criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Obi-Wan seriously needs buffed!

I have heard that his dodge is getting a look at but that is nothing compared to what I am going to say.

His All-Out Push cancels out sometimes.

His Restrictive Mind Trick also doesn’t work sometimes. I mind tricked Iden there not so long ago and she was still able to use her roll.

Obi-Wan can really only deflect blaster shots accurately if they are being continually fired at him, e.g. a high rate of fire blaster.

To be honest the only 2 good things about Obi-Wan is that he can block more saber swings than other saber users and his Restrictive Mind Trick when it actually works.

To my knowledge Kenobi can block as many blaster shots as Vader can block and Yoda can absorb, which is 46.
Obi-Wan should be able to block more by default. He’s by far the worst saber user in the game.

Replies

• Do any of you players play as Obi-Wan? Try to deflect someones’ shots. Not all of the shots go back to the person or people.

Obi-Wan uses Form III in lightsaber combat, which was created to effectively counter blasters. Dice do you know how bad Kenobi is right now?
  • Surely a Master of Soresu is able to deflect 1 shot back to an officer. Blaster shots, whatever the kind, should go back to the enemy if the reticle is on the enemy but this is not the case! Dice why?
  • You are wrong about the Soresu form.
    What you were talking about is the Shien or Form V. It was more adept at countering blasters. Shien's focus was to return the blaster bolts to their origin. Soresu or Form III was primarily created against saber users. However, some Soresu users created Form V to deflect blaster fire more effectively. I don't say that Soresu wasn't effective against blasters, but Shien was more focused on returning the bolts.
    However, you are right about that Obi-Wan should be able to deflect the blaster bolts more accurately, despite the fact that he was the master of Soresu. Obi-Wan was also adept in other forms such as Form IV (Ataru), and Form V (Shien), not just Soresu. He implemented elements from Form IV and V to his Soresu-based swordplay from time-to-time. That's what made him one of the best duelists of all time.
  • You are wrong about the Soresu form.
    What you were talking about is the Shien or Form V. It was more adept at countering blasters. Shien's focus was to return the blaster bolts to their origin. Soresu or Form III was primarily created against saber users. However, some Soresu users created Form V to deflect blaster fire more effectively. I don't say that Soresu wasn't effective against blasters, but Shien was more focused on returning the bolts.
    However, you are right about that Obi-Wan should be able to deflect the blaster bolts more accurately, despite the fact that he was the master of Soresu. Obi-Wan was also adept in other forms such as Form IV (Ataru), and Form V (Shien), not just Soresu. He implemented elements from Form IV and V to his Soresu-based swordplay from time-to-time. That's what made him one of the best duelists of all time.

Thank you.

I have read and quote - “ The Soresu Form was devised to counter the widespread emergence of blasters...”

Also I quote in relation to Soresu - “A careful application allowed a Jedi to redirect the shot (blaster shot) back at the attacker, though this skill was more commonly applied by Shien practitioners (which you have said above). Against multiple blaster-wielding attackers, the ‘circle of shelter’ was advised. This technique allowed a Soresu practitioner to hold off as many as twenty shooters by dropping into a moving meditation, relying on the Force to perceive the various positions of the attackers and the necessary movements to evade or deflect their shots”.

I furthermore have heard Anakin uses Form V and is adept at blocking blaster shots in this game. However since Obi-Wan is more focused on defense in Battlefront 2 and as you have said above has “...implemented elements from Form IV and V to his Soresu-based swordplay from time-to-time”; he should be able to deflect all blaster shots with super precision back at the shooting enemy(s), provided his tiny reticle is on the enemy(s) and that he has stamina.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

• It is only but fair to give Obi-Wan this super precision at deflecting blaster shots, to make up for his lack of offense. He should be the only one in the game to be able to do this.

I stood still earlier as Obi-Wan and a bot I’m CS also stood still while shooting me. Well what do you know I had my reticle on the bot when it shot me and it took way to many blaster shots to kill the bot because the deflections were not accurate enough. I may even send a clip of it.
  • Might I ask what part of Form V did Obi-Wan implement?