criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Officer Disruption

ID_8615
793 posts Member
Should also disable any light sabers in the vicinity.

Otherwise, Officers - like Assault troopers - have absolutely zero defense against the Hero-lords.

Replies

  • BigSwaggy88
    443 posts Member
    edited August 4
    ID_8615 said:
    Should also disable any light sabers in the vicinity.

    Otherwise, Officers - like Assault troopers - have absolutely zero defense against the Hero-lords.
    Zero defense? good aiming vanguards can kill heroes quick, especially gun heroes, and abilities like flash paired with headshots will also melt.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Boba1277 said:
    ID_8615 said:
    Should also disable any light sabers in the vicinity.

    Otherwise, Officers - like Assault troopers - have absolutely zero defense against the Hero-lords.
    How does that work? Is the flash grenade and combat toll not enough? I’ve taken down down plenty of heroes with that deadly combo. Making this change would make the heroes downright useless. Learn how to play and if you really want to take down a hero use the OP vehicle.
    "Combat Toll" ??  I need a translation service.  What the thunder is that?

    And, no, I don't want to resort to using OP vehicles.
  • I think this guys a troll :D If not, combat roll and blast them in the back, or use your flash grenade to panic them. It’s really not that hard, and there’s no reason why disruption should disable lightsabers.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Friendly fire is a different topic - a huge can of sarlacc pit worms.

    So Disruption only affects Blaster Heroes, then.. ?
  • adamjbamford
    1308 posts Member
    edited August 4
    ID_8615 said:
    Friendly fire is a different topic - a huge can of sarlacc pit worms.

    So Disruption only affects Blaster Heroes, then.. ?
    Ok then I don’t know which explanation you want but here’s both of them:

    a) Game balance

    b) Lightsabers are powered by kyber crystals, blasters are powered by energy packs (except the dt29). The disruptor temporarily stops the energy packs from channeling energy into a concentrated blaster bolt, whereas kyber crystals cannot be disrupted and therefore the officer’s disruptor will not stop the lightsaber from activating.

    My advice... let it go.
  • ID_8615 said:

    Not only did you fail to answer the question - Why doesn't disruption affect light sabers? - you also failed to counter with a logical argument.  Break it down, shall we?

    a. Exploding shots - yay.. even with extended cool-down, a Heavy's exploding shots on their own will not take down a blocking hero at full health. 
    b.  No grenade will take down an Elite (Aerial, Infiltrator, Hero) at full health.  But, I'm focused on Officers, in which case the Flash Grenade (even star-carded) will not significantly damage a hero.  You of all people should know that.  Heroes can still BLOCK while blinded, by the way.  Good luck to the Officer when the blindness wears off.
    c. Recharge and toss again.  Still good luck to the Officer.  Death awaits.
    d. NT242 Ion Shot?!?!?  LOL.  Even if it weren't Bugger to H_ck, it does REDUCED damage to Heroes..!!  All sniper fire does reduced damage to those flimsy Heroes with extra health.  LOL
    e. I'm not talking Aerials anyway.. but, yeah, 300 damage?? That kills no Hero at full health.

    Dude - go get a grip on debate skills, please.  I want a fairer fight, like in BattlefrontII.
    You’re breaking it down one by one, never will you be hit by one grenade, but multiple.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    ID_8615 said:
    Friendly fire is a different topic - a huge can of sarlacc pit worms.

    So Disruption only affects Blaster Heroes, then.. ?
    Ok then I don’t know which explanation you want but here’s both of them:

    a) Game balance

    b) Lightsabers are powered by kyber crystals, blasters are powered by energy packs (except the dt29). The disruptor temporarily stops the energy packs from channeling energy into a concentrated blaster bolt, whereas kyber crystals cannot be disrupted and therefore the officer’s disruptor will not stop the lightsaber from activating.

    My advice... let it go.
    Advice noted, pass.

    There is a lot in this game that is far from "Canon".  Just start with cross-era heroes and Anakin seeing / battling a mirror image of himself at times.

    Heavies have exploding shots, which while minimal in damage amounts, does affect heroes and can be used as a deterrent.
    Specialists have trip mines and stinger pistols.
    Assaults and Officers really have no reasonable defense against on-coming heroes.  Officers in particular do not have break-away speed.  And, as Rolling as a defense has been nerfed to the curb, Officers need something in their entourage to give them SOME KIND of relief to the onrush of a hero.  Disruption affecting light sabers would be ... something.  It would only deter a few from rushing head-long in to a pack of opponents when an Officer is present with an Ion Disruption.

    Otherwise, it's just an insta-death in GA/CS for Officers anytime a Hero bravely singles them out.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    @UhOhItsJus -

    Not only did you fail to answer the question - Why doesn't disruption affect light sabers? - you also failed to counter with a logical argument.  Break it down, shall we?

    a. Exploding shots - yay.. even with extended cool-down, a Heavy's exploding shots on their own will not take down a blocking hero at full health. 
    b.  No grenade will take down an Elite (Aerial, Infiltrator, Hero) at full health.  But, I'm focused on Officers, in which case the Flash Grenade (even star-carded) will not significantly damage a hero.  You of all people should know that.  Heroes can still BLOCK while blinded, by the way.  Good luck to the Officer when the blindness wears off.c. Recharge and toss again.  Still good luck to the Officer.  Death awaits.d. NT242 Ion Shot?!?!?  LOL.  Even if it weren't Bugger to H_ck, it does REDUCED damage to Heroes..!!  All sniper fire does reduced damage to those flimsy Heroes with extra health.  LOLe. I'm not talking Aerials anyway.. but, yeah, 300 damage?? That kills no Hero at full health.
    Dude - go get a grip on debate skills, please.  I want a fairer fight, like in BattlefrontII.

    @ID_8615
    1) I never said one exploding shot heavy can take down a hero. as he shouldn't. your claim was that blocks are impenetrable. it was an absurd claim and has no validity.
    2) one or two flash grenades will also not take down a hero...as they shouldn't. now when you have 150 damage impact, 100 damage ions, 300 damage imploders, 200 damage improved thermal grenades, etc all being thrown by 10 players then recharges on top of that. it adds up quickly.
    3) reduced damage or not, your claim was that nothing penetrates block....ion shot nt242 does.
    4)aerial rocket...once again, one rocket from a 1000 point rocket trooper should not insta kill a 4000 point hero.

    you are pitiful at this argument thing
  • That ability is annoying enough
  • "Trying not to get my self banned again intensifies"

    You just want heroes to be free kills troopers have plenty of tools to kill heroes learn how to use them.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • vonVile
    355 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Disruption is already broke as is. The area of effect is to wide and when hit by it you have to wait 2 second before you even have a chance to get your weapon out of cool down, which by that time you are already dead. Why isn't Disruption like it was in BF1 where people affected actually have a chance?
    Disruption should only work on; Trip Mines, Detonite Charges, and Turrets, not firearms.
  • Wow - you guys all coordinated that pretty well. Not even 2 hours apart. *golf clap* for timely coordination.
  • Officer Disruption should temporarily disable glow-sticks. Light sabers have an on/off switch.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!