criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Han’s Shoulder Charge.

How is it that Chewbacca’s ‘Charge Slam’ doesn't do damage when a lightsaber villain is blocking, yet Han’s ‘Shoulder Charge’ does when he uses it? It shouldn’t do damage. Doesn’t really make sense.

Replies

• OcDoc
    2021 posts Member
    Much harder to land than Chewie’s slam. 

If the villain blocks, how much damage does it even do?  
  • vonVile
    412 posts Member
    It does good damage to a blocking Sith. Something like 150-175. I've taken out a few weak health ones using it.
  • Han is weak enough a character that I think it’s a very fair perk to his Shoulder Charge. 
  • Han is weak enough a character that I think it’s a very fair perk to his Shoulder Charge. 

No he ain’t.
  • Lando’s ‘Smoke Grenade’ is absolutely pathetic, even with the boost card that makes it wider and thicker. He’s not that good in my opinion.
  • BlueBox5 said:
    Lando’s ‘Smoke Grenade’ is absolutely pathetic, even with the boost card that makes it wider and thicker. He’s not that good in my opinion.
    I recall reading that his smoke grenade was supposed to break target locks. About the only target lock I've ever seen it work on is Phasma's droid.  Everyone else seems to ignore it thanks to saber tracking
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • BlueBox5 said:
    Han is weak enough a character that I think it’s a very fair perk to his Shoulder Charge. 

No he ain’t.
    Literally like 3 or 4 hits from any saber villain and he’s a goner. It’s very fair to have that last resort move.  
  • BlueBox5 said:
    Han is weak enough a character that I think it’s a very fair perk to his Shoulder Charge. 

No he ain’t.
    Literally like 3 or 4 hits from any saber villain and he’s a goner. It’s very fair to have that last resort move.  
    You mean about 5 hits. He can roll you know to avoid saber strikes and a lot of force powers. He does have a blaster as well and has a detonite charge. He deals massive damage per second.
  • BlueBox5 said:
    BlueBox5 said:

No he ain’t.
    You mean about 5 hits. He can roll you know to avoid saber strikes and a lot of force powers. He does have a blaster as well and has a detonite charge. He deals massive damage per second.
    You can’t roll to avoid Iden’s Alt. fire splash damage, Palps Aura, Bossks fumes, or Dooku’s “Expose Weakness” and can barley avoid a well aimed barrage from Boba, which all make Han able to be killed in less than 5 hits when facing a lightsaber villain. 
  • BlueBox5 said:
    BlueBox5 said:

No he ain’t.
    You can’t roll to avoid Iden’s Alt. fire splash damage, Palps Aura, Bossks fumes, or Dooku’s “Expose Weakness” and can barley avoid a well aimed barrage from Boba, which all make Han able to be killed in less than 5 hits when facing a lightsaber villain. 
    I don’t think Iden can really roll to avoid Han’s ‘Detonite Charge’ either. Han isn’t the only character who can’t avoid ‘Dark Aura’ and Bossk’s ‘Dioxis Grenade’. What about Chewbacca and Lando?
  • TiNie
    308 posts Member
    Han is weak enough a character that I think it’s a very fair perk to

In HvV Han is a strong charakter like some other blaster users, you can rule a match with him. Han is really good in 1vs1, against most other charakters.
    Detonite charge seems to be able to use 2 or more times in a row and break through blocks, same with shoulder charge. Then he can roll as one of a few blaster heroes in the game for 3 times in a row. Sometimes impossible to hit him with a lightsaber.
    Running and punching thorugh or into a lightsaber is so ridiculous and should be reworked.
    Good players always are at the top of the list with blaster users in hvv

• Probably because one is a Single Target Damage whereas Chewie's slam is an Area of Effect Damage? Why are you asking? Do you think it's "OP"?

It makes Han viable for surviving longer so his teammates can get the Sith off of him. It's not like shooters can hope to beat a saber 1v1 unless the saber messed up badly, but that's a skill problem. (Console tbf. Not speaking for PC)

I say let Han be. He's fine

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• DiamondxStyles
    1764 posts Member
    edited August 5
    TiNie said:

In HvV Han is a strong charakter like some other blaster users, you can rule a match with him. Han is really good in 1vs1, against most other charakters.
    Detonite charge seems to be able to use 2 or more times in a row and break through blocks, same with shoulder charge. Then he can roll as one of a few blaster heroes in the game for 3 times in a row. Sometimes impossible to hit him with a lightsaber.
    Running and punching thorugh or into a lightsaber is so ridiculous and should be reworked.

Well yeah of course. Blasters, Anakin Skywalker, and Vader (or Grieve..) are usually going to be the main sources of damage. That doesn't mean the blaster has a chance against high tier players if their teammates leave them to die. The Saber Hero blocking and doing no damage next to the Blaster (defending) is just as pivotal as the blaster getting all the points. It's about playing roles

Wait, did you say he can roll 3 times? lmao no he can't

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Probably because one is a Single Target Damage whereas Chewie's slam is an Area of Effect Damage? Why are you asking? Do you think it's "OP"?

It makes Han viable for surviving longer so his teammates can get the Sith off of him. It's not like shooters can hope to beat a saber 1v1 unless the saber messed up badly, but that's a skill problem. (Console tbf. Not speaking for PC)

How does it make sense for Han to do damage if he rams his shoulder into a lightsaber? It’s ridiculous.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1764 posts Member
    edited August 5
    BlueBox5 said:
    Probably because one is a Single Target Damage whereas Chewie's slam is an Area of Effect Damage? Why are you asking? Do you think it's "OP"?

How does it make sense for Han to do damage if he rams his shoulder into a lightsaber? It’s ridiculous.
    Are you talking lore-wise now, or game mechanic-wise? because obviously it's not going to make sense if considering the former. Name a video game based off another source of media that has completely true to lore mechanics. That's a ridiculous assertion. Is that actually your argument against it?

Why don't we make some threads on how ridiculous it is that Rey can mind trick Darth Sidious or Vader then while we're at it? Or that Kylo Ren can Freeze Anakin Skywalker and/or Yoda in place while he fights elsewhere? Or that sabers don't OHK etc.

Game mechanics vs realism. It's a balancing thing

• BlueBox5 said:
    Probably because one is a Single Target Damage whereas Chewie's slam is an Area of Effect Damage? Why are you asking? Do you think it's "OP"?

Are you talking lore-wise now, or game mechanic-wise? because obviously it's not going to make sense if considering the former. Name a video game based off another source of media that has completely true to lore mechanics. That's a ridiculous assertion. Is that actually your argument against it?

Why don't we make some threads on how ridiculous it is that Rey can mind trick Darth Sidious or Vader then while we're at it? Or that Kylo Ren can Freeze Anakin Skywalker and/or Yoda in place while he fights elsewhere? Or that sabers don't OHK etc.

If Han can do damage through a block, why can’t Chewbacca with his ‘Charge Slam’?
  • DiamondxStyles
    1764 posts Member
    edited August 5
    BlueBox5 said:
    BlueBox5 said:

If Han can do damage through a block, why can’t Chewbacca with his ‘Charge Slam’?
    Not going to repeat myself. Just gave one very good reason. Scroll up

• If Han can do damage through a block, why can’t Chewbacca with his ‘Charge Slam’?
  • bfloo
    16093 posts Member
    BlueBox5 said:
    Any saber user who watched Chewie hulk slam the ground would laugh at him as they took his head off.

Chewie mad  lololololol
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TiNie
    308 posts Member
    TiNie said:

Well yeah of course. Blasters, Anakin Skywalker, and Vader (or Grieve..) are usually going to be the main sources of damage. That doesn't mean the blaster has a chance against high tier players if their teammates leave them to die. The Saber Hero blocking and doing no damage next to the Blaster (defending) is just as pivotal as the blaster getting all the points. It's about playing roles

Wait, did you say he can roll 3 times? lmao no he can't
    Me and other saw Han spam rolling all the time. And I have seen Han players throwing his detonite chare twice in a row and there is a videoclip in which he through is detonite charge several times in a row to one hit kill Kylo. Maybe 6-7 Charges and all exploding at one time. It is pretty obvious that we need friendly fire in HvV.
  • TiNie
    308 posts Member
    BlueBox5 said:

All what you are talking about is ridiculous too and should be changed.
    Star Wars games should be authentic and not some Battlefield clone. Blaster users in HvV should be and are strong on far range, but if it comes to melee force users should be stronger but in this game blaster users are both better far range and close combat. Where is the balance there?
  • I've taken out Grievous and Vader plenty of times w/Han. And vice-versa, had quite a few good Hans clean my clock just as easily as both.
    "Watch those wrist rockets!"
    -Unknown Clone Trooper

psnID: errornosignal
  • TiNie wrote: »
    DiamondxStyles said:

BlueBox5 said:

DiamondxStyles said:

All what you are talking about is ridiculous too and should be changed.
    Star Wars games should be authentic and not some Battlefield clone. Blaster users in HvV should be and are strong on far range, but if it comes to melee force users should be stronger but in this game blaster users are both better far range and close combat. Where is the balance there?

Blasters have little to no chance against a saber at close range, lmao. And you want an unbalanced mess in favor of story realism? Unprecedented request for a multiplayer game