criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Kashyyyk Galactic Assault MTTs have no purpose.

On any other galactic assault map with MTTs, AT-ATs, or AT-M6s, when they get to the end of their path they destroy something. (Wall, artillery turrets, etc.) But on Kashyyyk, the MTTs reach the end and … seem to do pretty much nothing. I know it's random, but I was wondering if @F8RGE @Charlemagne or anyone else knows if they do something useful I'm missing.

Replies

• Maybe to hold the clones back?
  • Holding the clones back would make sense, I’m just wondering if they actually do or attack something.
  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    I never thought about this, but they really accomplish nothing.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Thanks for replying.
  • *Bump
  • well, they are troop transports, so they are probably transporting troops
    for example, spawn point
  • On any other galactic assault map with MTTs, AT-ATs, or AT-M6s, when they get to the end of their path they destroy something. (Wall, artillery turrets, etc.) But on Kashyyyk, the MTTs reach the end and … seem to do pretty much nothing. I know it's random, but I was wondering if @F8RGE @Charlemagne or anyone else knows if they do something useful I'm missing.

Would have loved to see the animation we see on Naboo after the battle started. The MTTs stand on the left of the droid spawn and actually deploy troops. It would have been a nice addition if the MTTs on Kashyyyk would do that when they reach their target point to actually show, that they do something and deploy new troops (so that the clones can not really push anymore, since there are too many of them)
  • Wait...Don't the MTTs blow open the Venators doors?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

Nope they are forever open :D

Nope they are forever open :D

F in the chat
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • @jo_achim747 I agree that would be really cool to see.
  • Also, I find it a bit strange that both Clone Turbo Tanks are stationary. It would be cool if they started to move when the MTTs arrive, only to be blasted to a halt by the MTTs.
  • Am I the only one that finds it it weird that Kashyyyk is the one map out of 6 where the Artillery Walker isn’t needed to destroy something.
  • Naboo: palace walls
    Geonosis: Hardcell transports
    Endor: bunker blast door
    Hoth: Rebel Hanger Walls
    Crait: Heavy turrets
    Kashyyyk: Nothing :/
  • Or at least nothing that I’ve noticed.
  • I think they are there as place holders for the progression of the GA style map. Almost like there is a rectangle around them that exist a bit before and behind them and all the spawning and action exist in that zone until its time to go to the juggernauts then the Venator.
  • @SrawDawg I agree that the artillery walker/tank is used as a placeholder for the progression, it’s just wired that they also destroy or attack some objective in every other map they are in except Kashyyyk.
  • They're maintaining the grounds...those wide indentations in the Kashyyyk mud.
  • @preston_42382 Thanks, I never noticed that.
  • They really should blast open the cargo doors on the Venator, I'm guessing it was planned but cut for some reason? Too bad, that'd be fun. The "disgorge a ton of AI droids that hold the area to pen the clones in/cut off reinforcements" idea is pretty good too.
  • Yeah, I always thought they blow open the Venator doors until I watched closer and realized they were always open.
  • I have also realized that vulture droids start making attack runs on the Clone Turbo Tanks and Venator once the MTTs are in position though they don’t do any visible damage as far as I can tell. Hyena bombers also make a bombing run once the turbo tanks are destroyed, destroying the Venator’s upper turrets and sending electricity running across the top of the Venator. Maybe the MTTs are calling in the starfighters.