criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Count Dooku is a disappointing hero & needs a complete rework

I'll start this off by saying this hero has good health, health regen & 9 viable cards. That's it. He's just bad & a bottom 3 saber hero Even if his duelist ability was working. He'd still be bad & not worth 4k bp or picking in HvV. 

Dodges

L.... OOOOOO....LLLLLLL. Giving this hero a extra dodge does nothing for him. I will take anakin's 2 smooth dodges over dooku's 3 dodges( as well as over the other saber heroes) any day of the week. What was the point in giving him a extra dodge? He has 3 dodges but thanks to Obi-Wan he'll just have ZER0. This is just here because someone actually thought that a extra dodge would benefit him. You could give him 2 & he wouldn't skip a beat.

Expose My Weakness 

This move is meant for dueling yet exposes him to cc & blaster fire effectively exposing him. This move should get the mind trick treatment & happen instantly.

Dooku's expose weakness is the most disappointing move in the game & here's why.

This move does nothing to help him or his team in taking areas like these from yoda buffed troopers & big deal(overpowered) 600 health & 50% damage reduction having troopers. They can buff an entire room but dooku can only debuff 1 trooper. A trooper he can 1 shot already with duelist

Count Dooku should & needs to be turned into the villans support hero. His expose weakness should affect multiple targets in either a large 360 radius like Finn & Yoda or similar 90 degree AOE like pull, choke etc. He should also have something similar to Yoda & Finn where he knows exactly how many people are in the radius.

Lightning Stun

Count Dooku is the only hero who does less damage for each person he hits why? Palpatine who has a very similar ability which has significant more range does 125 damage for each target he hits & he hits a maximum of 9 targets. Yet Dooku who has pathetic range can hit only 5 & does less damage the more people he hits?? Count Dooku should do 160 damage for each trooper he hits & 120 for each hero.(these are his standard damage for both troopers & heroes) Additionally his lightning stun has pathetic range. Here is his range at 8 meters 

His stun range should be buffed up to 12 meters exactly like vader. Lightning stun has to short of a range in GA & needs a definite range buff of 12 meters. This will help him deal with pesky troopers from range

The Duelist??

Count Dooku is THE worst duelist in the game & isn't even the best duelist on the darkside. That title belongs to Vader without a doubt. Yoda, Anakin, Kylo & Luke are arguably just as good if not better than him at dueling. How is a hero who was specifically designed for dueling not even the best at it? He's just not viable in any mode besides hero showdown & needs a serious rework of his abilities. 

Replies

• CC_1010
    1812 posts Member
    Thanks to Obi Wan? lol Obi Wans rmt needs to be toned down a bit but that’s it. Do you want him to have no strength and uniqueness at all?
  • il96
    575 posts Member
    He becomes the best duelist if you have BOTH Exposed Weakness + Duelist active, however given how slow the animation speed is for Exposed Weakness and the active time for Duelist it is VERY difficult to chain up. Especially since the target will run once "exposed".
    I have no problem with the lightning stun, it knocks down the target which is very devastating.

As far as GA goes hes a beast don't even both using Exposed Weakness on a troops that's not who its designed for. He destroys Wookie Warriors like no other, troops cant roll away from him with duelist on.

Id love to see a AOE for Exposed Weakness with a greatly increased animation speed to "surprise" targets. Aside from that he's a beauty.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • tts42572
    1132 posts Member
    He's bad....him and Obi Wan are a good pair....both terrible saber heroes.

I think I have him at level 10 because I just can't stand using him.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Thanks to Obi Wan? lol Obi Wans rmt needs to be toned down a bit but that’s it. Do you want him to have no strength and uniqueness at all?

I think you misunderstood what I meant.
  • tts42572 wrote: »
    He's bad....him and Obi Wan are a good pair....both terrible saber heroes.

I think I have him at level 10 because I just can't stand using him.

Right I love their characters but damn I hate playing as them
  • il96
    575 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Yeah, he’s pretty useless overall, in the sense that there’s virtually no reason to pick Dooku. His survivability is laughable in GA, & there’s literally ZERO reasons to choose Dooku over another DS saber hero, as he’s not anywhere as good.

Which is a shame, as he’s a pretty cool & powerful character in the SW universe.

Here is a reason, top the leader board with Dooku and have the others players be like "Damn for once a strong Dooku". If exposed weakness comes out as quickly as Rey's Confusion his danger level goes way up, you'll be able to catch a hero off guard amidst the chaos in GA.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • TheUltimateHope
    1096 posts Member
    edited August 7
    Dooku design doesn't make any damn sense whatsoever. It is just ridiculous that we have to explain it. Terrible hero, just terrible, easily the worst right now.
    And what is even more painful is that fixing his bugs woin't make him viable.
  • I'll start this off by saying this hero has good health, health regen & 9 viable cards. That's it.

What happen?

I remember folks raving about how he was the first post launch hero with no bugs, and how he functioning well, even a couple months after he came out.

We DO know that he brought with him the horrible gift that keeps on giving, the dreaded magnetic sabers. My theory on this was that his attacks (especially Duelist) were broken, and the quick fix they decided on was to cover the sabers in syrup, so nobody can get away from anything ever (and supernever if there's more than one saber attacking you) and just toss it on everybody cos reasons.

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • He's an awesome character... but he gets destroyed by pretty much everyone.
  • Buff dooku
  • NomiSunstrider
    2870 posts Member
    edited August 8
    Buff dooku

You cant buff a badly designed hero. Needs redesign.

Personally i never wanted Dooku, the dark side could have benefited more from an imperial officer type hero like Krennick or Thrawn to counter Finn and Yoda buffs.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Psy3d
    780 posts Member
    Dooku is not badly designed. He just needs his Duelist swing speed to work and maybe even more damage boost while we are at it. And also his lighting strike needs more range by default.

Here's Dooku before he got messed up

He was a very good cqc saber user when his Duelist speed didn't bug out during a dash in it. He was even faster in his OG release Duelist state...king of spam so to speak that could bring down a V2 Ani.
  • He was really good and fun at release, not sure what they did to him.

I'm fine if lighting stun range and damage, I've always see it as more of a "get off me!" than actual offensive action. I would love a damage buff for sure.

BADS:
    Duelist: They messed it up so bad. It feels super slow, I used to MELT any heroes if I managed to get a jump on them from behind. Now is just so slow, and doesn't feel any more powerful than regular Vader/Ani,/GG/Obi strikes.
    Blocking: good grief, is like he's lifting 200lb lightsaber how much time it takes to lift and block, if he blocks at all.
    Exp Weakness: agreed, is useless, takes too long, very exposed, lasts too little.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Dooku is not badly designed. He just needs his Duelist swing speed to work and maybe even more damage boost while we are at it. And also his lighting strike needs more range by default.

He was a very good cqc saber user when his Duelist speed didn't bug out during a dash in it. He was even faster in his OG release Duelist state...king of spam so to speak that could bring down a V2 Ani.

He's badly designed bro. When you think of GA expose weakness is a useless move. It allows you to 1 shot yet you already do that with duelist lol making it pointless. Then yoda & Finn can buff an entire room making his move even more useless. Probably the worst saber hero in GA even if duelist was fixed.

Being a cqc hero means nothing in GA on maps like kashyyyk or geonosis. Every saber hero is a better pick than him.
  • Psy3d wrote: »

Dude seriously who's going to be impressed by what you posted ? If ever you're just proving our point and showing you don't exactly know what you are talking about :
    -Dooku was already messed up in what you posted, had to watch just 2 seconds to realize this, his Duelist sequence wasn't even playing against the Han you killed despite the ability being active
    -Going up against people who ultimately lost the game 33-0 (which we can easily call a blow out) against a team having a Phasma, with players not knowing how to block, just spamming attacks, taking the full 4 hits of Staff strikes is hardly a reference to anything.

Not badly designed ?
    How do you call a character designed for 1v1s in a game with no 1v1s ?
    How do you call a character designed for 1v1s bad at 1v1s and who is vastly surpassed by others in that specific domain ?
    What about the fact that Expose my weakness is literally useless or even dangerous for its user, it only reduces the time to kill by one swing, time vastly spoiled by the animation and the time to catch up to the prey, animation that leaves YOU exposed ? The fact that it only targets one person at a time and that even with all the cards equiped it only increase damage taken by a percentage inferior to abilities that grant greater percentage of damage reduction to a whole team for a longer duration and a faster cooldown ? The fact that saber heroes can just block for the whole duration and not be phased a single time (which is just the easiest out of the trillion possibilities to ignore this "ability") ?
    How do you explain that an ability that not only has a very short range loses value the more people you hit (only instance of such a thing in the whole game) ? An ability that is not only blockable and dodgeable on top of all, but also once again due to the short range can be outpassed by fast travels (*cough* magnetic saber *cough*) when there are far greater similar abilities that can even be used midair ? Should i mention that it is incredibly buggy ?
    Apparently he has 3 dodges, that must be one of those highly theoritical stuff that you can only grasp by thought experiments because playing the game i feel much faster and effective using my dodges with other force users that aren't Obi Wan. Except it isn't even a feeling, it is a fact.
  • Bumping this so the devs know.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • Psy3d
    780 posts Member
    edited August 9
    ...a post driven by such passion...

I'm WITH you not against you on what you said. But that's how they designed him to be...or original intention was when they designed him. What I THINK is DICE wanted him to be a killer when you face him alone or in small numbers and you need to play him fairly defensively with a burst of random offensive when you have duellist active or have backup crew. But now with newer bugs he's borderline a filler character in all modes. Even the bug in the vid I posted he was still good to use back then...but now he slightly PAUSES in his 2nd or 3rd swing randomly which means simply means quick death even at the hand of potatoes! Not to annoy with another vid but imho his OLD duellist speed gave him EDGE on HvV/HS for sure...should've shared this instead

Yes in GA he's below average...and using expose weakness in there is frankly meaningless on ONE enemy and killing that target and getting a quick recharge means jack since to do it on another enemy since he needs to waste time doing it again with a slow animation and that ONE enemy needs to be pretty close by. So this can be tweaked...like if they make it like Rey/Obi's mind trick style multiple enemy with a AoE spread...then we're talking.

And lightning strike...the way it's designed...to me seems to be used in between swings or an enemy rushing to you or an enemy crowded by your crew and you can sneak in extra damage from close range. But it loses damage effectiveness when when it spreads to multiple enemies?? Again design decision by dev's which works against him in GA where there's ALWAYS will be multiple enemies in most scenario...more in choke points. So here again he can be tweaked....where damage value does not go down, the base spread is more AND the animation speed of lighting strike is as close as Vader's choke...so he doesn't telegraph the move is coming too much and give far less time for others to block/dodge it.

Lastly dodge also can be tweaked by giving it distance per dodge as if he's sliding like Anakin than just moving a bit like an old man...well he is pretty old. Yet again GA it does't work well in it's current state but HvV/HS I can get by with it. And other thing I would like to mention is his block animation....he takes WAY TOO long to bring his saber up to block blasters shots....again in GA he takes damage while every other saber users(apart from Gen G) can insta block and hardly take any damage from blaster shots.

I don't think @F8RGE and friends will rework Dooku(or any existing hero character) but if they tweak ALL his existing abilities and moves properly with survivability factor for GA in mind...Dooku can be an above average saber hero pick. Lets see what they do for Dooku in coming patches....hope they fix his senior swing moment at least.

He's badly designed bro.

I trust you too bro and your threads...more than anyone else the forum.

• the biggest problem with dooku today is that he is extremely dependent on "duelist" to be powerful or he loses the attack speed bonus as soon as he dodges or jumps after activating his ability ... makes the character no one, I would love to see the dooku gameplay after this repair before deciding on a possible nerve or buff
  • Dooku’s the only DS hero I still have at level 40. There’s currently no reason to use him unless you’re doing it just because
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Dooku’s the only DS hero I still have at level 40. There’s currently no reason to use him unless you’re doing it just because

I agree with you, but it does not prevent that DICE must repair it so that it is in a "playable" state
  • I just played as Dooku on Heroes vs Villains. He can be amazing some times, and that time was in that game I played.

• I just played as Dooku on Heroes vs Villains. He can be amazing some times, and that time was in that game I played.

cr0fbu1tcpq2.gif

You're in a premade against bad randoms & have the nerve to say he's amazing when you blew them out. Please don't ever post gameplay while in a group unless you are going up against a group.
  • Zyder
    401 posts Member
    Once I did a 42 killstreak with Dooku in Yavin IV GA. But now I feel his strikes are slowed down.

cr0fbu1tcpq2.gif

You're in a premade against bad randoms & have the nerve to say he's amazing when you blew them out. Please don't ever post gameplay while in a group unless you are going up against a group.

Kids will never learn. If they went up against good players they'll get manhandled.
  • CC_1010
    1812 posts Member
    I see no reason to pick him over kylo or Vader or Grievous.
  • Dookus dodges looks cool
  • JusticeFrutPies
    4 posts Member
    edited August 17
    He certainly needs work I wont argue that. Hes got more bugs than an ant hill. His duelist hardly ever works and his lightsaber mechanics are utterly garbage at the moment. But I feel like hes getting quite a lot of undeserved hate. Hes not supposed to be played like Vader or Kylo. Hes best utilized with hit and run tactics or leading large groups of troopers. If they fix duelist and his saber mechanics he'd actually be able to be played properly. Using duelist to clear rooms of enemies while saving his lightning for those troopers grouped together in corners. NEVER use exposed weaknesses on troopers not even heavys it's for enforcers only as they are the only ones who won't (or can't) run the second you use it. Plus nothing is more satisfying than cutting through those uncivilized wookies. An argument could be made for enemy heroes if you have a squad following you that can take advantage and deal sufficient damage. Never wast it on a jet trooper. They'll run and you'll have wasted it and above all pick your targets. Dooku sets traps he does not fall into them. If you are out numbered maneuver around and try picking them off and dont fear a tactical retreat. Frontal assaults just aren't how hes supposed to be played unless hes the one with the numerical advantage.