criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Jango Fett Must Be the Next Blaster Hero Priority to Add!

2Next

Replies

• Colin777 wrote: »
    Prequel shooter heroes are very dry right now with original trilogy characters filling actual prequel heroes places. GIVE US PADME AND JANGO

Indeed.
  • Common @F8RGE is It really that hard to make him? You already have at least 2 of his assets, dual pistols and jetpack, just tweak them a little. How can this opportunity be missed? please let us know if there's a possibility.
  • We cannot permit that our bounty hunter is deprived from his god given spotlight in the front page just because of the influx of trivial posts taking over.
  • Rinzler5 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    An elegant and daunting figure to bring some variation from sabers. This requested bounty hunter is certainly more deserving of a spot in this game more than lame Ahsoka. His jetpack is not an excuse, It can be made to function more limited than Boba's in some way or simply create a system where one gets grayed out from the selection screen when the other one gets picked. Just bring him to the game!

0vjtpwkv7hc4.png

Bro, let's unite! Jango Fett and his rival, Padmé should come to this game first.
    The posts like yours and mine probably won't change a thing but let's hope
    Jango Grievous and Dooku are the main vilains of the prequel trilogy (palps is original)

Perseverance always pays off. If enough people are vocal about It they must at least consider It. All real Jango fans must unit in this appeal I made, this thread is our best shot to get him in the game.

Without jango the prequel villain roster can never be complete. Noone should be considered before him.
  • Rinzler5
    91 posts Member
    edited June 22
    Rinzler5 wrote: »
    An elegant and daunting figure to bring some variation from sabers. This requested bounty hunter is certainly more deserving of a spot in this game more than lame Ahsoka. His jetpack is not an excuse, It can be made to function more limited than Boba's in some way or simply create a system where one gets grayed out from the selection screen when the other one gets picked. Just bring him to the game!

0vjtpwkv7hc4.png

Bro, let's unite! Jango Fett and his rival, Padmé should come to this game first.
    The posts like yours and mine probably won't change a thing but let's hope
    Jango Grievous and Dooku are the main vilains of the prequel trilogy (palps is original)

Perseverance always pays off. If enough people are vocal about It they must at least consider It. All real Jango fans must unit in this appeal I made, this thread is our best shot to get him in the game.

Without jango the prequel villain roster can never be complete. Noone should be considered before him.

I actually thought you were trolling first lol I mean I'm not used to fans of Jango, although he's my favourite character in all of Star Wars
    Sadly, only a few people want movie accurate heroes like Jango and Padmé, every other's just want cartoon heroes
  • Our precious Jango gained a good number of fans from the last 16 years. Comics, games and other mediums also contributed greatly to his character growth in popularity and expanded on aspects that were unexplored about him. Yet he was not dependent on any of that to become a fan favorite character, his mere apparition in AOTC provided us enough information to mark him as an iconic figure of the Star wars universe.

Dual wielder, jedi killer, battled obi wan and lived to tell about It, did more and lasted longer than boba in the films, need I say more? He had a pivotal role in the prequels and not having him as a separatist character is just ridiculous.

People who want movies vs cartoons are very disputed in numbers. If you ask the community weather they want Jango or Ahsoka, Jango might lose, not necessarily because she is more popular, but because a big portion of this (battlefront) community, mainly constituted of kids, are obsessed with anything that carries a shiny saber. People will always and mindlessly favor glow sticks over blasters, but they are not a reflection of what the overall Star Wars community wants, since the other half don't even know or care for what "Clone Wars" series is. The portion that wants movie content should not be ignored.

Now compare Mace Windu Vs Ahsoka and Jango Fett Vs Cad Bane. I find very hard being convinced that the latter of these two groups would receive most votes at least in a way that we would see an significant imbalance between the votes that they receive. Unless if the poll results were to be manipulated in their favor.

Even OT purists would give Windu a vote over Ahsoka.
  • David1543
    536 posts Member
    edited June 22
    Nearly a thousand views yet so little interaction with this thread. Am I just unlucky with this one or having Jango Fett as the next PT hero doesn't interest any of you mute viewers passing by? If so we gotta get loud and show some enthusiasm.
  • Zirius
    356 posts Member
    edited June 22
    Enough about heroes! Focus needs to change on these damn troopers. Besides, one jetpack hero is enough, we don't need another annoying flier
  • Zirius wrote: »
    Enough about heroes! Focus needs to change on these damn troopers.

While I agree, It's inevitable. They are gonna end up adding heroes anyway as half this community see this as herofront.

what would be ideal is adding the last 2 main prequel blaster characters from the films, Jango and padme, and then move on. The PT is the era lacking blaster variety. So It needs them. I'd rather have them than cartoon saber characters.
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Nearly a thousand views yet so little interaction with this thread. Am I just unlucky with this one or having Jango Fett as the next PT hero doesn't interest any of you mute viewers passing by? If so we gotta get loud and show some enthusiasm.

Don't give up hope, now there are at least 3 or 4 big threads about Prequel blaster heroes, especially Jango and Padmé post.
    Only the cartoon fans are loud, because most of them are kids.
    Dice should just give in and give us what the star wars fans really want, Jango and Padme because they're the only viable choice for this game, without them, i'll always feel this game unfinished, because my favourite character, Jango is not in it.
  • having 2 jet pack villains wont be a problem the meta will simply shift from having only 1 blaster hero if any (if the Boba is actually good you need a blaster hero but only 1% of this player base is good with Boba if that) to having 2 witch will make it easier to kill them and it would honestly change the meta enough to make things fresh again.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Fligo11
    77 posts Member
    Add jango and his westar pew pew pistols and make him a ground based hero and I might actually spend my battle points on heroes in GA and CS.

I definitely think hes worth a hero slot, even though infantry need more content ASAP
  • Raices
    1425 posts Member
    Our precious Jango gained a good number of fans from the last 16 years. Comics, games and other mediums also contributed greatly to his character growth in popularity and expanded on aspects that were unexplored about him. Yet he was not dependent on any of that to become a fan favorite character, his mere apparition in AOTC provided us enough information to mark him as an iconic figure of the Star wars universe.

Dual wielder, jedi killer, battled obi wan and lived to tell about It, did more and lasted longer than boba in the films, need I say more? He had a pivotal role in the prequels and not having him as a separatist character is just ridiculous.

People who want movies vs cartoons are very disputed in numbers. If you ask the community weather they want Jango or Ahsoka, Jango might lose, not necessarily because she is more popular, but because a big portion of this (battlefront) community, mainly constituted of kids, are obsessed with anything that carries a shiny saber. People will always and mindlessly favor glow sticks over blasters, but they are not a reflection of what the overall Star Wars community wants, since the other half don't even know or care for what "Clone Wars" series is. The portion that wants movie content should not be ignored.

Now compare Mace Windu Vs Ahsoka and Jango Fett Vs Cad Bane. I find very hard being convinced that the latter of these two groups would receive most votes at least in a way that we would see an significant imbalance between the votes that they receive. Unless if the poll results were to be manipulated in their favor.

Even OT purists would give Windu a vote over Ahsoka.

100%
  • Jimmy89
    161 posts Member
    No he really shouldn't be. Boba Fett is enough. Jango Fett is lame. The other eras need some love.

Jango fett is awesome. Did Boba Fett get is own video game?
  • Jimmy89 wrote: »
    No he really shouldn't be. Boba Fett is enough. Jango Fett is lame. The other eras need some love.

They could've done a bounty hunter 2 with boba fett as the protagonist, I have a lot of ideas but I don't think bf2 forum would tolerate it.
  • Jimmy89
    161 posts Member
    Jimmy89 wrote: »

They could've done a bounty hunter 2 with boba fett as the protagonist, I have a lot of ideas but I don't think bf2 forum would tolerate it.

I wish they would've made a sequel to Bounty Hunter. Shame really. The game is so sick.
  • David1543
    536 posts Member
    edited June 23

Lol I also had the exact same idea for a concept of a sequel. Having boba fetta as a main. Brilliant.
    Post edited by David1543 on
  • David1543 wrote: »

Lol I also had the exact same idea for a possible sequel. We are brilliant arent we?

Absolutely. Same with republic commando 2
  • Testing
  • And we're back up again :p
  • David1543
    536 posts Member
    edited June 23
    I find the lack of dev response disturbing.
  • Jango fett should be added only after they add darth darth binks.
  • DCDT
    170 posts Member
    edited June 24
    The dark side needs a support hero first. The next blaster hero should therefore be Thrawn.
  • Jango is a must for Battlefront II. Have him along with Padme.
  • DCDT wrote: »
    The dark side needs a support hero first. The next blaster hero should therefore be Thrawn.

To be fair he must be the next PT blaster hero. I wouldn't really mind seeying a character from another era before him since prequels are getting the most attention, in fact thats exactly what should be done. Also I think the majority would rather have Krennic over Thrawn for the OT.

What Would be blasphemous is if any other prequel character took his place in the DS prequel roster, not sure which bad guy is more relevant than Jango in the prequels now. We don't need any more sabers for a good while and Cad Bane is a joke.
  • We need jango
  • Tell that to dice
  • DarthLando
    1542 posts Member
    Jango is a cool character but having 2 DS jetpack heroes would break HvV
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »

In what way, shape, or form, now that the target system is gone? Is his jetpack really a factor? Perhaps you havent read my and other people's concepts.
  • DarthLando wrote: »

agree. we maybe need a lightside jetpack hero too. like Sabine for example.
  • I agree 100%, I've had my own threads about adding him as well. Possibly even Mace Windu or Padme along with him.

As for his jetpack as an excuse that hes similar to Boba, thats so easy to prevent.

My suggestion was that they make his jetpack function just like/similar to the jump troopers in the game, where it only boosts him somewhere and cant fly infinitely like Boba.

OR they could just have him not have a jetpack, or a damaged one like from the movie.

As for his blasters, I think they could give him the dual wield similar to the ARC troopers, but with different fire rate/damage etc.

Just my two cents, but yes, we should DEFINITELY get Jango.
  • Would he be one blaster or two?
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    I agree 100%, I've had my own threads about adding him as well. Possibly even Mace Windu or Padme along with him.

As for his jetpack as an excuse that hes similar to Boba, thats so easy to prevent.

My suggestion was that they make his jetpack function just like/similar to the jump troopers in the game, where it only boosts him somewhere and cant fly infinitely like Boba.

OR they could just have him not have a jetpack, or a damaged one like from the movie.

As for his blasters, I think they could give him the dual wield similar to the ARC troopers, but with different fire rate/damage etc.

Just my two cents, but yes, we should DEFINITELY get Jango.

We already have assets to put him in, should be easy. He is a MUST in order to complete the dark side roster. This thread is a year worth and no dev blinks an eye. He would make sense with padme since she's been kind of teased.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Would he be one blaster or two?

I'd rather two.
  • He’s already in the game.
  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    Surely they would bring in the mandalorian before jango? (Not sure if he has a specific name yet)
  • No thanks.

Cad Bane and Rex will do for blasters.
  • Without Jango Fett there would be no Clone Army and no Boba Fett...Should've been one of the first heroes to be added at launch... :(
  • Spiito
    1979 posts Member
    edited October 21
    If they are going to focus so heavily on era lock, then sure.
    I just don't want Boba and Jango playable in the same matches. That's the only condition.
    No 'Falcons' out at the same time? No 'Fetts' out at the same time.
    Would prefer Cad Bane or Aurra Sing... but pistols are pistols.

Jango was a horrible father and a bit of a fraud. But hey, characters exist for reasons, he might end up being more relatable for most players. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Wknuto!