criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Suggestion of new reinforcement: Commander

This one isn't a hero, is a reinforcement but that only one person can use him at the same time in each team.
His role is be a strategic unit that used properly he can help to his team much.

This unit would be expensive same as a hero.
To kill the commander would have a big reward of points for the killer. And then this one wouldn't be avaible to be select until 1 minutes later.

Commander is more a rearguard unit than a first line combat unit. His abilities are of support and exploration.

With 350 points of health, his weapons will do same damage than the weapons of the basic classes like the assault or officer.

His ability Orbital strike would change by a thermal imploder when the game would be in phases with only closed enviorements.

Posible clone commander skins: Cody, Rex, Wolffe, Gree, Bacara, Bly, etc.
Weapon: DC-15S.
i4yzhv734wj4.bmp

Posible separatist commander skins: Super tactical droid ( Kalani, Aut-O, Kraken ), TX-20 T-series tactical droid, Nute Gunray, Wat Tambor, Trench.
Weapon: DT-57 heavy blaster pistol.
5c9dvkfxzbo1.bmp

Posible rebel alliance skins: Admiral Gial Ackbar, Saw Guerrera, Bail Organa, Raddus, Crix Madine, Jun Sato.
Weapon: Relby K-23 blaster pistol.
xo4vc8xkkihy.bmp

Posible galactic empire skins: Grand Moff Tarkin, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Rae Sloane , Agent Kallus, Garrick Versio
Weapon: DT-12.
0qmokwvs45lb.bmp

Abilities:

1) Commander's Presence (Passive abilty): the health of nearby allies to begin regenerating 50% quicker.

2) Superior battle command: All nearby allies arround 10 meters you increase their resistance and movement speed and with increased ability recharge. These improves also works on you.
YsNMWwpgbZWqItd-800x450-noPad.jpg?1539413306

3) Probe droid (Recon droid): Commander can deploy a recon droid and then take the control of this droid.

Abilities of the droid:
- Pulse scan (all): detect all enemies in his vision range and your team can see them theirs minimap.
- Blaster shot (all less astromech): A heavy blaster with slow firing speed, but with splash damage.
- Self-destruct mechanism (all less astromech): allow it to destroy itself and do a big damage all enemies around.
- Electroshock prod (only astromech): emitt a brief electrical discharge, sufficient to stun the enemies around and make them a big damage.
- Smoke screen (only astromech): emitt a big quantity of smoke to protect your team or scape from enemies.

Droids:

Republic: Prowler 1000 exploration droid.
latest?cb=20071013153911

Separatist: Sith DRK-1 Dark Eye probe droid.
Sithprobedroid_SWE.png

Rebel alliance: R2 astromech.
R2.jpg

Galactic empire: Viper probe droid.
latest?cb=20151115014524

4) Orbital strike: the commander use a binoculars to request a lethal cannon barrage from planetary orbiting ships, covering a large area. Players that are within the target radius will receive a warning 1-4 seconds beforehand to escape.
( Very slow recharge: 2 minutes )
bfIlXZf.jpg
Clone-Wars-Clone-Trooper-Commander-Binoculars_Big_6.jpg
Orbital-bombardment-art.png

5) Thermal Imploder: For or some maps or in some phases where it cann't use the orbital strike.
latest?cb=20170103151805

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

1bfioawlu399.png

Replies

• Lyc4n
    1145 posts Member
    Wouldnt this defeat the point of it being a reinforcement if it costs the same as a hero and theres only one avaialble, dont get me wrong im all for bluring the lines between heroes and reinforcements so characters can fit in but the point of reinforcements is. So you can have multiple, even if its just a couple. I do like this but i think ide rather see a medic reinforcement first maybe.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1290 posts Member
    edited August 9
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    Wouldnt this defeat the point of it being a reinforcement if it costs the same as a hero and theres only one avaialble, dont get me wrong im all for bluring the lines between heroes and reinforcements so characters can fit in but the point of reinforcements is. So you can have multiple, even if its just a couple. I do like this but i think ide rather see a medic reinforcement first maybe.

This one can't be a hero because a hero is only one character. But commander reinforcement allow you change the character but the abilities continue been the same.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Lyc4n
    1145 posts Member

This one can't be a hero because a hero is only one character. But commander reinforcement allow you change the character but the abilities continue been the same.

Still not sure about the bp cost, putting them on same pb would make it feel like they are worth the same and a hero should be worth more. There should be a tighter gap between reinforcements and heroes though, characters should be skins for reinforcements
  • Lyc4n wrote: »

Still not sure about the bp cost, putting them on same pb would make it feel like they are worth the same and a hero should be worth more. There should be a tighter gap between reinforcements and heroes though, characters should be skins for reinforcements

Only one player could used the commander at same time. Then 3000 - 4000 must be fine.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I see that there is 0 interest.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I see that there is 0 interest.

I'm interested...I would love an orbital strike ability
  • Lyc4n
    1145 posts Member
    No i am interested i think this could be very good with a few tweaks. Opens the doir for many great skins, but then again theres no skins for any reinforcements
  • Laser921
    2065 posts Member
    edited August 10
    Maybe for the rebels it can be more like

5c6g20l0i0ji.png

unless these guys become a skin for the assault class
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    Maybe for the rebels it can be more like

5c6g20l0i0ji.png

unless these guys become a skin for the assault class

Rebel marines should be other reinforcement class like Infiltrator.

Commader would be between officer class and a heroe.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I like this... it changes the dynamics of most of the GA. Just one question, wouldnt this be a bit overpowered in CS?
  • I like this... it changes the dynamics of most of the GA. Just one question, wouldnt this be a bit overpowered in CS?

Really i designed this one only thinking for GA. CS is a mode too frenetic, with annoying bots and the droid control would be complicated without places to hide. But it's posible.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Great idea, but maybe it should cost 3000 battlepoints and there should be 2 of them available
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • @F8RGE
    What's your opinion?

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Awesome! But it could be still better.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I would like to can play with Cody and use recon droids.

1bfioawlu399.png