criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Your Top Issues

Replies

• 1. Matchmaking. Let me know im in a lobby full of groups at least please?
    2. All eras on all game modes. CS and extraction specifically.
    3. Lightsabre blocking blaster fire doesn't always seem to work. Blocking in general tbh.

There's other little things that would be cool like more customizable skins and weapons, having Starfighter and ground assault phases in same matches... But not dealbreakers at this stage.
  • walter
    31 posts Member
    edited June 23
    1. LOTS of bug fixes, this includes but is not limited to; force powers not working, spawning more than the intended hero amount, and saber blocking that fails to block along with fixes for saber combat in general. This is not a bug, but getting stuck on small chairs and tables can be a nightmare.

2. Give the older heroes some skin love, and the OT,ST, and droids deserve some skins for their troops.

3. More GA maps, it's still the most popular game mode. Maps from Utapau, Scariff, and Sullust are prime examples but you should NOT limit us to those 3. We need at least 3-4 more maps on top of Felucia (Which should also be for GA if it's not).

4. Allow the ability to switch teams and take out matchmaking, it does not work. Map voting would be nice too.

5. Many more weapons and maybe even new enforcers for all the different eras.
  • ROMG4
    2735 posts Member
    edited June 23
    #1. Saber combat feels buggy, awkward, and full of stun mechanics which don't make for a fun experience
    #2. No new infantry weapons or star cards
    #3. Too much focus on single era content. I like the prequel era, it's full of plenty of good stuff, but good grief we've had nothing but Prequels for nearly a year
    #4.Lack of updates for Strike, Extraction, Blast, and no new infantry modes such as Cargo
    #5. No OOM-9 :/
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • 1- be able to save different set of starcards for different game modes

2- continue with the hero and the killstreak that i have between phases in CS

3- better matchmaking

4- Stats page

5- Reduce spawn time
  • Laser921
    1977 posts Member
    I dont know if its something that can be fixed since it might just be how connected to the server you are but "burst damage." It seems more prevalent now during the hero event but I'll be a full health hero, the enemy hero swings once or twice and booms Im already dead and seeming to take more damage than should have been dealt.

Also, Luke still feels weak, if he is meant to be a hit and run character, make his abilities work and give him the health to survive the "hit"
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I'v been waiting for some sort of quality of life changes post. I hope there will be more in the future.

My 5 quality of life changes.

1) Each era of classes you should be able to set there own emotes and victory poses then all rather being the same.

2) You should be Able to check your daily challenges in the in game pause menu as well your challenges should be also the same.

3) A stats page see everything done in the game more advanced then 2015 battlefront.

4) feel even more like squad like before hologram update Could see who you spawing in with.

5) next step update the main menu or have a dramatic menu as well spawn menu.

I thought the daily challenges were the same per system (all Xbox One users have the same set), or do you mean share the same list across all platforms?

What ment was with daily challenges or challenges. You can check your progress in pause menu then waiting till the match is over or quting main menu just to check.
    63pjujouc7co.png
    "if You Only Knew The Power Of The Dark Side"~Darth Vader.
  • My only major issue is heroes running rampant in GA. They're too cheap

More minor issue; I'm not a fan of squad spawn generally, but given it's a thing the default spawn should be the default option
  • Laser921
    1977 posts Member
    Can we also fix the whole abilities not affecting Anakin?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    In the trailer The Tx-130T Sounds like it’s using recycled AAT blaster noises and the lasers aren’t ionized blue like most of the Clones weapons because ion based blasters are more effective against droid armies
    Pretty much my gripe is that it sounds like the separatists AAT tank when firing, and the lasers aren’t blue BECAUSE all the Clone blasters shoot blue ionized plasma, fluff wise... but it’s just more familiar that the Republic repluser tank shoots blue lasers like the AT-RT and Clone Heavy Walker
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Just a quick one this. We're currently working through our backlog and was wanted to get your insight.

If you could list your top 5 issues that you experience or quality of life changes you'd like to see, what would they be?

@F8RGE
    Only two things:

1. Reduce the maximum number of heroes in Galactic Assault by 2 and make them cost 6000BP.
    2. Add to the game presets for starcards like in battlefront 1, I would appreciate this quality of life change because I often change my starcards based on the situation I’m in.
  • Passive health regeneration needs to be added. This dovetails with Laser921’s post about “burst damage”. There’s nothing more aggravating than getting knocked down to almost nothing by burst damage, winning the duel anyway, but your health is now capped in the 200’s. Your full health should slowly regenerate over time if you’re skilled enough to avoid taking any more damage.
  • Laser921
    1977 posts Member
    Passive health regeneration needs to be added. This dovetails with Laser921’s post about “burst damage”. There’s nothing more aggravating than getting knocked down to almost nothing by burst damage, winning the duel anyway, but your health is now capped in the 200’s. Your full health should slowly regenerate over time if you’re skilled enough to avoid taking any more damage.

Id also say button mashing is at play
  • STATS and Match-making:
    ... if you have any amount of quality time with this game... very frustrating to be placed on teams with no clue about the layout of the map, purpose of objectives, when and what Hero to bring to the zone [STATs could fix some sadness]
    *** Example Matchmaking: 3 blasters are better than 1 [squad spawning - to advance your team deeper into the jungle] - is a pointless feature when the squad-mate is Not Available the second the 'spawn timer' runs out. And this happens all the time / every freakin' day *** Level 0 players need the 'squad spawn', Level 500 players need STATs
    Get matched with ppl in a bucket of hot mess = can't use their 'spawn point' to help the hot mess = bigger hot mess followed by a rage-quitting-stormy-mess
  • Ultras
    44 posts Member
    edited June 23
    The 41st Scout Battalion Skin is not accurate, it needs a tweet! yfclhgdb9g4c.png
    s7bh0ulhqcz3.png
  • Alex64
    7432 posts Member
    Ultras wrote: »
    The 41st Scout Battalion Skin is not accurate, it needs a tweet! yfclhgdb9g4c.png
    s7bh0ulhqcz3.png

It looks like a Cheap cosplay
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • major1
    3 posts Member
    edited June 23
    1. No ability to switch Teams!
    2. No ability to select Maps!
    THESE ARE THE REAL ISSUES!
    • In Capital Supremacy the LAAT cannons make the incorrect sound when firing on Separatist Dreadnaught (cutscene). The MMT cannon sound effect has been reused. Also, LAAT cannons fire consecutively not simultaneously.
    • Friendly vehicles sometimes cause the minimap radar to show red.
    • There is always a small but noticeable delay when spawning in as an ARC Trooper.
    • ARC Trooper dual DC-17 pistols fire 11 shots short. The ARC Trooper can only fire a total of 29 shots before the pistols overheat, but the Officer/Aerial with a single DC-17 pistol can fire a total of 20 shots.
    • Gender restrictions. Bring back the Battlefront (2015) customisation for the Empire, Rebels and Resistance.
    • Lobby lucky dip. Show the players in a lobby before loading the map; again like in Battlefront (2015). Loading takes too long to justify loading first.
    • The Daily Crate. Remove it and just give us the 500 credits automatically.
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • Laser921
    1977 posts Member
    Rebel and Empire skins, plus skins for Luke are needed;

Rebel Marines from Rogue One would be cool to see. SCAR troopers from the comics, and Bespin, Dagobah, and Black Robes from LT just to name a few. Id be perfectly happy with a Rogue One themed Season, Clone Wars has gotten enough for a while
  • HvV is an utter mess, please revert it back to the old mode.
    It's just full of spam swinging and 4v1 with poor teamwork, at least in the old mode you had to work as a team.
  • Maul can lose parts of his cloth, and also his saber, but can still destroy Leia and Anakin:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    BUGs? No, never heard of
  • Fix all your bugs and glitches, it’s like after this game was updated this month, some bugs and glitches are getting worse. Like after luke dies he still keeps hitting you. Also fix that lightsaber hit problem, I’m tired of it, It looks like i hit them but it doesn’t
  • my game is incredibly laggy! for me the inconsistencies with abilities are due to lag i.e characters freezing mid-game, animations/abilities jumping and or freezing etc. Is it just me and my internet?
  • Laser921
    1977 posts Member
    If you bring back heroes unleashed, something needs to be done with the button mashing. Two swings of a lightsaber should not kill a hero
  • greedo1980
    713 posts Member
    edited June 24
    Bring back Hands from 2015

Could extraction also be rolled out to more maps?
  • I made a longer and more detailed post but for some reason it wouldn't post and then got deleted when the page reloaded :( so here's the short version:
    1: Issue- stop the saber lock (ie: being teleported back to original place after dodging or jumping away from an attacker)
    2: Quality of Life- make it so you can change skins during a game in Arcade mode, at the moment you have to quit out and change it in the collection menu
    3: Issue- Passionate Strike needs an animation speed up, at the moment there is ample time to use an ability eg: Kylo's freeze, Vader's choke, to interrupt the ability
    4: Quality of Life- 1st person option for reinforcements (and maybe hero's?) at the moment you are locked in 3rd person, would be nice if we had the option (I prefer 1st person for blasters but that's just me)
    5:Issue- Grievous' bugged abilities. Mostly thrust surge but claw rush can freeze at times, but thrust surge rarely hits anything, ever. A possible solution would be to limit the range of the leap to just a few meters and maybe increase the damage to compensate for the decreased range.

Nice to see the dev's are listening, keep up the great work!
  • 1. Anakin Buff. Plz.
    2. Vader choke exploit removal. It makes being Vader stupid easy.
    3. Sabers stunning you in pace making you unable to use your abilities.
    4. Make Heroes much more powerful. Double health but increase cost
    5. Vehicles are stupid op.
  • QoL request:
    Please let us choose the character that’s displayed in the home screen.
    The buzzing of the lightsabers every time is a real annoyance.

I cannot Stress this enough, some of us don’t care for the heroes.
    At all.

• 1. New maps, weapons, new skins for all characters including heroes
    2. Fix any hero star cards and bugs, Vader fueling rage has been broken since launch, Luke force powers hit and miss etc...I think Grevious is worthless in GA too slow saber swing, honestly sith trained should give him different animation attacks that are faster if he is to suffer 40% stamina
    3. Rubber banning primarly with saber combat
    4. Nerf yoda and Finns ability to health buff entire team. It’s overkill if both of them are in game.
    5. As always appreciate the vital communication and dedication into reviving this game to maximum pure awesomeness
  • LexRage
    113 posts Member
    new skins for all characters including heroes
    This is weird that Luke, aka the original hero, only has 2 skins
  • 1. After year and a half we still have 4 blasters per class. Some blasters you can only use in campaign.
    2. Bossk relby v10 and chewie bowcaster are really bad against troopers
    3. Some star cars are very useless, most of which are phasma star cards
    4. Heroes starfighter are very unbalanced
    5. GA geonosis is very unbalanced map
  • Cactus_Jack_878
    14 posts Member
    edited June 24
    Thanks for asking! I play this game every day, and it has remained one of my favorite games for the past two years. I would LOVE to see it get even better with fixes and additional content.

1. Starfighter Assault content. Gonna throw this out there to start off with, because the lack of new SA ships or maps is so very sad, especially considering this is my favorite game mode by far.

2. I love the character skins, as long as the more important things are being addressed as well, such as basic game balance. More skins would be a very welcome addition.

3. I know it only takes 10 seconds, but I am so tired of clicking on that daily 500 credits crate. I know I'm in the minority in that I miss the old crate/RNG system, but it made the game more exciting for me. Throw something new in the crates other than credits, such as the off-chance of rare skins or a few crystals.

4. 1v1 lightsaber duels! I enjoy the 2v2 mode for the most part, but you can still just team up with your partner and spam until you win. I would love some kind of ranked or private 1v1 mode where friends can show off their skills, or players could climb up a leaderboard by showing who is the best duelist of all.

5. Again, PLEASE...more SFA content. This game mode is shockingly ignored, yet it has remained the most balanced, fun and trustworthy mode of the whole game for so long. A few new hero ships (Hound's Tooth, IG-2000, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, Little Ani's Naboo Starfighter, where he shouts, "Now THIS is podracing" every time he completes an objective), maybe a few new fighters (basic Naboo starfighter, B-Wing, tri-fighter, those stupid bomber things from Last Jedi) and at least one more map would be something I would gladly pay for, if given the option.

Please take these suggestions and listen to Palpy's advice:

IncredibleOrganicBug-mobile.jpg
  • when will we get the right version of the millenium falcon on kessel ????? it's suppose to be lando's, not han's. i saw many post last year about that mistake.
  • 1. Lightsaber combat improvements
    2. Lightsaber blocking consistency
    3. Force power deployment consistency
    4. No force power stacking to prevent ragdolling
    5. Bespin luke skin
    6. Rogue One content
    7. Remove Boba's in-air recovery
  • More excursion maps,
    More galactic assault maps and modes.
    More guns and star cards,
    More vehicle options in cs
    And just make the game work well consistently, and an explanation of the momentum system.
  • Billkwando
    1878 posts Member
    edited June 24
    5:Issue- Grievous' bugged abilities. Mostly thrust surge but claw rush can freeze at times, but thrust surge rarely hits anything, ever. A possible solution would be to limit the range of the leap to just a few meters and maybe increase the damage to compensate for the decreased range.

Shortening the range is a terrible idea, imo. In my experience, the only time Thrust Surge fails is when the target is dead or suddenly unreachable (behind an obstacle/wall). Again, in my experience, I try not to do it when I can see the guy is about to die, so it's not wasted. It's not the game's fault if the person you're aiming at dies while you're in mid flight, but it should stop the thrust if they die, instead of Roboballerina.

skincarver wrote: »
    QoL request:
    Please let us choose the character that’s displayed in the home screen.
    The buzzing of the lightsabers every time is a real annoyance.

I think they have improved it a bit so the sabers in the menu aren't as loud, but I wouldn't mind if they were quieter, or faded to a lower volume after a few seconds. Sometimes I'll be trying to do something IRL, for a minute, and the lightsabers buzzing in the background will start to slowly drive me insane, until I notice that's what's been bugging me, and mute the TV.

Fix any hero star cards and bugs, Luke force powers hit and miss etc...

Yes, Luke's moves miss/whiff way too much....worse when he's being hit, but sometimes nobody's touching him and the moves still don't work. You'll push 3 guys, none of whom are blocking, and nothing happens.

They seem to have a lower priority to everyone else's, especially Maul's choke throw. Maul can do his choke animation AFTER Luke and cancel Luke's push and throw him. That is uncool.

LexRage wrote: »
    new skins for all characters including heroes
    This is weird that Luke, aka the original hero, only has 2 skins

That is also most uncool. Really only one skin, if you don't count the default.

4. 1v1 lightsaber duels! I enjoy the 2v2 mode for the most part, but you can still just team up with your partner and spam until you win. I would love some kind of ranked or private 1v1 mode where friends can show off their skills, or players could climb up a leaderboard by showing who is the best duelist of all.

5. Again, PLEASE...more SFA content. This game mode is shockingly ignored, yet it has remained the most balanced, fun and trustworthy mode of the whole game for so long. A few new hero ships (Hound's Tooth, IG-2000, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, Little Ani's Naboo Starfighter, where he shouts, "Now THIS is podracing" every time he completes an objective), maybe a few new fighters (basic Naboo starfighter, B-Wing, tri-fighter, those stupid bomber things from Last Jedi) and at least one more map would be something I would gladly pay for, if given the option.

Neither of these will ever happen, but it would be so awesome if they did!

7. Remove Boba's in-air recovery

Agreed. He is an immortal gnat now, especially if the player isn't a total noob. He doesn't even require skill now, because everybody knows he's basically impossible to kill, since he can't be knocked down, and can just fly out of range when he's low on fuel.....so they often don't even try to go after him.

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Yanks28th
    144 posts Member
    edited June 24
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Just a quick one this. We're currently working through our backlog and was wanted to get your insight.

If you could list your top 5 issues that you experience or quality of life changes you'd like to see, what would they be?

1. Far and away, it would be to see Heroes Unleashed become its own permanent mode. It is the best multiplayer experience I've ever had, and I love the dramatic rise in the challenge of playing a hero when you have to contend not only with ATTs, Wookies, etc., but also 8 heroes on the other side. Short of that, I hope you make it at least a monthly event. I think it was a ton of fun before, but now that the balancing has gotten so much better and now that we have an improved (skill wise) player base, it was perfect.

2. I'd really like to see the era lock removed from CS for heroes. I get bored playing the same 4 heroes, and far more significantly I get bored playing against the same 4 opponents. Having to deal with Han or Bobba could change the whole play style for the team in certain situations. Now I don't know where the wider community stands on this, especially beyond the confines of the forum, but I know that I would play CS twice, or maybe three times as much if this changed

3. Han is a total blast to play, but his sharpshooter is so hard to use because he stands still. We've seen blaster heroes be at a pretty large disadvantage relative to light saber heroes recently, so I think a few, minor to medium boost may be in order. I'd let Han move faster, or ideally at a normal pace with sharpshooter, even if it means a slight reduction in damage. I'd also love to see a boost for Finn to return him to his former, albeit short lived, to be more in lighn with the now higher strength of heroes relative to launch

4. I put this 4th (and the next one 5th) because Im not sure if this is what you are looking for here, but love to see some new maps. I think the block by block city combat in Theed was a unique and incredibly fun experience, and I would love to see another city battlefield. Along the clone wars theme Corruscent is a great option, but you can do another sequel trilogy map with Canto Bight (The casino planet, which I think is almost perfect for Battlefront), or maybe Jedha from Rouge One for the OT era. All three would provide city combat, but with a radically different feel and design then Theed or anything else in the game, so I think they are tremendous options.
    5. It would be great to see to see some non-light saber heroes be added in, as much as I enjoy the recent content. The one real struggle you get particularly on the light side with the blaster heroes is that they are so much slower/have a much weaker jump that they typically in bad shape in many parts of the map against light saber heroes. I would love to see a new hero that has the capacity to move at a much faster pace. It would be fun to see someone be able to zoom across the battlefield while staying on the ground. Maybe it could be like Cad Bane with rocket boots
  • 1) We need more appearances. You have microtransactions yet you don't know how to profit off them. Adding new canon appearances for Luke, Maul, Han, Leia, Anakin, etc. would help that happen and make us dedicated players happy as well since we have tons of credits that we don't know what to spend on.
    2) Fix Grievous. His thrust surge is still glitchy and makes him twirl around like a ballerina. Also his claw rush still gets glitched and he can't move at all. Making him an easy target for any blaster hero.
    3) Buff Obi-Wan. His mind trick is good, his defensive rush is useless and can't block explosives or force powers. Explosives I understand but he should have the same blocking potential as a regular block to avoid force abilities. Also please make him run faster with it so he can cover more distance as well. His force push needs the same defense as Anakin's heroic might too where he can't be stunned or knocked down during it. Makes the ability useless a lot of the time.
    4) Add Mace Windu as playable hero. He has traits from his canon history to make him a viable and different hero, aside from the purple lightsaber.
    5) Add more maps. You can pull maps from 2015 battlefront or from the campaign in battlefront 2. We will not hate you or think you are lazy for that. We just really need some more maps to play on.
  • Billkwando
    1878 posts Member
    edited June 24
    4) Add Mace Windu as playable hero. He has traits from his canon history to make him a viable and different hero, aside from the purple lightsaber.

I would love to see him as the last PT era hero, and then be done with PT for the remainder of the game's life.

We know ST will be covered because of the upcoming movie, so I think I speak for many of us when I say it's time for more OT content, starting with some Luke skins, please. :)

I've had enough with the CW stuff to last me a lifetime.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• MoiisJuan wrote: »
    Fix all your bugs and glitches, it’s like after this game was updated this month, some bugs and glitches are getting worse. Like after luke dies he still keeps hitting you. Also fix that lightsaber hit problem, I’m tired of it, It looks like i hit them but it doesn’t

Luke attacking after dead? You mean that Day 1 BUG which was never fixed? Like in here:

Luke's View:
    giphy.gif
    Vader's View
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    BUGs? No, never heard of
  • My top issues -

1Hit and block detection on heroes
    2Reticles on guns - they should all have center for while hipfiring - or at least option to turn one on
    3 Weapon cool down times - these should all be short to keep you in the action
    4 dead lobbies
    5 private matches would be fun for strike, HvV, and Blast game modes.
    6 roll regeneration and health regen should be the same for all troopers - make this FAST.
  • 1) Better matchmaking. This problem becomes more apparent in smaller game modes such as HvV where 75% of the time you're either wreaking the enemy team or you're the one getting wrecked. A possible solution is to mix up the teams for the next round of if the dominating team meets certain criteria (opposing team tickets run out quickly, objective are captured in a speedy matter, there is a large point/kills/deaths difference between the two teams, etc)

2) More weapons. It as been almost a year and a half since this game launched and there have been zero new weapons added for the classes. It is a shooter game after all.

3) More large-scale maps. There have been only 2 (two) large scale maps added to this game since launch (Crait and Geonosis). A good idea would be importing maps from Battlefront 2015 and the campaign. Some good maps to import include SoroSuub Centroplex, Cloud City, and Landing Pad 13 from Battlefront 2015, and Vardos, Pillio, and Jakku from the campaign.

4) New content. Clone Wars content is really great, and it helped revive the popularity of this game, however the other eras shouldn't be neglected, given that The Rise of Skywalker is comming out soon

5) Stats page. Most shooter games have them, and players knowing infomation such as k/d ratio and win/loss ratio can help players give them the drive to improve.
    My favorite Yoda quote:
    9mc3fxm0jh9n.gif
  • Give us a Hayden Christensen skin for Anakin
  • Billkwando
    1878 posts Member
    1) Better matchmaking. This problem becomes more apparent in smaller game modes such as HvV where 75% of the time you're either wreaking the enemy team or you're the one getting wrecked. A possible solution is to mix up the teams for the next round of if the dominating team meets certain criteria (opposing team tickets run out quickly, objective are captured in a speedy matter, there is a large point/kills/deaths difference between the two teams, etc)

2) More weapons. It as been almost a year and a half since this game launched and there have been zero new weapons added for the classes. It is a shooter game after all.

3) More large-scale maps. There have been only 2 (two) large scale maps added to this game since launch (Crait and Geonosis). A good idea would be importing maps from Battlefront 2015 and the campaign. Some good maps to import include SoroSuub Centroplex, Cloud City, and Landing Pad 13 from Battlefront 2015, and Vardos, Pillio, and Jakku from the campaign.

4) New content. Clone Wars content is really great, and it helped revive the popularity of this game, however the other eras shouldn't be neglected, given that The Rise of Skywalker is comming out soon

5) Stats page. Most shooter games have them, and players knowing infomation such as k/d ratio and win/loss ratio can help players give them the drive to improve.

Welcome to the forum! Good first post! :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando
    1878 posts Member
    Give us a Hayden Christensen skin for Anakin

That Matt Lanter skin not doing it for you? :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• hosco33
    218 posts Member
    It's a shame people don't understand the difference between issues and desired features, then, polluting this post and distracting devs attention.

Without the severe issues the game has, it would be so damned addictive, nor even marihuana traders would have more control over our minds, time and money.

There are so many issues, but you should focus only on the most important ones and people must understand that to allow you to work. Next are the 3 issues I consider critical since they discourage me to spend time on the game these days, please note collecting videos is time consuming and I don't enjoy it, but I do want the game to be cool:

1) Damage inconsistency.

I have reported, with evidence, a couple of times the things I feel unfair when playing on PVP (hence, so far my only hope is PVE to impress me so I don't totally quit):

1.1: most recent report
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/140242/please-nerf-finn

1.2: another report

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/139609/fix-bugs-before-adding-new-content

These are just examples of what happens to me all the time since I started playing the game, to me, these are not edge cases, but the constant experience. Next are some more examples:

1.3 Another example EL 16HFE OneShotKill
    Here neither the system knew where the shot came from:

1.4 Joda's saber strike 500 health points damage

1.5 Leia had rockets fro breakfast and couldn't careless, no damage at all:

To me, this is the most important issue, it happens across all game modes, sabers, infantry, (I don't even play starfighters because of this, and I'm fan of starships).

2) Saber combat. Quoting @UhOhItsJus because it must be emphasized (and I also thank you for the initiative):

UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    Thank you for the opportunity @F8RGE .

1) lightsaber combat (saber lock, hit detection, saber magnetism, blocking fails and the “falling” status when stepping on a 1 inch tree root, mini delay between dodging and blocking where you are vulnerable to damage, being hit by a saber on the ground when you’re 6 meters in the air.)

Next are some evidences of how broken the hit box is (I even have evidence of blasters, but let's focus on sabers):

Anakin strike reaches enemies no matter how far or high they jump:

Rey's charge hits Maul even when it's obvious he shouldn't:

3) Force abilities

2) abilities still failing numerously (kylo frenzy, grievous thrust surge ballerina dance, palpating zapping thru blocks, yodas push, etc.)

I have some few examples. Some people in the forum had suggested rolling/dashing might be the reason of missing abilities, but I disagree.

For instance, Dooku was possibly immune to Luke's charge due to dashing:

But in next video Anakin was striking and didn't perceive the effect of Maul's push:

In next video, Phasma was immune to Luke's push while rolling:

But in next video, Iden's roll was interrupted in the middle by Anakins retribution:

It becomes worse when you notice in certain matches that opponents are always immune and their abilities always win over yours, but it's up to you if you want to figure out if there are exploiters messing your game up.

To me, these are the most important bugs, although I agree with the other points UhOhltsJus mentions; spawning force you to run a lot and that's boring, if in top of that you have to wait several seconds, it's irritating... (but wouldn't be if you fix errors above and hence once does not die that quickly and easily):

3) spawn timer should be lowered overall and should be instant spawn when choosing “default” option

4) “default” spawn option should be first option all the way to the left.

5) aim drift on Xbox. Try to turn slightly to one side and it makes you do a full 180+ degree turn against your will
  • hosco33
    218 posts Member
    Fix to "Phasma rolling immunity" video that was wrongly shortened in my original post and not visible:

• RogueNineNunb
    75 posts Member
    edited June 24
    @hosco33
    I agree with you. It's unbelievable that some people really think one of the top issues with this game is lack of features. The dev team may be slow to deliver content, but as you play theiur game, the other issues become so massive, it's impossible not to remember as many as necessary to bring here to complain about. Matchmaking, Empty Lobbies, Premades, Server Issues, BUGs, so many pop to mind.

But I wish to take a closer look on your post because somethings may be deceiving to one who hasn't been suffering so much for so long with BUGs and issues on this game. I'll try to bring some light to the issues you complained about, and maybe they'll be more bearable to you:

1st Video: you had a lag spike in the exact moment you get killed. Hard to reach any conclusions if you had a lag spike.

2nd Video: You were probably damaged by different sources at the same time, and the damage indicator does suggest that showing 2 arrows. Of course only one source of damage can be your killer, so it showed just Yoda. It was probably Anakin's Heroic Might as we can see a blue saber in the right as you die.

3rd Video: You missed. Boba's rockets have a very thin hitbox. Trying to hit the body of a target is too risky. Every good Boba player saves rockets to use while flying or in the high ground, so they can aim on the ground where the enemy is, which means the rockets will damage the targets even if they fail to hit their bodies, as hitting the ground just beneath them will deal the same damage as if it had directly hit them. I'm not a good Boba Player, but I've faced many good Boba's, and they all do that. I never encountered a good Boba that didn't do this.

4th Video: Lag. Server has to solve disputes. While you were already in the air on your game, on Anakin's game he hit you before you jumped. The server acknowledged he really did it first, and solves this issue on your client by simply killing you. I deal with this constantly since launch, you have to get used to it.

5th Video: Don't ask for her Dash Strike to have a smaller hitbox. She bumps off stuff. If her hit box for Dash Strike gets lowered, she'll hardly ever be able to hit while not bumping into the enemy, and she's supposed to get many enemies in one dash strike of done correctly.

6th Video: Yes, Luke's Repulse has connection issues, as many other force powers as well. It got slightly improved recently, but it's still in the game and happens frequently.

7th Video: Either Your Choke Hold got cancelled, or Anakin's got too close for it to hit him, these are 2 known issues. Abilities can get their effects cancelled after activation, despite they entewring cooldown and animations playing. And targets really near you sometimes avoid the hit detection of AoE moves you use.

8th Video: Yes, Luke's Push can bew avoided by a well timed dodge, this is intended behavior.

9th Video: Yes, Anakin's Retribution has a hit detection time window large enough to get a character trying to roll away. It'll either catch you before doing it, or just as you're finishing it.

giphy.gif
    BUGs? No, never heard of
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    1. OP, over-amp'd - hero abilities for which there are no possible defenses -
      • Darth Vader's saber throw (he could toss it from Earth and hit something on Mars). - Cheater.
      • Palpatine's Chain lightning permeating solid materials. Cheater.
      • Chewie's & Han's shoulder charges. In the vicinity? boom - you're taking damage whether you rolled away or not. Cheater.
      • Leia's shot tracking(!!) - if nothing else damage should be reduced over distance, but it's not. Nor is there any way to dodge this fire. Totally Cheater.
      • Bossk's Rebley-V10 -- totally over-amped. Needs a huge nerf. Cheater.
      • Yoda's mobility. The Little. Green. Thing. moves faster than my daughter can change the channels on the car radio!! What is up with that? Cheater.
      • Boba Fett - either tone down his jet-pack ability or his aim for rockets. Current settings = Cheater. He's too good.
      -- just because Heroes & Villains are highlighted, special characters does not mean they should be a.) Impossible to kill and b.) Given Over-Powered God-like abilities. That is just very poor Game Design.
    2. Auto-aim for saber-strikes. Completely Cheater. I have to aim my own Melee swings. Why are Heroes & Villains & Infiltrators given a HUGE CPU ASSIST with aim for their saber swings??? Completely Cheater.
    3. CS really needs star fighters. It's hard to believe this was left out of CS design. GA is far more entertaining with all 3 elements in play (base-4 players, vehicles, star fighters). CS is just repetitively boring... .
    4. Both CS and GA suffer from poor Game Design. Neither accommodate mixing of Base-4 class players, Aerials, Infiltrators, & Heroes. The games need to provide separate tracks (with separate Objectives ⇐ this is key!! ) for Aerials, Infiltrators, & Heroes to pursue ( think of the battle of Naboo in The Phantom Menace, each battlefront had relatively equal opponents and goals to achieve - each objective tied in to the others' objectives / goals ). Base-4 players could OPT to enter in and assist Heroes, Aerials, Infiltrators with their objectives, but not visa-versa. Heroes need to be heroic. Give them a heroic objective to accomplish; not stuffing up juggernauts or palace hallways or other confined spaces, racking up endless kill-streaks of base-4 players. There is nothing heroic about that at all. HvV currently suffers because of the utter lack of an objective as well (other than to obliterate the other side). A Heroic/Infiltrator/Aerial side-track of Objectives needs to be added to all CS/GA episodes (SA as well).
    5. Defensive rolling needs to be replenished. Base-4 grunts with skill / no-skill are culled all-the-same by the saber-lords and their auto-aim saber strikes. Put some sense of skill back in to the game, for once...!!

Lol. « Heroes are cheater! » i love moaners they always have something to cry for... :smiley:
  • Fix Speeder fluidity. It's really ridiculously hard to aim with it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!