criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Mind Tricks

Honestly,

Why mind tricks trump everything is a joke.  It is a clear advantage to a team.  Vader's choke can be blocked and even interrupted yet mind tricks always prevail no matter the circumstance.  It is beyond annoying and an advantage that needs the ability to be blocked.  If not, then I would suggest Vader's choke cannot be blocked or interrupted as a fair balance.  Also Vader should not be able to take soooo much damage when choking.  I believe that they did make a change to this...but it is not enough.

Mind tricks and Chokes are both events that take the 'Force' to use yet mind tricks have been given a clear path to an advantage.

Replies

• Mind trick can be countered. Rey’s especially. Obiwan’s is a bit more powerful. It is op against blaster heroes. Mind tricks have to be followed up to be effective while force choke does a good bit of damage on its own and is way easier to follow up on once executed. 
  • What's the big secret then or do I have to go to YouTube...lol.  What about Dual mind tricks as well?  I find that players use Rey and Obi Wan's mind tricks one after the other trapping you.
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member
    I agree, for force users mindtricks must be blockable. Force users are cannonical clever enough to block a mindtrick. So how can mindtricks be blocked by Sidious then? Well he needs a block like he had in SWBF1 2015. Don't make Vader's choke not blockable, that would make him almost much more op.
    Thx and Greetings.
  • I honestly don't think mind trick should work on force users period. They are only supposed to work on the weak minded, yet they easily work in the Emperor.  Also, they shouldn't work through walls, canonically they had to be like of sight.  Yet, as with a lot of things in-game, if it's in the front of a character then it lands period. Personally mind trick should have less of a duration on force users.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member
    Daijooky said:
    I honestly don't think mind trick should work on force users period. They are only supposed to work on the weak minded, yet they easily work in the Emperor.  Also, they shouldn't work through walls, canonically they had to be like of sight.  Yet, as with a lot of things in-game, if it's in the front of a character then it lands period. Personally mind trick should have less of a duration on force users.
    You do understand the Star Wars univers well. I agree, if they are nor blocked, force users should be less time under mindtrick. I would give force users less damage against poison and dioxis gas and so on too, because of force healing.
    But this and mindtrick tweaked to make them blockable and if then less duration, this would be authentic. Through walls would be perfect too, I like your idea!

Greetings
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member
    Nah, Palpy's too op'd already, but I do think mindtricks should be blockable.  Also, I think Obi's mindtrick needs a buff, in time.  Maybe 3 seconds longer.
    It would be only natural to nerf Sidious if he gets a block for everything. Sidious can be op, but if a good Obi Wan is there, and sets him under Mindtrick he is already dead.
    Obi-Wan vs Sidious in a 1vs1 and Sidious is in 90% of the cases dead.
    Sidious is the strongest dark side user in the Star Wars movies. He should be stronger than Obi-Wan.
    I like Obi-Wan in the PT and I am really disappointed, that he is so weak in SWBF2 in HvV. A buff is not done with making his mindtrick last longer. His mindtrick is already too long. Obi-Wan with his abilites is too lazy for HvV. His force push can be blocked easily and his defensive rush is almost usesless in HvV. To make is mindtrick last longer and make it much more op wouldn't solve the problem with him. By the way I think Obi-Wan's dodge is one of the worst in the game.
    Lower the duration of his mindtrick, make mindtricks blockable and tweak him in general. 
    #makeObi-WanGreatAgain
  • Sorry, but this mind trick thing is ridiculous.  Now I'm noticing that Mind Trick is hitting me as Vader when I am choking the other team, thus defeating the entire purpose of the choke when I have applied it correctly.

Minds Tricks are a clear one sided advantage.

• There are only 2 of them in the game. Look how many stuns there are (Iden,Chewbacca, Lando, Phasma, Palpatine).
  • I'm not talking about stuns in this post.  I'm talking about mind tricks...one after the other.  I was just using Vader again and not only did 2 players break out of my choke, but I became Mind Tricked as I was using the choke.  Vader needs a bigger buff as well on immunity while performing the choke...it's just turned into a slaughter on Vader while he is choking.

Mind trick should be able to be blocked by Jedi or Sith.
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member
    Yes, mindtrick and Dookus ability to weak foe should be blockable by force users!!!
  • Blaster heroes should be allowed one ability to use if they get obiwan mind tricked......if they already used the ability then that's too bad for the blaster hero.  But this unable to move unable to use abilities or dodge is completely **** for blaster heroes.
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member
    And for Sidious too! XD
  • Blaster heroes should be allowed one ability to use if they get obiwan mind tricked......if they already used the ability then that's too bad for the blaster hero.  But this unable to move unable to use abilities or dodge is completely **** for blaster heroes.
    Get used to it. That’s one of Obi-Wan’s best abilities when it actually works.

So you think it would be allowed for a player to escape Vader’s ‘Choke’?
  • DiamondxStyles
    97 posts Member
    edited August 7
    Ironic lmao; Mind tricks only working on the weak minded holds true in this game. If you died to a mind trick, you're weak minded: Bad positioning against multiple members of the enemy team while you're alone got you killed by Obi Wan's. Terrible skill got you killed by Rey's.

And if you died to either of them in a 1v1, that's your personal lack of skill problem compared to your opponent.

Both mind tricks are nullified by not playing like a mutton.

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest.

He is the best there is. . .

The best there has ever been. . .

And he knows it.

• And if we're talking simultaneously, even other Jedi should be susceptible to two Force users assaulting someone's mind at the same time, so Kenobi's + Rey's is rightfully powerful. Even though Rey isn't a powerful Force user yet. But they have to balance her somehow

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest.

And he knows it.

• @DiamondxStyles….Sorry, but you're off and respectfully, I do not agree with you.

Bottom line is that mind trick, especially dual mind trick from Rey and Obi Wan in sequence is not skill and not blockable one after the other...coupled with some **** who sits back with his or her blaster and fires away on you from the other side of the map is a joke.

Also...How bout a bigger buff for Vader when choking? Can't even finish out a enduring choke now a days while some noob is hacking away.
  • @DiamondxStyles

Also...terrible skill? That's laughable...considering the amount of posts, comments , threads and blogs about this from the ENTIRE community, I guess you're in a league of your own. I've block Rey's mind trick and I am getting better at it. However, I don't care how much skill you have when both tricks from Rey, Obi Wan and the phantom blaster from a mile away combine is an automatic recipe for the other teams success and a clear tactical advantage.
  • GRIFF206 wrote: »
    @DiamondxStyles….Sorry, but you're off and respectfully, I do not agree with you.

Bottom line is that mind trick, especially dual mind trick from Rey and Obi Wan in sequence is not skill and not blockable one after the other...coupled with some **** who sits back with his or her blaster and fires away on you from the other side of the map is a joke.

Also...How bout a bigger buff for Vader when choking? Can't even finish out a enduring choke now a days while some noob is hacking away.

Sorry, but you're off, and never gave any reasoning for why you disagree.

Nobody mentioned skill, but neither does it take skill or intelligence to full send into the enemy team and try to choke the shooter, expecting a Rey or Obi Wan not to counter your bad decisions and punish you for them.

The bad decision was on your part, so there was some skill involved in outplaying you.

Laughing at the choke buff. Why should you be allowed to finish your sequence? That "noob" just outplayed you as well, by countering your sequence and saving his teammate from taking extra damage, whether that was intentional on their part aside.

I mean it with respect as well, but you just made some tactically bad or wasteful decisions and the enemy countered you for it

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

And he knows it.

• DiamondxStyles
    97 posts Member
    edited August 8
    GRIFF206 wrote: »
    @DiamondxStyles

Also...terrible skill? That's laughable...considering the amount of posts, comments , threads and blogs about this from the ENTIRE community, I guess you're in a league of your own. I've block Rey's mind trick and I am getting better at it. However, I don't care how much skill you have when both tricks from Rey, Obi Wan and the phantom blaster from a mile away combine is an automatic recipe for the other teams success and a clear tactical advantage.

Yes it is a clear and tactical advantage. So don't rush the defensive team. Send Maul from the back with forceful thrust on the "phantom shooter" and try to get Kylo or Vader to ability them while your own shooter (be it Iden or Boba etc) barrages or uses their stun/gun to eliminate their shooter.

If they slip when the Maul rushes, push up with your "Vader" and other sabers

Or you could always combo them. Use Choke throw and Pull and it will break their blocks. Freeze them/ Choke them and have Boba Barrage them

Maybe try using your advantages.
    GRIFF206 wrote: »
    @DiamondxStyles

Also...terrible skill? That's laughable...considering the amount of posts, comments , threads and blogs about this from the ENTIRE community, I guess you're in a league of your own.

Maybe so, or maybe my team is just smarter

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

And he knows it.

• DiamondxStyles
    97 posts Member
    edited August 8
    Aoe reach cards are the best cards to split people up. Or literally even use a Boba to target their shooter while someone else rushes from behind. There are an infinite number of ways to approach an easy to dismiss double mind trick, lmao. Even something as simple as positioning yourself near a wall or platform where you can jump away without getting pulled back, baiting it.

You know, strategies that don't just involve Vader rushing in to try and land his choke, then getting mind tricked and ganked without his team supporting him. Because that's not really a strategy
    Post edited by DiamondxStyles on

This

is Anakin Skywalker. . .

And he knows it.

• I don't rush, I play with strategy, unfortunately I'm usually on a random team of hackers. That said, was just playing against Luke with Vader and he was able to break out of my choke.

Sweet...