criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Buff Vader’s Choke

Vader’s Choke has approximately a 25 second cool down, which is far too long for the amount of damage it does. Make the recharge rate of it 15 seconds at most. This is no way overpowered as some may think. Take a look at Luke and Anakins cool downs for their abilities and look how fast they swing their savers.

Replies

• lerodemmy wrote: »
    Is this is a joke?

Oh yeah, this kid is definitely clowning. Invincible AND damaging.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Is this is a joke?

Why would it be a joke? Do you Vader bro?
  • serenity wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Is this is a joke?

Oh yeah, this kid is definitely clowning. Invincible AND damaging.

He ain’t invincible when he chokes someone and it does about just less than 150 damage, yet Anakin can do that much damage with 1 swing and Vader has to wait about 25 seconds or more for Choke to cool down!
  • BlueBox5 wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Is this is a joke?

Why would it be a joke? Do you Vader bro?

Uh, yeah.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Then you should know what I mean. Other characters have 2 area of Effect abilities which have shorter cool downs that Vader’s Choke ( as in Luke and Anakin - both these characters have higher damage per second than Vader because of their swing speeds and abilities). Vader only has 1 area of effect ability which has a ridiculous cool down for the amount of damage it does. It’s flat out disgraceful!
  • Cadoth
    1164 posts Member
    BlueBox5 wrote: »
    Then you should know what I mean. Other characters have 2 area of Effect abilities which have shorter cool downs that Vader’s Choke ( as in Luke and Anakin - both these characters have higher damage per second than Vader because of their swing speeds and abilities). Vader only has 1 area of effect ability which has a ridiculous cool down for the amount of damage it does. It’s flat out disgraceful!

Lol do you know why this ability has a 25 secs cool down? Because it’s undodgeable, Vader has 90 fricking % damage reduction and while you’re up in the air he can also use his saber throw in the meantime and then maybe also swing the crap out of you, so if none of your other enemies attacked you while you were being choked and you’re not already dead, then you’re free to continue the battle with 200hp left
    Then you should know what I mean. Other characters have 2 area of Effect abilities which have shorter cool downs that Vader’s Choke ( as in Luke and Anakin - both these characters have higher damage per second than Vader because of their swing speeds and abilities). Vader only has 1 area of effect ability which has a ridiculous cool down for the amount of damage it does. It’s flat out disgraceful!

Choke is one of the most devastating abilities in the game. It prevents you from attacking Vader until you know it's on cool down. It allows Vader to have a good chance to win 1v2 engagements that most characters would have no chance to survive.

Vader is pretty much the second best character in HvV, and probably a favorite in every 1v1 encounter. A truly great Han player can stand up to Vader... sometimes.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Well then, let me balance his Choke and also add a few extra buffs (which hopefully should make sense when I get into it).

Give Vader’s Choke a cool down of 15 seconds, but the minimum and maximum damage output of the Choke is around 100 to 120 respectively. Vader’s Choke is like his signature ability.

Now on to the other buffs which to adults and non cry-babies should make sense.
    Vader and Luke both do 130 damage per lightsaber hit, only Vader swings slower. Make Vader able to do 140 damage per swing and while Focused Rage is active, 150 damage - Dooku does this amount of damage with Duelist, Anakin can do 150 damage with his lightsaber using a boost card and Grievous can do 160 damage with a boost card.

Think about that.
  • Actually, maybe the damage of Choke should range between 90 and 100 respectively.
    Well then, let me balance his Choke and also add a few extra buffs (which hopefully should make sense when I get into it).

Give Vader’s Choke a cool down of 15 seconds, but the minimum and maximum damage output of the Choke is around 100 to 120 respectively. Vader’s Choke is like his signature ability.

Now on to the other buffs which to adults and non cry-babies should make sense.
    Vader and Luke both do 130 damage per lightsaber hit, only Vader swings slower. Make Vader able to do 140 damage per swing and while Focused Rage is active, 150 damage - Dooku does this amount of damage with Duelist, Anakin can do 150 damage with his lightsaber using a boost card and Grievous can do 160 damage with a boost card.

Think about that.

This won’t stop Vader from putting more than 500 damage on you once choked.

• What do you mean?
  • Vader is always going to have his Choke.
  • Dooku’s combined abilities also does a lot of damage.