criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Emoting, when to do it, when not to.

Daijooky
58 posts Member
edited July 28
So, we've all come across players that use the emotes, heck I'll admit that I use it myself.  But something that's been grinding my gears (as they say) is the over use or rather misuse of them. No I'm not referring to those that consistently are emoting, for them is a special place in hell. No I refer to those that use it out of place.

For example, your entire team has just taken down one opponent and it took a good amount of time doing it. The brag emote is uncalled for.  Just walk away.  Bragging at that point is akin to the bullies that would brag after three or more of them would take one person down.  Now if the same scenario is played out but the solo player comes out on top, emote away. Also whenever you one on one someone feel free to emote.  But for Yoda's sake, all you Emo Ren users, stop emoting Coward after 3 of you beat one poor player up. Coward is best used when you cannot find the opposing team. That and Vader's You cannot hide forever.

Proper use of emotes can also send the enemy into a frenzy. At which point they, usually, are playing carelessly.  This is probably mostly a moot point as the emotes no longer work once you move. Which begs the question of how those that are constantly emoting, the annoying ones, are doing so.  Almost make one wish for the spam rules in other games that block you from zone chat if you post too often.

So remember, to paraphrase an old song, you've got to know when to emote then know when to hold in. Know when to walk away and know when to run.

Live long and force be with you.

Remember. Over emoting. Special place in hell. 😈
"I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
Post edited by Daijooky on

Replies

• I try to emote once and while but it's to chaotic that half the time to use. I normally do losing, winning, Roger Roger, rock paper scissors, denied, injured, I'm sorry, and flirty. 

I hate the cowards emote. I used it along time ago. It got real frustrating when others use it constantly after each kill. So I mute the matches if a Kylo player screams it first. I no longer have that emote listed on him. 
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • OcDoc
    1675 posts Member
    I joined a trash team mid-game and got 3v1’d as Maul but managed to take out one dude and got the other 2 down to around 10-15% health when I finally was killed off by Anakin and dude emoted me. I was like, “you can’t be serious”. It was so dopey and ridiculous and I thought it was really an embarrassment to that player. 

I paid attention to who he was and had my fingers crossed that he would be across from me in the next lobby. My wish came true and the next game I had decent enough players that I could pretty much just hunt him down over and over again. That was pretty much the end of it.  The whole team left the next game so I assume it was a group and he was the lead fool. 

I have said it before... emoting does come with some risk. Karma can be a hell of a thing. 
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    Emote when you want, and just laugh when people emote you for no apparent reason.

People are all too sensitive these days.

Don't forget, most prob emote every little thing, just because they can.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I emote often because it makes me laugh, not to taunt anyone.  It's only a game.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Enzyoo
    209 posts Member
    It's an emote.
    It's a video game.
    It's fictional characters.

/s

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Enzyoo said:
    It's an emote.
    It's a video game.
    It's fictional characters.

/s

Couldn't resist.   :D
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Revan72 said:
    I agree, unfortunately there are players who just 4v1 you, then emote like they're skilled. The only times I emote the other team is when they're chill and are mucking around, or one of them is being toxic and I give them a taste of they're own medicine. I enjoy ruining a toxic players day.
    See that all the time, scrubs that outnumber seem to love to emote 
  • Yeah if I get killed by a party and emoted at by some scrub when I’m playing with the DS you can bet your *** you’re gonna take some rockets to the back and told you can’t hide from me within the next minute
  • Revan72 said:
    I agree, unfortunately there are players who just 4v1 you, then emote like they're skilled. The only times I emote the other team is when they're chill and are mucking around, or one of them is being toxic and I give them a taste of they're own medicine. I enjoy ruining a toxic players day.
    Yeah, I usually play Boskk on V side and get the bum rush of Jedi after me. Usually I can take one down and severely damage the others yet someone always feels that need to brag.  Then I'll switch to Emo Ren and make sure I kill the one that bragged and emote the "Do not oppose me to" them.  I don't like playing jedi/with as it's too easy to kill but sure as heck I'll do it for that purpose. After a couple of times I'll switch back to Boskk. 
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • d0kRX
    1422 posts Member
    Just emote everybody and don't take it personally when emotes are sent your way.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • I had to post. Was just in a match where the guy playing Ren kept consistently using the 'Do not oppose me' emote.  I groaned and went on my way in the match until I noticed that he and the Chewie were engaged in an emote fest. Not fighting, more than likely recording for someone's youtube or twitch.  He even "attacked" me when I killed Chewie.  After a bit, it became obvious that at least three of us were actively fighting and the rest were just standing there...emoting at each other.  Fortunately the other players, the ones actually fighting, and I chose to focus on them. It was hilarious.  I mean if you want to record for your channel, then get a group to do it or at least send messages to the other players.  Yes, it's not easy if you are on console to do it but at least try, or risk being attacked...a lot.
  • I'd like to see Emote Immunity to promote the use of emotes by troopers and heroes alike. The only "safe" time to emote is after killing someone (which is usually either bragging or taunting). To each their own, but some of the best times I've had in the game is when you find that opposing player who is willing to emote at you then wait for your response (especially in HvV). It's immersive and very Star Wars. And adds to the fun.

But once you start emoting you're a helpless target. That or you cancel the emote and then what's the point?

If players were immune to damage during the emote it might stop opposing players from spam blasting you during the emote, and might actually encourage more emoting between teammates and enemies alike.
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    damage immunity during emotes, I'd never take damage again.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Players that do emotes after EVERY KILL must feel like Gods after taking down an enemy with the help of the other 3 players