criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Heroes need to be 15,000 or above

Prev13
TjPunx
1573 posts Member
They need to raise the prices of heroes to stem the constant stream of them

Replies

• ID_8615
    781 posts Member
    Boba1277 said:
    If this change happens then you must nerf the vehicles and give the heroes more health regen and I would be fine with the change.
    They already did nerf the vehicles.  Tanks can hardly run over anyone now.  And they nerfed the explosion radius.
    When you say "vehicles", I believe you are referring to speeders specifically, although the TX-130 needs a good nerf as well.
  • TjPunx said:
    15000 is a good number to shoot for if you want to get better
    I hate to see someone struggle with something as simple as what I said, but i meant practice with heroes in GA or CS...obviously. 
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    They should at least up it to 8k.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Anything more than the pocket change 4K that they are currently 
  • ID_8615
    781 posts Member
    At 4000, Hero spam is relentless in GA/CS.  It's no longer a special event.  8000 - 15,000 - then it becomes an event.  Something unusual.

TjPunx said:
    Making heroes 12-15000 gets enough of the noob/bad players away from wasting a hero. If you get that many points you probably have some skill
    So your saying that only people that are currently good at the game could get heroes then? What if someone just bought the game or is a casual player? By your logic, they should never get a hero. You seem to want to capitalize on the fact you had the game while the heroes were 4-6k, so you had the time to get good with them,
    No.  HvV permits ample opportunity for "noobs" to "git gud".
  • Heroes should be 8k
    Risultati immagini per **** meme

Heroes are totally worth it 8k 
  • vVrathh
    375 posts Member
    Alwe15 said:
    If you want the game to die, do this.

You'll certainly "clear out" the "weak" players and find yourself in empty servers. 
    If you think for a second that «weak players» are the ones getting heroes, then you are sorely mistaken. People like me get the heroes, and we get 4-5 of them because they are so cheap. So what do you think happens when a skilled player finally dies as a hero and can afford 4-5 more? He gets the hero again. And again. And again. If the cost was 15k, they’d get the hero once or twice. But lesser skilled players would also be able to get a hero eventually. Getting 15k isn’t hard at all if you do objectives or buff as an officer or destroy vehicles with ion weapons. Any newbie can do that.
    15k should be a minimum and/or a cooldown when you die as a hero.
  • xjippyx
    157 posts Member
    Heroes originally were 6-8k but there was a multiplier system for points earned in a life with the squad. When they removed the multiplier they kept the points the same but it killed the flow of the game. Heroes wouldn’t appear until stage 2. Sometime none at all because the game ended so quick. Then they dropped the requirements to 4-6k. Then just 4k. 

Its fine how it is. If anything I’d like to see an event where you get random heroes when you select one. 
  • ID_8615 said:
    At 4000, Hero spam is relentless in GA/CS.  It's no longer a special event.  8000 - 15,000 - then it becomes an event.  Something unusual.

TjPunx said:
    Making heroes 12-15000 gets enough of the noob/bad players away from wasting a hero. If you get that many points you probably have some skill
    So your saying that only people that are currently good at the game could get heroes then? What if someone just bought the game or is a casual player? By your logic, they should never get a hero. You seem to want to capitalize on the fact you had the game while the heroes were 4-6k, so you had the time to get good with them,
    No.  HvV permits ample opportunity for "noobs" to "git gud".
    HvV and GA are quite different when it comes to being a hero. Anyway though...your saying a higher amount of BP for a hero will reduce the number of them in a game. It will, but only at the start where it will just slightly increase the time the first 2 people on a team get a hero. Beyond that, almost everyone will eventually get 8k points and once those first people die, then others will immediately chose heroes. If your genuinely saying 15k for a hero thought, people are only going to get them towards the middle/end of the second phase, and then all that's left is third phase which lasts like 5 mins usually. So we're all supposed to be satisfied with having heroes available to only the best players and ion canon objective players and for only like 20-30% of the whole game? Give me a break. 
  • I think the argument of having a trooper only mode such as a cargo is different than forcing GA and CS to become a trooper only mode by hero increasing BP cost.

I’d love to see Cargo but that doesn’t mean you have to take heroes away from other modes. It’s a Star Wars game, there should be modes with heroes and troopers.
  • tts42572
    1107 posts Member
    I agree with the sentiment as hero spam is too heavy.

I'm not sure if 15K is the answer though.  That seems like too much to me.

I agree it's a problem though.  The biggest problem for me is that I'm often unable to even select heroes in a match.  I'll end matches with 20K+ points sometimes because I never had the opportunity to select a hero.  I kinda think that maybe around 6-8K is more realistic.

I'd also like to see a limit of some sort.  Maybe limit people to two hero purchases per match or maybe limit them to buying each specific hero only once in a match.  So once you purchase say Darth Maul, he's greyed out for you the rest of that match and you'd have to buy a different hero next time.  Maybe that would be a better limiter.

I just think 15K is pretty high.  Many people would probably only get one hero a match and it would limit the ability to use a lot of the other reinforcements.
  • No.  The real solution is to nerf the uber powered heroes in assault and keep them cheap.   Increased turn over on heroes is better.

Let more people play heroes because that is what people want. 

The passive health on kill is a big mistake.  The unintended consequences will make the game worse.
  • Alwe15
    849 posts Member
    vVrathh said:
    Alwe15 said:

You'll certainly "clear out" the "weak" players and find yourself in empty servers. 
    If you think for a second that «weak players» are the ones getting heroes, then you are sorely mistaken. People like me get the heroes, and we get 4-5 of them because they are so cheap. So what do you think happens when a skilled player finally dies as a hero and can afford 4-5 more? He gets the hero again. And again. And again. If the cost was 15k, they’d get the hero once or twice. But lesser skilled players would also be able to get a hero eventually. Getting 15k isn’t hard at all if you do objectives or buff as an officer or destroy vehicles with ion weapons. Any newbie can do that.
    15k should be a minimum and/or a cooldown when you die as a hero.
    Read what I said and tell me where I wrote that "weak" players get Heroes.

I said that "weak" players will quit playing if Heroes are 15000BP.

4K, 6K and even 8K is achievable for them. 15K is most likely not (except long-winded CS games). Tell half a player base that they'll never play Hero and watch as the mode and then the game die...
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    No.  The real solution is to nerf the uber powered heroes in assault and keep them cheap.   Increased turn over on heroes is better.

Let more people play heroes because that is what people want. 

The passive health on kill is a big mistake.  The unintended consequences will make the game worse.
    They started out designed for quick turnover and people cried.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• 6,000 minimum 
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I’d rather keep her o play as it is, and if the prices have to be increased 8k should be the maximum, (but someone pointed out that the initial decrease accounted for the loss of the multiplier).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • TjPunx
    1573 posts Member
    Having them higher forces everyone to PTO to get points faster. The game is called Battlefront, not Herofront
  • vonVile
    305 posts Member
    edited August 5
    This is what the BP system cost for Heroes should be:
    • 4000 Blaster Heroes
    • 6000 Force Users and Boba Fett
    • 8000 OP Heroes (Anakin, Palpatine and Yoda)
    @F8RGE
  • I’d rather keep hero play as it is, and if the prices have to be increased 8k should be the maximum, (but someone pointed out that the initial decrease accounted for the loss of the multiplier).
    How did I put a space in hero? Error fixed in italics.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • TjPunx said:
    Having them higher forces everyone to PTO to get points faster. The game is called Battlefront, not Herofront
    I'm pretty sure you're just trying to ruin large modes for people that like cheap heroes because you're still not over the loss of the target system. Just take it one day at a time bud. It'll get easier. 
  • TjPunx
    1573 posts Member
    Not really. The heroes are so cheap, anyone can get them with little to no skill. Make the BPs higher and they’ll go away from appearing every two seconds
  • Anyone can get the 4000 points. But they have beat other players to it.  Often someone gets a hero and holds on to it the whole match.

So no.  Anyone can not get a hero.  
  • 15 or above is a bit steep, but I’d be happy with 10,000 for a trial run… also a hero free weekend wouldn’t go a miss… as a trial run again
  • TjPunx said:
    Not really. The heroes are so cheap, anyone can get them with little to no skill. Make the BPs higher and they’ll go away from appearing every two seconds
    Press quote on the comment that you are replying to. Makes you look like a weirdo otherwise. 
  • TjPunx said:
    15000 pushes out the scrubs
    So you suggest that players that are already dominating the lesser skilled players be the only people that get heroes? That's a good way to get the "scrubs" as you call them to stop playing this game. All of the calls for raising the prices seem to be from people that want to feel superior to the other players. 

This entire idea of raising the prices is people making an issue out of nothing. People like this game because they want to be immersed in a Star Wars experience, and the heroes are a huge part of that. I rarely play GA, but when I do, I am not doing it because it was I want play as some random clone or droid. I like trooper play so I play Strike and Extraction. I don't try to ruin large modes for others. 
  • Alwe15 said:

This! It's stupid to want heroes to be 15K.
  • I'm pretty sure most players strive to be better.  That would literally do nothing to help them.  
  • TjPunx
    1573 posts Member
    Except having players that have no clue how to use a hero, keep respawning as them
  • They're trying to get better 😘