criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Change the ION grenade card

JAREDUP
1596 posts Member
With droideka joining in the fray, and the new plethora of tanks on the battlefield, I believe the ION grenade will be more important than ever.

The current upgrade path is utterly pointless. Letting the grenade sit on the ground hoping a vehicle will cross over it if you miss is a good idea on paper, but rare to happen on the battlefield. The best upgrade path for it is to decrease cooldown timer with each upgrade. If the time sitting on the ground is so important, just make it permanent; preferably, just leave the timer before exploding low.
For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif

Replies

• Yes please
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    it has its place. i use as a trip mine. example... the cantina on the first phase of tattooine. while inside, either securing or defending, i toss it in front of one of the doors. if it goes off, i know people i coming from that direction. i can kind of "watch" two entry points without actually seeing both of them.

however! i do like your idea. the delayed exposing is useless against vehicles. if i'm using it on a vehicle that is because the vehicle is right in front of me.
  • But it should detonate when thrown into the vicinity of that vehicle, just like with turrets? Doesn’t they?
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    it has its place. i use as a trip mine. example... the cantina on the first phase of tattooine. while inside, either securing or defending, i toss it in front of one of the doors. if it goes off, i know people i coming from that direction. i can kind of "watch" two entry points without actually seeing both of them.

however! i do like your idea. the delayed exposing is useless against vehicles. if i'm using it on a vehicle that is because the vehicle is right in front of me.

That's a good use for it, so as I said before just make the fuse timer a permanent affect possibly and add cooldown reduction as the upgrade.
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    skincarver wrote: »
    But it should detonate when thrown into the vicinity of that vehicle, just like with turrets? Doesn’t they?

It does, but if you miss it just sits on the ground till something gets near it or the fuse time ends
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JMaster
    2211 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    But it should detonate when thrown into the vicinity of that vehicle, just like with turrets? Doesn’t they?

It does, but if you miss it just sits on the ground till something gets near it or the fuse time ends

Hmm... maybe you can detonate it remotely, like with the Detonite Charge and Flash Grenade?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »

Hmm... maybe you can detonate it remotely, like with the Detonite Charge and Flash Grenade?

Just had the same thought.
    It would be cool if it could be triggered like the flashbang
  • Versatti
    2131 posts Member
    Add this to the list of much needed Trooper Class Star Card improvements.
  • bfloo
    15739 posts Member

Don't miss, problem solved.

It is the best nade in the game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• The ion grenade is my favorite grenade in the game. It works well and is great against troopers and vehicles. A change to it may mess it up and may result with a nerf. It is the best trooper card imo.
  • Jenga_Fett1
    531 posts Member
    edited June 25
    I only unequip it to use the acid launcher in Extraction and second phase Starkiller Base. I am the death of turrets.
    *yells in ion*
    I must have gotten more than twenty times as much kills by destroying turrets near enemies than kills with turrets of my own throughout my years of playing this game.
  • My greatest memory was when the Rebels were close to completing the override sequence for the tractor beam control on the Death Star II. There were three Officers in a squad sheild around the computer. I threw my trusty ion grenade into the sheild resulting in all the Officers’ and my own death. But I was successful and the Rebels lost the game.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    The ion grenade is my favorite grenade in the game. It works well and is great against troopers and vehicles. A change to it may mess it up and may result with a nerf. It is the best trooper card imo.

No buff or nerf, just change the star card to reduce cooldown as it would be a better upgrade path
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    @F8RGE could you pass this along and make it a consideration? The cooldown timer is pretty long and i have seen more people using it so I think it would he a good change
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif