criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

The Future of BFII

I got into this game back in late April/early May after skipping out on my preorder at launch. I have to say that Capital Supremacy is some of the most fun I've had playing a Battlefront game since the originals. That said, not everything is great about the game. Here are a couple of thing I believe would improve the Battlefront in the future:

• OT and ST CS content. Playing PT content only on CS can get super repetitive (add new CS maps, and don't restrict maps to to certain eras - planets are not exclusive to their era. They are Star Wars planets, not era planets.)
  • Game Modes restricted to HvV, CS, Blast, and Starfighter Assault (almost every time I join into a game I'm waiting on 3-15 players for an hr). Cut the modes down to those 4. Want a Heroes only mode, HvV. Want an objective mode, CS. Want an infantry only mode, Blast. Want a starfighter mode, SA.

My biggest fear for this game is that once they are done with PT content this year, they will be done with the game, leaving another Battlefront game with so much unexplored potential.

Replies

• Schnippshly
    113 posts Member
    edited July 17

This game is probably too poorly programmed to just switch the eras on levels. I wouldn't doubt it if the game became several gigabytes larger JUST to make that possible. Sounds ridiculous because SWBF2004 had no problem doing it, but enough messing with the Frosty Mod Tools and you'd understand.

Not that I'm arguing. Capital Supremacy is VERY repetitive as the matches are an hour long and you are stuck on the same team with the few extra units and vehicles, NO air vehicles, and only 4 heroes per team to choose from (NO blaster heroes for clone team).

They definitely need fewer playlists, or combine the playlists as they did in Battlefront 1. In my opinion Capital Supremacy should just be Conquest with no capital ships. The capital ships are identical to Galactic Assault, which is already its own gametype!

And yeah do they think Kashyyyk just stopped existing after the Clone Wars? Even the Star Wars Christmas Special takes place on Kashyyyk!

I'm with you. I'm also afraid that they're just going to stop adding content to the game any day now, and we will be stuck with it the way it is now, forever. They NEED to expand CS to cover all eras before that happens.

• SQJACKIE
    191 posts Member
    Maybe cross era maps can ruin the immersion. But some planets had fights during different eras
  • Cane_danko
    1244 posts Member
    Immersion is in the eye of the beholder
  • In Battlefront 2005, most levels were cross-era. The only exceptions were movie battles that relied on era-appropriate decoration, like Geonosis and Hoth. Galactic Assault Kashyyyk couldn't be cross-era without a lot of work to remove the clone and separatist things, and leaving them in would not be good for immersion in that case.
  • Cyro
    211 posts Member
    The Problem is...Battlefront 2 CANT satisfy the players expectations because 3 eras is just TOO much.... i would have prefered BF2 to be an all CLONE WARS Battlefront. Imagine all the effort made for the sequels and OT that we already know from BF2015 would have been taken for CW content. Coruscant, Mygeeto, Utapau, Felucia, Salucami.... more blasters with customizations and maybe even conquest with ground to air combat and capital ships.
  • They probably would be a lot better off focusing on one era. Playing as other eras feels more like a reskin than anything in BF2. With just one era you could have a much more consistent experience with a lot more content in a single battle. Instead of trying to think of two ground vehicles to add to each dark side era, they could give the one dark side era six ground vehicles. Or more!
  • i would think they would be fun if mace windu was in the game and jar jar binks, qui gon, padme would also think that the game would be more fun if you fixed more planets on heroes vs villians then even fixs more evil characters on heroes vs villians and put them in the text on the good side
  • SQJACKIE
    191 posts Member
    Spoiler: It's dark
  • Honest unpopular opinion: I do not like CS
  • tommytom64
    1087 posts Member
    Get rid of Galactic Assault? No way. This game should just go back to it's five original launch modes + CS, and have all the other modes as limited time modes on rotation with each other IMO.

I agree that other eras should be added to CS though. I would like to see a server browser, or at the very least an era selector, in the future though.
  • Cyro
    211 posts Member
    Get rid of Galactic Assault? No way. This game should just go back to it's five original launch modes + CS, and have all the other modes as limited time modes on rotation with each other IMO.

I agree that other eras should be added to CS though. I would like to see a server browser, or at the very least an era selector, in the future though.
    Server browser with this few players left wouldnt make any sense.
  • That's why there should be a server browser, so that you can actually tell how many people are playing a gametype. Obviously!
  • Cyro said:
    The Problem is...Battlefront 2 CANT satisfy the players expectations because 3 eras is just TOO much.... i would have prefered BF2 to be an all CLONE WARS Battlefront. Imagine all the effort made for the sequels and OT that we already know from BF2015 would have been taken for CW content. Coruscant, Mygeeto, Utapau, Felucia, Salucami.... more blasters with customizations and maybe even conquest with ground to air combat and capital ships.
    All Clone Wars era content is the reason why the game is heading down the rabbit's hole with no future in sight. Balance is the key so the OT and STn eras deserve the next set of content.
  • Cyro
    211 posts Member
    not really.
    those who are about 25 Years old are the ones who grew up with the prequels. WE are those who loved Battlefront 2 and all that clone wars stuff, and the 20s people are those who play games the most. Not the 13 year old kids who grow up with the sequels now.

thats why everybody is asking for clone wars content!
  • Lionbite
    278 posts Member
    Cyro said:
    All Clone Wars era content is the reason why the game is heading down the rabbit's hole with no future in sight. Balance is the key so the OT and STn eras deserve the next set of content.
    Well not until the Clone Wars final season and anniversary has passed, that's what they're are planning to do, just be patient.

We are not paying any DLCs here so why rush them at work, they just got new staff members.
  • OcDoc
    1675 posts Member
    Honest unpopular opinion: I do not like CS
    I love that it is non-linear but it is a little too repetitive and can drag on a bit too long sometimes. 

The repetition is my my main issue with it though. Still worth playing but not constantly.