criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

What I saw when I fell through the floor /map on a Kamino CS ship.

SrawDawg
921 posts Member
edited July 20
I actually fell down to almost the ground level of Kamino. The reason why this is interesting. It kind of proves me to now that while in the CS ships they are about where they are supposed to be at looking at them from the ground. I had wondered if perhaps there was no attachment to the ground maps and it was just a loaded level. This makes me believe that maybe at one time or coming in the future starfighters might be involved somehow.

Replies

• You didn't see heaven?
  • Nirvana? 
  • You didn't see heaven?
    He went down not up... smh
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • You didn't see heaven?
    Heaven is where the heart is 
  • You didn't see heaven?
    Heaven is where the heart is 
    This is great! Lol
  • You didn't see heaven?
    Pretty sure he went to Hel
  • SrawDawg
    921 posts Member
    You didn't see heaven?

Up to heaven, down to hell, thats how the Bible list it anywho.
  • SrawDawg
    921 posts Member
    I tried on Kasssyk and saw green mountains below. What I do is at the last second on a capital ship right when the explosion happens I leap in to the energy cores/ heat exchangers.

I still find it odd that its not just a whole other loaded map connected by a cut scene.  So then those Capital ship 3d models must be to size? 
  • SrawDawg said:
    I tried on Kasssyk and saw green mountains below. What I do is at the last second on a capital ship right when the explosion happens I leap in to the energy cores/ heat exchangers.

I still find it odd that its not just a whole other loaded map connected by a cut scene.  So then those Capital ship 3d models must be to size? 
    How should it be a new map? This would take way longer to load and process than rearranging some of the assets within the scene and changing quality settings of the outside-areas
  • SrawDawg
    921 posts Member
    SrawDawg said:

How should it be a new map? This would take way longer to load and process than rearranging some of the assets within the scene and changing quality settings of the outside-areas
    Well, there is some time there. The first cut scene showing the transports going up, and then a small few second break, and then more time as a cut scene shows them boarding the Capital ship. I don't know what could be done in that time. But something tells me its significant to it.
  • Dexyn
    96 posts Member
    I fell through the map yesterday on Takodana. Was playing Darth Maul and a trooper was corner camping near the main door of the final objective on the inside. Decided to dash on him and that clipped me through the floor into a one way fall to hell.
  • After I said something about this they seem to have added a collision layer or something to the bottom of the CS ships, I haven't been able to achieve this again. At least they are polishing the game up.
  • MinuteMaid said:
    You didn't see heaven?

Well, then we could use that one as a Mustafar map...
  • Would honestly love them to let us walk up to the two main entrances to the ships in the 2nd phase in CS so that we can look out and take in the view. Would also be hilarious to jump from that height even if it does kill us.
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • SrawDawg
    921 posts Member
    edited August 16
    BradCafe wrote: »
    Would honestly love them to let us walk up to the two main entrances to the ships in the 2nd phase in CS so that we can look out and take in the view. Would also be hilarious to jump from that height even if it does kill us.

Yeah, lol, that would be interesting. If you ever fall from the tree houses on Kasssyk during a HvV match you can actually get half way there. I consider how awesome it would be if they would open all that up during some kind of match. So that all parts of Kasssyk are fully accessible to the player. Perhaps they will offer bigger battles when the PvE stuff drops soon.
  • MinuteMaid said:
    You didn't see heaven?

Well, then we could use that one as a Mustafar map...

Well, a lake of molten lava like a "lake of fire". Then Mustafar could be likened to hell or the underworld.