criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Palpatine must get a blocking ability

rmngrnk
29 posts Member
edited August 5
How about to add block ability for Palpatine, it's shall looks like Yoda's block animation , because in 1v1 in closes areas our Palp can not do anything against others Jedi and it's so painfully .

Replies

• CeymalRen
    1079 posts Member
    Sure, make an OP hero even more OP. Makes sense. 
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member
    rmngrnk said:
    How about to add block ability for Palpatine, it's shall looks like Yoda's block animation , because in 1v1 in closes areas our Palp can not do anything against others Jedi and it's so painfully .
    My idea was, that he gets a block for blaster fire and lightsaber strikes like he had in SWBF1 2015. Watch YouTube clips for this.

CeymalRen said:
    Sure, make an OP hero even more OP. Makes sense. 
    Of course with a block he must get a tweak for a nerf. I know myself how annyoing he can be. the same like most blaster users in HvV and Boba too.
    So with a blocks comes a tweak.
    Greetings
  • OcDoc
    1675 posts Member
    His level of evasiveness and maneuverability in this game is too good for me to get on board with adding a block.
  • Cadoth
    1087 posts Member
    Gosh, all these “give Palpatine a block” threads that are popping up lately are making me feel scared that the Devs could actually consider it a thing
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    Did we really need another one?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TiNie
    245 posts Member
    OcDoc said:
    His level of evasiveness and maneuverability in this game is too good for me to get on board with adding a block.

All blaster users have to problem to hit him while spin dodging. Dodging to block force powers is nothing to trust on, because this is not working that good and dodging while hit by a lightsaber strike seems to grant him only 20% of damage reduction.
    A full block with some tweaks is a better and more authentic way for Sidious. I dont like the image of a bouncing old man. Maybe one spin dodge is enough for him. Remeber saying Maul and Yoda don't need a block the first is fast enough and the latter is small enough and now with their blocks everybody say its great, even Yoda's lightsaber block is really buggy.
    As I said a block with Sidious to make him stronger against blaster users and make him more authentic and then of course some tweaks are needed, just as I said only one spin dodge in a row for example.
    By the way Sidious electrocute is almost useless for him in HvV!!! Dealing no damage, only shocking the enemy and that for only 1s. This should be tweaked too. And maybe his stamina drain much faster if he uses lighting midair. With a block this could make him a more "static" object and not a bouncing ball.
    Greetings.
  • in the corridors or narrow spaces palpatine can do nothing against a good player with the Jedi or any blaster hero
  • Shouldn't the most powerful Sith Lord be OP anyways? 
  • Dont be stupid that the most powerful Force user ever gets a block.
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member
    EA and Star Wars is like Disney and Star Wars.
    Both understand Star Wars at all.
    Shouldn't the most powerful Sith Lord be OP anyways? 

He should be one of the best villain in HvV, but he need not to be op.
    Anakin's nerf makes him not the strongest hero (light side) anymore, in my opinion, and this is fine.
    Yoda should be the best hero in HvV, but he is one of the weakest light side force user besides Obi-Wan in the game. He is really weak in 1vs1 against a lot of villains and he is really in need of a regular HoK card in HvV.
    Greetings.
  • How about get his lightning attacks working properly...
  • No block needed. Just don't stand still.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • rmngrnk
    29 posts Member
    edited August 9
    No block needed. Just don't stand still.

If you if you meet a good player, then your quick movements will not help ... especially in narrow, closes spaces
  • rmngrnk wrote: »

If you if you meet a good player, then your quick movements will not help ... especially in narrow, closes spaces

If you are a decent Palpy player, you won't go in narrow, close places. ;)
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • TiNie
    245 posts Member

Then he needs unlimited dodges and blaster damage reduction with it. There are a lot of good aimers on PC that makes it really hard for Sidious to stand against blaster users.
    rmngrnk wrote: »

Its not important in what area you are. Palpatine while dodge is a easy target for good aiming PC gamers!
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    TiNie wrote: »

Then he needs unlimited dodges and blaster damage reduction with it. There are a lot of good aimers on PC that makes it really hard for Sidious to stand against blaster users.

Its not important in what area you are. Palpatine while dodge is a easy target for good aiming PC gamers!

So you want to punish people for being able to aim?

h846398gb27k.png

• rmngrnk
    29 posts Member
    edited August 9
    bfloo wrote: »

So you want to punish people for being playing like Palpatin ? A powerful emperor, the lord of the Sith who is easy to shoot ... a guy with a gun does it easily, nice
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

So you want to punish people for being playing like Palpatin ?

Palps is in the best place he has been since the 1st patch. Leave good enough alone.

h846398gb27k.png

• TiNie wrote: »

You just said, "especially in narrow, close spaces." and then "it's not important what area you are in." lol

Maybe, you need a block but many others are fine with him as he is. If shooters keep killing you then change your tactics when they are in your match. I never have an issue with them and they're the easiest ones to take out. Sounds like a bit of user issue to me.
  • bfloo
    15514 posts Member
    If you take Palps into tight areas of the map you can't play him to his strengths.

h846398gb27k.png

• TiNie wrote: »

You just said, "especially in narrow, close spaces." and then "it's not important what area you are in." lol

Maybe, you need a block but many others are fine with him as he is. If shooters keep killing you then change your tactics when they are in your match. I never have an issue with them and they're the easiest ones to take out. Sounds like a bit of user issue to me.

..."You just said, "especially in narrow, close spaces."... word "especially" does not mean that only in narrow rooms, this is an addition to the essence of the issue. I mean EVERYWHERE BASICALLY. Do not distort the meaning of this topic !
  • rmngrnk wrote: »

..."You just said, "especially in narrow, close spaces."... word "especially" does not mean that only in narrow rooms, this is an addition to the essence of the issue. I mean EVERYWHERE BASICALLY. Do not distort the meaning of this topic !

Yeah, the last bit wasn't in response to you so calm down and keep up. lol
  • rmngrnk
    29 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Many players wrote that Maul did not need a block because he was fast, his attacks reflected the blaster blah blah blah blah and other nonsense, while He was one of the weakest characters in the game. But after he received the block, playing for him became much more fun, and the game became more balanced. Likewise about Palpatine. Do you want to say that you need to be a super nerd to play for Palpatine without a block and choose special tactics for the game, moreover, carefully, while Lando or Khan will simply destroy you in most cases, both in open areas and in corridors without any problems?