criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

You must choose: Scarif or Bespin!!!

Prev1
FightingLions14
505 posts Member
edited July 2019
Here is the scenario: the Battlefront Dev team only has enough resources to make 1 more map, and they announced it will be for the OT Era!! The team presents you the options of Scarif or Bespin for the map. They will both be originally created maps, not ports. The maps would be designed for most/all game modes.

With this is mind, what will your vote be?

You can vote here: 
https://forms.gle/NwH1WaXC2FPzTvhJ6

Comment below which map you would prefer to be made and why. Your vote will be valuable for the future of Battlefront 2!!

And Battlefront Dev team...pay attention to this for future map creations, as this feedback might help shape your future road map. 😉

Thanks and have a Great Day! 😄

Replies

• Empire_TW
    7091 posts Member
    Bespin.

Cloud City, laboratories, Carbon Freezing chamber were all great maps from last game and 2004's version of cloud city and Platforms were some of the best maps from that game. 
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • DXlolman
    887 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    No love for Sullust eh.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • DXlolman said:
    No love for Sullust aye.
    I was gonna add more maps to the vote, but then the community vote is so divided...this is why I put the prefer other OT map option. I really love Sullist I’m BF2015 and wouldn’t mind if it made a return at all!!😄
  • Cyro
    459 posts Member
    Scarif. Bespin is nice but in BF1 it had the problem of not having ANY cover and large fields where you get shot in seconds. like Crait without trenches.
    Checklist to improve the Game:
    -End cross Era Heroes in Galactic Assault
    -41st Camo Scouts on Kashyyyk
    -More Blasters (SE-14, T-21 etc.)
    -Weapon Rework (attachments, scopes, iron sights, stocks)
    -Actual reload animations like on DC-17 Commando (magchange)
    -Option to disable other players skins clientside (no more Legion Mix)

• Although I like Scarif it’s no comparison to Bespin imo. 

DXlolman said:
    No love for Sullust eh.
    Yes in deed, another epic location. 
  • I assume this is hypothetical.. i haven't seen them announce anything like that. Do you mean only large scale modes? Cause we already have Bespin in BF2. Maybe im overthinking this LOL. Id say Scariff but for a large scale mode what id really love to see is Mustafar. Imagine fighting across fields of flowing lava outside Vaders palace looming in the background...
  • Wonder what the Battlefront Devs, forum managers or others that are apart of DICE would vote? Maybe one will grace us with their presence......cough @F8RGE cough
  • I assume this is hypothetical.. i haven't seen them announce anything like that. Do you mean only large scale modes? Cause we already have Bespin in BF2. Maybe im overthinking this LOL. Id say Scariff but for a large scale mode what id really love to see is Mustafar. Imagine fighting across fields of flowing lava outside Vaders palace looming in the background...
    100% hypothetical indeed. The map could be used for GA, HvV, blast, etc. Mustafar would be cool too 😎
  • this_old_mouse
    2216 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I think I would go for Scarif. While Bespin is cool, it feels very bland. Scarif however is very unique and interesting with sand, water, and thick bushes scattered along the area. The worst part of Scarif in 2015front was the crazy amount of invisible walls/barriers linked to these bushes which made it feel like a maze sometimes. However I have faith that they could get it better this time around. For GA on Scarif they could make it very similar to the Infiltration mode in 2015front. 
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I think I would go for Scarif. While Bespin is cool, it feels very bland. Scarif however is very unique and interesting with sand, water, and thick bushes scattered along the area. The worst part of Scarif in 2015front was the crazy amount of invisible walls/barriers linked to these bushes which made it feel like a maze sometimes. However I have faith that they could get it better this time around. For GA on Scarif they could make it very similar to the Infiltration mode in 2015front. 
    Maybe the tower could be included but main fighting on the beaches. We lack a true tropical map, as I considered Kyassak more swamp/marsh over tropical.
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    I would say Scarif in this case since more stuff for Rebels can be added, like skins. In an ideal world, Scarif, Sullust, Bespin. OT all the way. And in the case Bespin is ever added, Bespin Luke is sorely needed
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • anidriX
    1618 posts Member
    As much as I'd like Rogue One representation in this game, Bespin is much more of an iconic location and it's not similar at all to the rest for the maps we currently have. Scarif on the other hand, is just a beach.
  • Scarif is also in the final mission of the campaign, it should be ridiculously easy to port over, just like every single other campaign map that has yet to be put in multiplayer. 
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Scariff 
  • Scarif is also in the final mission of the campaign, it should be ridiculously easy to port over, just like every single other campaign map that has yet to be put in multiplayer. 
    Vardos and Pillio not being in multiplayer offers something "exclusive" to the campaign so I understand why those two will never be available sadly. But would be good to see Sullust in multiplayer again.

• Scarif
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member

Scarif
    this
  • Scarif
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    If they did a Rogue One season *cough cough wink wink Developers* Scarif for the large modes, and for the small modes, the inner complex OR if we want to get crazy, Vader's Castle for extraction/blast/strike
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Empire_TW
    7091 posts Member
    It took 2 months to port Admin's Palace to this game, it is a safe bet that the other Bespin maps would take roughly the same amount of time.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Lyc4n
    1737 posts Member
    Scarif without a doubt
  • I'd love to have both, but if I must choose  then Bespin. One of the most iconic Star Wars location.
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member
    Bespin
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DCDT
    194 posts Member
    Scarif
  • OcDoc
    2126 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    If between these two...

Probably Bespin for CS and Scarif for GA. 

God I miss the carbon freezing chamber. It was so iconic and awesome to play!
  • FightingLions14
    505 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    OcDoc said:
    If between these two...

Probably Bespin for CS and Scarif for GA. 

God I miss the carbon freezing chamber. It was so iconic and awesome to play!
    Idk why the freezing chambers weren’t brought back over the other Bespin map. Still puzzles me to this day 🤔
  • Bespin is definitely the better choice. Classic map in any star wars game. 
  • Scarif by a long shot. No competition.

We already got Bespin ported over for the small modes, they're not gonna port over a other Bespin map nor are they gonna create one from scratch (and there's Bespin in Campaign too). 

Rogue One is sorely missing, whether Scarif is ported over or created from scratch (if they're gonna create one OT map from scratch there's no better choice than Scarif) then it's a win-win either way.

And Scarif would add variety to the planet roster.

Couldn't be clearer.
    Agreed.  I would love more Bespin, but it's undeniably represented in the game already on some level.  Scarif is absent completely.  Answer has to be Scarif at this point....
  • Scarif but only if it comes with K2SO. 
    Sullust. 
  • Bespin is already in the game.

Do you mean as a map for the larger game modes, like GA?
    Where's the offline content?
    ehwmyfbp0dvm.gif
  • Oh man, that's a very mean question because i would love to see both maps in the game. If anyone would ask me which maps i would want to have the most in SWBF2 i would answer: Scarif, Bespin, Sullust. I think i would also choose 3 ported small-scale maps (one per planet) for Extraction, Blast, HvV and Arcade over one original large-scale map.
  • Looking at some of the recent post by the devs, I can safely say that neither of these maps will ever see the light of day lol. 

• Smattonellus
    895 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Rember to drop it on reddit too.

Btw imma go with Sullust, lame and all but I really liked it.
  • Bespin is already in the game.

Do you mean as a map for the larger game modes, like GA?
    I understand Bespin is in the game already with the port, but this post is meant to gauge if ppl would want a brand new map, built from the ground up, for maybe large scale modes, like you mentioned, or to be used by all game modes. I made the choices Bespin and Scarif because they seem like the 2 most likely candidates for the OT era. I have learned that Sullust can’t be counted out either, which is good news!!
  • FightingLions14
    505 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    @F8RGE I know you are a busy man and all, but do you think you could shout this post/thread with the survey out on Twitter? More votes means more feedback which could help you guys in the long run. If someone famous like you shouts out the post, this could easily get 1,000 + votes (at 100 currently). All I ask is that you please consider.

Also, on a less serious note, how is vacation? Hope all is well. 😁
  • bespin is already in the game...... so i would do scarif.
  • Scarif 
  • DarthJ
    7079 posts Member
    Would love both ideally, but if I had to pick one it would be Bespin.
  • Laser921
    2144 posts Member
    Both would be great and honestly, I dont get why both cant be added, add more replay to the game
  • mastery0ta
    6723 posts Member
    Gonna be a Scariff for me.
  • Alex64
    8152 posts Member
    Bespin? Hmmm...
  • Bespin can take it from BF1 and make improvements, even for Scarif (it is already in the campaigna). So why not put them both?
  • Rax
    42 posts Member
    Bespin.
  • Scarif all day. 
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Alex64 said:
    Bespin? Hmmm...
    Jyn be trying to sneak into battlefront 2 🤐🤫
  • Scarif!
  • bfloo
    16760 posts Member
    Bespin, I didn't like their version of Scarif in the last game, and the last game's maps all tend to be better.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png