criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Vehicles are too OP and unbalanced vs heroes

Prev13
DarthCapa2
2929 posts Member
@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

Vehicles are too OP and unbalanced vs heroes. As you can see in some videos and in the majors of players opinions. 
Especially saber heroes can't do almost nothing against them. Solutions:

- 1) Remove or decrease drastically the damage when a vehicle touch a hero. AT-ST, AAT etc can melt a hero only touching him, in this way saber heroes can't attack them and is not fair. 

- 2) Make saber swings more easy to land on speeders and increase the damage. Actually you need 4/5 swings to destroy a STAP and you need to jump to hit it, good speeder players just use the speed to stay away from you and is impossible kill them (and escape if they want chase you). 

- 3) Force powers should affect vehicles better and more. Luke Push should damage AT-ST, and should bring down players from speeders, same for Kylo's and Anakin's pulls etc.. 
Vader saber throw, Dooku lightning etc should one shot players on speeders. 

It isn't a secondary thing because often this state create frustrating situations, like players in vehicles chasing heroes for all the map and the duration of the game. 

Replies

• Lonnisity said:
    Heroes are too op and unbalanced against infantry.

Price of respectively Infantry , Vehicles and Heroes ?
    BP accumulated after each of them die ?

Oh....
  • bfloo
    15681 posts Member
    Raices said:
    I find that most vehicle abusers are salty players that get abused when playing as infantry OR salty players that got tired of getting wrecked by opposing heroes. Btw. hero cost and some vehicles cost are in need of a raise.
    I agree that costs need to go up across the board.

The novelty of road killing heroes gas past for me, unless I just want to troll.

I miss being able to road kill team mate heroes on the 15 game.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Either heroes have a way of actually doing damage or they increase the prices of vehicles, 200 or 800 shouldn’t be enough to kill heroes without any problem.
  • vonVile said:
    The problem isn't that they are OP, it's that their BP costs are beyond dirt cheap. When vehicles cost less than weakest enhanced troops you know the BP cost system is completely unbalanced.
    - All speederbike types should be 1000 and their health should be nerfed to 300-350.
    - AT-RT/AT-ST should be 1500-2000
    - Tanks should be 2500.
    - Fighters should be 3000.

@F8RGE
    Then all heroes should cost 6k, not a measly 4k.
    Bingo 
  • vonVile
    337 posts Member
    vonVile said:
    The problem isn't that they are OP, it's that their BP costs are beyond dirt cheap. When vehicles cost less than weakest enhanced troops you know the BP cost system is completely unbalanced.
    - All speederbike types should be 1000 and their health should be nerfed to 300-350.
    - AT-RT/AT-ST should be 1500-2000
    - Tanks should be 2500.
    - Fighters should be 3000.

@F8RGE
    Then all heroes should cost 6k, not a measly 4k.

I agree.
  • Ben_Solo said:
    4) stop playing as heroes. 

5) stop crying when someone bigger comes along to stop your easy kill streak/bullying. 
    Lol so you first say "Nope. Bottom 5 in most of my games." in the other post so you literally admit you are trash and in this post you call hero streaks "bullying".

I will translate what ankesepamon is saying

4) don't play a prime component of the game because I suck and don't want you to kill me

5) stop crying when I come back for revenge 5 times in a 200bp speeder to kill you while you can not do anything against me
    If you say so. 
  • Let’s look back at order 66 and not the scene from end of last Jedi. Then maybe revisit this idea
  • Ben_Solo said:

5) stop crying when someone bigger comes along to stop your easy kill streak/bullying. 
    Lol so you first say "Nope. Bottom 5 in most of my games." in the other post so you literally admit you are trash and in this post you call hero streaks "bullying".

4) don't play a prime component of the game because I suck and don't want you to kill me

5) stop crying when I come back for revenge 5 times in a 200bp speeder to kill you while you can not do anything against me
    If you say so. 

I will show you the dark side.
  • Ben_Solo said:
    Ben_Solo said:

If you say so. 

It burns.
  • Yes, speeders can take out your hero if you don't block or get out of the way.

So use your light saber to block and/or get out of the way.

How long have you played this game? You do realize there’s splash damage and the barrage is unblockable right? 
    And? The problem exactly is? 

If you're deflecting most of the damage and then proceed to run to find cover and evade the vehicle then you'll lose some hp but will eventually regain it back by continuing to play. Crying about it ain't gonna do anything. How long have you been playing this game lol?
    No, like you can’t deflect it...
    Splash damage ain't deflectable... because it's splash damage... 
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    All these crybaby threads about vehicles (built for war) owning precious herolords (as they should) are the most pathetic and amusing posts I've ever read hahaha. How sad. People expecting to just run out and be immune to everything shouldn't even play as heroes in the first place.
    People will find anything to complain about, they just move on from one thing to another, to another and so on

Devs will always face a losing battle with this community 
  • I like the idea of force powers dealing damage to vehicles/vehicle operators, deflecting speeder's blaster bolts, dealing them more damage (both with sabers and hero's blasters/abilities). Heroes are very vulnerable against them considering how cheap  at-sts and speeders are so that would be ok.

HOWEVER, that could make heroes to good overall and much more difficult to kill. So how about  1 hero per side available at phase 1&2, 2 per side phase 3. Middle ground.

OR

Easier and less controversial solution - increasing the costs of vehicles and leaving the rest as it is now. That would be ok too and probably more casual friendly.
  • Yes, speeders can take out your hero if you don't block or get out of the way.

So use your light saber to block and/or get out of the way.

How long have you played this game? You do realize there’s splash damage and the barrage is unblockable right? 
    The splash damage is not enough to take you out.  Also that is where, get out of the way, comes into play.   dodge/roll and or jump.
  • My guess is the vehicles are priced the way there are to make sure they are vehicles present in the mode at all times.  Why? The modes are designed as large scale battles with troopers, ships and vehicles at war.

Without the ships and vehicles right off the bat, it is just ground troops and less epic of battles.  Those phases are not meant to be hero centric. No matter how much you want them to be.

If you are not able to block, dodge and use available cover to survive long enough to be happy, I would not suggest picking a hero until a latter phase that is safer for you.
  • I don’t really care about the tanks their fine, but the speeders are horrible. Instant One Shot on all ground forces, and if you’ve ever used Barrage on tanks it melts them to half health. Simply nerf their Barrage, or increase BP
  • Y’all just don’t get it 😂😂😂. But keep crying about hero’s