criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

How to stop reinforcements and heroes spam/camping in the selection menu.

I have heard that Dice is looking for a solution to get rid of the players camping the spawn selection menu to get heroes and reinforcement over and over again without letting the other teammates have their shot at them.

Simply put the already played once heroes and reinforcements on a timer, so the other players who have enough battle points can pick them up and so on.

As long as there are players with enough battle points to play ex: Anakin the players who previously played it before the other wont be able to pick him up again until all the others have played him once.

in short, it is Turn-Based with a timer if nobody else has enough battle points to play them.

Replies

• SQJACKIE
    272 posts Member
    Maybe a queue would work too
  • SQJACKIE said:
    Maybe a queue would work too
    That what I was trying to say, in a over-complicated way I think... but with a player sided timer, If nobody pick the character you already played at the end of your timer you can re-pick it asap.
  • Lionbite said:
    I have heard that Dice is looking for a solution to get rid of the players camping the spawn selection menu to get heroes and reinforcement over and over again without letting the other teammates have their shot at them.

Simply put the already played once heroes and reinforcements on a timer, so the other players who have enough battle points can pick them up and so on.

As long as there are players with enough battle points to play ex: Anakin the players who previously played it before the other wont be able to pick him up again until all the others have played him once.

in short, it is Turn-Based with a timer if nobody else has enough battle points to play them.
    I suggest another idea is to have a limit on how many units that same playee can use. For example, a player who uses Anakin and then gets defeated should get an X mark in the hero icon (Meaning that hero is not available for that specific player). For reinforcements and vehicles (It should vary per map, but must not be no more than 4 available for the same player). Once the player depletes his 4 reinforcement of vehicle choice, he can't select those units again. Another to balance things out that can give new player a chance to shine as well.
  • Lionbite
    284 posts Member
    Lionbite said:

I suggest another idea is to have a limit on how many units that same playee can use. For example, a player who uses Anakin and then gets defeated should get an X mark in the hero icon (Meaning that hero is not available for that specific player). For reinforcements and vehicles (It should vary per map, but must not be no more than 4 available for the same player). Once the player depletes his 4 reinforcement of vehicle choice, he can't select those units again. Another to balance things out that can give new player a chance to shine as well.
    Maybee for a particular game mode, but not all IMO.
  • vonVile
    316 posts Member
    edited July 24
    The solution is to raise the Hero BP back to what it was at launch. 4000 is too cheap. Anybody can make that without trying. This would also fix having 4 Heroes on both sides with endless Hero re-spawning.
  • vonVile said:
    The solution is to raise the Hero BP back to what it was at launch. 4000 is too cheap. Anybody can make that without trying. This would also fix having 4 Heroes on both sides with endless Hero re-spawning.
    Agreed...Off era heroes should cost 10,000BP and era heroes should be like it was before 5000BP, 6000BP for some heroes. This will probably balance things even more.
  • Cyro
    211 posts Member
    off-era heroes should be 100.000.000 BPs.... just to prevent them from ever reappearing again! they made a canonic weekend for GA mode once....it was wonderful.
  • vonVile
    316 posts Member
    vonVile said:
    Agreed...Off era heroes should cost 10,000BP and era heroes should be like it was before 5000BP, 6000BP for some heroes. This will probably balance things even more.
    I suggested in another thread that the best way to do Hero spawning is based on their power level; 4000 for Blaster Heroes, 6000 for Force users and Boba Fett, and 8000 for OP Heroes (Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine). If players want to get a specific powerful character they have to actually earn to get them.
  • Lionbite
    284 posts Member
    vonVile said:
    vonVile said:
    I suggested in another thread that the best way to do Hero spawning is based on their power level; 4000 for Blaster Heroes, 6000 for Force users and Boba Fett, and 8000 for OP Heroes (Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine). If players want to get a specific powerful character they have to actually earn to get them.
    Make a new thread about this dude.