criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Hero/Vehicle spam

I think there needs to be a better system to prevent people from being able to just repeatedly pick heroes or vehicles. Most games end with the same 4-6 people being heroes the entire match preventing other players from using them and often leading to incredible kill counts just because they can be a hero 9 times in a row. I've seen the same thing with vehicles in CS where people get tanks and sit in the back firing towards enemy spawn for the entire match racking up tons of points off of AI and plays just spawning into the game. 

The last game I played had a player get over 230 eliminations because he picked the AAT 36 times in a row (I counted). 

Replies

• I totally agree. I think that after the player in the vehicle dies, there needs to be a 3-5 minute period where that player can’t be in a vehicle.
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    edited August 8
    Gonbei624 wrote: »
    I think there needs to be a better system to prevent people from being able to just repeatedly pick heroes or vehicles. Most games end with the same 4-6 people being heroes the entire match preventing other players from using them and often leading to incredible kill counts just because they can be a hero 9 times in a row. I've seen the same thing with vehicles in CS where people get tanks and sit in the back firing towards enemy spawn for the entire match racking up tons of points off of AI and plays just spawning into the game. 

The last game I played had a player get over 230 eliminations because he picked the AAT 36 times in a row (I counted). 

you must be new. this is perfectly normal, according to DICE. also, AT-ST are far superior to CIS vehicles.
    Battlefield = Not Star Wars - Force Unleashed = Star Wars #infantrylivesmatter
  • I totally agree. I think that after the player in the vehicle dies, there needs to be a 3-5 minute period where that player can’t be in a vehicle.

AND heroes.
  • Franchaud
    572 posts Member
    edited August 8
    BUT - you know how hard it is to maintain an AT-ST when they are prepared? you won't last three ion towers. you found a equally easy solution to heroes, let me know.
  • In a similar game, they had a queue, so you could line up, so to speak, to get heroes (and, I suppose, vehicles and reinforcements). That would solve this concern, and also keep people from waiting on the spawn screen for a hero instead of playing in the game.
  • charliesniper05
    8 posts Member
    edited September 19
    Franchaud wrote: »
    BUT - you know how hard it is to maintain an AT-ST when they are prepared? you won't last three ion towers. you found a equally easy solution to heroes, let me know.

Idk if people are going to agree with this but its just a thought.

Galactic Assault

There could be a limit of how many vehicles each team could have. For example, the Empire can only use 15 AT-STs during the whole match but only 2 can be used at a time. At the end of each phase, the Empire would gain 2 AT-STs. Now 15 is the cap so they can’t go above 15. Something like that I think would slow it down a little and it would make people think a little bit more tactical about what they do instead of going in guns blazing. Now for the heroes, they can only be allowed to spawn in as that particular hero a total of one time during that phase. If the same hero dies in that same phase, that hero cannot be played for the rest of the phase. Now when a different phase starts, all heroes (cap is still 2) are now open to everyone above 4,000 BPs. For example, on Yavin 4, it is phase 1 and someone spawns in as Obi-Wan. 3 minutes later, Obi-Wan dies so no one else can use him for the rest of that phase. Now when phase 2 starts, Obi-Wan would be available to use again. This cycle would keep repeating itself until the match has come to an end.

Capital Supremacy:

For the vehicles, if someone was to spawn in as an AAT, and it blows up 45 seconds later, another AAT cannot be chosen for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Again like I said for Galactic Assault, this would make people actually use their brains and think about what they want to do. For the heroes, if someone chose to spawn in as Darth Maul, and he dies 7 minutes later, Maul cannot be played for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Now for the ship phase, since there’s a timer now, I was thinking to do the same thing with Galactic Assault.