criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

A small, overlooked, and hidden nugget of wisdom inThe Last Jedi.

Replies

• . . . . .
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    Unpopular opinion but i really like dj
    I just didnt think he added anything....
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    DarthJ said:
    We haven’t really had a scoundrel type added since lando in esb. Now of course we have solo but... anyways, i think his character represented the morale conundrum finn found himself in and that was not wanting to join the resistance. Finn learned, albeit the wrong way, why the resistance matters and turning your back on them is just as harmful as being a stormtrooper given who he is. The problem with finn was his obssession with rey. That was his primary motivator up until dj shows finn that self preservation is no way to live one’s life. Honestly, i would like to see him and finn interact in the future just to see how finn has changed as a character in regards to dj.
  • SrawDawg
    907 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    DarthJ said:

Cane_danko said:

We haven’t really had a scoundrel type added since lando in esb. Now of course we have solo but... anyways, i think his character represented the morale conundrum finn found himself in and that was not wanting to join the resistance. Finn learned, albeit the wrong way, why the resistance matters and turning your back on them is just as harmful as being a stormtrooper given who he is. The problem with finn was his obssession with rey. That was his primary motivator up until dj shows finn that self preservation is no way to live one’s life. Honestly, i would like to see him and finn interact in the future just to see how finn has changed as a character in regards to dj.

Finn went away from the original plan to listen to DJ and believe dhe could give him what they needed VS someone that was trusted and recommended. I think Rose just went along with what Finn was going to do. And you hit the nail on the head. He most likely is a Lando type character that will seek redemption in the next film.

• Cane_danko
    1247 posts Member
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    DarthJ said:

Cane_danko said:

Finn went away from the original plan to listen to DJ and believe dhe could give him what they needed VS someone that was trusted and recommended. I think Rose just went along with what Finn was going to do. And you hit the nail on the head. He most likely is a Lando type character that will seek redemption in the next film.

Yeah i mean finn and rose were absurdly adept at doing what they needed to do. That was kind of the point, albeit it was the weakest plot line in the film. I enjoyed dj though for what little he was in there. It makes that sequence actually enjoyable for me.
  • SrawDawg
    907 posts Member
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    DarthJ said:

Cane_danko said:

Yeah i mean finn and rose were absurdly adept at doing what they needed to do. That was kind of the point, albeit it was the weakest plot line in the film. I enjoyed dj though for what little he was in there. It makes that sequence actually enjoyable for me.

Yeah I thought he was interesting character, that did help a silly plot device as you pointed out.
  • This was the best about TLJ, a different and realistic view of the war. It's not about the evil guys must be overthrown. War is bad, an evil and selfish business. So bad it's on a movie about some weirdos that are evil between them and fight against the good guys who dacrifice themselves for each other.
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • ROMG4
    2887 posts Member
    I'd much rather watch Gojira and any Kubrick movie then use TLJ for philosophy
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • quenaelin
    1002 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Rian Johnsons philosophy sounds great, live free, don't join, It is almost same as Life is life, yeah great philosophy. This guy who looks like Benny Hill, oh boy I like Benny Hill much more.

qyrlxhtfqnja.jpg
    rdpn4d04y4ze.jpg