criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Palpatine Lightsaber Mode

Gesph
26 posts Member
The character must be canon. For that purpose, replace "Dark Aura" with "Lightning Mode". While in Lightning mode, Palpatine is exactly as we see him now (no blocking allowed), while Lightning Mode is off, he will use his lightsaber as we see in the fight with Yoda or Windu in the movies. He can block but he can't shoot lightning with both hands, only with one hand and not at the same time he swings the lightsaber. Also his dodging ability is slightly reduced.

I think Palpatine really should be able to use his lightsaber. This is just an idea, but since he is truly powerful already there has to be some downside when he is using the lightsaber (ie: not being able to shoot lightning).

Replies

• Gesph wrote: »
    The character must be canon. For that purpose, replace "Dark Aura" with "Lightning Mode". While in Lightning mode, Palpatine is exactly as we see him now (no blocking allowed), while Lightning Mode is off, he will use his lightsaber as we see in the fight with Yoda or Windu in the movies. He can block but he can't shoot lightning with both hands, only with one hand and not at the same time he swings the lightsaber. Also his dodging ability is slightly reduced.

I think Palpatine really should be able to use his lightsaber. This is just an idea, but since he is truly powerful already there has to be some downside when he is using the lightsaber (ie: not being able to shoot lightning).

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree with you my man, So, instead of a unique character, we should make him more like others? As if heroes aren’t becoming more and more generic anyway? He’s pretty much the only close/midrange character the game has, and is really interesting to play as. Sounds like with your suggestion he’d just be Dooku with some different voicelines and a robe.

Anyway, just adding my 2 cents, not at all trying to flame you or ***** on your idea. Just weighing in.
  • SYchael
    110 posts Member
    ClayCam wrote: »
    Gesph wrote: »

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree with you my man, So, instead of a unique character, we should make him more like others? As if heroes aren’t becoming more and more generic anyway? He’s pretty much the only close/midrange character the game has, and is really interesting to play as. Sounds like with your suggestion he’d just be Dooku with some different voicelines and a robe.

Anyway, just adding my 2 cents, not at all trying to flame you or **** on your idea. Just weighing in.

I also respectfully disagree. Better to have a Senate Palpatine Legendary skin that swaps one of his lightening abilities and have the choice to be the real Palpatine rather than being limited and not getting the full playing as Palpatine experience.