criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Me waiting for dice to add some new trooper weapons for each class

Prev1
AccurateThings
711 posts Member
edited July 9
yiyfisyps4y9.png

Replies

  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Here’s to hoping we get some soon, they finally asked about them so hopefully that is a sign they are on the way as this game is in desperate need of them.
  • Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.
  • quark
    100 posts Member
    edited July 10
    I understand that its possible to be understaffed.

    But previous poster here, Thechosen1_anakin, are you for real?
    You blame the players and concerned parents? You are not a player, your an ***** kisser.

    I didnt like microtransactions, main reason is that it ruins immersion. Pay for this pay for that... whatever. Let me pay once for each game and expance. Dont care for the price really if the game holds up.

    Now this shooter game promised more weapons, and it is essential for keeping it fun.

    2 new weapons and cards pr. base class should be minimum.

    They should port weapons from bf2015 at least. There where many interesting.

    Relby from 2015 was legendary, wish this one came back for a base class

  • quark wrote: »
    I understand that its possible to be understaffed.

    But previous poster here, Thechosen1_anakin, are you for real?
    You blame the players and concerned parents? You are not a player, your an **** kisser.

    I didnt like microtransactions, main reason is that it ruins immersion. Pay for this pay for that... whatever. Let me pay once for each game and expance. Dont care for the price really if the game holds up.

    Now this shooter game promised more weapons, and it is essential for keeping it fun.

    2 new weapons and cards pr. base class should be minimum.

    They should port weapons from bf2015 at least. There where many interesting.

    Relby from 2015 was legendary, wish this one came back for a base class

    Far from a butt kisser just tell it like it is. Having played a wonderful game like overwatch which has the same exact stuff as this game had at launch I don't see the problem. You weren't forced to by anything. Players just cried because they didn't want to have to grind & earn crafting parts for characters or play the game to unlock characters. News flash most video games have unlockable characters you have to work to get. Would be having more weapons & characters if players didn't whine before the game even came out.
    When did overwatch have any micro transactions other than cosmetics?

  • skincarver wrote: »
    Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.

    kjhaxyq6d0vx.jpeg

    For them to keep their promise

    They probably would have if that microtransactions stuff didn't happen. Ben said clone wars was supposed to be last Feb yet it got pushed back because they had to redo stuff. I'd blame the players honestly, this game was far from a pay to win & they set the game back months due to crying.

    Pretty much. There was no real pay to win, it was more like pay to have a slight advantage, maybe a point could be made on hero star cards, but otherwise not at all, the system made it to where if you saved crafting parts, you’d be able to level anybody you wanted. I honestly think it would’ve been fine with the old system.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Lyc4n
    1463 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    skincarver wrote: »
    Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.

    kjhaxyq6d0vx.jpeg

    For them to keep their promise

    They probably would have if that microtransactions stuff didn't happen. Ben said clone wars was supposed to be last Feb yet it got pushed back because they had to redo stuff. I'd blame the players honestly, this game was far from a pay to win & they set the game back months due to crying.

    Pretty much. There was no real pay to win, it was more like pay to have a slight advantage, maybe a point could be made on hero star cards, but otherwise not at all, the system made it to where if you saved crafting parts, you’d be able to level anybody you wanted. I honestly think it would’ve been fine with the old system.

    I disagree, working for crafting parts used to feel like a huge chore, you should have at least been able to choose wat upgrades to spend ur credits on rather than a random crate.

    I actually dont see too much wrong with the option of paying for things if you have the money to throw away and i also liked the idea of having to unlock heroes with credits, this would have been good for weapons aswell. However the crate system and randomised progression was awfull and overpriced, they should have just done it so there was no crafting parts of loot crates and you could just unlock the star cards you wanted with the credits you earnt.

    I still prefer the new progression system to any of those though, its in a good place now.

    I wouldnt mind it if the new heroes got put behind credits as did new weapons, makes you feel like you earn them. And if not with credits you could do it with challenges.

    Having something to work towards is always more enjoyable than being gifted everything that is new.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.

    kjhaxyq6d0vx.jpeg

    For them to keep their promise

    They probably would have if that microtransactions stuff didn't happen. Ben said clone wars was supposed to be last Feb yet it got pushed back because they had to redo stuff. I'd blame the players honestly, this game was far from a pay to win & they set the game back months due to crying.

    Though I understand your point, I cannot agree with it.

    Even if we agree that the game wasn’t pay2win but rather pay to have an advantage, it was a very bad decision by the creators to tie progression to lootboxes.

    I think the whole thing blew up with the “pride and accomplishment” comment - and I can understand players being fed up with gaming companies greedy tactics and venting their anger.
    One should also note that according to internet rumors it was Disneys intervention that made the lootboxes go away, not the outcry of the fans.

    So, next step? We remove all the devs from this game and abandon 2/3 of the content. Great decision.
    And while we have time to fix chickens, saber tips and eyelashes there’s no time to give the base guns some mods? Come on.

    Neither the games greedy business model, nor the removal of devs and surely not the lootboxes are down to the players.

    I supported this multi-billion-dollar company with buying for full price day one. I’m sorry if it didn’t work out for them as they planned, but I won’t accept any fault and would therefore like to see new weapons-as was promised
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    skincarver wrote: »
    Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.

    kjhaxyq6d0vx.jpeg

    For them to keep their promise

    They probably would have if that microtransactions stuff didn't happen. Ben said clone wars was supposed to be last Feb yet it got pushed back because they had to redo stuff. I'd blame the players honestly, this game was far from a pay to win & they set the game back months due to crying.

    Either way it’s not really an excuse this late. So they didn’t intend on releasing new weapons while working in Clone Wars content? Even if they started in February it’s a crazy long time to wait for what was advertised for the game.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Mystical
    367 posts Member
    New weapons would be awesome, even if it was like 1 new weapon per season that would suffice.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    skincarver wrote: »
    Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.

    kjhaxyq6d0vx.jpeg

    For them to keep their promise

    At this point they need to give each class at least one new weapon, they can't not do that. Attachments to default blasters would be a plus

    Attachments along with some adjustments to make the default blasters feel unique would be a plus, also unlock all default weapons for all eras so we get a wide variety of new blasters
  • Smattonellus
    816 posts Member
    edited July 10
    The good 'ole xthe MTX wasn't that bad" argument, this time I want to put it to you under another perspective, do you see how the whole controversy shook the system? It's because of battlefront that countries are considering to ban lootboxes because they are like gambling. I'm not saying this will 100% fix everything wrong with predatory mtx, they'll just come up with more creative methods, but it was a lesson nonetheless, and I prefer a honest BFII with less post launch content than the greedy lootbox based with lots of dlc.

  • Could have made money on cosmetics but EA panicked when Mickey called. Instead of getting a great game with content (weapons maps and modes with more than 1 or 2 maps) supplied in a timely manner, we got this mess. Game is FUBAR.
    Casual Herofront. Now with hoods.
    #StarWars-y
  • Weapons I would like to be added:

    Assault: Bowcaster

    Heavy: MWC-35c Repeating Cannon

    Officer: WESTAR-34 or WESTAR-35

    Specialist: Cycler Rifle?
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • I found this weird looking sniper rifle that is canon (seriously it looks very weird)
    SWC_SniperTrooper.png

    It's called the E-11s long-range blaster, and it looks like a freaking star fruit
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Assault: Bo rifle

    Heavy: T-21 semi auto

    Officer: SE-14C

    Specialist: E-5s
  • Assault: EE3
    Heavy: T21
    Officer: DT12
    Specialist: Relby
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • - T-21 for heavy class.
    - Pulse cannon & Cycler rifle for Specialist class.
    - E-22 & CJ-9 Bo-Rifle for Assault class.
    - DL-18 & DT-12 for Officer class.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • lowell
    1650 posts Member
    - T-21 for heavy class.
    - Pulse cannon & Cycler rifle for Specialist class.
    - E-22 & AB-75 and J-19 Bo-Rifles (able to switch back and forth from blaster to quarterstaff configurations) for Assault class.
    - DL-18 & DT-12 for Officer class.

  • Bump 1

  • Bump 1

    Bump 2 


    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    Give us the Bo-rifle!
  • JMaster
    2268 posts Member
    Assault: CA-87, CJ-9 Bo-Rifle, E-22, EE-3, GRS-1 Snare Rifle
    Heavy: T-21, SX-21, EMP-Launcher
    Officer: SE-14C, DL-18, DT-12, DT-29, Bryar K-16, A-180, A280-CFE, LPA NN-14
    Specialist: Relby V-10, T-21B, Cycler Rifle, E-11S
    And mods for all base weapons. This can happen. 
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Could have made money on cosmetics but EA panicked when Mickey called. Instead of getting a great game with content (weapons maps and modes with more than 1 or 2 maps) supplied in a timely manner, we got this mess. Game is FUBAR.
    Casual Herofront. Now with hoods.

  • skincarver wrote: »
    Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.

    kjhaxyq6d0vx.jpeg

    For them to keep their promise

    They probably would have if that microtransactions stuff didn't happen. Ben said clone wars was supposed to be last Feb yet it got pushed back because they had to redo stuff. I'd blame the players honestly, this game was far from a pay to win & they set the game back months due to crying.
    Agree 100% here. Take it from someone who spent $400 bucks in microtransactions within the first hour of release, I have another friend who did the same and guess what? It allow us to crush enemies in HvV for about a week, first 2 days were fun seeing how demoralized our close friends were by finishing in 3rd place at best all the time.Yes, it took one week to the player base to catch up, level up with us and learn how to counter a max Vader.. My friend lost interest after one week because he was no longer dominant as day one. 
  • The microtransactions scandal was the most absurd thing could ever happen to our beloved BF2 game. The player base were the ones that got affected the most. For christ sakes, this is a business they are running here. It needs to be profitable, this is Starwars. So what if a few players have deep pockets to waste money on upgrades? It would have not change anything, if someone is used to grind on video games, microtransactions were not a big deal. Thinking about life being fair, it’s not and never will be. It is the survival of the fittest, get off your bubble now.
  • Bump 2

  • skincarver wrote: »
    Almost 2 years, If you're still waiting idk what to tell you.

    kjhaxyq6d0vx.jpeg

    For them to keep their promise

    They probably would have if that microtransactions stuff didn't happen. Ben said clone wars was supposed to be last Feb yet it got pushed back because they had to redo stuff. I'd blame the players honestly, this game was far from a pay to win & they set the game back months due to crying.
    Agree 100% here. Take it from someone who spent $400 bucks in microtransactions within the first hour of release, I have another friend who did the same and guess what? It allow us to crush enemies in HvV for about a week, first 2 days were fun seeing how demoralized our close friends were by finishing in 3rd place at best all the time.Yes, it took one week to the player base to catch up, level up with us and learn how to counter a max Vader.. My friend lost interest after one week because he was no longer dominant as day one. 
    The microtransactions scandal was the most absurd thing could ever happen to our beloved BF2 game. The player base were the ones that got affected the most. For christ sakes, this is a business they are running here. It needs to be profitable, this is Starwars. So what if a few players have deep pockets to waste money on upgrades? It would have not change anything, if someone is used to grind on video games, microtransactions were not a big deal. Thinking about life being fair, it’s not and never will be. It is the survival of the fittest, get off your bubble now.
    Damn I don't even know where to start.

    All right, it needs to be profitable: they sold it a t $60, $80 with the deluxe edition, for a game developed in at best two years, launched without core basic content such as obi wan and general grievous. The content wasn't little but , releasing a full priced game with a "we'll deliver later" promise is wrong in itself.

    Micro transaction weren't a big deal: Because fishy loot boxes with [b]gameplay advantages[/b] and in a full priced AAA game to top it all, is what us, as consumers, should accept, because we have no rights, right?

    Shopped 400$ as it came out: I'm holding back here, let's only say that if MTX are everywhere nowadays is because of people like you.
  • Yeah but all the weapons suit their purpose 😎
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Imagine wanting more weapons for troopers after all the reinforcements and glow sticks we’ve gotten.

    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • what i expect to happen

    hqdefault.jpg
  • lowell
    1650 posts Member
    We're getting somewhere:




    Three weapons that I do want to see in the game eventually:

    AB-75 Bo-Rifle (with full quarterstaff-length melee)

    latest?cb=20141226064646

    J-19 Bo-Rifle (also having the same melee as the AB-75)

    3bf3f85e3fde75f7e43d4060a2f59b0205be1749_hq.jpg

    WESTAR-35

    latest?cb=20130606235304
  • lowell wrote: »

    Dunno if this qualifies as "getting somewhere"

    Sounds more like an overexaggeration of the problem to dismiss the prospects of any improvements to trooper weapon variety. Especially considering he's been playing the semantics game and calling the new reinforcements and heroes "weapons," hasn't he?
    [+3748 posts]
  • lowell
    1650 posts Member
    edited October 18
    Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »

    Dunno if this qualifies as "getting somewhere"

    Sounds more like an overexaggeration of the problem to dismiss the prospects of any improvements to trooper weapon variety. Especially considering he's been playing the semantics game and calling the new reinforcements and heroes "weapons," hasn't he?

    I think this was something that was supposed to go on the last big CT but Lucasfilm must haven't approved it until after that CT was published so he must've just gotten green light to go ahead then.

    Disney and Lucasfilm has had more power over EA and DICE on adding content and making major changes to this game than the last game (probably due to the launch incident).

    This is something we should keep an eye out for CTs about next year's content, not now because this overhaul might take a considerable amount of time to implement.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • Meerkat
    104 posts Member
    edited October 18
    lowell wrote: »
    So we can basically expect no new weapons.



    Removed unnecessary comment ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • lowell
    1650 posts Member
    edited October 18
    Meerkat wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    So we can basically expect no new weapons.

    I'm going to give them time to announce something about it. After all, they did give an interview about how they have plans for the future of the game that same day:

    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-22-restoring-trust-in-star-wars-battlefront-ii


    Edited quote to reflect change~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • We are going to be waiting until Battlefront 3
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    4022 posts Member
    edited October 18
    Meerkat wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    So we can basically expect no new weapons.

    Fixed.

    Edited quote to reflect change~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    #StarWars-y
  • Still waiting.

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Relmets wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »

    Dunno if this qualifies as "getting somewhere"

    Sounds more like an overexaggeration of the problem to dismiss the prospects of any improvements to trooper weapon variety. Especially considering he's been playing the semantics game and calling the new reinforcements and heroes "weapons," hasn't he?

    It would be highly unprofessional if they were being sarcastic like this.
    But the cheeky "making it even worse" statement definitely makes one wonder whether this is meant to be taken seriously as a whole or partly or not at all.
  • EA_Rtas
    1569 posts EA Moderator
    Let's leave it out with the unnecessary sarcastic comments directed at the devs, there's no need for it. Keep it civil
Sign In or Register to comment.