criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Content Restricting Event

Prev134
Empire_TW
6334 posts Member
Taking away half the heroes in a mode is an event now. I really don't understand this, can we just have no event? The game would literally have more content without it.

Also to consider this game's saber combat as "Elegant" is quite laughable. Not as laughable as the fact that full saber teams are already extremely common.

Seriously, why does this developer team think that things, like taking away 75% of the maps and taking 50% of the heroes away, are Events?
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
First Max Prestige Iden Versio
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    Empire_TW said:
    Taking away half the heroes in a mode is an event now. I really don't understand this, can we just have no event? The game would literally have more content without it.

Also to consider this game's saber combat as "Elegant" is quite laughable. Not as laughable as the fact that full saber teams are already extremely common.

Seriously, why does this developer team think that things, like taking away 75% of the maps and taking 50% of the heroes away, are Events?
    What will you do with no Nina for a weekend?

Elegant being laughable isn't even close, I can't think of the proper adjective.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Did they really describe their saber combat as elegant? LMFAO.

They seriously just confirmed that they don’t even play the game they ‘work’ for, let alone make bug fixes for. Yikes
  • OcDoc said:
    IDK. Might be nice to have a weekend where I am not getting shot in the back from halfway across the map. 

No Chewie. No Iden. No Han. No Boba. I think I can handle that for a weekend too.
    I wasn't sold before, but when you put it that way, that sounds divine. :D

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Alex64 said:
    We should receive a only trooper event
    I think the saber heroes only event is strictly for HvV. But yeah a trooper only event would be really cool
  • OcDoc said:
    IDK. Might be nice to have a weekend where I am not getting shot in the back from halfway across the map. 

No Chewie. No Iden. No Han. No Boba. I think I can handle that for a weekend too.

It's no big deal. And I'm sure they'll test out a blasters‐only heroes HvV at some point. Will be interesting to see how they play out.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    513 posts Member
    edited August 1
    Empire_TW said:

Why do you care about saber combat ?
  • FourStringBass4
    1484 posts Member
    edited August 1
    Most matches are nothing by saber heroes anyway. 
  • bfloo said:
    Empire_TW said:

What will you do with no Nina for a weekend?

Elegant being laughable isn't even close, I can't think of the proper adjective.
    Not play, making the game unenjoyable seems to be the goal of these events.

It's only one weekend relax
    So?

Empire_TW said:

Why do you care about saber combat ?
    This isn't about saber combat.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Would love to see blaster heroes only and all sabers taken away for once, can only imagine how that would change the game’s dynamic.
  • “It’s only for one weekend”

That’s what I thought too about Heroes Unleashed, now it’s EVERY month. It will only get worse.
    Wasn't there a 3-5 month break between the last two?
  • Pigfoot
    207 posts Member
    This event is freaking stupid. All saber lineups are very common so the fact they thought it was a good idea to make that a event is funny lol. I haven't seen a all blaster line up in 2 years lol should've did that
  • Just stop with these dumb unimaginative events. Most of them makes no sense. 
  • OcDoc said:

It's no big deal. And I'm sure they'll test out a blasters‐only heroes HvV at some point. Will be interesting to see how they play out.
    With reeinforcements
  • Chico
    394 posts Member
    Pigfoot said:
    This event is freaking stupid. All saber lineups are very common so the fact they thought it was a good idea to make that a event is funny lol. I haven't seen a all blaster line up in 2 years lol should've did that
    I played a match with randoms a couple of weeks back as LS. Me and 2 of the team chose blasters, the last person had picked Luke. They must have seen we were all blasters and changed at the last minute, so we had all blasters. We absolutely wrecked the opposition, a lot of it was down to the Han player tbf (not me) but it was so much fun.

BTW completely agree saber only event is pointless. Would love to see a blasters only event. 
  • This was a weird choice for sure. 6v6 would be better.
  • lerodemmy
    3484 posts Member
    edited August 2
    Well, @Empire_TW , you're right.

But I don't care because this will be the first event that I'll actually like.  Good luck, opponents.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • lerodemmy
    3484 posts Member
    MillSmit said:
    Awful. Charecters like Bossk and Han are the most balanced and bug free in the game. Seriously, of all of the things people have been asking for as an event, they randomly just do this? !Not for me I'm afraid.
    This is my new favorite post.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • lerodemmy said:

But I don't care because this will be the first event that I'll actually like.  Good luck, opponents.
    Laughs in MichaelxMyers
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • lerodemmy said:

Laughs in MichaelxMyers
    Can you elaborate what you mean by that?
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • lerodemmy said:
    lerodemmy said:

Laughs in MichaelxMyers
    Think it speaks for itself.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • lerodemmy said:

Laughs in MichaelxMyers
    One of the worst players on ps4 lol
  • lerodemmy said:
    lerodemmy said:

Laughs in MichaelxMyers
    Think it speaks for itself.
    I think I get it.
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • MillSmit said:
    Awful. Charecters like Bossk and Han are the most balanced and bug free in the game. Seriously, of all of the things people have been asking for as an event, they randomly just do this? !Not for me I'm afraid.

Most balanced?

''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Lyc4n
    689 posts Member
    Its just a weekend, play a different game mode for that weekend, or do something with your weekend that doesnt include playing the game, its not that deep. Theres many people asking for content restricting events such as a troopers only weekend for cs. Theres also people that ask for less heroes at the end of ga matches and now we are getfing heroes unleashes, i doubt they are very happy about that. Theres always going to be someone that dislikes and someone that likes each thing they do, its just a weekend stop complaining. I personally like the idea of sabers only, i dont even think it makes sense canonically to make blasters be able to fight saber heroes and be balanced with them in the first place, any saber hero would beat any blaster hero 9/10 times so in my eyes heroes should mostly be lightsabers anyway and just have some blasters to change it up with gameplay. 
  • Saber combat is a hot mess with block not working, dodge not working, spamming of de lasersword that teleported the enemy to you & vice versa, & you can ignore abilities by spamming. Not to mention all saber lineups are extremely common how they thought this was a good event when it's pretty much a event already is beyond me.
  • MillSmit said:

Most balanced?

Compared to the saber squad, yeah. How is Bossk not balanced?
  • Could care less, it’s just for a weekend. HvV is a low quality mode anyway. Sabers only for a few days? Sure, why not...  I’m in. 
    Low quality, that’s a positive for the mode at this point. 
  • Wallofman
    1154 posts Member
    Look it is just a weekend event, and it is a play on the words from Obi-Wan to Luke.  It is a theme, roll with it.  I think the only people who are truly upset are the mouse and keyboard players who like to roll and land head shots.  For an entire weekend their crutch it taken away. 
  • Empire_TW
    6334 posts Member
    lerodemmy said:

Do people really need to have luck to use Frezny, Thrust Surge, and Vader choke combos?
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6334 posts Member
    You people say that taking away content is bad, yet many of trooperlords ask for a no hero event. So much hypocrisy.
    I've never asked for no hero events, go troll a different thread
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6334 posts Member
    Could care less, it’s just for a weekend. HvV is a low quality mode anyway. Sabers only for a few days? Sure, why not...  I’m in. 
    Wallofman said:
    Look it is just a weekend event, and it is a play on the words from Obi-Wan to Luke.  It is a theme, roll with it.  I think the only people who are truly upset are the mouse and keyboard players who like to roll and land head shots.  For an entire weekend their crutch it taken away. 
    I don't get this "its just a weekend" mentality, why should I accept that parts of this already stale game are being taken away? I don't like HU, "don't play" I don't like ridiculous BP cost decreases "don't play". I just want to play the game normally but just about every weekend now is some event that alters the game in a negative way.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW
    6334 posts Member
    Lyc4n said:
    Its just a weekend, play a different game mode for that weekend, or do something with your weekend that doesnt include playing the game, its not that deep. Theres many people asking for content restricting events such as a troopers only weekend for cs. Theres also people that ask for less heroes at the end of ga matches and now we are getfing heroes unleashes, i doubt they are very happy about that. Theres always going to be someone that dislikes and someone that likes each thing they do, its just a weekend stop complaining. I personally like the idea of sabers only, i dont even think it makes sense canonically to make blasters be able to fight saber heroes and be balanced with them in the first place, any saber hero would beat any blaster hero 9/10 times so in my eyes heroes should mostly be lightsabers anyway and just have some blasters to change it up with gameplay. 
    I'm not gonna stop complaining when parts of the game are made unavailable for nor good reason.

I don't care that you think sabers should beat any blaster, this is a game, Gameplay>lore.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    Empire_TW said:
    lerodemmy said:

Do people really need to have luck to use Frezny, Thrust Surge, and Vader choke combos?
    Hitting 2 buttons that need specific-ish timing is a big step for this player base.

h846398gb27k.png

• Agree OP. Most HvV are 7 sabers and 1 blaster anyways
  • Cahhmakt said:
    Agree OP. Most HvV are 7 sabers and 1 blaster anyways
    Sometimes that one blaster isn't there. When I play most times I'm the only blaster, when I'm playing by myself there is the occasional good Han on the other team.

Me and him have the intense fights while all the sabers just spam each other
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • I guess it works because I’ll be looking forward to when they add back the blaster heroes. “Content” 
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lyc4n
    689 posts Member
    Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:
    I'm not gonna stop complaining when parts of the game are made unavailable for nor good reason.

I don't care that you think sabers should beat any blaster, this is a game, Gameplay>lore.
    Then your going to do alot of complaining with different events, especially wen they restrict heroes in cs or ga to try out large scale infantry only. 
  • Empire_TW
    6334 posts Member
    Lyc4n said:
    Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:

Then your going to do alot of complaining with different events, especially wen they restrict heroes in cs or ga to try out large scale infantry only. 
    I know, content restricting events shouldn't exist, there is no justifiable reason for them.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:
    Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:

I know, content restricting events shouldn't exist, there is no justifiable reason for them.
    Its called live service.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:
    Empire_TW said:
    Lyc4n said:

Its called live service.
    Based off this live service, I'd hate to see dead service.

h846398gb27k.png