criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

Bring Back Weapon Tokens

vonVile
316 posts Member
edited July 21
This is one of the major things that makes BF1 superior to BF2. Being able to grab a token and then randomly get a; Blaster Cannon, Orbital Strike, R5-D4 droid, Viper Probe droid, etc., made the game exciting and unpredictable. One of the biggest mistakes of BF2 was giving these weapon options to a specific Troop class.

Replies

  • Well, no, they moved on from this mechanic from a good reason.

    Otherwise, they have to make them new abilities/ loadout elements... hum Star Cards.

    They should add the Commander reinforcement and give him the Blaster Cannon, Orbital Strike, R5-D4 droid, Viper Probe droid.

    With some Buff abilities like blasters damage boots etc...
  • Cyro
    213 posts Member
    Better a Tech-Reinforcement for the Cannon. Makes more sense. Blaster Cannons are deployed by tech supporters, not a commander. and its pretty pointless having an officer AND a commander class. better would have been

    -Assault
    -Anti Tank
    -Medic
    (-Support)
    -Specialist
    -Officer
  • vonVile
    316 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Lionbite said:
    Well, no, they moved on from this mechanic from a good reason.


    Otherwise, they have to make them new abilities/ loadout elements... hum Star Cards.
    What was the reason? To make game play boring?

    It was fun to drop a Blaster Cannon in a tight corridor to protect a beacon making it almost impossible for the other team to get to it, taking out Leia, who thinks she's safe under her shield, with Orbital Strike, or using 2 Thermal Detonators back to back to kill Boba Fett in a bunker single handed.

    They don't have to make Star Cards or a new class. Classes limiting players' choices is why BF2 isn't as good as BF1. BF1 was flexible. BF2 is rigid and strict.

    As for how to re-implement the Weapon Token System just use the slot being used for the Ion Cannon and Triangle to hold and deploy.
  • bfloo
    15535 posts Member
    The token power weapons did make the rounds more interesting.

    Not sure it would work as well in this game though.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • vonVile said:
    Lionbite said:
    Well, no, they moved on from this mechanic from a good reason.


    Otherwise, they have to make them new abilities/ loadout elements... hum Star Cards.
    What was the reason? To make game play boring?

    It was fun to drop a Blaster Cannon in a tight corridor to protect a beacon making it almost impossible for the other team to get to it, taking out Leia, who thinks she's safe under her shield, with Orbital Strike, or using 2 Thermal Detonators back to back to kill Boba Fett in a bunker single handed.

    They don't have to make Star Cards or a new class. Classes limiting players' choices is why BF2 isn't as good as BF1. BF1 was flexible. BF2 is rigid and strict.

    As for how to re-implement the Weapon Token System just use the slot being used for the Ion Cannon and Triangle to hold and deploy.
    Then why play Battlefront 2 over 1? If it's due to the lack of a Custom Arcade mode where you don't need other people to play with you (since there's only like 10 people playing BF2015 now) then I get it, but I personally prefer BF2's system. Maybe to make everyone happy have this as a server option or for a different game type.
  • vonVile
    316 posts Member
    I forgot to mention they can use the loot boxes to hold the weapons to keep that asset in the game instead of tokens.
  • vonVile said:
    Lionbite said:
    Well, no, they moved on from this mechanic from a good reason.


    Otherwise, they have to make them new abilities/ loadout elements... hum Star Cards.
    What was the reason? To make game play boring?

    It was fun to drop a Blaster Cannon in a tight corridor to protect a beacon making it almost impossible for the other team to get to it, taking out Leia, who thinks she's safe under her shield, with Orbital Strike, or using 2 Thermal Detonators back to back to kill Boba Fett in a bunker single handed.

    They don't have to make Star Cards or a new class. Classes limiting players' choices is why BF2 isn't as good as BF1. BF1 was flexible. BF2 is rigid and strict.

    As for how to re-implement the Weapon Token System just use the slot being used for the Ion Cannon and Triangle to hold and deploy.
    So the game fall again in a single-minded playstyle with no team play, the game progressing only because playing on their own?
    That would be unbalanced, as good as to play offline with bots.

    With a new reinforcement class (as a prestigiously appealing and meaningful Commander,
      
    (because the officer is a lower rank like Sargeant, Lieutenant, and Captain)

    Limited in number (1 or 2 at a time) with these items as abilities and weapons:

    deployable manned blaster cannon turret,
    orbital strike, using a probe recon droid or mircobinoculars/goggles
    blaster damage buff...
    and a semi-auto heavy repeater blaster rifle (DC-15, DLT-19, E-5 heavy...)

    would be more balanced and meaningful support to your team providing heavy payloads of equipment

    The probe droid otherwise would be cool for the specialist class as an autonomous recon tool, moving on on its own and providing decoy by shooting enemy troopers with a low power blaster canon.
  • vonVile said:
    I forgot to mention they can use the loot boxes to hold the weapons to keep that asset in the game instead of tokens.
    This would be nice thought, getting them in random loot crates instead of getting them on the battlefront.
    And then using them when willing to ingame.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!