criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Interesting conversation with a friend about SWBF

OcDoc
2021 posts Member
So I have a friend that plays games a lot and for some reason we never talk about it.

Well today the topic came up and it became apparent that he thought I didn’t play because he said I should buy a PS4. So I told him I have one and he’s all the sudden excited and says, “what do you play?” I said that currently mostly play Star Wars Battlefront 2. He said he played some sort of demo but as soon as it came out he didn’t buy it and none of his friends did because it was funded by micro trans and pay to win.

Of course I told him that none of that actually came to fruition and there are no pay to win elements. He seemed genuinely surprised and excited because he really liked what he saw from the game early in its release days.

This is a guy that I know for a fact spends a lot of time on gaming and he doesn’t know that the loot crate thing got squashed. Something is wrong with this story. I realize negative news makes it’s rounds faster than positive news but come on. Somebody isn’t doing a good enough job at getting the word out that the loot crate debacle is over and the mistake has been remedied.

Replies

• d0kRX
    1490 posts Member
    Dude, do you realize you posted this in the SWBF 2015 section? I'm sure you might have gotten some more replies than this if you posted in the 2017 section.

Anyway on topic, I totally agree with you. I can't believe that this "old news" is still creeping players out about the game.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • OcDoc
    2021 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Dude, do you realize you posted this in the SWBF 2015 section? I'm sure you might have gotten some more replies than this if you posted in the 2017 section.

Anyway on topic, I totally agree with you. I can't believe that this "old news" is still creeping players out about the game.

Thanks for letting me know! I noticed it didn’t give me the option to pick a category to post in like it usually does.

I will see what I can do to move it.
  • OcDoc
    2021 posts Member
    @F03hammer

Could you or maybe someone else with forum editing privileges move this to general discussion for SWBF2?

I am not expecting a ton of comments but it should at least be in the correct section.

Thank you and I will post differently next time.
  • bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    They may have heard about the changes, but other games came out and left this one in the dust.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• OcDoc
    2021 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    They may have heard about the changes, but other games came out and left this one in the dust.

I am not so sure about that. I am not saying it is the top dog or anything but sales have been better than you might think at this point in a 2 year old game’s lifecycle. Star Wars is a resilient franchise. Complainers are loud but there are an aweful lot of Star Wars fans out there that want to get that big Star Wars battle feeling and this game definitely delivers on that.