criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Content Restricting Event

124Next

Replies

  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Few things.

    Events. When it comes to them our goal is to always try new things.

    Aug. 2-4 - Battlepoint Event - Reinforcements
    Aug. 9-11 - Battlepoint Event - Vehicles
    Aug. 16-18 - Battlepoint Event - Heroes Unleashed

    “New things”, you say?

    As you see, new things :(
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • SSJSnoop
    2197 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    People suck at this game.

    This limited-time event that I hope they bring back(and also have Blaster-only weekends) is gonna be awesome.

    Cry Moar.

    Why would an event that takes content away from the game bring people back? What does there being less content have to do with people not being good at the game?

    Learn how to read carefully, I didn't say anything about bringing people back.

    People are crying because they use blaster heroes as crutches, are bad with lightsabers, and hate getting killed by them.

    It's only for a limited time crybabies.

    With how rarely blaster users are used in hvv, will anyone really notice?

    The people crying about this will.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE said:
    Few things.

    Events. When it comes to them our goal is to always try new things. It's never about content restrictions or removing content but more about changing up the gameplay for a short period of time. There are also the staple events such as increased EXP which we will throw in from time to time. These not only help those veterans who have been playing for a while to finish maxing out characters, but also help new players ramp up.

    The thing with events is that for every one person saying "this is bad" there are two others saying "this is great". Or those that enjoy it don't say anything because they content with just playing it.

    Just reading this thread alone you can see people saying that they aren't too fussed about lightsabers only, but would like a blaster only event, or trooper only. 

    There will be events that you don't like, and while that is regrettable it is the age old situation of not being able to please everyone. but we will always do what we can to please the majority.

    We asked people what they thought about events in the latest community survey and all of them scored relatively highly. It is of course personal opinion, but we feel that the overall sense is that these events do bring something different every now and then. We will keep experimenting with them too, which is what we are doing with the lightsaber only weekend. It's also why we now have Double Experience Wednesdays, which helps those who are unable to play at a weekend and often miss out things. That started as an experiment and is now here to stay.

    A lot of comments are stating we don't have a clue or aren't supporting the game. I'd disagree with that, but I don't think anything I say will change your minds. You've been saying the same thing for as long as I can remember, that the game is dead etc. But here we are, releasing content almost (I know July just happened) every month and getting ready to detail what to expect over the coming months as well.

    Player count remain positive and our data, which is a mix from in-game telemetry, surveys and others are indicating that game health is trending upwards. You might things are all doom and gloom, but it seems the majority of the community might not share the same outlook as you. "Prove it" you will say, but you know what, we don't have to give you hard numbers. The reality is that even when we say "here are the numbers" we'd get people coming back with "don't believe you".

    I think it's rare thing these days that developers do share a lot of this sort of data, if anything it tends to only be around marque numbers (total players, anniversaries etc). Whether you belief it or not is down to your own prerogative.

    This isn't to say that things aren't perfect, we know there are areas we need to address. Bugs and issues being one of them - we are dedicating more time within the team to bug fixing, and addressing specific content requests - I'm cautiously optimistic that at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to.


    If your "goal" is to try "new things" don't have them be what is already the norm, all sabers is already extremely common for HvV and have your little tests sperate from the normal game.

    There is 0 justifiable reasons to reduce content, for what reason would anyone like less options?

    People aren't fussed because it is already the norm

    Again why would anyone like less content in an already stale game?

    Again take your "experiments" and make them optional, not enforced.

    This games post-launch support is bad compared to others, especially on a technical level, yeah here we are and the grand majority of the post-launch content has been clone skins.

    Yeah, same old broken record with the player count thing, you can give the whole "on our end' argument all you want but there is little reason to believe it. Saying something like "The game is doing fine, I'm not gonna prove it to you because I don't have to" really isn't helping your case either.

    Its rare? Activision does it with call of duty and Battlefield does on battlelog, also every game on steam lets Valve show player counts. The complete opposite of rare.

    Good point we have to many clone skins.They could give us more hero skins
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited August 9
    Have we ever got an answer why there can’t be separate event playlists? If they had these restricting events as separate playlists I’d be all for it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • VadersPetPig_
    788 posts Member
    edited August 9
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Have we ever got an answer why there can’t be separate event playlists? If they had these restricting events as separate playlists I’d be all for it.

    I’m still waiting for an answer as to why there is no other era compatible for Capital Supremacy.

    Then I will be waiting for answer to when more eras will be added, and if not, then why?

    We’re about to enter mid-August, and still haven’t recieved any news or teases for the real content coming to the game. How can we look forward to content coming when we find out about the content a few days before it releases?
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited August 9
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Have we ever got an answer why there can’t be separate event playlists? If they had these restricting events as separate playlists I’d be all for it.

    I’m still waiting for an answer as to why there is no other era compatible for Capital Supremacy.

    Then I will be waiting for answer to when more eras will be added, and if not, then why?

    We’re about to enter mid-August, and still haven’t recieved any news or teases for the real content coming to the game. How can we look forward to content coming when we find out about the content a few days before it releases?

    I’ve been wondering that also. Surely they must know by now what they are releasing unless the devs are super speedy and they’re still working out what the release at the end of the month should be. If they’re afraid it might be delayed I get that but cmon.

    I had my Destiny expansion delayed two weeks so they can polish it up. I’m ok with that, but at least I’ve known for months what is coming.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE said:
    Few things.

    Events. When it comes to them our goal is to always try new things. It's never about content restrictions or removing content but more about changing up the gameplay for a short period of time. There are also the staple events such as increased EXP which we will throw in from time to time. These not only help those veterans who have been playing for a while to finish maxing out characters, but also help new players ramp up.

    The thing with events is that for every one person saying "this is bad" there are two others saying "this is great". Or those that enjoy it don't say anything because they content with just playing it.

    Just reading this thread alone you can see people saying that they aren't too fussed about lightsabers only, but would like a blaster only event, or trooper only. 

    There will be events that you don't like, and while that is regrettable it is the age old situation of not being able to please everyone. but we will always do what we can to please the majority.

    We asked people what they thought about events in the latest community survey and all of them scored relatively highly. It is of course personal opinion, but we feel that the overall sense is that these events do bring something different every now and then. We will keep experimenting with them too, which is what we are doing with the lightsaber only weekend. It's also why we now have Double Experience Wednesdays, which helps those who are unable to play at a weekend and often miss out things. That started as an experiment and is now here to stay.

    A lot of comments are stating we don't have a clue or aren't supporting the game. I'd disagree with that, but I don't think anything I say will change your minds. You've been saying the same thing for as long as I can remember, that the game is dead etc. But here we are, releasing content almost (I know July just happened) every month and getting ready to detail what to expect over the coming months as well.

    Player count remain positive and our data, which is a mix from in-game telemetry, surveys and others are indicating that game health is trending upwards. You might things are all doom and gloom, but it seems the majority of the community might not share the same outlook as you. "Prove it" you will say, but you know what, we don't have to give you hard numbers. The reality is that even when we say "here are the numbers" we'd get people coming back with "don't believe you".

    I think it's rare thing these days that developers do share a lot of this sort of data, if anything it tends to only be around marque numbers (total players, anniversaries etc). Whether you belief it or not is down to your own prerogative.

    This isn't to say that things aren't perfect, we know there are areas we need to address. Bugs and issues being one of them - we are dedicating more time within the team to bug fixing, and addressing specific content requests - I'm cautiously optimistic that at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to.


    If your "goal" is to try "new things" don't have them be what is already the norm, all sabers is already extremely common for HvV and have your little tests sperate from the normal game.

    There is 0 justifiable reasons to reduce content, for what reason would anyone like less options?

    People aren't fussed because it is already the norm

    Again why would anyone like less content in an already stale game?

    Again take your "experiments" and make them optional, not enforced.

    This games post-launch support is bad compared to others, especially on a technical level, yeah here we are and the grand majority of the post-launch content has been clone skins.

    Yeah, same old broken record with the player count thing, you can give the whole "on our end' argument all you want but there is little reason to believe it. Saying something like "The game is doing fine, I'm not gonna prove it to you because I don't have to" really isn't helping your case either.

    Its rare? Activision does it with call of duty and Battlefield does on battlelog, also every game on steam lets Valve show player counts. The complete opposite of rare.

    Good point we have to many clone skins.They could give us more hero skins

    Stuff like this makes me think the devs can never do enough. Before clone skins started to be released people were crying for them. Now we're getting clone skins every month, and people are complaining that they aren't making enough hero skins. I agree that new hero skins would be great, but there aren't 10,000 people working on this game and they can't do everything at once.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE said:
    Few things.

    Events. When it comes to them our goal is to always try new things. It's never about content restrictions or removing content but more about changing up the gameplay for a short period of time. There are also the staple events such as increased EXP which we will throw in from time to time. These not only help those veterans who have been playing for a while to finish maxing out characters, but also help new players ramp up.

    The thing with events is that for every one person saying "this is bad" there are two others saying "this is great". Or those that enjoy it don't say anything because they content with just playing it.

    Just reading this thread alone you can see people saying that they aren't too fussed about lightsabers only, but would like a blaster only event, or trooper only. 

    There will be events that you don't like, and while that is regrettable it is the age old situation of not being able to please everyone. but we will always do what we can to please the majority.

    We asked people what they thought about events in the latest community survey and all of them scored relatively highly. It is of course personal opinion, but we feel that the overall sense is that these events do bring something different every now and then. We will keep experimenting with them too, which is what we are doing with the lightsaber only weekend. It's also why we now have Double Experience Wednesdays, which helps those who are unable to play at a weekend and often miss out things. That started as an experiment and is now here to stay.

    A lot of comments are stating we don't have a clue or aren't supporting the game. I'd disagree with that, but I don't think anything I say will change your minds. You've been saying the same thing for as long as I can remember, that the game is dead etc. But here we are, releasing content almost (I know July just happened) every month and getting ready to detail what to expect over the coming months as well.

    Player count remain positive and our data, which is a mix from in-game telemetry, surveys and others are indicating that game health is trending upwards. You might things are all doom and gloom, but it seems the majority of the community might not share the same outlook as you. "Prove it" you will say, but you know what, we don't have to give you hard numbers. The reality is that even when we say "here are the numbers" we'd get people coming back with "don't believe you".

    I think it's rare thing these days that developers do share a lot of this sort of data, if anything it tends to only be around marque numbers (total players, anniversaries etc). Whether you belief it or not is down to your own prerogative.

    This isn't to say that things aren't perfect, we know there are areas we need to address. Bugs and issues being one of them - we are dedicating more time within the team to bug fixing, and addressing specific content requests - I'm cautiously optimistic that at the end of August everyone will at least have something they can look forward to.


    If your "goal" is to try "new things" don't have them be what is already the norm, all sabers is already extremely common for HvV and have your little tests sperate from the normal game.

    There is 0 justifiable reasons to reduce content, for what reason would anyone like less options?

    People aren't fussed because it is already the norm

    Again why would anyone like less content in an already stale game?

    Again take your "experiments" and make them optional, not enforced.

    This games post-launch support is bad compared to others, especially on a technical level, yeah here we are and the grand majority of the post-launch content has been clone skins.

    Yeah, same old broken record with the player count thing, you can give the whole "on our end' argument all you want but there is little reason to believe it. Saying something like "The game is doing fine, I'm not gonna prove it to you because I don't have to" really isn't helping your case either.

    Its rare? Activision does it with call of duty and Battlefield does on battlelog, also every game on steam lets Valve show player counts. The complete opposite of rare.

    Good point we have to many clone skins.They could give us more hero skins

    Stuff like this makes me think the devs can never do enough. Before clone skins started to be released people were crying for them. Now we're getting clone skins every month, and people are complaining that they aren't making enough hero skins. I agree that new hero skins would be great, but there aren't 10,000 people working on this game and they can't do everything at once.

    There are too many Clone skins compared to other factions.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Have we ever got an answer why there can’t be separate event playlists? If they had these restricting events as separate playlists I’d be all for it.

    No offical answer

    realistically speaking they probably don't do a separate playlist because this game's player base isn't large enough or the events aren't too popular.

    It is also realistic that both might be the case.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Have we ever got an answer why there can’t be separate event playlists? If they had these restricting events as separate playlists I’d be all for it.

    No offical answer

    realistically speaking they probably don't do a separate playlist because this game's player base isn't large enough or the events aren't too popular.

    It is also realistic that both might be the case.

    If popularity is the problem, they could solve it by adding a 3x Experience for the Events playlist, right ? Sneaky but still useful for players.
    If it's the player base, I don't see a better solution than lowering the number of people needed on each map during these events. It might be necessary anyway, one day or another when the game heads towards the end of support and people stop playing it.

    I mean, if I open the game in 5 years, it's not to be able to play anything. Unless the offline offer has explosed.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Have we ever got an answer why there can’t be separate event playlists? If they had these restricting events as separate playlists I’d be all for it.

    No offical answer

    realistically speaking they probably don't do a separate playlist because this game's player base isn't large enough or the events aren't too popular.

    It is also realistic that both might be the case.
    It’s not the player base. Lobbies will make up with 40 players, regardless.

    They just don’t want to do it. It’s a choice, nothing more than that. Like so many other choices.
  • SSJSnoop
    2197 posts Member
    Stop crying, it's not that big a deal.

    Might do you some good being forced to use a lightsaber, ya know, the coolest weapon in all of cinema.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Stop crying, it's not that big a deal.

    Might do you some good being forced to use a lightsaber, ya know, the coolest weapon in all of cinema.

    It would be more of a change for them to force most of us to use a blaster.

    If it was 1v1's or we had an objective hero mode, I might be interested.

    Getting kill balled by 4 saber users is the norm for me when I venture into HvV these days.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Stop crying, it's not that big a deal.

    Might do you some good being forced to use a lightsaber, ya know, the coolest weapon in all of cinema.

    How is not liking content being taken away crying?

    I do use them and the saber combat is one of the worst aspects of this game, why should content be taken away from the game just because people like glow sticks?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Stop crying, it's not that big a deal.

    Might do you some good being forced to use a lightsaber, ya know, the coolest weapon in all of cinema.

    How is not liking content being taken away crying?

    I do use them and the saber combat is one of the worst aspects of this game, why should content be taken away from the game just because people like glow sticks?

    You keep proving my point.

    You're not simply disliking it, you're crying about it.

    Makes sense since you're an Iden main.

    Man up.

    Man up

    For what reason would I accept content restrictions?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • A
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Have we ever got an answer why there can’t be separate event playlists? If they had these restricting events as separate playlists I’d be all for it.

    No offical answer

    realistically speaking they probably don't do a separate playlist because this game's player base isn't large enough or the events aren't too popular.

    It is also realistic that both might be the case.

    The fact they think the game is in a good place and getting better is scary.
  • SSJSnoop
    2197 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Stop crying, it's not that big a deal.

    Might do you some good being forced to use a lightsaber, ya know, the coolest weapon in all of cinema.

    How is not liking content being taken away crying?

    I do use them and the saber combat is one of the worst aspects of this game, why should content be taken away from the game just because people like glow sticks?

    You keep proving my point.

    You're not simply disliking it, you're crying about it.

    Makes sense since you're an Iden main.

    Man up.

    Man up

    For what reason would I accept content restrictions?

    And the 😭 continues...
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Events. When it comes to them our goal is to always try new things. It's never about content restrictions or removing content but more about changing up the gameplay for a short period of time. There are also the staple events such as increased EXP which we will throw in from time to time. These not only help those veterans who have been playing for a while to finish maxing out characters, but also help new players ramp up.

    As others have stated eloquently - Events should be optional not mandatory. And, yes, in a way it is content restriction when you mandate players engage in a specific manner. I also have issues with increased EXP events---these do not necessarily help any one do anything aside from achieving new levels quicker. Does that make these new players ... better? Skill, understanding play dynamics, map familiarity, et al.---are developed over time and play. Why not just turn on ALL options from the get-go? Give everybody purple-level Star Cards, all weaponry with all options selectable.. ?
    F8RGE wrote: »
    The thing with events is that for every one person saying "this is bad" there are two others saying "this is great". Or those that enjoy it don't say anything because they content with just playing it.

    Please, please, please think about that. Please go speak to someone in Marketing about this. Someone worth their salt in Marketing and Product Development. When customers get frustrated that their concerns are not being heard by ANY company, corporation, political party, neighborhood party, dorm party, lemonade stand, what have you .. they LEAVE. All that is left are the Yes-Men crowd. The ones that will only reinforce your own sentiments.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    A lot of comments are stating we don't have a clue or aren't supporting the game. I'd disagree with that, but I don't think anything I say will change your minds. You've been saying the same thing for as long as I can remember, that the game is dead etc. But here we are, releasing content almost (I know July just happened) every month and getting ready to detail what to expect over the coming months as well.

    Hoooo-boy. Where to start.
    I would whole-heartedly disagree with you on any point you feel you are doing a good job with Game Design in CS/GA/Blast/Strike. And I can go all day on this if I have the time. All. day. And, I think you are well aware of the short-comings. I and others have documented this time and again, yet, it gets drowned out by those Yes-Men voices (being twice as many).

    As for releasing content almost every month - what content? Good content? Content that makes game play more enjoyable .. for the majority? Or for the Elite-few? For the very vocal Yes-Men minority? In the past 18 months, you have wrecked game play for the majority. Wrecked it. CS & GA are nothing but a debauchery of aerial, infiltrator, and hero-spam. It's boring. I repeat - boring.

    It is precisely because of the IP of Star Wars that this game has endured. Take away the "Star Wars" from this game, it would whittle away and die in a matter of weeks, if not days. The Quality of Life for the majority player playing the base-4 class is so bad it is a complete joke. Heroes are not heroes. They are just scrounging up kill-streaks for the heck of it. Rare is the time I ever see a hero actually playing the objective in CS or GA. You've got a truly funky definition for Game Design if this has been your aim all along.


    I better stop now before I start adding in adult language... .
  • EA_Rtas
    1709 posts EA Moderator
    edited August 15
    Alright let's bring this back on topic. back and forth arguing with Emoji's and such isn't exactly constructive or healthy discussion so leave it out.
Sign In or Register to comment.