criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Community Transmission — Star Card Changes

124Next

Replies

• The only reason people use Bossk in HvV anymore is so that they can camp the typical camping spots that are difficult to enter when both Bossk and Phasma have both the droid and the grenades out....that's basically the only reason to play bossk.

Even the people that have high level bossk's get easily destroyed playing bossk in HvV. He is probably the worst and least played character for DS like leia is for the LS.
  • Mcnally98 wrote: »
    So how come Bossk is the only one without a new star card? But otherwise really interesting cards.

Because he doesn't have a HoK card since he can regen full health by default. They were replacing HoK cards with new cards in order to make these. Not sure why Boskk can't just have an extra card compared to the others, but it's whatever.

Dice months back said that they didn't design the game to allow adding more star cards....that's why we constantly get one star card changed for a new one instead of adding another card.

Bossk is going to awful now that he doesn't get a new and improved star card and everybody gets practically the same healing ability that bossk only use to get. Bossk needs gas grenade to be replaced with super speed or super leap and he needs to be able to rapid fire relby when not scoped in.

Bossk is absolutely fine in his current state he certainly doesn't need any changes too him. He is very capable of dishing out alot of damage not to mention his passive damage output being his mines and gas. His jump is perfect because it needs to be used sparingly if he was able to jump like a Jedi it would be quite frustrating to deal with him since all you would want to do is hop around like a bunny and fire from above.

LAUGHABLE his blaster is only good for sniping or picking off unsuspecting midrange players. Gas is a joke of an ability that just causes people to move and then come right back to where they were. It's like chasing pigeons off the grass in a park, they just come right back practically unaffected. Bossk overly relies on two of his abilities microgrenades and grenade launchers to get kills. It's laughably easy to kill bossk as most jedi characters in both CS and HvV.

Just use Anakin to force pull him to where to want him and then chain all the other abilities to kill him without rebuttal. Or force absorb all his damage and dish it back to him to follow up with retribution or a quick saber attack to the face. Obiwan can just mind trick him to prevent him from doing most abilities and prevent him from rolling, so all you see regularly is him jumping around in the hopes he will make it out alive. Yoda has more difficulty trying to get him know since yoda can't force absorb a lot of bossks attacks like he use to be able to do. A competent chewy player can easily stomp bossk. All he has to do is get close enough and it's game over for Bossk because even chewy gets a slight sprint ability to close the gap or get away from enemies. With all these star card additions Bossk won't stand a chance. He was borderline okay presently and everyone got a mega buff but him because all players get an extra ability.

Bossk was much more formidable in battlefront 1..... it'd be nice if he went partially back to that same level of greatness.

Nope I strongly disagree, I just don't see bossk being as underpowered as your making him out to be. Not only that but the situation you described is applicable to every other blaster hero in the game haha
    Mcnally98 wrote: »
    So how come Bossk is the only one without a new star card? But otherwise really interesting cards.

Because he doesn't have a HoK card since he can regen full health by default. They were replacing HoK cards with new cards in order to make these. Not sure why Boskk can't just have an extra card compared to the others, but it's whatever.

Dice months back said that they didn't design the game to allow adding more star cards....that's why we constantly get one star card changed for a new one instead of adding another card.

Bossk is going to awful now that he doesn't get a new and improved star card and everybody gets practically the same healing ability that bossk only use to get. Bossk needs gas grenade to be replaced with super speed or super leap and he needs to be able to rapid fire relby when not scoped in.

Bossk is absolutely fine in his current state he certainly doesn't need any changes too him. He is very capable of dishing out alot of damage not to mention his passive damage output being his mines and gas. His jump is perfect because it needs to be used sparingly if he was able to jump like a Jedi it would be quite frustrating to deal with him since all you would want to do is hop around like a bunny and fire from above.

LAUGHABLE his blaster is only good for sniping or picking off unsuspecting midrange players. Gas is a joke of an ability that just causes people to move and then come right back to where they were. It's like chasing pigeons off the grass in a park, they just come right back practically unaffected. Bossk overly relies on two of his abilities microgrenades and grenade launchers to get kills. It's laughably easy to kill bossk as most jedi characters in both CS and HvV.

Just use Anakin to force pull him to where to want him and then chain all the other abilities to kill him without rebuttal. Or force absorb all his damage and dish it back to him to follow up with retribution or a quick saber attack to the face. Obiwan can just mind trick him to prevent him from doing most abilities and prevent him from rolling, so all you see regularly is him jumping around in the hopes he will make it out alive. Yoda has more difficulty trying to get him know since yoda can't force absorb a lot of bossks attacks like he use to be able to do. A competent chewy player can easily stomp bossk. All he has to do is get close enough and it's game over for Bossk because even chewy gets a slight sprint ability to close the gap or get away from enemies. With all these star card additions Bossk won't stand a chance. He was borderline okay presently and everyone got a mega buff but him because all players get an extra ability.

Bossk was much more formidable in battlefront 1..... it'd be nice if he went partially back to that same level of greatness.

Nope I strongly disagree, I just don't see bossk being as underpowered as your making him out to be. Not only that but the situation you described is applicable to every other blaster hero in the game haha

Not really you only have bossk and chewy as blaster heroes in CS and I have already gave suggestions above to make chewy more of a competent player in CS. That and chewy is going to be much better off than bossk with the next update, except probably on kashykk he will still probably suck on that map. If you play HvV a lot you will hardly see bossk except for the times described above. You'll see more of the other blaster heroes now than you will Bossk......why because Bossk is one of the worst characters now along with leia of the ligthside especially in HvV. Even a competent Finn player can be much more useful now because finn doesn't even have to get close to bossk to kill him and you can replenish your team.

Only time you have to worry about bossk in HvV or CS is if he gets his micronades out in a good camping spot and keeps laying them over and over again and no one tries to stop them as Anakin or an officer. Really that's the only time you have to worry about bossk in either game mode. Bossk is super easy to destroy in either game mode. Chewy is too right now, but he at least is getting a buff with the additional star card.
    Mcnally98 wrote: »

Not really you only have bossk and chewy as blaster heroes in CS and I have already gave suggestions above to make chewy more of a competent player in CS. That and chewy is going to be much better off than bossk with the next update, except probably on kashykk he will still probably suck on that map. If you play HvV a lot you will hardly see bossk except for the times described above. You'll see more of the other blaster heroes now than you will Bossk......why because Bossk is one of the worst characters now along with leia of the ligthside especially in HvV. Even a competent Finn player can be much more useful now because finn doesn't even have to get close to bossk to kill him and you can replenish your team.

Only time you have to worry about bossk in HvV or CS is if he gets his micronades out in a good camping spot and keeps laying them over and over again and no one tries to stop them as Anakin or an officer. Really that's the only time you have to worry about bossk in either game mode. Bossk is super easy to destroy in either game mode. Chewy is too right now, but he at least is getting a buff with the additional star card.

Btw I was referring to all heroes as u know not just the ones available in CS but I have to say I'm not aware of bossks condition in CS since pretty much the only mode I play is hvv. But he is a capable villan in hvv and can be played agressivley.

To your other point, yes he isnt as popular a choice but he is picked more than Finn leia from my experiance, aswell as the fact alot more people are picking lightsaber heroes now, I at least see 3 of them on average in a game. So I wouldn't say it's because people don't like bossk in hvv.
  • FINALLY A Palpatine Buff. I hope thatll be enough to make him viable again. But he still has serious issues:
    - his lightning can be blocked, yet he cant block
    - this is especially bad against force pulls / pulls of Anakin, Luke and Reys Mindtrick. Anakin with a Pull / Heroic Might combination almost always instantly kills palp withjout any chance of escaping. So his Palapatines Dark Aura should protect him form force pull/pull/mindtrick and also give him 15% to 25% damage protection, so he will be able to start (limited) attacks against Anakin and co
    - Also his lighting should do some SPLASH damage so that heroes not just can stand and block, regenerate pull/push and finish him, but need to be active

Afterall Palpatine is possibly the most powerful character in Star Wars after Yoda. He started it all. This really doesnt reflect in the game.
  • Oh, goody. Now Boba Fett will be even more annoying than he already is.
  • Yoda needs this update until they can fix his unleashed ability then they can do whatever they want with him
  • why heroes need HoK ??? aren't they strong enough ?
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1490 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Speedjack wrote: »
    why heroes need HoK ??? aren't they strong enough ?

A better question is imposible.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Luke will become even more overpowered.

Overpowered? Before the swing speed buff, he was underpowered...and now he's maybe just "powered". Whether he'll become "overpowered" remains to be seen, but I doubt it. Plus the damage on his force moves still sucks.

Luke has gone from being a joke, to being just barely viable for the average player. I find it strange that anyone would call him OP, unless that person happened to be standing near a ledge. ;)

@Billkwando IMO it seems that when they made Luke have the fastest everything (sprint, swing speed, ability animation speed) they also broke game mechanics (block delayed from working after button is pressed) Luke can us his saber dash at you then repulse and knock you down in the time it takes to do 1 dodge...and both will do damage. Dodging is broken and blocking is broken.

It used to be that you could hold block while dodging and you’d be immune from damage because the dodge did what it’s supposed to do and dodges and then block works right away so obv that protects you. Nowadays dodge is unreliable and the mini delay for blocking makes you unrealistically vulnerable
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    Equinox wrote: »
    Yoda needs this update until they can fix his unleashed ability then they can do whatever they want with him

I dont know why EA is not fixing his force push range break down. This issue is known for more than one year. The star card for more basis range of his force push is almost useless then and he needs a larger range.

I personally prefer a fixed push range at about the star card bonus range and if he absorb energy with unleashed, only the damage is increased.

This breakdown just ruins Yoda in HvV.
  • This game is great wish it had more popularity
  • This game is great wish it had more popularity

And a bigger dev team.
  • when is this update going to take place? this month's update did not come with this change
  • when is this update going to take place? this month's update did not come with this change

Tomorrow.
  • Not exactly a shock at this point, but this update broke Vader and others.

Playing no cards at all, before this patch ,Vader could deflect 64 shots (e.g., A280-CFE single shots) before his stamina wears out.

After this morning's patch, he can now only deflect 48 shots before his stamina wears out. Tried this in Duel (Arcade) several times. Also confirmed with turrets.

Looks like the screw up was breaking some mechanic when Vader's stamina gets low (into the red). Drains almost entirely now when that happens. It actually appears to be even worse than I described above when in Arcade Team Battle (pretty sure it's even way less than 48 shots now). It was immediately very noticeable in Team Battle -- about the last 1/3 of Vader's stamina drained almost immediately when deflecting shots.

Note: all sabre-wielders might be broken now, at least in Arcade. I think Kylo dropped from 33 to 27 shot deflects before stamina drains and Anakin from 40 to 31.

[Posted this on the wrong thread a few minutes ago]
This discussion has been closed.