criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Episode 9 Predictions

I think Palpatine will return in another form of course and take over the first order as his empire. Rey and Kylo will run off and be Grey Jedi. And it will be a big battle to take down palpatine once again.

Replies

• DarthJ
    6570 posts Member
    edited July 29
    I hope not - any actual part of Palpatine coming back completely dilutes I-VI and automatically knocks down Anakins importance to the saga.

I'd like to think that it will be a hologram or messenger of Palpatine, which Kylo finds first and acts like the heir to the throne kind of thing (although not a Sith). Rey and co vs Kylo and the Knights of Ren, with Rey and co winning.

Unsure if Kylo will die or not. Would rather he did as he hasnt been the best of villains, and it would be odd for him to turn back after TLJ
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • It has been confirmed that Palpatine will be back in some kind of physical capacity.

As for Kylo... he will turn from the Dark Side and then die, probably in Rey's arms (though it would be funnier if it were Poe's or Finn's).

Why? Because that's the Star Wars formula. And if there is one thing J.J. cannot do, it's break formula.

Emotionally abusive drug dealing hack...
  • DarthJ
    6570 posts Member
    It has been confirmed that Palpatine will be back in some kind of physical capacity.

As for Kylo... he will turn from the Dark Side and then die, probably in Rey's arms (though it would be funnier if it were Poe's or Finn's).

Why? Because that's the Star Wars formula. And if there is one thing J.J. cannot do, it's break formula.

where has it been confirmed he is back in a physical capacity?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ said:
    It has been confirmed that Palpatine will be back in some kind of physical capacity.

where has it been confirmed he is back in a physical capacity?
    The video interviews after the trailer dropped. Both with Ian and Kennedy, a few other places too.
  • bfloo
    15532 posts Member
    It is just sad the only credible threat to Rey they can come up with is Palps  :'(

Sorry crylo fans, Rey already slapped him around twice.  He's not a threat.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo said:
    It is just sad the only credible threat to Rey they can come up with is Palps  :'(

Sorry crylo fans, Rey already slapped him around twice.  He's not a threat.
    Technically, she tied with him the second time. It was Luke who slapped Kylo around.

But yeah. I would have preferred Kylo to have a little more menace in him.
  • OcDoc
    1681 posts Member
    JJ film so I think maybe there is yet another Death Star and it ends with the Emperor trying to convince force Ghost Luke to join the dark side and force Ghost Vader throws the Emperor in a pit to die... again.