criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Jango Fett Must Be the Next Blaster Hero Priority to Add!

Prev1
David1543
536 posts Member
edited June 22
An elegant and daunting figure to bring some variation from sabers. This requested bounty hunter is certainly more deserving of a spot in this game more than Cad Bane. His jetpack is not an excuse for excluding him, It could be designed to have a more limited function than Boba's in some way or simply create a system where one of them gets grayed out from the selection screen when the other one gets picked. Dice, If you are ever going to add another PT blaster hero, bring him to the game!

0vjtpwkv7hc4.png

Post edited by David1543 on

Replies

• lowell
    1652 posts Member
    If Jango comes before a Light Side jet pack or aerial-related hero comes to counter Boba, that's basically double-dipping.
  • Did he have a purple lightsaber?
  • Think outside the box, his jetpack could be merely an ability you activate after a X amount of kills for a considerably less amount of durability than Boba Fett or instead his flying could be part a 10 sec ability move where he fires rockets from his jetpack while in the air. Any ability associated to his jetpack could also have one of the longest cooldowns in the game.

What this ultimately translates to is that even though is Jetpack would play a role you would not see him flying a whole lot like you're used to see Boba. His play style could be predominantly centered on the ground.

But as a last but unfavorable resort he could just be grayed out in any mode whenever Boba Fett gets picked for balance's sake. Of course this is not necessary if his design is thought out well.

I feel most of you did not read anything from my post outside of the words "Jango Fett" and are are assuming I want two unbalanced jetpack heros flying around simultaneously in the battlefront. It's fine to be in favor of your own your preferable heroes but I hope you all understand how my ideas are feasible ways to eliminate his jetpack from being a treat in worsening the balance in the game.
  • Did he have a purple lightsaber?

I'd love Mace, It would be perfect to have him come in pair with Jango.
  • OcDoc
    1988 posts Member
    David1543 wrote: »
    Did he have a purple lightsaber?

I'd love Mace, It would be perfect to have him come in pair with Jango.

Yes! I could definitely get behind that.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    We need mace and savage
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    Hesha wrote: »
    We need mace and savage

Do we really need two more saber heroes added next? I'd be fine with a top movie character like mace because naturally his counter should be the bounty hunter instead of some cartoon saber character he never fought. I personally always wanted Jango, particularly at this time now that the devs developed dual wielding pistols. Not adding him because he was replaced by a cartoon would be a huge wasted opportunity.

If we're saying non-film Star Wars characters are silly, then probably giving Mace a jetpack to be a light side counter to Jango wouldn't be a bad idea.

After all, we have had jetpack Jedis before.

470kymh1nunj.png

d4ba883e14cd6de22d2fcc505a3da95bb143991f_hq.jpg

4f4f26980729da5c31a344dbd5e78e0f294d21b9v2_hq.jpg

Or Leia could be Boba's counter:

maxresdefault.jpg

I might be willing to consider giving all heroes (even Anakin) and types of troopers (including enforcers and reinforcements) aerial abilities if you don't think it's silly.
  • lowell wrote: »
    We need mace and savage

Do we really need two more saber heroes added next? I'd be fine with a top movie character like mace because naturally his counter should be the bounty hunter instead of some cartoon saber character he never fought. I personally always wanted Jango, particularly at this time now that the devs developed dual wielding pistols. Not adding him because he was replaced by a cartoon would be a huge wasted opportunity.

If we're saying non-film Star Wars characters are silly, then probably giving Mace a jetpack to be a light side counter to Jango wouldn't be a bad idea.

470kymh1nunj.png

maxresdefault.jpg

I might be willing to consider giving all heroes (even Anakin) and types of troopers (including enforcers and reinforcements) aerial abilities if you don't think it's silly.

You make no sense, all of these cancerous pictures are from cartoons. If cartoons make no sense then why are you suggesting that jedis with jetpacks, which were never seen in any of the films, are something I would want to see?

Jango with the right balanced design would not even need a flying lightside hero to counter him. How many time do I have to say?
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    We need mace and savage

470kymh1nunj.png

maxresdefault.jpg

You make no sense, all of these cancerous pictures are from cartoons. If cartoons make no sense then why are you suggesting that jedis with jetpacks, which were never seen in any of the films, are something I would want to see?

Jango with the right balanced design would not even need a flying lightside hero to counter him. How many time do I have to say?

The last one's not from an animated series. I don't mind Leia using her force powers to fly and take on Boba in the air.
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    We need mace and savage

470kymh1nunj.png

maxresdefault.jpg

The last one's not from an animated series. I don't mind Leia using her force powers to fly and take on Boba in the air.

Only time we saw a ridiculous occurance like that was in Disney's fan fiction and parody of a Starwars movie called TLJ. Never happened in canon for me or anybody else with a shred of sanity and respect for the franchise.

I'm just wondering how much Luke got around to train Leia because if she barely got any of it, TLJ basically showed her untapped potential as a Jedi in the canon.
  • Just make Jango a legendary skin for Boba which changes his gun and appearance.

This solves the 2 jetpack problem
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Enzyoo
    263 posts Member
    We need mace and savage

470kymh1nunj.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Only time we saw a ridiculous occurance like that was in Disney's fan fiction and parody of a Starwars movie called TLJ. Never happened in canon for me or anybody else with a shred of sanity and respect for the franchise.

So true.
    -
    Jango should have been in the game since launch, as a replacement option for Boba with a whole different playstyle. If they are focusing PT content, why are they ignoring the most iconic bounty hunter of that era?

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Enzyoo
    263 posts Member
    We need mace and savage

470kymh1nunj.png

maxresdefault.jpg

So true.
    -
    Jango should have been in the game since launch, as a replacement option for Boba. If they are focusing PT content, why have they not added the most iconic bounty hunter of that era? And why are they only focusing saber heroes and making this game more unbalanced?

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Ventress, Ahsoka, Krennic and Jyn need to be the last 4 heroes to make it to the game and then that's it. From there, devs just need to focus on polishing off / improving the heroes in the game as there's no need for any more - the essentials will have been covered.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Ventress, Ahsoka, Krennic and Jyn need to be the last 4 heroes to make it to the game and then that's it. From there, devs just need to focus on polishing off / improving the heroes in the game as there's no need for any more - the essentials will have been covered.

All forgettable characters you mentioned there in my opinion. Mace, Quigon, Padme, Jango, Greedo and even Jar Jar are far more iconic in my opinion. They all take the front sit before cartoons and undeveloped characters are even to be considered.

Forgettable? You've got some RO rewatching to do my man.

I personally don't care about Ahsoka and Ventress but Ahsoka is hugely popular and Ventress is the ideal counter to her so it makes sense they're both coming. And any content is good content.

Padme is just a boring version of Leia, Cad Bane is just a B-grade Jango, Cap Rex is just a Clone Trooper, Greedo and Nien are already in the game as a skin for Assault and Officer, Dangar is simply mediocre and Jar Jar is just a joke. Dev time shouldn't be wasted on these.

Mace and Qui-gon are awesome but just don't see how devs would create two more saber heroes that would stand out, and there's already enough saber lords.

Jango is also awesome but we've already got Boba.

Krennic and Jyn are the ideal next blaster hero pair.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • lowell
    1652 posts Member
    Ventress, Ahsoka, Krennic and Jyn need to be the last 4 heroes to make it to the game and then that's it. From there, devs just need to focus on polishing off / improving the heroes in the game as there's no need for any more - the essentials will have been covered.

All forgettable characters you mentioned there in my opinion. Mace, Quigon, Padme, Jango, Greedo and even Jar Jar are far more iconic in my opinion. They all take the front sit before cartoons and undeveloped characters are even to be considered.

I'd rather have Beckett over Greedo because either way Han shot first but the former has more screen time than the latter and has considerable character development over the course of Solo and that doesn't even include Greedo's appearances in TCW.

I personally don't care about Ahsoka and Ventress but Ahsoka is hugely popular and Ventress is the ideal counter to her so it makes sense they're both coming. And any content is good content.

Padme is just a boring version of Leia, Cad Bane is just a B-grade Jango, Cap Rex is just a Clone Trooper, Greedo and Nien are already in the game as a skin for Assault and Officer, Dangar is simply mediocre and Jar Jar is just a joke. Dev time shouldn't be wasted on these.

Mace and Qui-gon are awesome but just don't see how devs would create two more saber heroes that would stand out, and there's already enough saber lords.

That's just your opinion. I'd say you got some prequel rewatching to do if you think anything Disney have done comes even remotely close to the brilliance of George Lucas. Padme is a very different individual from Leia and I like her character. Background characters with little screen time like Greedo are far more Iconic than Jyn. I don't see why adding Greedo and Nien Numb to the game is a problem just because there are infantry that are the same of their species. Was that an issue people complained about with the last game? Jar Jar is not any less of a joke than the entire cast of the new trilogy.

Qui Gon and Mace could be just as unique to the game as Jango if they get creative, and they are all memorable and loved by many people. I and many others created great concepts for Jango and saying that he will be just another Boba is ignorant at this point.

I take anything from the 6 films before cartoons or Disney.

• Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    edited June 20
    Nah, last thing the villain team needs right now is 2 jetpack characters. Even with the target system gone, jetpacks are still a major annoyance in HvV. A good Boba can survive almost indefinitely right now, especially if everyone is playing saber heroes, which is quite common in random matchmade teams. Maybe if the hero team got a jetpack character of their own, like Sabine, a jetpack wearing Rex, or Dash Rendar, it wouldn't be so bad to have both Boba and Jango, but as it stands now, no way. I was for the idea of adding Jango a year ago when I made my Padme/Jango concept below, but now I'd rather they pair Padme with Aurra Sing, or a Cad Bane that can hover with his jet boots to move faster but not actually fly.

You're assuming they’d play the same, chances are Dice would make Jango a unique playing experience rather than risk being called out for doing a Boba copy and paste job.

I imagine he’d function more like an aerial with ARC trooper pistols myself.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Nah, last thing the villain team needs right now is 2 jetpack characters. Even with the target system gone, jetpacks are still a major annoyance in HvV. A good Boba can survive almost indefinitely right now, especially if everyone is playing saber heroes, which is quite common in random matchmade teams. Maybe if the hero team got a jetpack character of their own, like Sabine, a jetpack wearing Rex, or Dash Rendar, it wouldn't be so bad to have both Boba and Jango, but as it stands now, no way. I was for the idea of adding Jango a year ago when I made my Padme/Jango concept below, but now I'd rather they pair Padme with Aurra Sing, or a Cad Bane that can hover with his jet boots to move faster but not actually fly.

You're assuming they’d play the same, chances are Dice would make Jango a unique playing experience rather than risk being called out for doing a Boba copy and paste job.

I imagine he’d function more like an aerial with ARC trooper pistols myself.

Exactly!
  • Would love hearing from @F8RGE weather if there's any possibility of adding this character. I really don't see why not.
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    And 🎱 says- “Don’t count on it.”
    The other thing it said was, portents unclear try again later

I don’t really believe what the eight ball says other than it’s a novelty joke gift

I read that the devs were pretty much implied that they wanted Sabine Wren or Cad Bane as the next jetpackers

Sabine Wren is good with her hands she handles two pistols with ease... in the show...she might get the duel wielding as her play style if she’s added in
  • MC_XIX
    2082 posts Member
    Jango Fett and Mace Windu would be the perfect pair. Then Jyn and Krennic after that.

Jango wouldn't be too similar to Boba. Make his jetpack fly vertically, like Boba's at launch, and ensure that he has no For the Hunt type of ability to boost his fuel. He'd be fine.

Just think: his weapons could be similar to the ARC trooper - duel wield Westar-34 pistols with that AWESOME discharge noise when he fires. Give him no fine aim but a high rate of fire to discourage camping or sniping.

Ability 1: jetpack
    Ability 2: jetpack-mounted missile
    Ability 3: Flamethrower
    Ability 4: whipcord-thrower

His melee attack could utilize his hidden gauntlet blades. Make it happen DICE! :smile:
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Jango Fett and Mace Windu would be the perfect pair. Then Jyn and Krennic after that.

Jango wouldn't be too similar to Boba. Make his jetpack fly vertically, like Boba's at launch, and ensure that he has no For the Hunt type of ability to boost his fuel. He'd be fine.

Just think: his weapons could be similar to the ARC trooper - duel wield Westar-34 pistols with that AWESOME discharge noise when he fires. Give him no fine aim but a high rate of fire to discourage camping or sniping.

His melee attack could utilize his hidden gauntlet blades. Make it happen DICE! :smile:

No, bad ability ideas and wrong pair, Mace is lightsaber hero, Jango's not
  • MC_XIX
    2082 posts Member
    Rinzler5 wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »

Then let's hear your ideas, if you're so much more creative than me. My abilities are true to Jango's character. He uses all of the equipment above.

It doesn't matter if the LS has another lightsaber hero, as long as said hero is powerful and not another generic force-push Jedi. Would you prefer Padme instead of Mace? Padme would be as boring to use as Leia Organa.

Then let's hear your ideas, if you're so much more creative than me. My abilities are true to Jango's character. He uses all of the equipment above.

It doesn't matter if the LS has another lightsaber hero, as long as said hero is powerful and not another generic force-push Jedi. Would you prefer Padme instead of Mace? Padme would be as boring to use as Leia Organa.

Bro, I'm not saying that my ideas are much more creative, but Boba has 2 rocket abilities and wire would be a broken ability with these ragdoll effects, just imagine.
    Yes, Padmé is the only choice as she's a main character, but if you're saying she's not unique, check my concept of Padmé, she's unique with those abilities

That's just your opinion. I'd say you got some prequel rewatching to do if you think anything Disney have done comes even remotely close to the brilliance of George Lucas. Padme is a very different individual from Leia and I like her character. Background characters with little screen time like Greedo are far more Iconic than Jyn. I don't see why adding Greedo and Nien Numb to the game is a problem just because there are infantry that are the same of their species. Was that an issue people complained about with the last game? Jar Jar is not any less of a joke than the entire cast of the new trilogy.

Qui Gon and Mace could be just as unique to the game as Jango if they get creative, and they are all memorable and loved by many people. I and many others created great concepts for Jango and saying that he will be just another Boba is ignorant at this point.

I take anything from the 6 films before cartoons or Disney.

Some genuine prequel love, and TPM included!1abqhc1wpk4h.jpg
  • jordi1337
    1414 posts Member
    edited June 20
    nah im good with 1 jetpack *****
  • No he really shouldn't be. Boba Fett is enough. Jango Fett is lame. The other eras need some love.
  • MC_XIX
    2082 posts Member

Bro, I'm not saying that my ideas are much more creative, but Boba has 2 rocket abilities and wire would be a broken ability with these ragdoll effects, just imagine.
    Yes, Padmé is the only choice as she's a main character, but if you're saying she's not unique, check my concept of Padmé, she's unique with those abilities

You still didn't suggest any alternative abilities to my ideas. What would you add in place of a flamethrower and a warhead? Jango has a lot of equipment and skills, but a poison dart and a range finder would be disappointing in comparison to a real flamethrower.

The whipcord doesn't need to rag-doll enemies. It could have that effect, but it could also immobilise an enemy or lift them into the air and then drop them when used while Jango is flying.

Padme would only be fun if she had some sort of explosive. That's what makes Han and Iden less boring than the other blasters.

You still didn't suggest any alternative abilities to my ideas. What would you add in place of a flamethrower and a warhead? Jango has a lot of equipment and skills, but a poison dart and a range finder would be disappointing in comparison to a real flamethrower.

The whipcord doesn't need to rag-doll enemies. It could have that effect, but it could also immobilise an enemy or lift them into the air and then drop them when used while Jango is flying.

Padme would only be fun if she had some sort of explosive. That's what makes Han and Iden less boring than the other blasters.

Well then you didn't read my concept: overload, flamethrower and toxic darts, these are the only viable options for him, and it won't make Jango buggy and lame.
    Explosives are not needed for this game, I mean we have enough of it: distruptor, ion shot and some protection mark for her.
  • Boba is literally a clone of Jango. Variety is key. Pass.
  • OOM_Pilot wrote: »
    You will not get Jango :D :p

Ahsoka - Ventress a priority B)

Who?
  • Boba is literally a clone of Jango. Variety is key. Pass.

No he is not. Aside from both having jetpacks and similar armor, Jango is a close range dual wielder and his skill sets can easily be made to be very unique. His ideal play style would be mainly as a foot hero with very limited use of his jetpack in coparison to Boba. Id be fine if his "flying" was just a fast evasive horizontal lift to the air to escape danger similar to a jump trooper.
  • if we want more variety then bring Jango as a prequel hero. The separatists have nothing but one long ranged blaster hero, Jango fett would be a fresh new experience to that era. Since some people cant understand how he works different than Boba then he should be unavailable whenever Bobas in and maybe make him exclusive to prequel maps.
  • You can moan as much as you want about Django.
    But you won't get it.
    Ahsoka and Ventress are what everyone is waiting for. For two reasons.

And everyone who does not want them - they do not understand at all in force.
  • I am really looking forward to Ahsoka.
    I would say why, but no ...
  • Colin777
    646 posts Member
    Prequel shooter heroes are very dry right now with original trilogy characters filling actual prequel heroes places. GIVE US PADME AND JANGO
  • baze.
    I think you misspelled jango