criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Strange parallels between Luke Skywalker VS Death Star 1 and the biblical story of David VS Goliath.

The first thing you have is the mismatch.

Luke Skywalker in his X-wing fighter with R2D2 in the back VS an artificial created moon sized space station that destroys planets with its main weapon. There should be no way that one X-wing should have been able to take it out.

Just as David a shepherd boy VS basically a giant and full sized man that also had on body armor. There should be no way that David armed with only a sling and stones should have been able to beat a warrior champion of the Philistines.

Then you have the element of FAITH.

Other X-wing pilots had tried and failed to land that special shot into the "weak point" of the Death Star. They were essentially allowing computers or GPS to navigate for them. The computer told them that they were "this far away and going this fast" etc etc, yet they failed. Basically a GPS system.  Then Luke hear's a phantom voice of Obi-Wan tell him to "use the force Luke" so he then turns OFF his targeting computer much to the dismay of those back at the base. And fires his one in a million shot and DESTROYS the death star. Luke was acting by FAITH.

David did something similar. Common sense would tell you that he shouldn't win that battle. Many told him he couldn't.  But David believed that God would deliver Goliath into his hands, and although David had brought with him 5 sling stones, it was one that struck Goliath in his temple (weak point) that took him down. David was acting by FAITH. You could also consider the number 5 having a significance to Babylon, the statue in Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar's dream which he got the prophet Daniel to explain to him, having the 5 material zones and the one stone that struck it on the feet and broke it into pieces. That stone would be like God or the Word of God. The only one that can have everlasting dominion and always win.

Oh well, just thought I would point that out and some out there might find this post interesting.

Replies

• 5char
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • one4themoney
    35 posts Member
    edited August 8
    Remove
    Post edited by one4themoney on
  • "Peter Popoff needs your money to help u"
    -Mk300mk
  • MK300MK wrote: »

That makes no sense at all.
  • Hokey religions and ancient slings are no match for a good blaster at your side.
  • Another strange parallel is that they’re both works of fiction that only a child could actually believe.
  • MK300MK
    39 posts Member
    edited August 12
    Another strange parallel is that they’re both works of fiction that only a child could actually believe.
    ^So edgy it cut me
    "Peter Popoff needs your money to help u"
    -Mk300mk
  • Another strange parallel is that they’re both works of fiction that only a child could actually believe.

You know what else is fiction? Humanity came from apes and a big random explosion just happened to create the universe out of all the other plausible explanations because text books said so. If I were to choose to listen to an atheist or a child, Im afraid the latter seems to be a lot more reasonable.

• David1543 wrote: »
    Another strange parallel is that they’re both works of fiction that only a child could actually believe.

You know what else is fiction? Humanity came from apes and a big random explosion just happened to create the universe out of all the other plausible explanations because text books said so. If I were to choose to listen to an atheist or a child, Im afraid the latter seems to be a lot more reasonable.

The big bang theory is mary sue.

Ya know...I think I was playing a Battlefield game years ago and I looked up and saw the shining sun above my head on the game. And I thought "this is a video game.....and I'm like a gold fish in a gold fish bowl. An entire fake world around my character." Then I considered how real life is oddly similar. I go outside and look up and there is a great big light in the sky during the day. I honestly as a mortal man, who lacks the power to fly like a super hero, have no idea about that stuff up there. How far away it really is, what it is really made of, how long its really been there, etc etc.

Turns out there is a Bible verse that suggest the gold fish in the bowl thing. - Isaiah 40:22

Not trying to be negative here, maybe what is up there is part of a heavenly reward, and you can fly around and explore without the need of a space ship or special suit.
  • SrawDawg
    733 posts Member
    edited August 16
    David1543 wrote: »

Well said. Something from nothing is not very scientific is it? If energy is not destroyed just converted and all. But it depends on ones own personal definition of science also doesn't it?. If you take into account, that there are spiritual things that cannot be seen yet they have an effect on things in this physical world.........like a magnetic field from a magnet under a piece of paper effecting paper clips above. Then everything is not exactly random.

So then I read in a science book about the existence of a magnetic field that cannot be discerned by the 5 senses. Yet, I can observe and perceive its presence on ferrous metals around me that do exist in 3-D space, or the "Flesh". In a similar way, many religious texts point to the existence of spiritual forces and beings that can have an effect on people and things in the physical world. If your excepted "science" does not account for said forces and powers, then it probably would seem like magic to you. And that is like the famous quote from Arthur C Clark "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".