hard to counter Boba Fett as when you knock him out of the sky he can immediately fly away again do to mid air recoveries.

Yeah, people complained so much about stuns and "DICE ripping the controller from your hands", and in response they release a character that does worse than any before, where it's basically instant death, especially if there's a ledge nearby:

and yeah, Boba is essentially immortal in open HvV maps now. I feel like half the reason they refuse to bring back the target system is that they would have to face the fact that they made a horrible mistake with Boba, since they're super stubborn about admitting error (look how many nerfs Anakin went through, when he should've been killswitched and fixed). If they did bring the target system back, they would have to either revert Boba (which they should do anyway) or killswitch him entirely.......unless, I dunno, they did something crazy, like took my advice and just put a time limit on how long someone can be the target.

- I believe that Saber wielding Villains should be allowed to block Chewie’s and the Wookiee’s bow caster

- I don’t think Obi Wan’s mind trick should prevent you from rolling/dashing. It’s hard enough already in HvV when you get inverted by Rey making this combo really OP

I particularly agree with both of these. You know if Chewie had ever tried to bowcaster Vader, Vader would have made him eat it, lol. Not being able to block it is silly, even without invoking potential canon. Iden's alt is an explosive, so at least that makes sense. The mind tricks are super obnoxious too, worse than any stun besides Anakin combos, especially when used together (especially since they both make the same sound, so you can't know right away which you're being hit with first).

TheScape wrote: »
    - Add a proper skill-based matchmaking. That new matchmaking should also prioritise groups together, instead of mixing them with random players playing solo. It isn't fun for anyone.

This will never happen, I 100% guarantee you, unfortunately. We asked for skill based matchmaking, and instead we got what we had now.

Then they buried the EOR:MM thread, preventing new posts from bumping it to the top, effectively sweeping the whole thing under the rug. Good luck making a new thread about it.

AW_Cramer wrote: »
    1. Hit detection!! I'm so tired of ducking behind cover only to magically be shot and killed!

2. Lightsaber Hit detection / Blocks etc. This is frustrating when getting hit while jumping high in the air and also getting sucked back into a sabre swing when Ive clearly rolled out of the way!
    Nellybc wrote: »
    Immediate action should be

3: Lightsaber Hit detection / Blocks etc. This is getting annoying / getting caught when jumping high in the air.

Yeah I love when I'm 15 feet in the air and I get slash by a guy standing flat footed on the ground, far below.

Nellybc wrote: »

1: Make CS shorter - Impossible to know how long you are going to be on for...

Yes. The few times I've played it, by the 2nd ship phase, I'm just ready for the whole thing to be over and to move on to a different map. My friends who invite me to it could tell you that I literally exclaim "What!?! It's not over yet?!?!?"
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • @Billkwando video is really old because it still has HvV target system. Also all it shows in the video is that you failed to block.

Many Anakin changes and HvV changes since then, so this video shows nothing!
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    @Billkwando video is really old because it still has HvV target system. Also all it shows in the video is that you failed to block.

Yeah I failed to block because I didn't see him, and if you weren't so busy trying to be snarky, you'd realize that is my point. He can still do the exact same thing. Nobody else can chain abilities like that to knock you off the map, or that make your controller useless for multiple moves. Even Kylo's freeze is so short now, you can barely freeze and pull, and it's way more situational, not the no-skill garbage you see here, which still functions exactly the same as it did when we had the target system (because I've done the same thing myself with Anakin in TDM, when I couldn't get Luke).
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Content for Starfighter Assault
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    Palpatines broken sound. Something about triggering chain lightning towards the end of the aura ability causes the sound to freak out. Thunder clapping long after any kind of action was happening.

It is annoying. It’s been happening for months.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    @Billkwando video is really old because it still has HvV target system. Also all it shows in the video is that you failed to block.

Yeah I failed to block because I didn't see him, and if you weren't so busy trying to be snarky, you'd realize that is my point. He can still do the exact same thing. Nobody else can chain abilities like that to knock you off the map, or that make your controller useless for multiple moves. Even Kylo's freeze is so short now, you can barely freeze and pull, and it's way more situational, not the no-skill garbage you see here, which still functions exactly the same as it did when we had the target system (because I've done the same thing myself with Anakin in TDM, when I couldn't get Luke).

Not really........ :
    1. you can luke repulse next to someone knock them on their feet and force push them off the ledge too.
    2. You can force choke as vader and drag them over to the ledge if you want. If you miss you can throw saber that will generally knock the player back slightly and push them off the ledge if they are teetering.
    3. Grievous can knock people to their feet and then you can thrust surge them laying on the ground to push them off the ledge if you aim right.
    4. Kylo can still do the dual freeze and pull trick them off the ledge you just have to be close to them....which is reasonable because you use to sit there forever.
    5. Han can detonite charge them off ledge and follow up with shoulder charge.
    6. Chewy can shock and follow up with ground slam
    7. Phasma can shock and follow up with 3 staff strikes to knock them back
    8. Obiwan can mindtrick and follow up with force push which is devastating to blaster characters

Again what's the point most character can double spam abilities?
  • Anakin’s hair in the General Epic skin needs to be shorter
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Equinox
    90 posts Member
    1) Change Boba's anti hero rockets to anti vehicle rockets

2) Remove saber stun/ lag or whatever it is called now I tired of spaming the dodge just to get killed and when I try to you a dash attack to escape it brings me right back

3) Give Obi Wan immunity like Vader and Maul when he uses All Out Push it last way longer than both of their attacks-_-

4) Change Maul's Saber Throw damage to 95 instead of 75

5) Give force push immunity to heroes. Like the stun abilities but with force attacks. I just adore how I get knocked around the map with force abilities and can't do anything. Or give saber users the abilities to catch themselves like Boba because I know he has a jet pack but force users should be able catch themselves.

Making just one of these changes would be fine for me but to be honest I just don't care anymore.
  • Equinox wrote: »
    1) Change Boba's anti hero rockets to anti vehicle rockets

Agreed. Anti hero rockets makes players rely even more on his already skilless rockets in HvV. Either anti infantry or anti vehicle rockets would be a great replacement.
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

Not really........ :
    1. you can luke repulse next to someone knock them on their feet and force push them off the ledge too.
    2. You can force choke as vader and drag them over to the ledge if you want. If you miss you can throw saber that will generally knock the player back slightly and push them off the ledge if they are teetering.
    3. Grievous can knock people to their feet and then you can thrust surge them laying on the ground to push them off the ledge if you aim right.
    4. Kylo can still do the dual freeze and pull trick them off the ledge you just have to be close to them....which is reasonable because you use to sit there forever.
    8. Obiwan can mindtrick and follow up with force push which is devastating to blaster characters

You're really reaching bud. None of those examples are remotely the same thing, or involve pulling you from a different zip code. Pretty much all of those things involve some degree of proximity and timing. The Anakin thing is a total free shot, long distance, no-skill combo, but I get it. You're ok with the fact that Anakin is cheap. Good for you.

As Luke would say, "Keep trying!"
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• JackTHorn
    3755 posts Member
    Since our pleas for accurate era heroes will most likely be ignored like they always are, I'll add in:

Lightsaber stuns / staggers. If someone is hitting you with a lightsaber, none of your buttons or abilities work. Might as well just make every hit that lands into a OHK.
  • willywonka7
    1967 posts Member
    edited June 21

Not really........ :

You're really reaching bud. None of those examples are remotely the same thing, or involve pulling you from a different zip code. Pretty much all of those things involve some degree of proximity and timing. The Anakin thing is a total free shot, long distance, no-skill combo, but I get it. You're ok with the fact that Anakin is cheap. Good for you.

As Luke would say, "Keep trying!"

Not really reaching at all.....they're all practically the samething! multi spamming abilities to knock someone off the ledge. Luke is the same thing just do what I said in the reverse order and its the same thing as what your complaining about anakin on. In addition darkside can do the same thing multiple force pull force throw enemy until they are for sure of the edge before the enemy has a chance to rebuttal.

Lol Anakin is barely a threat in the game anymore.........just learn to block or dodge. The bigger problem is all the bugs and broken hero abilities. I'm just tired of the developers listening to nonsense like this when there are obviously so many bugs in the game right now.

Grievous, Kylo, and Dooku are extremely bugged, along with lightsaber combat and blocking in general in the game right now and your talking about a 5th Anakin nerf........if you'd direct them to the actual problems they could fix them and Anakin would be less of a threat with more fully functioning darkside characters!

• Raylol
    1140 posts Member
    Raylol wrote: »
    Just realize how many people are complaining about magnetic sabers, saber stun, etc. It’s time for that features to go, everyone it’s asking for that.

Playing as blaster if fun but not viable, make blasters great again.

I will bump this again, pls devs do something or we will be disappointed
  • I am loving this game--thank you for adding lots of maps to GA and Supremacy modes. I'd love some more maps for Starfighter battles as well.

I also want to cast my vote for Mace Windu being added. I remember in Jedi Power Battles on PS1 he had this awesome ability to make his lightsaber circle around him, good for close proximity.

I know others don't have this problem, but I often have trouble with Darth Maul's Lightsaber Throw ability--when I've got anything even close to me on either side, the lightsaber doesn't go but a foot in front of me. I'm not saying it should auto-aim, but a little more forgiving would be awesome.

Lastly I really don't know why the game takes so long just to load the main menu page! Anything to speed that up a bit would be awesome.
  • emanvander wrote: »

Lastly I really don't know why the game takes so long just to load the main menu page! Anything to speed that up a bit would be awesome.

Only way to probably fix that is to upgrade your harddrive to Solid State Drive.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    emanvander wrote: »

Only way to probably fix that is to upgrade your harddrive to Solid State Drive.

No. SSD's have nothing to do with network traffic.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Lightsaber stuns / staggers. If someone is hitting you with a lightsaber, none of your buttons or abilities work. Might as well just make every hit that lands into a OHK.

This.
    "Rise."
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    emanvander wrote: »

No. SSD's have nothing to do with network traffic.

The wait time for the game to start up has nothing to do with network traffic either, and that was his complaint.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• 1. Map Selection Screen

That’s it I think
  • Oh wait:
    2. Getting dragged back into an enemy’s attack after dogging in HvV.

It seems sometimes while dashing from attacks in HvV, you get sucked back into the enemy’s lightsaber attack; even if the dodge button is clicked just once
  • Gfid
    2 posts Member
    1) Geonosis in Galactic Assault is a slog if you’re playing droids, the AT RTs or whatever they’re called need to be nerfed a bit for health.
    2) Leia’s Flash needs higher AoE to make it comparable to Officer’s. Ok without damage if it slows enemies down instead.
    3) Assault flash pistol is useless, rework or replace mechanics so it’s not lethal but hits those on contact
    4) Chewie needs a buff, he should be tanky
    5) can jet pack troopers rocket not have a slight lock on to target. Makes no sense an ion torpedo can chase a mid air vehicle but a rocket can’t lock onto a target
  • dirgerex
    107 posts Member
    1. More Starfighter Assault maps!!! MORE!!!

2. Battlefront 2015 maps... All modes that make sense to port!

3. Battlefront 2015 heroes! Where's Krennic, Jyn, Greedo, Nien Nunb, Dengar.

4. Out of the box heroes! IG-88, K-2SO, Saw Gerrera, Dash Rendar, Prince Xizor, Dryden Vos.

5. Rogue One maps!

6. Solo maps!

7. Shadows of the Empire maps!
  • Billkwando wrote: »

Nobody else can chain abilities like that to knock you off the map, or that make your controller useless for multiple moves.

Vader's choke-saber throw combo is still way more annoying than Anakin's combo because of how buggy the choke is. Luke can chain his moves to throw you off a map. Plus, Kylo's freeze is still long enough to pull someone off the ledge AND has the ability to be used mid-air (something Anakin's ability does not have).

As you just stated, you didn't see Anakin, so your guard wasn't up. That's a you problem. On top of that, the new HvV also includes Hero blips on the radar, so you have a better idea of where enemies are.
  • dirgerex wrote: »

4. Out of the box heroes! IG-88, K-2SO, Saw Gerrera, Dash Rendar, Prince Xizor, Dryden Vos.

5. Rogue One maps!

6. Solo maps!

I'd like to see the BF15 heroes return. The "Clone Wars" season is now going on a year at this point. I'm getting pretty fatigued by getting just one era of content, when we've got other ones to choose from as well. I'd like to see the OT and NT get a little bit of love via character skins, maps, new reinforcements, heroes and maps.
  • lowell
    1732 posts Member
    dirgerex wrote: »

5. Rogue One maps!

6. Solo maps!

I'd like to see the BF15 heroes return. The "Clone Wars" season is now going on a year at this point. I'm getting pretty fatigued by getting just one era of content, when we've got other ones to choose from as well. I'd like to see the OT and NT get a little bit of love via character skins, maps, new reinforcements, heroes and maps.

Besides TCW Season 7, we'll still likely get content from the Mandalorian Season 1 and TROS, Resistance Season 2, Galaxy's Edge to market players toward Disney+ and visiting the parks.

Shadows of the Empire is Legends. And because of the choices made by DICE in Battlefront 2015, the Lucasfilm oversight process is likely more extensive.

That's why this game is more connective with future Star Wars content & experiences than Battlefront 2015 ever was (only Rogue One and mini Battle of Jakku maps).
  • MC_XIX
    2121 posts Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody has mentioned Grievous Thrust Surge...? This is one of the most bugged abilities in the game.

Fix the twirl already and increase the homing effect.
  • 1. Please address some minor issues such as a wookie warrior taking up your whole screen when up against a wall.
    2. Buff leias flash grenade. Give her an officers flash.
    3.please give us a server browser. Almost all games other than hvv, ga, and cs are empty on pc.
    4. Soo many hackers on pc! I don't know why! I also dont know if there is any way to combat this. I report them when i see them and then i see them again. Seems to do nothing.
    5. Please give us better offline modes. Arcade can be very boring when the ai don't pose much of a threat. Maybe a large scale mode would make this enjoyable.
  • Chewie needs better health regen. Often times i find myself with 100ish health on ga as chewie. It seems his health regen is worse than a wookie warrior so i always just decide to play that instead.
  • 1. HVV is completely unbalanced. Haven’t played a competitive round in weeks. Either we win with 15plus eliminations left or we lose by that much. Not fun either way.

2. One new map for star fighters please. It’s my favorite mode, and would love to see something new. And get rid of the D’qar map. It’s awful.
  • 1. probably personal: I remaped the roll to the "i" key, when I die and I roll around that time the text channel opens and starts writting
    2. Which point is contested is not shown in cs, also the way to the points and which point is poorly shown in the ship phase of cs
    3. Mods unequiping on weapons all the time
    4. You can't use the escape key to go back in the menus in cs, it opens the options instead
    5. Weapons shooting after cooling (it's been over a year come on fix this one)

Bonus:

Overswing, press one time the key your character swing 2 or 3 times
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • [leave it out with the "slap the guy who thought of this" stuff, there's no need ~Rtas]

Considering the arbitrary changes that nobody asked for or wanted yet there are bugs that have gone unpatched for years? Yes, there is.
  • If this update doesn’t include at least a chewie regen buff then I’ll be really disappointed
  • QOL Items:
    Spawning:
    Default spawn should be on the left and first choice.
    Default spawn timer should be zero.
    Cut spawn timer to :03 or :05.
    Return the ability to spawn on Aerial class. Please let players figure out how to counter this as it can be done considering both teams have Aerials and the ability to reach these locations with various weapons. Part of the fun of this game is overcoming challenges, not making it easier for those who can’t or won’t learn to counter an ability. Removing the ability to spawn on Aerials was a bad nerf to spawning that impacts all trooper modes, not just Blast, so please revert as it was before this unnecessary nerf. This Aerial nerf is especially frustrating as the majority of the time the Aerial is not in a location that would prevent spawning on them. These simple changes to spawning would greatly improve game play and flow.
    Card Load Out:
    Unlock card restrictions within the class. (Example - Specialist with SP and SG selected or Officer with Disruptor and Shield selected)
    Allow for preset hands. (Changing cards based on which map or phase I’m playing is getting old.)
    Skins:
    Allow for default skins on maps. (Example- 41st Ranger skin would be my default skin for Kashyyyk. 212th Attack skin would be my default for Geonosis. Again, making skin adjustments before a match is getting old.
    Screen Time:
    Keep the planet I’m playing on as the background screen when making adjustments to trooper/hero/vehicle/star fighter.
    Multiplayer screen selections should be GA, CS and SA as they are the large modes. Move the Strike tile to the same screen as the other small modes.
This discussion has been closed.