criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Droideka Shield?

ThisBugAnnoyMe
25 posts Member
edited June 26
What is up with the shield being fragile af? Not only does it melt down in 2 seconds but the animation is 1 extra second and by then you're dead... You gotta double the shields HP. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan ran away for a reason...

I tried standing further away but then the blasters barely hit the target. I think it's a great addition to the reinforcements but they should be and feel more menacing. Sure... they aren't affected by force powers but that lightsaber cut through like butter which makes up for that.

I just think every unit should have it's own role. Not EVERYTHING has to be equal in all games. I don't mind if heroes are overpowered. Just limit them... I don't mind if Droidekas are OP against infantry... make them weak against heroes and tanks. Right now they get melted down by 2 players easily...

Replies

• I totally agree with you. Drodeka shields should be much stronger. They are very weak now
  • either buff shields or buff blaster damage.
  • How about a shield buff and a shield health regain star card, cause the droideka doesn't have a star card with its picture on it.
  • The speed of his shots are to slow roo and the damage too, in every game or movie of star wars every one affraid of this thing but in bf2 it's the lamest thing how they did that
  • ULTIMATEMurloc
    24 posts Member
    edited September 10
    @aviv, I agree with you that the "fear" is not as present in the game. And it looks like we all agree at least a shield buff should be in order.

Question: how many players can select and play as a Droideka at the same time in a match?
  • Yeah I don't know, Droideka are never used (or are they?) as front line unit in SW as far as I can remember, they are flank / support unit, not supposed to face a platoon but to scare an enemy fireteam or a single hero in a choke point, in which they are very good in the game.
    And they are far better when played with others droideka ;)
    @aviv, I agree with you that the "fear" is not as present in the game.

They definitely scare me every single time :D :D

• Right now they get melted down by 2 players easily...

100% true
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan ran away for a reason...

Yes but Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan can't withstand 14 shoots before dying in the movies unlike in the game
  • How come no one is negative to this post or any other droideka buff posts, but everyone is negative to mine, is this toxic/negative people night or what? What gives.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    How come no one is negative to this post or any other droideka buff posts, but everyone is negative to mine, is this toxic/negative people night or what? What gives.

Lol, Yeah I noticed that as well. I think you are getting trolled. Maybe you can just remove your post. Most people do recognize that Droidekas need buffs to their Shield, damage, and especially range. We have the Clone Commandos coming soon, and if the Droidekas don't get these buffs by then, the CIS is going to get wrecked hard!
  • OcDoc
    1780 posts Member
    It’s mostly because of ion shot attachments and smart grenades. I know I run around with a smart grenade these days and the addition of Droidekas sort of sealed that decision for me.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    It’s mostly because of ion shot attachments and smart grenades. I know I run around with a smart grenade these days and the addition of Droidekas sort of sealed that decision for me.

You do not need ion weapons to punch through their shield, not at all. I can do it with one flurry of shots from Officer's pistol alone. I then refresh the pistol and kill the Droideka with the following flurry of shots. Dead Droideka
  • Droideka definitely needs a stronger shield and more damage at max range.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

The wookiee warrior's thermal imploder definitely does wreak havoc on the droideka's shield. I love being the droideka, but its hard to love it most of the time when i get killed by three jumping and rolling around AI clone troopers, and then my shield is already down just by AI clones, its annoying.