criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

AT-RT tweaks!!!

I enjoy playing with AT-RT but it needs few tweaks, first of all the exposed pilot should be compansated with overheat buff . Why? Let me explain why!

The purpose of the AT-RT is its mobility. So, when and If I stop I basically am a dead clone 'cause of the exposed pilot.
But when I'm on the move it's harder for me to hit any target basically, although they fixed the alignment of the gun problem of AT-RT on pc yet it's almost impossible to burst any regular troops with the single overheat of my gun unless they don't move after getting shot at.

There are two reasons for it, first pc players can spin like a wheel to dodge stuff. Second, those dodgers can make you go overheat easily and you are exposed since they are deadly accurate. Besides AT-RT regular weapons does not do tank like AOE. So If I'm facing more than one enemy or If I am forced to go overheat I should switch to ion shot to finish them off. But it's not as efficient as it's on the paper because you'll do less damage overall and the damage output will be lower than the enemy can burst my pilot on the AT-RT. Which of course they will prefer to burst my pilot rather than destroying my vehicle.

oh btw, I'm not counting random stucks and halts of AT-RT on several places at several times causing you to exposed to death.
Overall TX-130(There is a bug causing AT-RT turn sideways when pushed between TX130's sabers), AAT, AT-TE, STAP, Barcs etc have more edge on the battlefield and more convenient to handle.

The mobility advantage of AT-RT literally have zero value since it's impossible to apply.
It's a great vehicle fun to play, you'd get excited once you know you can outflank AAT's and they cannot outmanuever you and make them suffer. On geonosis one AT-RT can carry the whole team yet 3 clone AT-RT squad is on another level. But two problems should be addressed;
1-Overheating is a strong issue when you don't have rapid fire laser beams and rocket barrage abilities like other vehicles do and you hardly kill a single trooper on the move with a single burst.
2-AT-RT has an exposed pilot where everyone focuses on, either buff the clone hp on it or fix the random halts and stucks. Or give us back the AT-RT jumps and diagonal sprints to cover our in and outs. I think one can take reference from the episodes from ryloth, AT-RT can jump and sprint diagonal unless full horizantal movement.

Replies

• As you mentioned, the gun Needs lowered heat values Overall, as it's Damage is well enough. More mobility would be appreciated. Even being ble to jump alone could help address the Problems with becoming stuck on Terrain so easily, thus hightening Chance of survival.
  • Devs must improve the mobility of AT-RT

1bfioawlu399.png
  • change that silly ion shot for an ability that makes you throw grenades  and improve their lateral mobility sprint
  • KilroyWH78
    I personally like Ion shot since AT-RT is a reconnaissance vehicle not a tank. It allows you to melt the tanks and aoe allows you to kill turrets and infantry on certain occasions as well as melt down the units hiding behind shields. 
    The repair ability or scanning can be replaced with something like: "Improved Heat Exchangers" allowing you to fire more and/or faster without going overheat quickly. 
    Why? Because you don't need repair 90% of the time when they can and will shot your driver. 
    Scan is good but if it's gone I won't mind it for an overheat ability. 
  • RadecGV said:
    KilroyWH78
    I personally like Ion shot since AT-RT is a reconnaissance vehicle not a tank. It allows you to melt the tanks and aoe allows you to kill turrets and infantry on certain occasions as well as melt down the units hiding behind shields. 
    The repair ability or scanning can be replaced with something like: "Improved Heat Exchangers" allowing you to fire more and/or faster without going overheat quickly. 
    Why? Because you don't need repair 90% of the time when they can and will shot your driver. 
    Scan is good but if it's gone I won't mind it for an overheat ability. 
    As you said, its a recon vehicle, therefore no ion shots. even in the show the pilots throw grenades to deal with tanks or flank it, and thats why i also suggested improving their lateral mobility so they can flank properly and more fluidly.

That repair skill could be replace by an ability that makes your canon sort of auto-aim in a certain direction you are looking like they also did on the show.

The scan ability could either stay or be replaced by an ability that makes you move faster and jump. just another suggestion.
  • "That repair skill could be replace by an ability that makes your canon sort of auto-aim in a certain direction you are looking like they also did on the show." I'd love that but it'd be cheating some sort. 

Jump could be something like dash of troopers. Recharging, limited usage at a time. Not exploitable! 

Ion shot is preferrable regardless. Throw grenade would be easier to dodge and make you not less exposed than you already are when throwing. Not feasible in my opinion! 

Besides droids are not like the ones in the show. They roll, sprint and deadly accurate on players hands so we need to think a way to compansete the pilot weaknesses while not over powering AT-RT considering the low price it has. 

Summarizing our discussion up until this moment!

1-Mobility and Jump: Collisions(TX-130 blades for example) and stucks should be fixed, Jump and diagonal sprinting should be a thing to help stucks

2-Overheat issues: When TX-130, AAT, AT-TE, AT-ST, AT-AT can have rockets, laser beams, burst cannons, mass drive cannons, grenade launchers, laser volley etc. It's hard to get away with short overheating time and exposed pilot. 

3-Few abilities subject to change:
    Ion shot is a great ability but is a must to kill most of the opponents since opponents can dodge, sprint, roll etc and overheat and AOE factors are highly limiting factors for the continous recon operations as the AT-RT intended to be. Repair is mostly useless when the pilot is exposed. Players are deadly accurate so repair can be replaced with grenade throwing or overheat ability or a faster laser firing without overheating for a short time ability.